Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 14,981 to 15,000 of 15,040

MsJubilee

@ToastyYogurt Ha well i guess see you then friendo.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Lunapplebloom

Salutations, Everypony!

Just wanted to let everypony know I'm not dead. Life has been stressful the past few months for me, so I've kinda disappeared into the background, kinda like all those background ponies. I've been here, but just in lurking mode. Glad activity is still prevalent here. Yet to see the premier though... I'll get on that soon.

@Twilight_Crow Thanks for all the art and story suggestions. Even though I've not said anything for a while, I've still been following. Glad you and @Aqueous have been conversing and doing some things. Hope all is well, and I'll avoid spoilers for now.

@Aqueous Love that lightsaber image. Discord did keep the best for himself. Hope to chat more at some point in the future.

@ToastyYogurt I guess you are right. I still have the grand scheme of making that RP into a mini story though. Hopefully, I'll gain time to actually make that a reality and not a dream.

@TeeJay sorry to hear that. Hope the hackers get what's coming to them.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Aqueous

New episode wasn't that bad, actually fairly enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

@Twilight_Crow - Sounds good, hope you guys can catch a break. The 19th might be the worst one for me but we shall see. Actually I did enjoy this one.

@ToastyYogurtTime - Okay, well hopefully someday we can have another fun one. This is your episode(s) that won't sit well and I hope they don't bring this back on you.
RP is dead then? Okay.

@Lunapplebloom - Good to hear from you again. Thanks and I think you, me, @ToastyYogurtTime and @Discostew have some hunting to do later, monster hunting.

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

@TwilightAngel
Untitled

@Lunapplebloom Good luck if you ever get to it. That would be a fun read.

@Aqueous Maybe, I'm not sure if I actually like Magic all that much. Oh well, I've only ever spent $5 on cards. Yeah, I hope they don't bring this back to me either. But with the way the episode ended I have a feeling they will. I hope we get to do some hunting soon.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

FX102A

Okay, enough peeking over the fence and wondering, I watch this show too.

Season 5 got off to an interesting start for me due to a highly "political" storyline (throughout the ep I was constantly seeing it as being critical of communism and to an extent "political correctness") and Starlight Glimmer was the first villain that didn't look blatantly evil yet didn't get all mushy and change her ways at the end.

FX102A

Aqueous

@ToastyYogurt - lol, good control on spending. Yes, some hunting would be nice. I wonder if @Lunapplebloom and @Discostew are game?

@FX102A - Welcome! Good note, maybe we get more non-villainous looking villains this season.

Neat piece:
Source: http://theamazingnoodle.deviantart.com/art/Twilight-was-not-a...
Untitled
Thomas was alone was a fun one I played this year, nice to have found a pony cross over.

RegalSin

You know what I dis-like about the girls-club? These "flamboyant questionable flowerly guys" ( you know what I mean ) put their hands on their bodies trying to fit in with them or get them to do thing. Then to make things worst the girls greet each other with bodies and open arms. But being an dude nope. Women are inappropriate to each other but when it is men...

Edited on by RegalSin

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

Lunapplebloom

@Aqueous @Toasty @Discostew I'd sure like to, but I'm probably not going to be able to for a bit. I've been meaning to tell you all this, but I keep forgetting. I'm going to be leaving to Australia for a month, and while I usually take my Wii U with me, I won't be able to for space situations. It's looking that way anyways, but I'll update if that changes and I can bring it. This weekend looks to maybe be my only time, but that's questionable as well. I'm really sorry though, and I hate that I'm probably holding you guys up.

On a good note though, finally saw the 2 part premier, and that has to be up there with Return of Harmony as one of my favorite premier episodes. Nothing earth shattering in the plot setup, but a good small plot with a foreshadowing of greater things to come. I'll go into more details later probably.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

TeeJay

We got our forums back with nothing at all lost. Guess I know nothing about websites...I thought it was gone for good.

Well I mean I DON'T know anything about websites, but it seemed pretty irrepairable. Anyway! It's back, thank goodness

TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

ToastyYogurt

@Aqueous Haha, yeah. I'm just glad I was able to get such a sizeable amount of cards for free. Nice pic, I played through Thomas Was Alone recently, interesting choices for who to make each character.

@Lunapplebloom I hope we can get the weekend in. Though we haven't heard anything from @Discostew

@Teejay Glad you got your website back. Sounds like somebody had the site backed up in case something like this happened. I hope you'll still keep in touch.

@FX102A Welcome to the club. The premier was interesting for having that political storyline, if they're going to go towards those kinda morals I hope they do so responsibly, the controversy that surrounds politics can easily sprout a moral that some people won't agree with.

So anyway I brought my laptop with me to bed so I could wake up and watch the new episode live in my bed with my Build-A-Bear Pinkie Pie. Then my coming here was delayed when the livestream I was watching played an episode of Samurai Jack. Anyway, here's my thoughts.

That was pretty good. It was kinda cliche and it could've turned sour but it was saved by Twilight's friends realizing what they were doing wrong before she got home. It's shown that my memory's been rusty though, when did the library blow up? I am kinda annoyed that Twilight gets treated like a princess and has to live in a huge castle alone. I'd be more okay with it if her friends moved in with her but that would take them out of their own comfort zones I'd think. Also, I'm always worried Pinkie's humor is waning but I really liked her jokes in this episode.

Also, now that I saw the whole "Discovery Family" rebranding of the Hub I'd like to comment on that. It's really stupid. I know the Hub was originally Discovery Kids but when it changed to the Hub it changed the kind of programming it aired as well. Discovery Kids aired educational cartoons that weren't very good (but then again I never watched a whole lot of Discovery Kids), the Hub airs cartoons in general, along with family-friendly movies and older shows. One of those sounds like it could be a Discovery-branded channel for kids, the other does not. Also, around the middle of 2014 I thought the Hub finally found a great channel style, one with flat colors and neat typography, after years of rapidly trying different ones that all had a generic "Hey kids! We're family friendly and tons of FUN!" vibe. Now they're back to a generic look.... sigh. I can tell someone on the board isn't happy with the channel's viewership numbers, but changing your appearance every 3 months isn't going to suddenly rake in views!

And now I think it's time for me to contribute some art to this thread.
Untitled
Celestia puts the toast in Toasty.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Discostew

Sorry, I've kinda stayed away from this thread and Skype because I hadn't seen the new premier, but I have now. It was pretty good. Not the best, and some may say it was really bad....
But I didn't listen!

Anyways, I couldn't hunt last night because I had to do a few things. I may be able to get on for some huntin' today, but I'd need a time.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Twilight_Crow

Happy week everypony!

Hadn't seen this place this alive in ages, good to see you all watching poneh! Keep those impressions on the new episodes coming!

My thoughts on Castle Sweet Castle:

I guess they really tried to balance the sad moments in this episode, with lot's of funny moments, because it was the funniest episode in a while for me. I just liked the full cast here, and I'm really happy the new writers got the mane 6 + Spike right. I was expecting a bit more feels, but they did get the point clear, that moving onto better things doesn't mean forgetting your roots... and that came out being too literal. Maybe in the future the magical tree and that chandelier will do something together mmm? That would be sweet.

@FX102A Welcome to the NL brony thread!

@Lunapplebloom Hey there! Good to see you posting, and good thing you were around, even if only lurking. It's great you liked the premiere that much. Yeah, Aqueous and I are trying to set up some Magic matches over Skype, you should show for a bit when we do that, we can just chat a little. My friend Daniel will be there, he's a very cool dude, just a little bit obsessed with Magic: The Gathering.

@Aqueous That crossover is just too cool. I hope you finally contacted Daniel, let me know if he writes you back. 19th sounds hard for all of us, best drop it, we'll try on 26th; hope we can actually play Friendship. Glad you did enjoy new pony.

@ToastyYogurt Hi there, glad to see you around and don´t worry, Magic will be there if you ever want to play. Also, we are having some troubles finding free time to set it up anyway. Keep enjoying Pony!

Good luck to you all with those hunting sessions!

FoTW

GrimWolf's short story recommendation is a go! Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
For want of a book by Hoopy McGee
[On fimfiction Adventure Complete Everyone]
Twilight Sparkle, personal student of Princess Celestia, is sent by her teacher to retrieve a very specific book from the Royal Library. The only problem is, she doesn't know what it's called or where to find it.
Fortunately for her, libraries are the most orderly, most mundane and certainly the safest of places one could possibly be. Or, so she thinks.
Twilight is about to find out how very strange the world of books can truly be.

The story starts very subtly, with a simple task for Twilight Sparkle from Princess Celestia. But soon things start to escalate and what it seems like a simple task becomes something mysterious. The story is an attempt for a crossover with Terry Pratcher's "Disc World", but even not knowing this novel, the story is quite enjoyable.

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr: GrimWolf's Den

And Twilight's new hairstyle...

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Aqueous

Found this week's episode a tad predictable, but it wasn't bad, not how I expected it to go.

@ToastyYogurt - You were lucky to get those cards, didn't get that lucky myself. I thought the character matches were pretty good. Applejack-Rarity is the only one I might have flipped.

@Twilight_Crow - Got it, I'll keep my ear out on the 26th then but yes much playing of friendship and many casts of cancel. Wasn't expecting it but so far this season is sitting good with me. I'll pass along the oldish message to Daniel today, he has said hello. Can't recall his user name here if there was one. Thank you for the luck. Oh and I got you on Pokemon Rumble.

Oh yes, random silly one from a while back,
Untitled
Source: http://cheezburger.com/8441232128

Electricmastro

Are the creators meaning to tell us that all of the adventures which took place in between "May the Best Pet Win!" (episode 33) and "Tanks for the Memories" (episode 96) happened in less than one year?

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Aqueous

So quiet right now especially seeing as a season is on. Have we really lost that many or don't have much to say right now?

@Electricmastro - Maybe and if so, we might have only just seen a year and a bit of pony time since this series began. As Winter wrap up was Episode 13 of season 1, unless another year happened before "May the Best Pet Win".

[spoilers]I really enjoyed the "Grinch who stole Christmas in "Tanks for the Memories".[.spoiler]

Last episode was certainly interesting, not my favourite but an interesting episode.

I'll be filling in for @Twilight_Crow this week. yay. Which means its time for

FoTW

Fan Fiction Flashback, let's have a little twist, rather then post all new stuff, I'm going to bring back some previously posted Fan Fiction and one new Fic as there hasn't been any new fiction in a while. Author's names link to their respective Fimfiction account pages where applicable, to find more of their work.

Let's put in an old favourite from the past,
The Empty Room by Wanderer D
[Links to Fimfiction, Rated: Teen, Tagged with: Romance, Tragedy, Dark and Adventure, Finished(?): Incomplete/(Complete)]
Previous Posts: 341, 8838, 14171
I'm not going to do a better job then Twilight_Crow or Wanderer D for giving this one a quick description but I'll take a stab at it.An empty room, sealed away and kept hidden in Canterlot Castle is discovered by Luna. Leading to a mystery that brings back a forgotten foe, dark history and a secret conspiracy dating back 20 years or more.
As a note the story it is actually complete but there is a rewrite on pause since March 2014 that is incomplete. I haven't dug into the rewrite yet myself but the story has a nice plot, good twists and strong writing, making it worth a read. There is a small bit of NSFW in a few parts, nothing bad, just slightly suggestive but it doesn't take away from the story and skipping over it won't cause you to miss anything important.

I happen to love this one and since I decided to focus on returning old fics from the thread. I had to add this one.
The Perfect Night Sky by Twilight_Crow and @Noire (PhilomenaSage at the time)
[Links to Fimfiction, Rated: E, Tagged with: Slice of Life, Complete]
Previous Posts: 810, 4624
A Short Story (Under 5,000 words) by our own Twilight_Crow and Noire. Set before Season 1, Episode 1, we get to see Twilight tackle an exam on astronomy and learn a little something on the side.

Lastly, something a little new that I stumbled upon and I don't believe has been posted here.
Just Dodge! by DannyJ
[Links to Fimfiction, Rated: Teen, Tagged with: Dark, Comedy, Complete]
Previous Posts: N/A
Not as dark as the tag suggests, it is a comedy story involving Lyra playing or betting on a little game with Discord and of course, a little bit of crazy occurs. Clever concept and worth a read.

And in recent tradition, pony art:
Untitled
Hurray for Jiggly!
Source: Unlikely the real one but better then nothing, http://cheezburger.com/8393190656

Oh yeah and has anypony else caught/saw Discord in the new opening clip with that short song?

Edited on by Aqueous

Aqueous

@OneBagTravel - It might, the topic comes up a number of times.
Show is well written and has a good sense of humor. The animation being good and a well built world helps. Also when song does come up it is usually very good.

Xingen

Are 700+ pages really needed to describe why people of all ages can enjoy a cartoon?
The great Rebeltaxi once said...
"if grown men are into my little pony don't mess with them, everyone has the right to enjoy things" or something like that.

why are you even reading this man

Twitter:

MsJubilee

@Xingen You joined 24 minutes ago and this is your first forum post? Well alrighty then welcome to NL! Where you can lose your soul in a blink of an eye to these tyrants we call mods!

Edited on by MsJubilee

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic