Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 14,348

ToastyYogurt

NintendoFan_27 wrote:

Destroyer64 wrote:

Alright, I added the brony MK7 community. When's the next official meetup?

I think I'll leave that up to @Aqueous. Or maybe you could schedule the next meetup.

Hmm, I'm bad at planning.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Aqueous

Do you really want me to work on it NintendoFan_27 I can but I would have to go by what's best for everypony, I'll likely miss out but that's fine with me, unless everypony is good with evening racing?

@MasterGraveheart well that proves it my code goes invisible shortly after I post it, 2793-0600-1156 (scary, I did not need to check

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Aqueous

Half way done SquiggleTail

Aqueous

Pretty much, I gave thought to our European Bronies, I don't think we are in Australia, I already worked out everypony's time zone, as I've been working on that for the past couple of weeks, to figure out when to guess posts and now I'm just trying to put in sometimes that seem reasonable, I've had some practice at this kind of thing, last minute planning and time management aren't two hard for me

Syrup

@Aqueous Alright then, although, I post sporadically, usually in the afternoon, sometimes in the middle of the night or in the morning, since I'm in school during the day. In case you're wondering my timezone, it's Mountain Time.

Edited on by Syrup

Aqueous

@SquiggleTail - I use to assume Pacific based on when you posted, until you mentioned you have Mountain Time. I'm assuming I'm alone in Atlantic Time, which will make this much easier, as I'll be the only one up late from this. Also some of your posts made me think you had to be PST, I mean 2, 3 in the morning here!? That would have put you at 10-11pm I guessed, and sometimes earlier, well now I know it's actually 11-12pm, my goodness, I'm guessing you get to sleep in

Edited on by Aqueous

Aqueous

@NintendoFan_27 - I'll do it, but you should thank my teacher for getting me to this point.
Quotes him with wrong words but right meaning or at least what came out of it, "Your the chess club captain". I had the power for two years, Planning chess tournaments sucks, they never quite worked out perfectly.

Well let's see what we got, albc5023 and Twilight_Crow (assuming they are playing) are at GMT +6 I'm at GMT +4 (Altantic), everypony else ranges from GMT + 5 to GMT + 8 (Pacific) if my estimates are correct, unless somepony is not in North America and is in Hawaii or Alaska time because those are GMT +9 and GMT + 10 , or farther out. I know Jarvan says he can't play and that leaves CorporalPeagasus Who is at GMT - 1 (Holland is 5 hours ahead of me), if he's in I would miss out while at my meet or we would have ridicules hours I don't think anypony wants. So since I don't know about CorporalPegasus I'll keep those times to myself for now as it get's messy.

Now I'm going to assume we are all across North America, unless somepony later tells me other wise, which I'll then alter things quickly, to fit everypony. I'm guessing everypony eats about 5:30pm give or take 30 minutes. So I would assume this may do well and I'm going to put these in post GMT and the time zones so everypony can get there times in. Starting with Pacific your time should be about 6:30pm PST (GMT +8), next comes mountain central, an hour ahead so that would put you guys at 7:30pm MST (GMT + 7). Then it's Central Standard time, which puts you guys in at 8:30pm (GMT + 6), next that gives us Eastern Standard Time, any here would be at 9:30pm CST (GMT + 5). Which I think leaves me, I'll be up at 10:30pm AST (GMT + 4) on the Atlantic Standard Time. Now this likely isn't quite prefect, as I know that time zones aren't set up quite this nicely and there are likely some of us that aren't quite at the time I mention and would be off by mere minutes in alot of cases, if so my bad and we'll learn for next time. Also if everypony is able we can easily begin sooner, by any number of minutes, just say because I really would rather not effect those on PST by causing them to miss a meal, which is why I put this down. Also if we don't count me in I can quickly rewrite the timing so that it's in the afternoon for example or if we for some reason want to be early raisers that too. Check this though and make sure it works, I can only work on estimates at the moment because I'm not sure quite how the minutes between each time zone works.

This is just something I learned from my streetpass group community, if we wait for another racer too long the racers waiting will just start and the other racer(s) will have to wait till it's over to join in and this can be a problem because it could end up splitting us into two groups and unless there is more then 8 playing I don't think we want that. Also try to get the best connection possible other wise races get glitchy and we could all end up back in the lobby. The only other thing I can think of is that people that don't have the code can jump in off your friend's list, beware of that, we could be joined by non ponies at any moment. Aside from that I think we'll be fine, if you end up waiting because the time zones aren't that prefect ( I doubt they are) just wait for a little while and you'll get joined by the other bronies shortly, which reminds me, everypony should send a message before starting because even if everypony is in, if they are unable to send a message, they may not be fully in the group and starting the race will knock them back out for a round, this normally only happens when somepony tries to join a group that just finished.

Oh and for the sake of argument, let's try and avoid Maka Wuhu so nopony is temped and if we do wind up there, no glitch, let's see how really has the most skill.

Rocossa

Let me just say you can count me in that Mario Kart community once my wireless is fixed.

Rocossa

Aqueous

Bimmy_and_Jimmy wrote:

Let me just say you can count me in that Mario Kart community once my wireless is fixed.

Awesome, I just checked, New Zealand right? GMT + 12 right? Alright say when it is fixed and I'll do the work to get you in next time, and everypony else, this will be an interesting challenge

Aqueous

@Shadow100 - I would but I got an early morning, so I should not even be up right now, and thank you. I worked it our in a round 10 minutes but I could have easily over looked something

Aqueous

Spoiler! I should have known, the moment it looked unfamiliar.....
Anyway Good night Everypony!

ToastyYogurt

I know this is a little late, but I agree that Fluttershy needs some moar love this season. Fluttershy is my seccond favorite, and it looks like everypony but Fluttershy has (or is going to have) and episode this season. Hopefully we see her again at some point....

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

ToastyYogurt

Aqueous wrote:

@NintendoFan_27 - I'll do it, but you should thank my teacher for getting me to this point.
Quotes him with wrong words but right meaning or at least what came out of it, "Your the chess club captain". I had the power for two years, Planning chess tournaments sucks, they never quite worked out perfectly.

Well let's see what we got, albc5023 and Twilight_Crow (assuming they are playing) are at GMT +6 I'm at GMT +4 (Altantic), everypony else ranges from GMT + 5 to GMT + 8 (Pacific) if my estimates are correct, unless somepony is not in North America and is in Hawaii or Alaska time because those are GMT +9 and GMT + 10 , or farther out. I know Jarvan says he can't play and that leaves CorporalPeagasus Who is at GMT - 1 (Holland is 5 hours ahead of me), if he's in I would miss out while at my meet or we would have ridicules hours I don't think anypony wants. So since I don't know about CorporalPegasus I'll keep those times to myself for now as it get's messy.

Now I'm going to assume we are all across North America, unless somepony later tells me other wise, which I'll then alter things quickly, to fit everypony. I'm guessing everypony eats about 5:30pm give or take 30 minutes. So I would assume this may do well and I'm going to put these in post GMT and the time zones so everypony can get there times in. Starting with Pacific your time should be about 6:30pm PST (GMT +8), next comes mountain central, an hour ahead so that would put you guys at 7:30pm MST (GMT + 7). Then it's Central Standard time, which puts you guys in at 8:30pm (GMT + 6), next that gives us Eastern Standard Time, any here would be at 9:30pm CST (GMT + 5). Which I think leaves me, I'll be up at 10:30pm AST (GMT + 4) on the Atlantic Standard Time. Now this likely isn't quite prefect, as I know that time zones aren't set up quite this nicely and there are likely some of us that aren't quite at the time I mention and would be off by mere minutes in alot of cases, if so my bad and we'll learn for next time. Also if everypony is able we can easily begin sooner, by any number of minutes, just say because I really would rather not effect those on PST by causing them to miss a meal, which is why I put this down. Also if we don't count me in I can quickly rewrite the timing so that it's in the afternoon for example or if we for some reason want to be early raisers that too. Check this though and make sure it works, I can only work on estimates at the moment because I'm not sure quite how the minutes between each time zone works.

This is just something I learned from my streetpass group community, if we wait for another racer too long the racers waiting will just start and the other racer(s) will have to wait till it's over to join in and this can be a problem because it could end up splitting us into two groups and unless there is more then 8 playing I don't think we want that. Also try to get the best connection possible other wise races get glitchy and we could all end up back in the lobby. The only other thing I can think of is that people that don't have the code can jump in off your friend's list, beware of that, we could be joined by non ponies at any moment. Aside from that I think we'll be fine, if you end up waiting because the time zones aren't that prefect ( I doubt they are) just wait for a little while and you'll get joined by the other bronies shortly, which reminds me, everypony should send a message before starting because even if everypony is in, if they are unable to send a message, they may not be fully in the group and starting the race will knock them back out for a round, this normally only happens when somepony tries to join a group that just finished.

Oh and for the sake of argument, let's try and avoid Maka Wuhu so nopony is temped and if we do wind up there, no glitch, let's see how really has the most skill.

Man, planning looks like so much work....
So, would this be daily, or weekends only?
By the way, awesome job with the planning.

I'm pretty okay.

Syrup

I wonder what made Applejack so mad, that she ran away?
Anyway today was Equestria Daily's one year anniversary! And by today, I mean January 18th, since it's still the 18 here.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.