Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 14,348

Aqueous

@Retro_on_theGo - Ok, these are my top, I think what episode would be best for you be best for you, likely depends on what who you like out of the mane six poines, my list for example is void of Rainbow Dash, I just can't relate to her, so think about that when you make your choice. Quite honestly though, it does pick up and really starts up after 3 depending on your favourite ponies, 3 is important however as it influences two future episodes, any way here are mine,
Season 1 Episode 8: Look Before You Sleep, cast of Twilight Sparkle, Rarity and Applejack having a sleepover, the jokes in this are funny and it's quickly becoming my favourite.
Season 1 Episode 15: Feeling Pinkie Keen, cast of Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie and Spike, mainly, though Applejack and Fluttershy are also here, it's just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie but it's what they add to her in this one and Twilight's reaction that make it worth it, plus it's got some more classic cartoon moments
Season 1 Episode 17: Stare Master, Fluttershy, AppleBloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo (Those three got introduced in episode 12, you may need to see it first), this was my favourite but I think it's been replaced by episode 8 now, Fluttershy trying to babysit them is a laugh, also this was the episode that I saw any part of and likely one of the reasons I came back later to watch the first one and from there join the herd
Season 1 Episode 19: A Dog and Pony Show, Rarity mainly though the other's show up, this is likely Rarity at her best till the 2nd season and one of the times her character truly got me laughing, also it stands as my sister's favourite episode, though she hasn't seen them all
Season 1 Episode 24: Owl's Well That Ends Well, This one mostly focuses on Spike, but Twilight and her new pet have a good amount of presence, it's a gem if only for Spike's behaviour over his miss understanding
Season 1 Episode 26: The Best Night Ever, Okay, so two episodes kind of lean to this one, one of them being the 3rd but the character's are a real treat, as this is "the best night ever", though the rest of the episodes likely make this one much more worth while
Season 2 Episodes 1+2: The Return of Harmony (both parts), It's the season two intro but I love it for the jokes, I know you want one and this likely won't help because it's two and nopony else seems to have as much fun with this one but since it's mostly all of our favourites now, I'm going to put it here
Season 2 Episode 5: Sisterhooves Social, It's likely you need to get to know Rarity and Sweetie Belle more before watching this but despite that, the two of them playing off each other makes for a treat.
Season 2 Episode 9: Sweet and Elite, Rarity again, its got one of the more enjoyable songs and watching Rarity be her self under pressure is worth it
Every number will take you to the correct episode, I hope I helped you find one you liked, as the whole thing is good, just too bad the start isn't the best for showing what to expect and thank you for waiting.

@MasterGraveheart - I might watch that, I don't have the Hub to view it on at any rate.

@albc5023 - Nice, I had that comic some time ago from deviantart but I think I just might have removed it. Nice piece on your own part. I'm still putting the con in writing, they are speaking low compared to the crowd alot.
One must refresh this forum every two minutes to keep up, or have their email message them and keep it open because this forum seems to grow rapidly every few days. I'll join you for a race on a week end or friday night because I do need to sleep.

@Nintendofan_27 - I'll join, here are two from SquiggleTail, a while ago,
63-1403-1442-2377 (There is a little life in this one)
64-0336-6768-1642 (I never have seen it in use)

@FluttershyGuy - I did that back closer to christmas, not much was added that time thankfully.

@SquiggleTail, wow, nice collection, The main six look nice, though the sparkly ones not so much. Also nice shirts.

@CorporalPeagsus - It's good, don't worry.

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Aqueous

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Wow. O.o Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'll start with that apple bottoms episode then skip to episode 7 if I don't like it. You guys sure do want me to like the ponies. lol

Of course we do Retro, they are quite funny and we love it when people are willing to give the show a chance. Hope one of them works for you, as it is worth it. Your welcome and once again thank you for waiting, I had an early start and long day and could not leave my suggestions till now. Good Luck.

Edited on by Aqueous

Aqueous

@Tare - Nice piece but I don't play

Syrup

EPISODE UPDATES!

Season 2, Episode 17:"Hearts and Hooves Day"
Air Date: February 11th, 2012
Synopsis: The Cutie Mark Crusaders make Miss Cheerilee and Big Macintosh fall in love

Woah...

Aqueous

Oh, no all the fanction that will spawn , well there goes the Fluttershy and Big Macintosh fan fiction

Jfilesguy

Gulp, hello, I've been looking at this topic for a wile now, and I think I may want to become a brony.

But first, I must ask some some questions...
First of all, what is the easiest way to watch for free if all you have with you is a Laptop and a 3DS connected to Netflix, I know there's Youtube but just seeing if there's any other options
Second, is it hard to not get obsessed with the show, I have a history with obsessions (Ex: The Simpsons, Homestar Runner, Nintendo) and kinda want it to be a secret to everybody.

Bronys, if you can answer these questions, I may join you guys.

Video Games and I are gettin' old (And we still haven't walked in the glow Of each others majestic presence!)

What is the J files you may ask? Why only the biggest fad of 2023! :D

Aqueous

@Jfilesguy - As far as I know, you have treehouse tv, The Hub, i-tunes and youtube for watching the show, I use youtube myself, as I don't have the other options and I have the same choices as you for getting online.

Now your second question is the hard one, the show is supreme in humour and characters are beyond anything else I've seen because they have their talents and faults, which make them so good. It's easy enough to hide it, just watch it when your home alone and whatever else it brings you to pony related. So odds are if yo like it, you'll more likely then not get obsessed but that might just be me, finding a good cartoon after soo long has me hooked. As long as you don't go out and buy things from the show you should be fine and kept hidden, no matter how much you get into it.

Most of us here are huge fans, we watch the next one the day it comes out and we go on about fan fiction, toys, meme's, pretty much anything that goes with the show but we can all go about our normal lives and no one knows any better. Other people really don't know till you tell them from what I hear and my own experience. We more then welcome you if you are interested and decide to join us. The only thing is the first 2 episodes are good but the show keeps getting better as it goes on, we actually just went through and gave up our favourites if your curious about some of the better ones. Don't be nervous we don't bite but you'll have to watch out for parasprites(trolls), I hope you have fun watching and that I helped. -Aqueous

Edit: I'm off to get a bucket just incase you do join us, trust me, it's a wise precaution

Edited on by Aqueous

Tare

Youtube is your best bet seeing as Netflix doesn't carry the show.
Want it to be a secret? Just don't tell anyone.

As for obsession, hard to say. I'd say your obsession would be greatly decreased if you don't write or draw. I for one enjoy doing the occasional pony pic.
Also, don't set your expectations to high, people do this too often. Secondly, it'll take a while, but you'll get over the whole "It's called My Little Pony" thing. Once your over those bumps the show is 20% more enjoyable.

Dah-nabbit, ninja'd
2nd Edit: You'd be better off with an umbrella, speaking of...

Edited on by Tare

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

Jfilesguy

@Aqueous Thanks, i'll probably use Youtube then

But as for the "1st and 2nd ones are good but they get beter", how big is the quality difference, and will it effect my opinion of the show, thanks.

@Tare ok, i'll try to set my expectations lower, as for the "It's called My Little Pony" thing I already got over that, thanks to you too!

Edited on by Jfilesguy

Video Games and I are gettin' old (And we still haven't walked in the glow Of each others majestic presence!)

Tare

The first two, aren't really that funny. I'd argue they're not as interesting either. Though they do a swell job introducing the characters and their respective personalities.

The first season was made without any expectation of the...resulting viewing audience. However the second season is much more aimed at the bronies, as well as being ehhh...I'll use marketable, enough to girls.
In short; the episode get better and better as the seasons go on.

Jfilesguy

So should I start with the 1st ep or another one?

Tare

I'd say it doesn't really matter. Those episodes don't reflect on how good the rest of the series is/get's

Aqueous

@Jfilesguy - Tare is right it's more a character intro but being for little girls the end of the first part shocked me. The difference is gradual and it only becomes more obvious the more you watch however the first two do have some good jokes in them. I'd say watch the first two, say what character you liked most and I'll send you to one of their better episodes, though eventually you should see them all.

Get your umbrella ready like Tare said, I got the bucket but put on rubber boots, you'll more likely then not need them.

@Tare you've been Dash'd, it's 20% cooler. I've never been thought of as a ninja before, however, I've been a Nopony (nobody) alot, I hope Sora or Riku don't find me.

@Retro_on_theGo - How goes your second chance to the show?

Jfilesguy

Ok now i think i'm ready!

To make it easier on me, i'll pretend that i'm just seeing it for giggles and not to try to be a brony, and if I like it then yay for me, if not i'll just have the taste of rainbows in my mouth for a bit before taking a jug of shows i know i like to get the tast out...

Wish me luck...
gulp...

Edited on by Jfilesguy

Jfilesguy

I'm doing it...

Aqueous

@Jfileshuy - Don't worry as long as the eyes don't bug you (there is a toy that has freaky large eyes) you'll be fine. I decided to watch my first one for a course assignment, best idea ever, it brought me here after all. Good Luck though and remember it should be at least 3 but it took me 5 to catch on to it being epic.

@Retro_on_theGo - Hope 4 shows you better then 3, four was much better for me but you might need to jump to Dragonshy, it takes time to get over the younger target the show was more aimed for at the start but once you do, it's beyond everything else

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.