Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 14,348

Aqueous

@ZeroX - First I'm up too late so good night. Second glad it stops there, that ends the reading for me.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

TeeJay

Night Aqueous. You always seem to leave us just as I get the time to relax and browse NL.
(I've been posting in between doing IRL stuff this whole time)

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

theblackdragon

@Tare: There's a difference between reporting one post and reporting every single post on a page. All it took was one person to point out the problem, and if multiple people point out the same problem, who cares so long as it gets taken care of?

KaiserGX wrote:

I sent an e-mail to the staff and I got a similar response about it being in good fun.

I have no such e-mail in my inbox. edit: wait i figured it out~ i think at that point what was happening was someone was in the process of going down the line reporting every single post from a non-regular posting pony macros and the like to this thread, the main of which was a known brony who had just wanted to share what he'd found in the thread. it's different when one of you guys messes around opposed to a complete outsider; i do have to take that into account. as much as some of y'all want this thread to be all sweetness and light, there's an edgier side to some of the MLP fun, and other fans of the show have as much right to post in this thread as you guys. :/

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Tare

It's when the story is launched in a ridiculous direction without any warning.
E.G.
"Albert was walking to school, looking forward to the traveling clown. As he was crossing the street , TEN THOUSAND MAN EATING RABBITS BURST FROM UNDERNEATH THE GROUND! THEY QUICKLY CHASED DOWN A WOMAN AND TORE HER APART WITH THEIR LARGE"- You get the idea.

Any idea can be plausible, as long as it has proper buildup. You can't just go from 0 to 20 in ten seconds flat! You need to slowly, Sensibly, develop the story.

Also, if he had never met Pinkie Pie before, how did he know the song?
Just an observation...

Edited on by Tare

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

GuardianKing

Tare wrote:

It's when the story is launched in a ridiculous direction without any warning.
E.G.
"Albert was walking to school, looking forward to the traveling clown. As he was crossing the street , TEN THOUSAND MAN EATING RABBITS BURST FROM UNDERNEATH THE GROUND! THEY QUICKLY CHASED DOWN A WOMAN AND TORE HER APART WITH THEIR LARGE"- You get the idea.

Any idea can be plausible, as long as it has proper buildup. You can't just go from 0 to 20 in ten seconds flat! You need to slowly, Sensibly, develop the story.

Also, if he had never met Pinkie Pie before, how did he know the song?
Just an observation...

Sorry, I had to go to bed, but The next sentence actually was ; "How do you know that?" to which Horus says (sarcasm); "just some rumors I guess"

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

EvilRegal

@Everypony
I read mention of Jumping the Shark. Anypony else fully expecting to see an episode where Pinkie Pie not only literally jumps over a shark, she also does acrobatics over it and uses its nose for a trampoline? She's already handled the 4th wall with ease, so it's time for her to move on to new TV tropes to make a mockery of, hee hee.

This is my favorite Pinkie Pie 4th wall images, posted here back around the time I joined the herd...
Untitled

I want Pinkie Pie to come out the top of my TV to party with me! I have a Sony TV too, if that makes a difference.
Pinkie Pie: WALTERCATCHME!
CRASH HEE HEE!

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

EvilRegal

theblackdragon wrote:

@Tare: There's a difference between reporting one post and reporting every single post on a page. All it took was one person to point out the problem, and if multiple people point out the same problem, who cares so long as it gets taken care of?

KaiserGX wrote:

I sent an e-mail to the staff and I got a similar response about it being in good fun.

I have no such e-mail in my inbox. edit: wait i figured it out~ i think at that point what was happening was someone was in the process of going down the line reporting every single post from a non-regular posting pony macros and the like to this thread, the main of which was a known brony who had just wanted to share what he'd found in the thread. it's different when one of you guys messes around opposed to a complete outsider; i do have to take that into account. as much as some of y'all want this thread to be all sweetness and light, there's an edgier side to some of the MLP fun, and other fans of the show have as much right to post in this thread as you guys. :/

Just posting this as someone who also did nothing. I guess reasons I did nothing were these: First, most anywhere online you go with show discussion, there are trolls that not only attack MLP: FiM fans, they attack them maliciously. Yet, those posts and the accompanying flame wars remain. So, I have it etched in my mind (even after posts have been erased here in the past) that it's something I, as a Brony, am supposed to have a thick skin about and deal with. Second, I know of LordJumpMad's reputation for trolling, whatever thread he's in. So, I just write it off as "LordJumpMad being LordJumpMad", and play along. Turning people in has always been hard for me anyway, in any situation. I'd hate to get someone in trouble for playing around. Yet, I know there is a line and I'll be more aware of it.

And I'm one of the "sweetness and light" fans that had to get accompanied to edgier stuff, from fans and the show (I was shocked by Pinkie Pie going so psycho in a "little girl's show", that was the inspiration for the "Cupcakes" fan fic LOL).

On a side note, I never get enough of your cute kitty avatars (even as primarily a dog and, of course, pony fan )!

Edited on by EvilRegal

theblackdragon

@FluttershyGuy: I get the 'it's just LJM being LJM' mentality, and I do generally encourage people to not take him seriously or ignore him outright, but the problem is that he (and those accompanying him) went way too far last time. They proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that they couldn't be trusted to behave in this thread, and so I put my foot down with them rather emphatically... and then I came into a giant mess here yet again. I'm over it., and hopefully now he knows I'm serious. As for deleting the messes (as opposed to letting them stand), over the years it's proven the most reliable way to keep people from swooping in months later, fists flying and doing their damndest to stir up old, long-forgotten crap.

People on both sides of the issue have been acting like fools lately, and it's got to stop. I will start handing out bans before I have to clean up another nearly three pages' worth of posts for a third time. You have all been warned: Let us know if you think something's going wrong with the Report button, please, and we'll be glad to look into it for you.

That said, I am not interested in continuing to derail this thread — that's what I set out to stop, after all! If anyone wants to continue this portion of the discussion, I invite you to use the Contact Form to get in touch with us directly — any further off-topic posts will be deleted edited to say 'PONIES PONIES PONIES~'. Thank you, and please, get back to ponies D:

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Sh00kst3r

PONIES PONIES PONIES~

Oh, now that's too funny. XD

Edited on by Sh00kst3r

3DS: 2363 5629 7333

EvilRegal

Sh00kst3r wrote:

PONIES PONIES PONIES~

Yeah, what you said. Here's an interesting fact: What is one of the main things you always hear that little girls, young girls, and young women (and older) want for their birthday/any other day of the year? PONIES! Now, it's the year 2012. What do little boys, young boys and young men (and older) want for their birthday/any other day of the year? You guessed it. PONIES! Tomorrow (still the 1st here, for 10 more minutes) is my birthday, and I'm getting me some moar ponies for my birthday next time I'm somewhere that has them (want blind bag ponies, dammit )!

And the next generation of girls across North America and Europe in particular (where Bronies are predominantly) are really going to be winners. When we see our daughters (or sons we showed MLP: FiM to) desperately asking to get a pony for their birthday (with a pouty face), we'll understand with all our hearts. We'll get our daughters a pony, come hell or high water, if we have to steal one from the zoo! Or, we'll tell her, "only if I can haz poniez too"!

Edited on by EvilRegal

Gummioguava

@FluttershyGuy Gummi climbs on your back and puts a party hat on your head Happy Birthday! ^_^

Edited on by Gummioguava

Previously I-hate-ponies
gummigator.deviantart.com
gummioguava.tumblr.com

Rocossa

Heh, some bronies in my area got together and made a couple of chalk drawings outside the University.
Untitled
Untitled

Rocossa

Lunapplebloom

@FluttershyGuy Happy Birthday! I hope everything turns out okay for you in the future. Brohoof

@I-hate-ponies that was so cute Gummi. I loved it.

@CorporalPegasus That does seem like something Yoda would do.

@Aqueous Good Night.

@Sylverstone There was a video of Zecora too? I didn't know that.

@Bimmy_and_Jimmy That's pretty awesome.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Gummioguava

@NintendoFan_27 Gummi waves good bye with a tear in his eye

Previously I-hate-ponies
gummigator.deviantart.com
gummioguava.tumblr.com

Lunapplebloom

@NintendoFan_27 Bye. I'll miss ya. Here's a going away present. Untitled

"I'm up for it if you are Scootaloo!" exclaimed Applebloom "Although who knows what it could have done to Zecora." She looked down at the ground for a moment, then to the hut behind them. She now felt a little unsure about going after the figure, but when she remembered what Zecora did for her sister Applejack and her friends, she pushed back the feelings of doubt that clouded her mind. "Let's do it... for Zecora." And with that she raced into the woods after the shadowy figure.

I gotta catch some shut eye. Goodnight everypony.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.