General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 14,741 to 14,760 of 14,847

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,741. Posted:

Happy weekend everypony!

Phew... had a very trying week, but finally I am on vacations. XD

@CorporalPegasus I love that one too, but the piece with the amazing scenery won.

FoTW

Still not much reading, but expect bigger stuff now that I am free. For now, something unusual, a short, random crack fic. Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
Twilight Sparkle Rides a Shark by Syeekoh
[On Fimfiction Random Complete Everyone]
Princess Twilight Sparkle makes a new friend and rides him to Canterlot. He is a shark.

I usually can't enjoy crack fics (random fan fictions where the point is to laugh at the absurdity presented to you), they are usually poorly written and make as much sense as an episode of Adventure Time. My point is: too much craziness takes the funny away for me. But this piece actually made me chuckle (which means some of you may end up cracking up), and it is presented in a very interesting point of view and with nice pacing and good writing.
Really, it is well written, go read it.

Also, a friend of mine decided to start a MLP Fan fiction review blog. He has read quite a few stories as well, so if you want to find more pony fics with big detailed reviews, go check his tumblr:

GrimWolf's Den

It's Summer!... Celestia is pleased. :D
Untitled

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,742. Posted:

@Teilight_Crow thanks for keeping on going with your weekly posts. I'll have to give the rest a read, but like the one you did last. That Celestia gif is so cute... :)

Haven't read up on posts, but just letting you all know I'll be ready to jump back into things though. Camp has ended, so I'll have some time pretty soon to go back to my old posting habits. I'll just be spending some time with some friends I made there before they leave.

As for comic reviews, I know I'm far behind in that. :P I'll get to them as soon as I can. Speaking of covers though...
Untitled
Just thought that looked fun. Can't wait to see what happens at comicon for ponies and everything else.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,743. Posted:

Happy weekend everypony! Or at least the few ponies that lurk around here.

@Lunapplebloom Hey there! Welcome Back. Glad to know you had a good time at camp. Will love to see your reviews on the comics, I've enjoyed them very much myself. :D Hope we get to play some Mk8 soon.

Wow, this place is kinda dead, but, actually, I think this is a good time to rest from pony. It is funny, I am actually not paying too much attention to the brony fandom, other than fan fiction. I still love ponies and follow the official stuff, simply reading my comics and playing the card game, but it is a lot more relaxed now and that is good. :D

So I am not surprised the brony group is not around much. It is not really the dead of the thread, just wait till season 5 happens. XD

I will keep posting weekly because I know at least my friends are reading, and the lovely lurkers too. ;)

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
The Night is Passing by Cynewulf
[On Fimfiction Adventure Incomplete Teen]
Celestia went on sabbatical into the west. She promised Twilight it would be only a couple of months.
A year and a half later, the sun resists Luna's control, the country is in ruins, and Twilight's teacher is lost in the wild. Twilight has become the apostate, and her faith in her teacher and her teachings may be waning, but in the wake of tragedy, her resentment blossoms into fury and she vows that something must be done. As shadows gather around Canterlot, and old things that should not have been awakened get on the move, the Student goes west, so her hope be restored by friendship and righteousness.
The night, at long last, is passing.

This is an epic adventure on the make, with, so far, three main arcs very nicely integrated: Twilight go west, looking for the missing Princess with Pinkie and AJ, while Rarity, RD and Fluttershy go North to ask for help from the Crystal Empire. In the meantime Luna and Spike must do everything in their power to keep a Canterlot cramped with refugees and intrigue savvy nobles under control, while defending it form outside attacks. The adventures they have to go trough have already been quite creative, and believable in this sad Equestria the author has painted. Add deep characterizations and a very good use of the ponies points of view and you get quite a well thought story.
There is some dark depictions of violence going on here, but just a bit of gore, still I prefer to let you all know.
Decent writing sans a few typos here and there.

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr:

GrimWolf's Den

And another GIF, because Twilight:
Untitled

Oh, and I found this awesome so, here:

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

14,744. Posted:

I'm making a return to BronyCon next weekend!

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

14,745. Posted:

Have fun @Sylverstone

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,746. Posted:

Happy weekend everypony and every lurker!

Yet another quiet week! We had the Comicon pony panel though. There was another animatic shown just like last years'. You can find it here on EQD. Of course I am not watching it. But they also posted a blog with a Panel Summary, I did read it, is not that spoilery, because it's short and concise.

Add to that all the info about EQG:Raibow Rocks ( Like this video with spoilery spoilers about the villains and a cool song ), which is coming out on September 27th (will also air on the HUB October 17th), and it has the huge probability of freaking Trixie singing... and I am hyped. Good things pony in the future, yay.

Other than that I had a weird week, I had an important project for my D&D session, a friend asked my to edit a pony story of him (expect it soon ;)), then family stuff came up, and a friend invited me to a slumber gaming party... and I am so overwhelmed! So I picked a short fan fiction for everyone to enjoy...

FoTW

I am posting an old one that I read a long time ago. I was browsing stories I liked, struggling to find something to recommend today and discovered I had never recommended this. Needed to correct that, so tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
Let's just say... by Obselescence
[On Fimfiction Random Complete Everyone]
“Suppose I killed them all... Let’s just say, that I killed everypony.”

Celestia is tired of her Princess' obligations and has a philosophic discussion about the reach of her power with some wood animals. Yeah, it sounds weird but the image it paints is beautiful if terrible, and Celestia feels very real.
Besides... Let's just say... I agree. Let's just say I wouldn't mind if Celestia killed them all...
Great Writing.

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr:

GrimWolf's Den

And Trixie is best Equestria Girl:
Untitled

@Sylverstone So Awesome! I)^3^(I Have fun!

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,747. Posted:

This place has become as slow as a turtle. :(

And S5 won't begin until next year.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

GrimWolf

14,748. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

This place has become as slow as a turtle. :(

And S5 won't begin until next year.

It is! a shame, isn't?
Hello I'm Grimwolf! How are you Bronies?

GrimWolf

AuthorMessage

Buob

14,749. Posted:

Howdy there everyone!

I'm just checking in. Unfortunatly, life as grabbed me and not let go and I've found very little time for Nintendo Life or Ponies. I did, however, watch Equestria Girls the other month and surprisingly enjoyed it, but aside from that, I've pretty much slipped out of the fandom.

I think that's enough about me, how are you all doing? I see this forum is still active, which is cool.

I look forward to hearing how you guys have been holding up!

Previous works, Princestians, (Chapter 5 is on hiatus)
If anyone wants to talk to me for any reason
Faves:
PS3: TLoU
3DS: TC:NL
Wii U: LoZ:WW HD
DS: 999
Wii: SSBB
GC: MK:DD or LoZ:WW
64: PD or GE 007
Anime: Clannad (Epically epic and touching)

Nintendo Network ID: buob-san | Twitter: writerdanekemp

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

14,750. Posted:

@Twilight_Crow - Yay, spoilerly stuffs.

@Discostew - Yup, just like last year.

@GrimWolf - Welcome! Hope you are well and sorry you hit a quiet state of things here. Are you the one @Twilight_Crow's been plugging?

@Buob - Nice to hear your alive and well. I'm doing fine, don't comment much anymore just watch.

Strange but funny picture.
Untitled

Edited on by Aqueous

[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1

AuthorMessage

midnafanboy

14,751. Posted:

I know this is a dying forum, but who cares i needed to say it i'm going to brony con!!! Yeah i'm so happy.

"I must purify the world" The batter from OFF
"CALL IT FRIENDO cause i can't ,it wouldn't be fair"
I'm here because you can't accept what you've done. It broke you. You needed someone to blame, so you cast it on me. A dead man."Konrad Spec op's the Line

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: midnafanboy

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,752. Posted:

midnafanboy wrote:

I know this is a dying forum, but who cares i needed to say it i'm going to brony con!!! Yeah i'm so happy.

That's all the way out in Balti-"mare", right? Yeah, no way I'm going to that, living in California and all....
Sacramento had a Brony Expo last year (their first ever) that I attended, but it seems they aren't doing one this year.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,753. Posted:

Have fun @Sylverstone! Nice to see that the plat forming project is still ongoing, and just looking at the footage, I can tell quite a bit has changed since the early demo I tried a while back. Awesome scrolling background!

@midnafanboy Have fun as well. Sure, the forum isn't that active anymore, but I still call it home. :)

@Aqueous oh boy... She best be careful with that book. I could see all of Equestria being taken out by her by mistake. :P

@Discostew That's to bad. I guess they just couldn't afford it possibly. Nice you were able to go though.

@GrimWolf Howdy to the pony corner of NL. Enjoy the stay! :)

@Buob Welcome back and saying hello. Well, we've kept in contact since, but a few things have happened, but nothing like this threads hay day.

@Twilight_Crow Thanks, and thanks for races as well. :) Also added the stories, though the Celestia killing everything seems a bit... random. But let's just say... I'd rather be interested in seeing how that one is. You've made me curious. It will be interesting to see how they top last season though. EQG RR will be a nice fill in between though, and is shaping up fairly nicely for a sequel to something most bronies never asked for. (cough)actual pony movie(cough) If I could get a cent for every time it think that... :P

And now something that's been absent for a while...

Comic Time!

Hello fellow ponies. It's been a long time in the making (or so I would like to think, but only just started tonight...), but comic reviews/impressions are back in business. Since I'm so far behind though, I'm going to have to make these short. Major details will be touched upon in spoilers though. Anyways, let's start with the last issue in the arc

Untitled

My Little Pony main series #20 I'm just going to say this right now. Best... Arc... Ever! I don't even need to post Reggie telling you what's wrong with you since it wouldn't send a strong enough message. A terrific conclusion to a worthy arc. I couldn't encourage you more to read it from the beginning all the way through.

This issue was so awesome, and so many feels too. The moment when Celestia was willing to sacrifice herself for the good of both worlds was quite touching, and her and Twilight's exchanges were purely what I imagined it to be. Then Sombra's sacrifice made me swell a little on the inside. Combine those moments with 'My Heart Will Go On' song from Titanic, and that made the moment all the impactful. There s so much more I could say, but I'll leave it at that. Oh, and flaming Celestia. Enough said...

Looking at the time, I'll probably finish the rest of my reviews tomorrow. Night everypony!

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

GrimWolf

14,754. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

@GrimWolf - Welcome! Hope you are well and sorry you hit a quiet state of things here. Are you the one @Twilight_Crow's been plugging?

Yes, I'm the one making the fanfiction reviews, I also was present on your magic duel against Danny.

Here it is a comic that made me laugh a lot, Coco is out of character here, but she is hilarious:

Untitled]

Edited on by GrimWolf

GrimWolf

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

14,755. Posted:

GrimWolf wrote:

Yes, I'm the one making the fanfiction reviews, I also was present on your magic duel against Danny.

Cool nice to see/meet the person @Twilight_Crow's been plugging.
Oh dear, I was hoping the people in the background didn't see me fail my partner having used a different win condition then them.
I'm just going to go hide in a corner now.

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,756. Posted:

Happy weekend everypony!

There were people HERE! Can't believe it. :P Well I am glad some ponies decided to post. :D

@Buob Hey there! Welcome back. It is alright, I don't follow the fandom that much anymore either, but, as long as you don't suddenly hate ponies, :P you can always come here and post. Everything has been going fine around here, thanks.

@midnafanboy Enjoy Bronycon!

@Lunapplebloom WB comic reviews! yay

@GrimWolf Hey you, welcome to our little brony thread, I thought you may never post here. Thanks for the funny comic.

@Aqueous Oh c'mon! That Magic game was awesome, of course my friends were asking how the game was going. I think you played well.
Also, lol Twilight. But no need to worry about her killing anypony else... you remember how she ends her letters, right? >:3

FoTW

Last week I mentioned I was helping a friend with one of his pony stories. Well, the story is done and up for everypony to see. Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
148° by Dancewithknives
[On Fimfiction Adventure Complete Everyone]
It's the night after the hottest, world record setting day in Coffin Valley. A band of colt scouts gather around a campfire, they will hear the legend of something that happened seventy years ago, in a day just as hot.

This is a cool story within a story, where, both, the unreliable story teller and the young eager listeners really bring life to the legend been told. I was also really surprised by a couple of flashbacks that give information without being intruding, and the ending was specially pleasing to me.
At first this story may seem very disconnected from the show, just some OCs listening to a Wild West style story that you may think would fit better in an original story with humans. However if you give it a chance you will see that things are not as it seems.
It has references to other of the author's stories, but it's a self contained story that I think anyone can enjoy.
Decent Writing.

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr: GrimWolf's Den

And I guess I'll put a comic too.
Cute Trixie is cute... kinda >:3
Untitled

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,757. Posted:

@lunapplebloom oh goodness, just ordered this entire comic arc, im so excited, because that all sounds awesome!

@buob good to see you posting again!

@GrimWolf Welcome to our little thread!

@Aqueous Oh goodness, that will not end well. Altough i think Twili should be a little more suspicious of a creepy black notebook with the word death on the cover ;)

@SylverStone @MidnaFanboy enjoy BronyCon!

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

midnafanboy

14,758. Posted:

Happy Monday everypony just came back from BronyCon, it was awesome bought so many things there it's crazy.Meet some great people there and i can't believe i met some well known bronie youtubers it was amazing.

Edited on by midnafanboy

"I must purify the world" The batter from OFF
"CALL IT FRIENDO cause i can't ,it wouldn't be fair"
I'm here because you can't accept what you've done. It broke you. You needed someone to blame, so you cast it on me. A dead man."Konrad Spec op's the Line

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: midnafanboy

AuthorMessage

GrimWolf

14,759. Posted:

I feel like this today.
Untitled

GrimWolf

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

14,760. Posted:

@Twilight_Crow @CorporalPegasus - I think you missed the part where Princess Celestia worked as the name. :P Wouldn't it be funny if her name was Princess Celestia was her actual name not just the title.

@GrimWolf - I had a good laugh at that one.

@Twilight_Crow - Oh no. There was an audience? They kept checking? I'm going to go hyper ventilate in a corner of the internet now.
Maybe but my plan clashed with Toasty's when it came to game ending methods and that hurt us in the end.
Also you are editing now? Well guess I'm not needed. :P

Edited on by Aqueous