General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 14,701 to 14,720 of 14,877

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,701. Posted:

@TeeJay Howdy friend! It's nice to see you still about here. :) And of course I'll start following your new blog. I actually had no idea, and I think I am still following your Tender Page one. Whatever happened to it anyways? Also hope you do get a Wii U eventually.

@Gioku Nice! I love the design you gave it, and she looks cute to boot. Hope that firing went well. And that should have been my video post. :P nice to see the Flim Flam brothers in human form, and the way I imagined too.

@Twilight_Crow Aw yeah! That definitely has to be one of the best fan works ever (and it's not just because of Luna. :P ) great character building and awesome fight scenes. Though animation was a little rough in areas, this is still quality stuff. Thanks for giving story recommendations. :)

@Aqueous sorry, would have helped out if I could. Take all the time you need to process it. :)

Comic impressions/reviews still on the way. I finally was able to read the last and catch the latest, but with a test coming up, I'm going to have to put it on hold just a bit longer. Hopefully I'll get to it sooner than later.

But since everypony is all about Mario Kart 8, why not mix it up.
Untitled
Wish this could be...

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,702. Posted:

Happy Mario Kart weekend everypony!

Big pony hiatus still going and then big game comes out, who doesn't want to play MK8. But even if I myself am resting a bit off pony, I will keep posting my features. :)

FoTW

Luckily I found something incredibly easy to read and still enjoyable. Tonight on the ==Fic of The week:==
Dreams About Friendship are Magic by Soft Story
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life incomplete Everyone]
Twilight Sparkle wakes from a coma after being cursed by a stallion she doesn't remember ever meeting. Princess Celestia and Spike had been taking care of her while she was sleeping. She woke up, but something is wrong, Twilight’s memories doesn't match up with anypony else's.

According to the author it is "Set after “Games Ponies Play” but before “Magical Mystery Cure” timeline wise (sort of, you'll see). So no Alicorn Twilight here." This is an interesting AU story that presents us a world in which nor Luna nor the mane 6 exist and Twilight directly helps with the ruling of Equestria. Whether this universe is real or not is yet to be seen but there is some nice but simple world building here. Add a little Twilestia romance to the mix and this is an out of the ordinary piece that I found easy to read. It has some problems, like too much telling instead of showing and some grammar but overall it is still entertaining.
Decent writing.

And have some awesome princessy art:

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

14,703. Posted:

@Twilight_Crow - It sounded good, no wings, interesting concept, certain character's just being dreams all the way until the shipping. :P
I'll get around to it,joking aside it sounds good.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,704. Posted:

@Gioku That Fluttershy turned out amazing!

@Lunapplebloom Button Mash has a blue shell :O Watch out, Rainbow Dad!

@Twilight_Crow That animation is freaking amazing! These Silly Fillies never dissapoint.

@Teejay Good to see you back here!

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,705. Posted:

5 days without a single post? What is wrong with us? We must prevent this from dying!

Where are we on the RP? Was I still the last one to post concerning it?

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,706. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

5 days without a single post? What is wrong with us? We must prevent this from dying!

Ahh.... whoops! :O
...I have a big update to make on my MLP artwork, but kept forgetting... so... now's as good a time as any! ^-^

So... here is Gioku's big MLP artwork update! :D

I recently learned how to do vector artwork, and so of course you guys already know how much I like Equestria Girls, so it was only fitting that I would draw some of them! :D

So first was Fluttershy:
Untitled
http://gioku.deviantart.com/art/Equestria-Girls-Fluttershy-pu...

And then Vinyl Scratch:
Untitled
http://gioku.deviantart.com/art/Equestria-Girls-Vinyl-Scratch...

...and these two turned out so well, and got me started getting popular on deviantART, that I got a request to do this one:
Untitled
http://gioku.deviantart.com/art/Equestria-Girls-Trixie-puttin...

