Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 4,261 to 4,280 of 14,348

Aqueous

@Braeburn - Spoilers! Not nice, lol

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Chief_Braeburn

@Aqueous Sorry but you did ask so I explained and sorry for the spoiler I forgot about that.

Edited on by Chief_Braeburn

Braeburn Chief of Police at the Manehatten Police Department.
My 3DS Fc : 3995-6538-0967

Aqueous

@Braeburn - I know, that's why I put in the lol. I only needed to know I was not looking at a mass killing or some terrible bodily harm.

@ZeroX - Would you like me to search it for things that are off, or should likely be fixed, I've done it for Twilight_Crow and her editor? It keeps one of my skills sharp. I've seen at least one thing that needs to be fixed, I won't say how many, till you ask and then I'll say what and where. You'll need somepony to give it a look over I think, good writing though. Too bad it's not as strong as 4 hours of sleep had it appear but still you've got a solid skill, far greater then many authors.

I see you enjoy jumping between reality, dreams and the past. You wrote a bloody tale, strange, that you write your weaknesses in but no matter. I'll keep going on with it. It's given me some nice insight.

This is your "CUPCAKES" line,
Before he knew it, the pink pony was done. Famished, Horus began devouring the cupcakes. Suddenly, his face crispened as he began coughing loudly, trying to catch his breath. The other ponies in the bakery stopped conversing and simultaneously turned turned to the pegasus, now in terrible agony. An evil smirk appeared on the baker's face. Horus crashed to the ground in a thundering thud. Slowly, she approached the unconscious stallion and whispered: "Now, the Eyes are mine..."
Now that you don't stop there I see it's not but still, I think that'll explain why I gave up. Also you had the store void of other ponies before, so it was well set up for a killing, main character or not.

Edited on by Aqueous

Syrup

@FlutterShyGuy, Alright, I'll check my SwapNote later. Also, my avatar is a humanized version of the greatest fortune cookie based hero this side of the equator: SHARKNIFE!

Untitled

Also, @Aqueous, you should check out that video I posted about Cupcakes a couple of pages back, since you won't read the original, I suggest you watch/listen to that version, as it is a parody that focuses less on the violence and gore, and more on the fact on how ridiculous the original plot is.

Aqueous

@SquiggleTail - Alright, I skipped the other one too, it's for the Rainbow Factory fan fic right? The voice grates me. But sure, though I was thinking of finally looking at the original and it's follow ups, side story and I think prequel

Chief_Braeburn

@Aqueous Ok. Ya the sketch is based on the game uncharted for PS3 and I don't like mass killing at all or a lot of bodily harm either.

Edited on by Chief_Braeburn

Braeburn Chief of Police at the Manehatten Police Department.
My 3DS Fc : 3995-6538-0967

Syrup

This Saturday!
[youtube:1GEACjShkq4]
*Season 2, Episode 17: Hearts and Hooves Day
Air Date: February 11th, 2012
Synopsis: The Cutie Mark Crusaders create a strong love potion in the hopes of making Miss Cheerilee and Big Macintosh fall in love, but when they discover the serious side effects of their concoction, they quickly regret their actions.*

The plot for the "Hearts and Hooves Day" episode reminds me of an episode of another show, "The Powerpuff Girls". Actually, many people do compare the Cutie Mark Crusaders to the Powerpuff Girls: Applebloom (Blossom) is the leader of the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Scootaloo (Buttercup) is the tom-boyish one of the group, and Sweetie Belle (Bubbles) is the girly one. Actually, Lauren Faust's husband (Craig McCracken) is the creator of the Powerpuff Girls, so I guess that's why they are similar. Anyway, the episode that I'm talking about is episode 50, "Keen on Kean" in where the Powerpuff Girls set-up a date with the Professor and their teacher, Ms. Keane. The two hit it off, and soon, the girls come to regret this. (Basically, Ms. Keane would be Cheerilee and the Professor is Big Mac.).... Eeyup.

Edited on by Syrup

Aqueous

@ZeroX - Give me at least two hours, my search begins. I'll go exactly at it just like how I search Twilight_Crow's.
I got by, without the next line and ponies inside, it looks like the opening to a short gory read.
I will admit I've read some stuff, I should have not touched and will not again.... although Death Troopers is tempting..... nope

@SquiggleTail - Okay then, Rainbow Factor is now also on my list for when I'm feeling:
a)stupid
b)brave
I don't have the hub so unless the thing goes online I'll end up missing. Also if the bus drivers get off their strike I'll skip as there are people I should hangout with.

@Braeburn - I can't forget it for long, just annoying.

@AlbertoC - Silly Filly, you get slower not faster as you draw more, as you start putting more effort and time in each piece.

Edited on by Aqueous

AlbertoC

Aqueous wrote:

@AlbertoC - Silly Filly, you get slower not faster as you draw more, as you start putting more effort and time in each piece.

Oh well, i don't mean to speed-draw or to begin making low-quality artwork, but to develop an optimal technique i can use without too much difficulty or consuming excessive amount of resources, being time the most critical one. Rest assured that i want to improve, not get worse.

Big_Mac: Awesome, the expression you gave Horus is priceless. I hope to take a look when you finish that piece!

Braeburn: Very nice drawing, the heads are well defined and the cutie marks are on place. But take a look at the mare's flank, the shape should be the same as the stallion's (but smaller), also the tails are kind of plain. Just my opinion.

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Aqueous

@AlbertoC - When I draw I surrender my resource of time, just hours and hours of drawing, I've spent many long hours on single pieces. Just focusing on little details, shades, how the light shifted as I went, etc, best part, my thoughts stop.
I never meant you'd make low quality work, just you'll need up losing speed to make things more exact but then again, I don't know the rules of computer art

Macattack

@ZeroX: Okay then. I'll probably end up doing something similar to my recent Sonic pics...

@Braeburn: That's a pretty good Uncharted-style pony drawing. It makes me want to draw Sully...

@Squiggleface: I looked at a bit of that "Cupcakes" parody video and it pretty dang funny. Besides that guy's ear-bleeding voice, I like it. xD I'll load the rest later when I can leech off a wifi hot-spot.

@AlbertoC: Ah cool! That's a great vector! I know how long vectoring can take and I'd say you're pretty dang fast considering it only took 4 hours.
Thanks, btw! This'll be my first shaded pony pic, so wish me luck. ^^;

@Aqueous: You're joking, right? I've gotten a lot faster at drawing just recently...

I apologize for posting another random internet pic so soon, but I just have to post this. I think it's safe to say that the artist responsible for this awesomeness has quite easily...well, upstaged me.
Untitled
The colors, the details... Oh man, I love everything about that guitar. (It's very detailed, yet it suits the FiM style) Rainbow Dash's expression is also so very fitting! When/If I do another Derpy guitar pic, I wanna make sure to give as much detail as this guy has!

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

AlbertoC

Tare wrote:

I'm terrible at learning all of these sparkly tricks to use in Gimp, where are you finding the information on em?

To be honest i'm making myself a salad. Remember the apple i made? It was from a more general oriented tutorial involving shading with the burn tool, among other things.

http://mlp-atg-alumni.deviantart.com/gallery/34660572

Another good resource on invaluable info, some of the Photoshop tricks can be translated to the GIMP, except the "automated pony drawing" one (just kidding )

And this is my favorite, since this started it all (and it's the method i use, with some variations)
http://veggie55.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d3i0ggs

I know i have posted it already, but it's too good to be ignored on a pony art how-to anthology.

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Aqueous

@Big_Mac, nope, I've gone from half an hour a piece to 2 plus hours each drawing and the two hours is likely an under estimate. The drawings I'm doing for here are likely only 3 hours each. I can take 8 hours and not even care and still keep going, so I don't think I'm kidding

Macattack

@Aqueous: Well gee, sorry for having a little fun. I'm sure you'll eventually gain speed as you improve though. That's what I was saying "you're joking" to. (ie: you will get faster as time goes on, not vise-versa)

Edited on by Macattack

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

Aqueous

@Big_Mac - I was not being offended, I've slowed down to improve, every second I spend is another I've used towards a better piece. I'm not a rushed pony, I take my time, it's not like things are going to run off if I take time and it allows me to prefect my work.

Macattack

@Aqueous: Oh, okay... I'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way. ^^; What you're saying is true; it does take time to reflect on what you're drawing and improve the anatomy and style. However, once you have a sort of 'set' way of doing something, you can only get faster. (at drawing a specific thing of course... not at adding more objects/scenery)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.