Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 14,348

Xkhaoz

SquiggleTail wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

SquiggleTail wrote:

I am so ecstatic! Blind Bags have finally made it to the United States! They're only 2 dollars!!! AT WAL-MART!!!!

For those of you who don't know what Blind Bags are, they are basically the pony equivalent of Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokemon Cards. They were only available in Europe for the longest time, but now you can buy them in the US! WOOOOOO!!!

So, yeah, I'm totally going to expand my pony collection tomorrow...

Codes for all of the Ameri-bronies (you use the numbers located in the bottom corner of a pack to identify the pony that you want):
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qRxmlDk3yOc/TcnJNy-0ZOI/AAAAAAAAEV0...

I just came to post this, but I had no idea that they can be identified. I'm definitely heading to Wal-mart Tomorrow!

Actually, they're currently only available in Wal-Mart's across Texas.

I've never been this happy for living in Texas.

Untitled

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Wildvine53

SquiggleTail wrote:

Wildvine53 wrote:

SquiggleTail wrote:

I am so ecstatic! Blind Bags have finally made it to the United States! They're only 2 dollars!!! AT WAL-MART!!!!

For those of you who don't know what Blind Bags are, they are basically the pony equivalent of Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokemon Cards. They were only available in Europe for the longest time, but now you can buy them in the US! WOOOOOO!!!

So, yeah, I'm totally going to expand my pony collection tomorrow...

Codes for all of the Ameri-bronies (you use the numbers located in the bottom corner of a pack to identify the pony that you want):
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qRxmlDk3yOc/TcnJNy-0ZOI/AAAAAAAAEV0...

I just came to post this, but I had no idea that they can be identified. I'm definitely heading to Wal-mart Tomorrow!

Actually, they're currently only available in Wal-Mart's across Texas.

I've never been this happy for living in Texas.

Untitled

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Wildvine53

SquiggleTail wrote:

Untitled

Don't worry. It will reach the rest of the U.S....

IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS!

Well when I come home with a bag full of blind bags I'll laugh and go," HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, SquiggleTail was wrong!"
If not, I'll just cry until I can find some. Okay not really, but that's what I'll feel like doing.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Syrup

Well I'll be back tomorrow and report if my local Wal-Mart has any. I nearly traded my McD's Pinkie Pie for some Blind Bags (2) that were going to cost me at least 20 bucks to import, so I'm pretty happy that this happened.

MasterGraveheart

I'll check mine in Michigan on Friday regardless if there is success in other areas.

Or... maybe its time to come forth to my ex-girlfriend about my being a brony and ask her to seek a few out for me. ^^;

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

Hmm, these blind bag toys actually look like the best pony toys I've seen so far, although Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy look kinda off and Applejack still needs her hat and there's an utter lack of Derpy (seems kinda weird when you think about the fact that she's the most popular background pony....), but the rest of the Mane 6 look great. And at $2, these are a nice buy. I'll probably end up getting some as gifts to some fellow bronies I know. (I'd probably get some for myself eventually but people would probably be pretty skeptical of a man who owns several toy ponies. )

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Twilight_Crow

I want those Blind Bags!!! But I bet they'll never get here

@MasterGraveheart Exactly what I thought when I saw that awesome wallpaper. If it gets you Ponies, you shoud totally tell your ex.

@Aqueous I'm really thankfull for all your help, can't believe you are putting so much time and effort, you are best prereader ever. Me and my editor are just humans (... though she may digress), and we make mistakes and miss errors, so having another pair of eyes checking the stuff is great. Glad you enjoy it, I'll let you know when it's ready for you to read it thoroughly then .

Symbolism? I rarely (like almost never since I'm bad at it ) use that, so I bet it is nothIng like AP english. I'm glad to know that can go through someone's mind when reading that though. It does have a meaning storywise, but for now I just wanted to put a ¨???" in peoples heads.

The internet it's full of strange words to use, I google for synonims all the time, so no need to bother you with those. Thank you none the less.

I noticed your rephrasing is well thought, it has prove to be very useful, even if I end up not using it on the text. It helped me notice what kind of idea or image I'm giving to the reader, and a couple of times led me to add information, or raphrase something before that particular part. I assure you I would never sacrifice my writing style, if I feel something you suggest it's better but doesn't fit, I don't just change it, I adapt it, so don't worry, just send your thoughts the way you feel them. Also, if you don't get what is happening right, is my mistake or my intention.

Thanks again for all the praise, glad you loved the fight. My editor desserves praise too. You have talked to her, she's always around the site. She is the awesome PhoenixCake, queen of random (and darkness for that matter), so you can praise her here too, she'll see it.

@Destroyer64 NP, thanks for reading. And yeah old spell 25 solves all the problems.

And now fic of the week:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1438/The-LUNA-Project
Awesome origin of Equestria story, staring: Wooooooooona.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Tare

I just put Woody's hat on AppleJack seeing as they haven't released a, hatted one yet.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

Noire

PhoenixCake is an urban legend, like Bigfoot or the Empire State Building. Don't let your judgment be clouded!

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

CorporalPegasus

@phoenixcake wut?
Some dutch stores have a few "G4 Ponies" in stock now but meh, a pink Celestia and a odd dressed pinkie pie you need to feed...
And these things cost €50,-! The price of a new Wii game! Hopefully suprise bags hit here in a few months.

IGOR!

Sylverstone

Aqueous wrote:

@Sylverstone, that's why your name sounded familiar. it would have been interesting but far out of my way, besides this is something I've mostly kept to myself, so even if I could have I likely would have not went regardless. Is there still clips up of it?

Well, they're littered all over YouTube (some bits and pieces) but according to the YouTuber where I rewatched the panel from, they plan to synch up Everfree Media's HQ recording of it to the video. I think Bronyville has an HQ audio recording somewhere (maybe Equestria Daily, I guess.)

This is where I rewatched the panel: [youtube:eqhfueL_9U4&feature=related]

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

AlbertoC

Yep, Lauren Faust will be attending the next BroNYCon! I really hope the guys who will also attend her Q&A session will be polite enough to not be screaming over everything she does... I mean, i felt really bad at the voice actresses who were at the last one, they even needed to raise their voice to be heard... Not to mention the fact that i couldn't watch the video without leaving my ears buzzing, and it's even harder to understand spoken english when i can't put my headphones on because of the audio surging to obnoxiously loud levels. I'll love to have a transcription.

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

EvilRegal

I have to take a break from lurking to post these for the Skyward Sword/Groose fans out there! Friggin hilarious! Minor spoilers in first video though! My Little Pony: Groose is Magic!
[youtube:3xnGumoMzw0]
[youtube:wUucLO6DwHA]

I'm still around, but, as I mentioned, lurking. I just don't have the time to be an active member and have any impact here (as if I made any before LOL). But I still pop in to read stuff, and will add stuff occasionally.

Oh yeah... Creator of MLP: FiM and GORGEOUS... Lauren Faust is a GODDESS!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

ToastyYogurt

Lauren Faust at BroNYCon? I must find a way to get to New York. Fast.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Syrup

Welp...

I just came back from Wal-Mart.

Sadly, they didn't have any blind bags (or Surprise Bags, since that's their official name.). But, they are restocking everything in the store, and a worker there told me that they get brand new stock everyday, so maybe sometime I'll have me some BB Ponies.

Also, OH MY CELESTIA! @FlutterShyGuy! I thought you were dead!!!

Aqueous

@CorporalPegasus formally known as Private_Pegasus nope never seen it before, nor have I played any Phoenix Wright games, still I enjoyed it if only for Phoenix and I ound the second part, I don't think FluttershyGuy will like the plot development in it. Still I think Phoenix and the judge character made it worth it, even though the other voices got to me, though now I need to add it to the large pile of Fan-Fiction that I'm trying to get through that everypony keeps posting, keep it up everypony.
Here's part 2 :
[youtube:s07W4-A7HQw&feature=related]

@Sylverstone - thank you and it's worse then watching an LK panel, at least I'll see those later without the screaming fans. Oh well, still enjoyed it, have fun at the next one.

@albc5023 - I'll start writing down what was said for you, but it might take sometime, I got several things left to do both tonight and tomorrow, but it shall be done, eventually

@FlutteryshyGuy - The Legend of Groose?! BEST GAME EVER! It's too bad you can't be here much, I read everything I missed before originally posting and have gone back through a couple times to find things and you have given something here I think and I hope you keep posting. I must swapnote you soon.

@PhoenixCake - I take it your not bothered by me looking through then? Also where are you in Canada, if your close I might just find you. That least that would make 3 bronies I've met in person, though they are girls.... do other males watch this, I've only ever seen them online. I like what you and Twilight_Crow have been working on, in the future I'll address both of you when I mention anything now that I know you are the other pony behind Twilight_Crow's work, great job. Later though I'll have to try my dark powers against your own.

@Destroyer64 - You have half a year, don't panic yet

@SquiggleTail I think you'll like this more then any other brony, go to google, click images, then type in one of the following two things either MLP SquigglTail or MLP nintedolife, I think you'll like what you come a cross.

@Twilight_Crow - Your welcome, I've got a few hours everyday, that I keep for myself, I've been giving those up and enjoying it as it gives me the ability to help a great story teller (as you don't seem to like being called a writer (yet)), I make lots of mistakes myself and that's likely why I can find them. If you ever want the English word list just say, they are mostly words that aren't even heard of any more or maybe I'll just slip a few in every now and then.

The rephrasing (good term for it), takes alot of time for me, as I'm trying to make sure I do have it in the right context for the story, make sure it's likely what's happening, consider anything I might have missed around that point to make it unneeded and then of course think what is likely to work for you and try not to draw on my own style, when typing it. Glad you'll never give up your own or let mine twist it. I'm always sure I think I know what's going on but if I misread it or if the wording does not show off what you want and I'm mistaking what is meant, when I attempt it. I'll keep it up since you like it but I've been torn every time and have thought deeply before mentioning each one and send a long time afterwards till you respond stuck on them. If you want I can describe what any part suggests that your not sure on, as the whole thing is skilled and well put together enough for me to see the whole thing as I read, I have to focus to see words and not get caught back up in the writing and just go with it and miss everything again as I enjoy myself reading.

Now for symbolism, I use to not see it but the two courses of AP English I took have made me find it and think so deeply about it, I can't get away without seeing it if any possible symbolism gets into any writing work. Sometimes it made sense, like candles throughout a book meaning hope when lit and having them in some situations where the character or characters were hopeful and even dramatically towards the end have him extinguish "hope" by putting out a candle after it got lit after a mine (might have been a bomb but I don't care, I'm on a rant) blew up near by and and other symbolism came up in the same book (It's called "The Wars", if your curious, it's not bad but the symbolism is bothering me right now), the other was horses being freedom (Horses, fitting for a form on ponies) and throughout the whole book of freedom was lost or if freedom had died guess what a horse died, and horses were everywhere throughout that book because they related to his freedom. It was so over used I hated horses and wanted them all to die by the end and it was so satisfying in a sick way when towards the end of the book, he was killing horses, I was actually happy to read deaths, of innocent lives, so sickly satisfying, as it goes against who I am, but watching the character snap was enjoyable in a sick way after all he put up with. Though more often then not symbolism is (add foul word that does not exist in Equstria here) because it DOES NOT EXIST, the number of time symbolism was were I never saw any was frustrating writing about something that does not have meaning as if it did was not my favourite task, particularly when most of the books were just readable at best. I despised it more so when to complete work I had to contrive symbolism out of nothing, Needless to say I find it crop up all over the place now and it's normally it's at least believable, but it makes me think of every possibility, not much of a choice either and it's annoying when there is none and likely was never intended in the first place. You however made a really good piece of one as it makes a great reference not to a concept that is overly used to where you want something to die or so rarely used that you wonder was it even worth mentioning as we next to never see it and it rarely means anything anyways. Yours references part of the writing and though I don't know which part it fits, I don't think anyone is scratching their head as much as me just because I've been trained to find it, discuss it and then use it in a thesis paper on the given novel (alot). Intentional or not, you made a good piece of symbolism, just be careful with it, I've seen as pointed above, so many over used and killed, don't fear using it to little, having it torment the princess a bit or explaining it later would likely be fine and would likely help ponies understand what Nightmare Moon meant. I likely over analysed it and might still be doing so if I did not feel tried after checking through and knowing I had an early morning ahead.

Your the second writer I've been able to discuss their work with at great length and enjoy that. The other is my closest friend, they are not brony (I might see about that), nor are they here on nintedolife. I'll send you a note on deviantart to them if your curious, their writing is mostly sick and twisted though, were as the poems are light hearted or humorous. You might like them if you like Edgar Allan Poe, I hope you know French though, they are a master of the word in English and have started to practice their French in writing form for a few pieces, sadly you may never get the full effect of his work, when he reads them, there is a whole new life to them that makes them better, one you could never find by reading as he stresses and pauses as one could not read and I have tried. I need to check his gallery though as there is much a missed.

I still await for when you and Phoenixcake say it's time and after I've went through everything and given you sometime I think I'll go again, to see if I missed anything and if anything new popped up. Hope to race you again soon, writing master, Twilight_Crow.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Tare

If you'd like, I could try and give you guys some help with regards to symbolism. English is the only "art" I'm comfortable with.

Also I found this NES style MLP game on Newgrounds, it's pretty neat.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/573755

Edited on by Tare

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.