I am super happy with how all three turned out! :D And I'm getting requests now! :O ...this was what it took to get noticed on dA, I guess. o.o
I hope you guys like them, too! And I would love to take requests for artwork from you guys, too. ^-^

....and also a link to my deviantART is in my signature if anyone wants to visit me. ^-^

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,707. Posted:

Happy weekend everypony!

So yeah Mario Kart 8, we need to make a pony tournament of that sometime winkwink nudgenudge. The ones NL are doing are fun. :D

@Discostew The Pony hiatus are like that, but vacations are starting for some people, so maybe there will be some posts. I believe you were the one who moved last on the RP, yeah. I can't move because Celestia is just tailing you guys. BTW I believe Lunapplebloom has a record of the RP somewhere on case you need it.

@Lunapplebloom Eagerly awaiting those reviews. :)

@Gioku Great vectors, you should do Twilight next. ;)

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The week:==
Veil of Thoughts by Starwin
[On Fimfiction Adventure Complete Everyone]
Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash awake to find themselves sharing the same body! What happened that put them in such a situation? Now they must struggle to hold themselves together as their world is turned upside down. How long can two ponies exist in a single mind? It’s a race against time as they search for answers before it’s too late, and after all is said and done, you’ll never look at Twilight Dash the same way again.

A quite intriguing story that tries to go into the minds of Twilight and RD, at the heart of the mysterious, magical predicament they find themselves in, and reaching deep into what makes them who they are. It uses symbolism for the mindscapes, and even if I am terrible at understanding it, I found the situations inside and outside their minds exciting and filled with a sense of urgency that keeps a nice pace and never let the story dwell too much in said symbolism. With nice descriptions, an interesting point of view and many twists, this is a very interesting piece that is worth a read, even if, while well characterized, the rest of the cast feels a bit flat.
Very good writing.

And this is so cute and so Trixie, I have to post it:

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

14,708. Posted:

I've seen a few episodes, and i must say it's one of the better cartoons(of the few) that's being spewed out these days. With TMNT(2012) taking the number 1 spot as the best CG/cartoon series reaking the slimey airwaves. ;) I'm not the type to lash out or put down Bronies. It's flat out ignorant and close minded for anybody to. If you enjoy the show and it makes you happy than that's all that matters. you've got one life to live, so just be happy and ignore the Macho-driven bone headed haters. ;)

Heck, i kind of want to get a few episodes or better yet the first season of the original 80's MLP series.....I always tuned in whenever ghostbusters, LOZ, tmnt, Beetljuice, Captain N or any other great cartoon series weren't on. Whenver it was down to Captain Planet, The Racoons and My Little pony, i'd choose MLP every time.

Hell, there was one particular scene involving a pony(forgot which one) that was being draged beneath the ground by these evil flowers. or at least that's the way my 5 year old mind interpreted the scene. It really upset me, and i remember almost crying because those flowers killed that innocent little pony and her crying pony friends could do nothing to help her. It's amazing how your mind works at that age, and just how magical, immersive, emotional and gripping even something like MLP of all cartoons can be. :P The reality is, the pony probably never died, the flowers were just up to their evil prankish' no gooder' mischief and caught her to get back at the ponies. lol

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,709. Posted:

@Waveboy Thanks for the words of support, even if you don't care to much for the series. That's what I also like about this series is that carries heavily from the first generation while doing it's own thing and, in my opinion, better.

@Gioku You did a great job with those vectors! :) only request from me is Applejack, but that's no surprise. :P

@CorporalPegasus Looks like you're right! :O Rainbow better take care of him. :P

@Discostew Sorry about that. Here's a link with the RP so far. Looks like you went last, after me, so looks like @ToastyYogurt needs to make the next move.

@Twilight_Crow Nice looking story for differences in setting, and the second story reminds me of a Doctor Who episode, but different. Both pics are also lovely as always first for excellence, and the other for the lols. :P Sorry as well, been so busy the last few weeks. But the waiting is over...

