Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 3,041 to 3,060 of 14,348

ToastyYogurt

Aqueous wrote:

Who is Henry? And how dare you use the Wuhu Glitch! Sorry AlbertoC but I leave once the glitch starts and Henry seems determined to win with it!

[youtube:LijTNluceSA]

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

EvilRegal

@the_shpydar
I think for both of us, it's a matter of knowing every inch of the courses, when to use power ups, shortcuts, etc. Or, you could be right, hee hee. I know I felt like I must've been going in slow motion, because no matter how well I drove, or how far ahead of somepony else I may get, they'd catch up with me, leaving me in the dust. I don't know if it's better parts they've unlocked, or I just suck, LOL.

I feel like an old fogie sometimes. Seems like it was only yesterday when I got Super Mario Kart for Christmas of '92 when I was 15. Now, here it is 20 years later and Mario Kart 7 just came out? I guess things like that are exactly what old fogies say, huh? LOL

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Aqueous

Destroyer64 wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

Who is Henry? And how dare you use the Wuhu Glitch! Sorry AlbertoC but I leave once the glitch starts and Henry seems determined to win with it!

[youtube:LijTNluceSA]

Fluttershy stole the words from my mouth, at least the nicer ones. He did it twice, I've only lost three times there to an honest racer and every time a glitch user or two had already "won"

@Dark_TeeJay exactly.... wait no never!

@FluttershyGuy - Grab the coins, they equal quick speed boosts and they max your top speed higher, trust me, it's helped me catch up

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

I'm not very good at MK7 either. I'm still trying some different techniques and even just experimenting with kart/tire combos (Which you might have noticed if you were racing with me, lol). I should probably play online more to help me sharpen up my skills against human beings. And ponies.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

EvilRegal

@Aqueous
So, each added coin does increase your top speed beyond the brief speed boost from grabbing it? I thought that was the case, but I never notice much increase. I wish they had a speedometer, to show your current speed. Another thing, beyond the speed boosts, drifting doesn't seem to help much in this game.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

TeeJay

Try to practice drifting too. I hardly ever just turn corners. That's a wasted oppurtunity for a boost of speed!

Edit: Drifting helps a ton! Especially the super drift. (orange sparks) as for coins, I can see the difference in speed between 0 and 10 coins as clear as day. I feel like I'm in slowmo when I have just a few coins.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Aqueous

@FluttershyGuy - They do give top speed ups. Also as Dark_TeeJay says, drifting helps, but I'm picky myself, some turns I see it as a disadvantage so use your discretion. Now a neat trick is this, if you push forwards on the circle pad as and while entering water, you get a speed boost and go farther faster. Shhhh!

Also pie!
[youtube:oKH03aVqoi8&feature=related]

KaiserGX

Spike I've been looking all over for you! I was shopping around Canterlot and I said, I should get something for everyone! I said oh but what to get what to get. I got Rainbow Dash this styling rouge jacket, though not something I would care to wear. Fluttershy a little blanket with a little bunny design on it. It is luxuriously soft and made from 100% vicuña! I could just lay on it all day! I got Twilight a book, I am not really sure what it's about... but I think Twilight will get a real hoof out of it. Applejack some very du jour leather boots. PInkie Pie an assorted basket of exquisite baked goodies and for you Spikey... hands Spike the special violate and emerald wrapped box I kinda... you shouldn't... I mean... not that... well... I think you should open this at home... If you don't mind... (I just don't want you to read the note out loud)

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

TeeJay

Gee...th-thanks, Rarity!

Blushes

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

TeeJay

Rushes home to open Rarity's gift in privacy

@Aqueous Whoa, even I didn't know about the water hint! I just tried it out and I have a question about that. Does it only help when you're not touching the ground? It seems pushing up will tilt you downwards not unlike flying but...I don't see that helping when you're driving flat on the bottom.

Edited on by TeeJay

AlbertoC

@Tare: I will do it under an hour, sure. Don't count the, like, 5 hours i spent repeating something i had just done because of it being too "shaky" or too thin...

@Aqueous: Yeah. In fact i was playing with some people (without any kind of life, someone pass them some ponies) with VR ranging from 15,000 to 35,000. I was the only one who was under 10,000. Even if i got 8th i only lost one point, and i won a lot of VR in that room. That's why i didn't join immediately. But i got really sick of, literally, playing Maka Wuhu five times in a row, then something diferent, and then more stupid ultra shortcut madness. I mean, why does people (insert a lot of BLEEPS here) on Maka Wuhu? It's like they have to reach Nirvana, playing 298,378,374,384,727,836,298,372,183,826,382,729,392,283,676 cubed times there before they die or something? Do they get bored? That stops being a game and becomes a chore. It stops being fun to be deadly boring.

Someone called Zonbie, when i was playing with Nintendo fan 27, also did the dreaded shortcut. To vary a little.

Whew.

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Wildvine53

I'm bummed that I didn't get to race more of you guys, but I had a blast with @NintendoFan27 and @Destroyer64 (separately). I just learned that the lake in Maka Wuhu has a path to drive on, I can't believe I never noticed that before.
@AlbertoC That's an awesome drawing, you did an excellent job

Oh my gosh Rarity, why do you have a drawing from Shrek stuck to your hoof?

Edited on by Wildvine53

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Aqueous

But it's one I've been searching for! How did you ever find this? I've never been able to find this and I've looked everywhere. "A Pony's guide to Equstria." This is the oldest edition possible, not even the Princess has it and it details events before Nightmare Moon came about. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

@Dark_TeeJay - Only on enterance I got the hint from a spotpass on the mario kart 7 trailer that they gave out from the creator, it's so helpful on water courses, I bet it helps you ponies know how I got such big boosts when I entered the water but I find if the water isn't deep it has a smaller effect.

@Wildvine53 - I was hoping you'd show up, oh well I'll get you another time

@AlbertoC - It drives me crazy, they can't beat me so they resort to it but it's extremely sad when they can win without it!
Untitled

Edited on by Aqueous

TeeJay

@AlbertoC I've often wondered that too. Anyone in their right mind would get bored doing the same crap on the same course over and over and over. I just don't understand it.

Wildvine53

@Aqueous I was bummed we couldn't race, I need to even up our record. it 3-23, seriously you're great at Mario Kart

Well that's a mighty old book you've got there, mind if I sneak a peek?

Edited on by Wildvine53

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

ToastyYogurt

Thank you Rarity! They look delicious!

KaiserGX wrote:

Wha...what? Something is stuck on my hoof... checks WHO DREW THIS?!
Untitled

Um....

Also, good racing everypony!

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.

KaiserGX

Shrek?! No! The beautiful pony in the middle is obviously me! But... that... Dragon... kinda... looks like... Spike? I want to know who drew this.. and I want to know NOW! stomp
Oh and Twilight... I knew that book was... um... that! I am glad you liked it.
Untitled

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

MasterGraveheart

@Wildvine: Dude, I learned about the Maka Wuhu lake path today too!

@ Everypony: In preparation for the new episode tomorrow... Pinkie Pie wishes you all a good night!

Untitled

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.