Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 14,721 to 14,740 of 15,037

GuardianKing

@Twilight_Crow Okay, that plush is just the best. :3 Was it a convention-vendor exclusive thing (as in made by one person), or is it commercially available?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!

Another dead week here on the pony thread. But is ok, pony will probably comeback at the end of the year. And my vacations start in a week and a half, I hope will be all around NL more often.

@GuardianKing Sorry but no, not a commercial one. It is from a group that make all kinds of plushies and sell them on the Internet. They made a ton of ponies only for the event and even sold out because they were very nice.

Not much reading this week either, used most of my free time checking SGDQ 2014, and it has been awesome so far!

Do not worry though, FoTW will continue through the hiatus and even until the MLP Fanfiction community ends; or I stop reading pony... not very plausible.

FoTW

I haven't been able to read anything big so, let me recommend a story you can read in a few minutes, here's something small, simple and sweet for tonight's ==Fic of The Week:==
Dawn by ArgonMatrix
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Complete Everyone]
One is the sun. The day, the light, the waking, the Alpha.
One is the moon. The night, the dark, the sleep, the Omega.
So opposites that in another time they would have been enemies. So, sometimes, it's hard to remember that they're sisters.

This is one of those very short pieces that manage to tell a deep story with great characterizations. The princesses feel like more than just rulers, they feel like real sisters with real feelings. Luna is specially interesting.
Good Writing.

And I haven't post Luna in ages, here:

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

GuardianKing

@Twilight_Crow Would you happen to know if they have a website or something of the like? I know various individual sellers at the conventions I go too will sometimes hand me a card with their information on it (which includes a website for their merchandise).

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

@GuardianKing Well, this is their Facebook page but it is in spanish since they are from Guadalajara, Mexico. Not sure if they ship to USA, but I believe they are in the middle of moving their headquarters and may take some days before they take orders.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

Derpscout

They can post here if they wish. If you don't like it, you can go elsewhere. -Lz

Edited on by TheLZdragon

Pootis.

Discostew

Real men like ponies.

As a dev of blargSNES, just stop with the claims that o3DS can emulate SNES games accurately @ 60fps. It cannot.

Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Derpscout

Discostew wrote:

Real men like ponies.

how?Plus tell me that your Goat profile pic origns.It look intresting.Plus,the scouts will defeat the bronies.

Pootis.

Discostew

@Derpscout

We are allowed here because we respect the mod's and admin's wishes of keeping MLP-general stuff to this one thread in this General Chat section. The only MLP-related stuff that I've seen here that hasn't stayed strictly in this thread involved video games, like when Wayforward mentioned that they'd love to make an MLP game.

Because we respect the wishes of the higher-ups, they treat us with respect as well, and grant us the same privilege of having a trouble-free thread. You have no authority to decide who can be on this website. You don't have to like bronies or MLP, but coming in here to cause trouble is exactly the kind of thing that will get your reported and moderated.

As a dev of blargSNES, just stop with the claims that o3DS can emulate SNES games accurately @ 60fps. It cannot.

Discostew

He is Discord, the master of chaos, the spirit of disharmony, and the ultimate prankster to ponies everywhere. Personality based off of "Q" from Star Trek, and voiced by the same person who played "Q"; John de Lancie.

Discostew

@CanisWolfred

I've been out-and-about, like in the DSiWare -> Petit Computer thread, talking about my Megaman 2 project and the new PTC program coming to the 3DS.

TheLZdragon

We are all happy now, yes?

Edited on by TheLZdragon

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon Rank: S
Fates Castle ID: 15449-70849-36123-61987 (Revelation)
Smash characters: Yoshi, Shulk, and Corrin

My Sonyloggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SheldonRandoms

Unca_Lz wrote:

IDK about you, I mean your avatar looks not happy to me

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable?

http://eshopgurus.webs.com/ (I review stuff here, check it out : P )

I love to rev up those fryers!

Ristar the Shooting Star fanboy!

I gave birth to Sheldon & Mr. Randoms

I'm a kangaroo!

I'M SWELLTASTIC!

SHELDONRANDOMS X UNDEAD_TERROR IN ALL CAPS LOCK GLORY!!!

Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Discostew

Unca_Lz wrote:

lol, that avatar brings to mind "Not this again!".

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!

Last week of school incomiiiiiiing! So much to do, but still have a little time for ponies.

LOL Troll brought life to dead brony thread.