Comic TIme

Now I've been falling behind in this, so I'm just going to impression/review both at once. First up is the sub series, Friends Forever #5
Untitled

First thing with this issue, I wasn't to sure how this one would go with just Zecora and Fluttershy at the helm. It seemed like an odd mix at face value, but once I actually got to reading, I actually enjoyed it. The plot was simple yet kept me guessing, the art was very pleasing to the eye most of the time, and the dialogue was very interesting. Tony Fleecs seems to have improved on his skills since his last comic, and it shows in here. If you ever had an interest in the series, this would be a great place to start.

And spoilers past here for some details I liked.

First off, love the introduction of Discord at the end. I never guessed it was him honestly, and his inclusion made alot of sense when I think about it. It also shows how close he feels to Fluttershy after becoming her friend, but still staying true to his nature by causing a bit of mischief in not telling her right away. Zecora's interrogation methods was also funny to see, and her rhyming to go along with it was brilliant. I applaud the writer for the creative wordsmithing for everyone's favorite Zebra. Oh, and Rarity was in it, if bu briefly... Enough said. :P

And onto the next line of business with the main comic series #19. (That's right this time, isn't it? :P) This ones just keeps getting more interesting...
Untitled

Only thing I can say about this is if you haven't read the others, go do that... Now... Like, right now... If you are still reading this, and you haven't read the three parts yet, I only have this to say. :P
Untitled
This is indeed one of the pinnacles so far in the comic series, with other world traveling opening all sorts of possibilities in the future for the series. The comic's plot continues to intrigue, with more revelations unveiled, and details revealed. Not once did I feel the need to stop reading for a moment, because I was so hooked on the story. Andy Price still continues to wow me with all the little details he adds, and his expressions are very good as well as the humor in some of the backgrounds he draws. Overall, everything is spot on, and I can't wait to see the final... Are you still reading this? I said go! :P

I'm loving the arc to death now. We get loads more attention to Celestia in this than we ever had before. Pay attention DHX, this is what we want to see about our Princesses of the night and day. The forbidden love she has with Sombra is lovely to see, and makes her disagreement with Star Swirl all the more tragic. Maybe the events that occurred all those years ago was why Star Swirl was never able to complete his spell from the Magical Mystery Cure episode. Just a thought, but it opens up so many possibility. We also get some nice character building with Twilight as she struggles to figure out things about herself now that she's a princess. (and a lovely visual gag afterwords) Spike alos shines as being the only one to notice a voice, or something going on with everyone else being oblivious. It's a great way to play up Spikes role, while injecting some more humor into the mix. I only hope before this arc ends that we get to see the rest of Equestria's villains or antagonists playing the good guys. Discord as Captain Goodguy was Priceless. :D

Hope everyone enjoys, and thanks for the wait, though I have an announcement to make...
I'm not going to be around for a couple months at least in any major capacity. I'm currently going to be a counselor at a camp, and that is going to take up all my time for a while. I'll try to do comic reviews when I can for the ones that will release, but I'll probably have a backlog. I'll also try to continue with the RP if it starts picking up again when I can, but I can't guarantee it's going to be fast. I'm also going to miss E3 for a little while thanks to the camp training I'm going to take as well.

I hope everypony takes care, and I'll keep in touch till I return hopefully. :)

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,710. Posted:

5 Days and no posts? C'mon step it up!

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,711. Posted:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

5 Days and no posts? C'mon step it up!

Another 5 days without a post?

Untitled

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

BlueAce127

14,712. Posted:

It's been awhile (and no one probably noticed), but hi everypony.
Untitled
I think this image perfectly represents how active I've been on Nintendo Life in the last couple of years or so, but yeah, I'm still here. I would like to apologize for also being inactive in terms of the 3DS, and I must say, I am genuinely surprised that some of you have kept me added. Hahaha.
I hope to spend more time around the forums this summer, so, see y'all around!

Nintendo Enthusiast

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4126-8318-7101 (Defunct)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 (Mario Kart 7 online races; days posted as Friend List status)
Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127 (3DS-only for now, Wii U soon)

You can find me on: YouTube

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,713. Posted:

Ack, I should keep you guys updated when I make new artwork! :O

Here is my newest stuff:
Untitled
http://gioku.deviantart.com/art/Equestria-Girls-Fluttershy-zo...

Untitled
http://gioku.deviantart.com/art/Equestria-Girls-Fluttershy-wi...

The first was a cross between Equestria Girls and Resident Evil :P and the second was just a silly idea I had one morning. xD Hope you guys like these! :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,714. Posted:

Happy weekend everypony!

Relax people, we are In a pony hiatus, there is not much we can post about pony. For example, this week was all E3 and no pony for me, but I'm going to a little brony convention today. :) Wish me luck.

Hope the RP returns, I may try to post some silly stuff for it, once I am on vacations. For now, sorry but still only weekly posts from me.

@Lunapplebloom Great reviews and funny. We are going to miss you this summer; don't worry we will be able to play more MK8 eventually. ;) Good luck in that camp work, hope you have fun, just take care of yourself. One last thing if you please could send me one little chest in the MLP game, wherever you have time, I'd really appreciate it.

@BlueAce127 I am used to people coming and going, that's the Internet, no need to apologize, we all have lives; just remember you are always welcome around here. ;)

@Gioku You are really getting pretty inventive with those designs. :)

FoTW

Since there was barely any reading this week (I blame E3 :P), I was struggling to get something for this weekend, so I went to EQD this time looking for something more than just ok, and I found a story that is barely beginning, but man that writting. Tonight on the ==Fic of The week:==
The Mare in the High Castle by ponichaeism
[On Fimfiction Alternate Universe Incomplete Teen]
Under the eternal moonlight, a hoofful of strangers cross paths on the streets of Canterlot, capital of the thousand year old Empire of the Moon, over the course of one eventful day.

I read the current single chapter, it introduces what I presume are just some of our main characters. At the same time the author paints a world, remarkably deep but at the same time completely intriguing. While we recognize our beloved ponies, the situations they're in are very different, a part of the big mystery of this alternate universe; yet they are very well characterized. You feel as if each scene were directed by the character itself, and you see the world through their eyes, in excruciating detail. This excess of description is so full of information and emotion that I didn't mind it much; it's obvious it has a bigger propose that just painting an image. We know this world Is wrong, kind of like a 1984 scenario maybe, and the eternal night points at Nightmare Moon; but I have no idea what this author is going for... and that is endearing.
Amazing writing.

And this thread needs more Celestia:

Untitled

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

14,715. Posted:

Uh-oh. You guys aren't gonna like the comments in this video.

Longtime Nintendo and Peanuts fan.
長年の任天堂とピーナッツファン。

"Good Grief." - Charlie Brown
"It's-a-me, Mario!" - Super Mario

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

14,716. Posted:

@Twilight_Crow - Veil of Thoughts? That sounds like a fic you posted long ago with Twilight and Trixie.
(Aqueous needs to get reading again :P )

@BlueAce127 - Good to hear from you again. Not quite, the forum never has been as active as it was back in season 2, this is more the summer norm now anyhow. I think the last time we saw you was a MK Wii session? At least that's the last time I remember and that was a year ago from last late December.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

midnafanboy

14,717. Posted:

Wow you guys are still commenting on this forum i though it died a long time ago cause of the season 4 finale, where i have not seen a peep out of you guys for a long time.

"I must purify the world" The batter from OFF
"Killing must feel good to god too...He does it all the time."Dr.Lecter from Hannibal
"I'm here because you can't accept what you've done. It broke you. You needed someone to blame, so you cast it on me. A dead man."Konrad Spec op's the Line

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: midnafanboy

AuthorMessage

ToastyYogurt

14,718. Posted:

A pillow casually rolls off of the train, making munching sounds, as if somepony was in there eating something. Suddenly, the pillow stops munching and stands still. Then it goes bezerk, rolling around everywhere, bumping into ponies, screaming in a high pitch panic between mouthfuls of rice, "HELP ME! (munch) HELP ME! (munch) I CAN'T (munch) SEE!" The pillow bumps into Discord, and, recognizing the giant, not pony-shaped mass, climbs up the draconequus and yells, "Dizzy, help me! The raw cake started running away from me and I chased after it and then everything went white and HELP ME DIZZY!" Pinkie then begins to sob within her soft, white prison, clutching to Dizzy as best as she could.

'Sup, guys? Sorry about delaying my turn for so long, I'll try to be speedier in the future.
Still haven't watched the season finale, I'll get to it eventually.

Welcome back, @Teejay and @BlueAce127! It's great to see you guys again.

@midnafanboy: This thread never dies, it just slows down when the show is off season. There might not be any new episodes to talk about but there's always role playing and fan works.

@Gioku: Way to give Surprise some love! I believe myself to be one of the few people that doesn't think Pinkie Pie with wings is that scary (but I'm biased :P).

Alright guys, I've got an announcement to make. If you've been here long enough you might recall I have a taste for the weird, people might even call these tastes fetishes. I used to post a weird pic at the end of every post, but I stopped when I realized I stopped posting to avoid the work. Anyway, I think I can manage a weekly post now. I'll play around with days of the week, but for now, since this is my first post in a while, consider Monday the tentative day for....

Toasty's Weirdness Corner!

That's right, every week I'll throw up some pony-related work of art, each with varying levels of weird. I might even provide some insight on a particular fetish or trend. So here we go!

Remember those ponies-turned-cows I posted 2 years ago?
Welp, it's become a thing on Derpibooru. But there is a particular pony that gets this the most, enough to have her cow spotted likeness cover about 95 percent of a search for "species swap, cow." Can you guess who it is? Go on, guess. Click the spoiler when you're ready.

Untitled
Yup, Raricow. Bet'cha didn't guess that. Maybe it's so because it's the most adorable, or perhaps sexy? I dunno, but I find it very cute. :3

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
This is my pretty okay Toastyloggery.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

AuthorMessage

BlueAce127

14,719. Posted:

@Gioku I'm not sure if we've met before, but I have to give you a thumbs up on your artwork. They look stunning! :)
@Twilight_Crow @ToastyYogurt I definitely appreciate the kind greetings, thank you.
@Aqueous I looked back at my most recent posts and you're right, my last comment on this thread was letting everyone know that I couldn't play Mario Kart Wii online. What an exit that was, huh... Lol.

BlueAce127 wrote:

Just dropping by to let everyone know that I won't be able to play Mario Kart Wii online tonight... My Wii is having trouble connecting to the internet...
Anyway... Just two more sleeps! :)

I did, however, get to go online on the last day of Nintendo WFC's existence, and it was a rush of nostalgia for sure.

I'll be honest though, I haven't been keeping up with the MLP: FiM series ever since my last post here. Yes, that's a really long time, but I just found myself without as much free time as before. It's not like I've turned against it either, although I will admit that my passion for MLP is not as strong anymore. I hope that doesn't hinder my rapport with this community on Nintendo Life specifically. Speaking of time, I've spent little of it playing video games since then too, which is also part of the reason that I haven't been visiting Nintendo Life. Anyhow, as I've previously said, I hope to get going on gaming again. I've been playing Mario Kart 7 more regularly, and I sure hope I can join you all for Mario Kart 8 in the future. I'll have to get a Wii U first, of course, but that may be a while, heh.

Nintendo Enthusiast

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4126-8318-7101 (Defunct)
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 (Mario Kart 7 online races; days posted as Friend List status)
Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127 (3DS-only for now, Wii U soon)

You can find me on: YouTube

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5176-2015 | Nintendo Network ID: BlueAce127

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,720. Posted:

@Twilight_Crow thank you! :)
@BlueAce127 well nice to meet you then, and thanks! :) Glad you like it! :)
@ToastyYogurt I have actually gotten interested in the prototype versions of all the ponies:
Untitled
...I find this kind of stuff fascinating, and that is how I know I have become a real fan of something when I start getting into the prototype/scrapped ideas and that kind of stuff. Surprise happened to be the first one I found, and subsequently became my favorite of these. :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery