Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 4,821 to 4,840 of 14,348

Sylverstone

Aqueous wrote:

@Syvlerstone - SquiggleTail - has a writing project not really all that pony related or at least if it is he's hiding it for later. But to be most basic, we as in everypony in on it, is writing a different chapter of the story. The synopsis is up and writing has started but nopony is far yet and Squiggles wants all the help he can get.

Wow. That sounds really cool!

Then again, I have a lot on my plate currently and I'm unsure if I can fully participate.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Aqueous

@Sylverstone - if your in, click on Squiggles name and take the link, he expects it to take a year or so and he's pretty much worked out everything and knows who does what. Give it a shot, I'm sure he'd love some help.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

That might've been one of the best MAD skits EVAR.
Loved how the cake said "GO BRONIES!" and the Flutterguy nod.
Also, loved how Tara Strong voiced Twilight.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Syrup

That was in fact a great MAD skit.
The references didn't over power the whole thing, like most skits. The fact that Tara Strong not only voiced Twilight, she also voiced a purple Pinkie Pie. The Flutterguy reference was funny too. And the brony message was awesome.

TeeJay

Anyone got a video link to said MAD skit?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Aqueous

@Twilight_Crow - Finished my reading, I'm speechless, I never seen a flawless flash back before that did not seem off or conflict with things established or just seem off some how or some why that felt like it did not fit but, well you blew your competition out of the water, the chapter was beautifully woven and well constructed. I saw maybe two things I would bring up if you asked me to proof read right now. If there was spelling, I missed it, your mastery of writing amazes me even now and this beats everything done previously. Just plain unbelievable and I feel really guilty for pausing as people and the internet distracted me. Your way with words again has astounded me. Please take all the time you need with it, I'll wait patiently for it to be complete. Thank you for the sneak peek.
-Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

@Aqueous Oh wow the first thing I find when coming here is your post. Again with the praise, as usual you are far too nice, thank you. So that means you didn't find it too long? No boring parts? No Celestia OOC? If you want to bring up anything please do.

Glad, one person likes my work. We received responce from EQD, and they didn't like the first chapter . The prereader said it was too much tell and too little show, well they completely missed the point; we were inside Luna's mind, and she wasn't paying much attention at her surroundings in that chapter . We'll try again, I noticed it needs just a little bit more explanation there. Not a full revamp but I got some ideas to improve chapter 1.Nothing that will change the story, just smooth the pace.

Now I need to check the thread to see what's up.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

ToastyYogurt

Here's the MAD skit, for those that missed it:
[youtube:OV-UqV-Daq0]
Yeah, quality's crap, but it's the best I could find for now.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Twilight_Crow

Palutena = Tara Strong?
Awesome!

@Applejacklove @Destroyer64 @Wildvine53 @JarvanZheitk @SquiggleTail Hope that you enjoy my work when you read it. Please give me your opinions, I really need them.

Also, yes chapter 4 is up only for you guys to pre-read. It is almost complete but lacks my edior's review so sorry if you find grammar errors and typos.

@ZeroX I haven't have time to re-read your fic, and it is too short and incomplete too rate, I never rate stories till I get a good grasp of what's going on. Besides it would be unfair if it is still a work in progress. Please tell me you are not shipping Horus with her, as in a real "Romace" :/ .

Nice content on the thread as usual, thy bronies, and thy Destroyer, I really wanted to watch that MAD clip.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

AlbertoC

Twilight_Crow wrote:

We received responce from EQD, and they didn't like the first chapter . The prereader said it was too much tell and too little show, well they completely missed the point; we were inside Luna's mind, and she wasn't paying much attention at her surroundings in that chapter . We'll try again

Well... I too have received a little too harsh criticism on my original artwork for the ideas being being "too simple" and "deviating a lot from the depicted character's personality". Add the facts that sometimes i screw up and the pictures look strange, and that i don't use GIMP like the pros do. It's somewhat easy to lose confidence.

I always ask for constructive criticism mainly because i have just started. I have been working on developing a technique, trying very hard at my drawings, and focusing the ideas i have into something everyone can see. I really like drawing ponies guys, today i had a very good attitude toward creative ideas, "giving the canvas life". You know, just today i bought a notebook just to start sketching ponies (just as it sounds), and just now having rejected notices with these kind of comments on my mailbox does have an effect. And here i was thinking i could take over Equestria Daily .

As the mask salesman in Zelda Majora's Mask said once... Just have faith...

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Twilight_Crow

Hey our Avatas are bigger! So they indeed are using the same structure here and in Push Square. Silver Spoon looks cuuuute.

@AlbertoC You are totally right. It is a matter of practice practice practice what you are doing. Good luck with your drawing. We'll see our works there someday.

AlbertoC

Twilight_Crow wrote:

Silver Spoon looks cuuuute.

I know, right? Isn't she cuuuute? How can i ask Silver Spoon to be my valentine? (Both words AND possibitity :S EDIT: I know... I'll ponyfize myself, then make a comic... Perfect plan. Or write a fanfic. I'm not new to this bussiness, gosh (well, i'm fairly new))

Twilight_Crow wrote:

We'll see our works there someday.

Well, you have one up already. Then it's decided, i have 2012 to have an artwork featured by EQD. In the meantime, just have faith...

Edited on by AlbertoC

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Syrup

Okay, so, I have a lot on my plate right now.
First, I have to catch up on my reading list. So, i have to read @Twilight_Crow's new fan fic, and I also have to read @Buob's and @ZeroX's fan fics too, and I have to read the latest chapters of "Progress" , "Ponies Play D&D", the last chapter "Forever in Black", plus I need to find a bad fan fic for "STFFT" that's bad, but not "Forever in Black' bad.
I also have to read the first five issues of the new 52 Batman, and the Tales from the Batman book, PLUS Neil Gaiman's Sandman.
I need to start writing two more character descriptions for my website, and start writing the prologue with @Aqueous. AND, I need to ask @Sylverstone if he wants to join Project:Revolver.

I need to do all of this by Thursday.

Buob

@SquiggleTail - you don't have to read my fic by Thursday. You are allowed to push it back to this weekend or even next week if you have to. In all seriousness, just read it when you have time. It's not going anywhere.

Edited on by Buob

Previous works, Princestians, (Chapter 5 is on hiatus)

Nintendo Network ID: buob-san

Lunapplebloom

Wow so much happend today while I was gone. Sorry I wasn't around all day was busy again with other things, and @Twilight_Crows fanfic. Brace yourselves for the WALL OF TEXT.

@Twilight_Crow This is hands down one of the best things I have read period. The way you weave flashbacks and current events is unrivaled. You give the world so much detail I feel as if I am watching the cartoon but with a more sorrowful tone. There were a few typos and errors here and there in the fourth chapter, but they hardly take away from the overall experience. Are you a professional book writer, because this is golden. I loved every minute of your story, and can't wait to read the rest. But don't rush it. A story like this needs care and attention to detail which you excel at. Bravo Bravo. (Hands clapping together)
Shame that EQD didn't except the first chapter.

@Buob Ok, take your time if you need to. I'll be starting on your fanfic tomorrow. Btw great avatar.

@Shadow100 That Pony Icarus pic was awesome. I didn't know Platuna was voice by Tara Strong. I was going to get it day one anyways, but now I can't wait.

@Aqueous I found all the comics you put up to be very funny. Great finds.

@Dark_TeeJay Those pony kart pics are brilliant. Kudos to the artist.

@Destroyer64 Thanks for finding a link for the video, It was very funny. That comic you put up mad me crack up.

@Sylverstone Nice to see you again. Nice rhyming as always. Dang it I missed racing with you. Is it possible to get your friend code?

@General_SquiggleTail You were racing today too. I wish I could have been there. Don't over read yourself.

@AlbertoC Just to let you know I always liked your pictures. I have your most recent ones saved to my computer.

@FluttershyGuy That picture was so cute. I wish I had ponies running around on my counter.

@MasterGravehart Hurray for Derpy. Can't wait to see your fanfic on the events.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.