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week,== something short again, but it's Twilight and Trixie, so enjoy:
Princess Trixie By alexmagnet
[On Fimfiction Comedy Complete Everyone]
She says she is fed up with the way the political elite are handling the ruling of Equestria and decides that it's time for a change of pace.
It's time for Trixie to overthrow Celestia.
Celestia decides it's time to have a little fun.

Just a funny short where Trixie learns what Celestia knows... being a Princess sux!
With simple and authentic characterizations, some nice deep dialogue and a few very funny details that will force a laugh out of you, this is just a nice, lighthearted comedy to brighten your mood.
Good Writing.

And some awesome Twilight art:
Untitled

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!

Phew... had a very trying week, but finally I am on vacations. XD

@CorporalPegasus I love that one too, but the piece with the amazing scenery won.

FoTW

Still not much reading, but expect bigger stuff now that I am free. For now, something unusual, a short, random crack fic. Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
Twilight Sparkle Rides a Shark by Syeekoh
[On Fimfiction Random Complete Everyone]
Princess Twilight Sparkle makes a new friend and rides him to Canterlot. He is a shark.

I usually can't enjoy crack fics (random fan fictions where the point is to laugh at the absurdity presented to you), they are usually poorly written and make as much sense as an episode of Adventure Time. My point is: too much craziness takes the funny away for me. But this piece actually made me chuckle (which means some of you may end up cracking up), and it is presented in a very interesting point of view and with nice pacing and good writing.
Really, it is well written, go read it.

Also, a friend of mine decided to start a MLP Fan fiction review blog. He has read quite a few stories as well, so if you want to find more pony fics with big detailed reviews, go check his tumblr:

GrimWolf's Den

It's Summer!... Celestia is pleased.
Untitled

Lunapplebloom

@Teilight_Crow thanks for keeping on going with your weekly posts. I'll have to give the rest a read, but like the one you did last. That Celestia gif is so cute...

Haven't read up on posts, but just letting you all know I'll be ready to jump back into things though. Camp has ended, so I'll have some time pretty soon to go back to my old posting habits. I'll just be spending some time with some friends I made there before they leave.

As for comic reviews, I know I'm far behind in that. I'll get to them as soon as I can. Speaking of covers though...
Untitled
Just thought that looked fun. Can't wait to see what happens at comicon for ponies and everything else.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony! Or at least the few ponies that lurk around here.

@Lunapplebloom Hey there! Welcome Back. Glad to know you had a good time at camp. Will love to see your reviews on the comics, I've enjoyed them very much myself. Hope we get to play some Mk8 soon.

Wow, this place is kinda dead, but, actually, I think this is a good time to rest from pony. It is funny, I am actually not paying too much attention to the brony fandom, other than fan fiction. I still love ponies and follow the official stuff, simply reading my comics and playing the card game, but it is a lot more relaxed now and that is good.

So I am not surprised the brony group is not around much. It is not really the dead of the thread, just wait till season 5 happens. XD

I will keep posting weekly because I know at least my friends are reading, and the lovely lurkers too.

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
The Night is Passing by Cynewulf
[On Fimfiction Adventure Incomplete Teen]
Celestia went on sabbatical into the west. She promised Twilight it would be only a couple of months.
A year and a half later, the sun resists Luna's control, the country is in ruins, and Twilight's teacher is lost in the wild. Twilight has become the apostate, and her faith in her teacher and her teachings may be waning, but in the wake of tragedy, her resentment blossoms into fury and she vows that something must be done. As shadows gather around Canterlot, and old things that should not have been awakened get on the move, the Student goes west, so her hope be restored by friendship and righteousness.
The night, at long last, is passing.

This is an epic adventure on the make, with, so far, three main arcs very nicely integrated: Twilight go west, looking for the missing Princess with Pinkie and AJ, while Rarity, RD and Fluttershy go North to ask for help from the Crystal Empire. In the meantime Luna and Spike must do everything in their power to keep a Canterlot cramped with refugees and intrigue savvy nobles under control, while defending it form outside attacks. The adventures they have to go trough have already been quite creative, and believable in this sad Equestria the author has painted. Add deep characterizations and a very good use of the ponies points of view and you get quite a well thought story.
There is some dark depictions of violence going on here, but just a bit of gore, still I prefer to let you all know.
Decent writing sans a few typos here and there.

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr:

GrimWolf's Den

And another GIF, because Twilight:
Untitled

Oh, and I found this awesome so, here:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic