General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 14,661 to 14,680 of 14,842

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,661. Posted:

@midnafanboy Makes sense to me. I never really was enamored by Luna in the past before I took her on in the RP here. Now she's really grown on me.

@Gioku & @Metroidlink thanks for the remixes. :)

@Discostew

I agree with your opinion on the matter of Discord. Sure, he plans ahead most of the time, but he's not infallible. I believe Tirek really did just trick him into going back to his older ways through his wording of Discord's current situation. As for Discord not having magic anymore even though everyone else does, I don't think it's the case. I believe he was feeling ashamed more than anything, so being all clever and tricky wouldn't be on his mind at the time. When then see later that Discord is also seen with no flowers in hand, then he's suddenly handing some to Celestia. I suspect he conjured them, but only a theory. Only concern I can see is Discord becoming to nice, but to quote Fluttershy, "I don't think you're there quite yet." We'll have to wait and see I guess, though I'm not to worried, and have faith that they'll still keep him mostly how he is. The pony of shadows connection is interesting though...

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

14,662. Posted:

@Discostew:

I don't think those two similar shadowy creatures are meant to be related. Maybe as a foreshadowing of sorts it would work, but we know the one from Castlemaneia was Pinkie Pie and one of the major plot points of the finale is that Tirek had no idea that Twlight existed.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,663. Posted:

@Moorpheel

But the ep 3 images are from the last few seconds after a camera pan while everyone (including Pinkie) were together, so it couldn't be her. However, I guess it wouldn't necessarily be Tirek either, considering it was the shadow that had eyes.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

14,664. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

@Moorpheel

But the ep 3 images are from the last few seconds after a camera pan while everyone (including Pinkie) were together, so it couldn't be her. However, I guess it wouldn't necessarily be Tirek either, considering it was the shadow that had eyes.

Oh I guess it was just a random spook to play with the theme of "it was Pinkie all the time!... Or was it?".

It certainly can't be him, that would make him the most oblivious villain ever :P

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,665. Posted:

This just came up in my mind. If the rulers reside in the place where their throne is (Celestia and Luna in Canterlot, Cadence in the Crystal Empire, and the Mane 6 in Ponyville), does that mean Discord has been living in Ponyville as well, since he inquired about his throne in the newly-formed castle in Ponyville?

Now for something funny, and not really requires spoiler tags...

Untitled

Seriously, during that part, I was trying to figure out how her mouth could do that.

Edited on by Discostew

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

14,666. Posted:

Hmm, just a quick question for everypony. I'm wondering when you all became Bronies, and what age you were at the time. If you want you can detail how/why you became one. As for me, I became a Brony around April/May 2012 at the tail end of 8th grade, I was 13 at the time, almost 14.

The story of how I became a Brony isn't really that dramatic. I think the first time I heard of it was Summer 2011, during a Boy Scout Camp. I had a friend a bit older than me who brought it up in a conversation, that My Little Pony is a good show, has an interesting society, and had good characters. I was confused, since I had no idea there was a new MLP cartoon, I thought he was talking about an old cartoon. He clarified it was a new show, and that there were people called "Bronies" who liked it. He didn't tell me much more, but I feel like I can remember him mention Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash then, or sometime around then. Over the next few months at scout meetings and campouts he'd bring it up sometimes, and honestly I didn't think it was really that weird, I guess I'm just kind of open to new things. He didn't really go into too much detail about it, other than a few character, their personalities, he might've mentioned Discord or some plot elements, but I also remember he mentioned Cupcakes and Derpy Hooves. I honestly had no idea how huge the Bronies were though. I did look it up a few times though, and saw that it did have a large fanbase, but I didn't know much outside the Wikipedia Article. So then in April, MLP came to Netflix. I was curious about it, so I had my younger sisters watch it first, telling them I had heard it was a good show, but pretended to act uninterested. They loved it, and kept watching more, so a few days later, while up in my bedroom I finally watched an episode on my 3DS. And thus a Brony was born.

Edited on by Rocko52

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,667. Posted:

@Rocko52 my story is weird. xD
I never disliked the show, since it first came on... but I was never highly interested in it... until I watched Equestria Girls... and then I was in. As weird as that may sound to some of you. xD (I was 16 at the time, too). And Season 4 was the first season I watched in its entirety as it was released. :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,668. Posted:

I joined the brony fandom in December 2011. I was 14 back then. I just red this thread and saw people talk about how good it was in Team Fortress 2 and decide give it a shot. I believe i just watched Get A Pet first and then saw the entirety of season 1 in a row.

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,669. Posted:

@Rocko52

Pretty sure I already gave my story in this thread, but when you consider how big this thread is, it would be faster to just repeat myself than try and find my original posting (that's how active this thread is :P ).

Anyways, it was around towards the end of Season 1 that I got into the show (around Over a Barrel). I heard about it as it began airing, but I had preconceptions of the show. After taking a glance long ago at Gen 3 and...ugh....3.5....I felt that Gen4 (this Gen) was just going to be more of that, so I ignored it. It was also around the time where I had this thing against flash animation used in certain cartoons. I attempted to watch a webshow called Gary the Rat (because I like Kelsey Grammar as an actor), but the animation put me off too much as everything felt so....stiff and rigid. I wasn't expecting Flash to provide something on a grand scale. Don't get me wrong, I love some like Homestar Runner because of how it's put together (plus it's comedy), but most others just didn't sit well with me.

I never really watching any MLP until Gen 4. The only other time was with the very first Gen with "Rescue from Midnight Castle" with Tirek and Scorpan. We had it on VHS (maybe recorded). Other than that, nothing else from Gen 1 through Gen 3.5. So sometime around "Green Isn't You Color", I was browsing Youtube, and on the recommended list on the side, there was a clip of a white pony. I've been hesitant for so long, but I figured I'd take a look. It involved Rarity with her whining clip with the Diamond Dogs. My assessment of the clip was that it was decent in the entertainment department, and while the art style for such a Flash-made creation was better than most, that particular clip still incorporated some of the animation "rigidness" with the Diamond Dogs that I had trouble tolerating. Still, it was enough for me to check other clips, and lo and behold, I found that others were better animated.

From this point on, I began to watch the show from the very beginning on Youtube. I wasn't giddy and such, but I was interested. From there I ended up in PonyChan, where I began to get a kick out of the fandom's wacky sense of humor with memes of the show, and even partook in a Synchtube group (which was Youtube with real-time chatting) that watched episodes and random video mashups like PMVs . That's when I began to get giddy about new episodes because then I could share it with people. I even began waking up early in the morning just to watch new episode from streams (I believe at that time was 6am PST). My "bronyness" was fully achieved when I found out that John de Lancie, one of my favorite actors due to Star Trek, was going to be in the Season 2 premier. I tried my hand at drawings, a fanfic, and even voice dubbing/singing (mainly as Discord). Most of that was during Season 2. I don't recall when I came to this thread or where I was prior to it, but I do know that it was @Lunapplebloom that invited me.

I'm not nearly as "brony" as I used to be. The fanfic had stopped, and I made 1 or 2 drawings and one test run of dubbing for Season 3, but nothing afterwards. I do have numerous merchandise from the show, like 4DE plushies, shirts, and even MLP Monopoly (not yet opened and likely never will). I still partake in the RP that we have going on here, even if it has slowed down considerably.

Looking at my post here, I think I provided more details that I originally did. I guess I'm more open about this than I thought.

Edited on by Discostew

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

14,670. Posted:

I'd love to own some figures, comics, and dvds of MLP, but I don't have the budget or courage to buy such stuff atm. As I've said before, I've only been getting back into MLP a few weeks back, after stopping maybe last June or July in response to loss of interest, annoyance at Equestria Girls and Alicorn Twilight, and getting much more into anime. That said, MLP is giving me nostalgia for the end of 8th grade, that summer, and Freshman year, as well as a bit before and after those times. I've started slowly rewatching the series, and it brings back memories, and it reminds me how much I loved/love the show, I can remember a lot as I watch it.

I think late summer 2012/fall 2012 my interest was starting to wane as well as we waited for Season 3, in fact, I had lost touch with it for a bit of time so I missed the premier as it happened, but when I realized Season 3 started, I remember watching a bunch of it on Youtube in December-February, I did miss some eps tho. I watched the opening, Too Many Pinkies, Babs Seed, I think I saw Just for Sidekicks, The Discord Reformation Episode, and then in April/May/March (whenever it was) I saw the finale the day it came out. I liked it, kind of, I loved Celestia's song since at that point I had been a brony for almost, or just about a year, and it was neat to see that bring back memories of the show. But as I said, Twi becoming an Alicorn did but a damper on my spirits. I kept watching pony videos/reading comics/fanfics for a little while until anime just kinda took over.

And now I'm back.

Edited on by Rocko52

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,671. Posted:

@Rocko52 I have a few figurines I've collected... such as, I have a Rarity figurine I keep in my pocket all the time now, and it gives me great amusement for one reason or another. :P ...I have... a very... innocent? interest in the show I guess. I like it because it's a good cartoon and it's cute, and has toys I can collect (some of which are better than others, like this Rarity figurine I've got). And it is very conducive to my artwork and photomanipulation stuff I do. :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,672. Posted:

I never went out in public to purchase the stuff I have. Some were bought by my bro (who likes the show but isn't as "dedicated" as I am), and what I bought was done online.

AuthorMessage

midnafanboy

14,673. Posted:

@Rocko52 For me i became a brony at 2011, but im just going to say it i was a hater i used to call this show and to a guy in my school who liked the show so many things i regretted after i finally gave the show a shot and i loved it instantly . And then i became friends with the guy i talked a lot of trash too it ended well and im still a brony and proud of it.

"I must purify the world" The batter from OFF
"CALL IT FRIENDO cause i can't ,it wouldn't be fair"
"Take that little girl,i hope slenderman comes back and stabs you in the nuts."One of Markipliers greatest quotes.

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: midnafanboy

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,674. Posted:

I only have most of the comics and a poster (You know, the one with all the Season 1/2 characters), don't really have that much merch of any sort of fanbase i'm in though. Merch especially of any big American thing is way too expensive because of import taxes, shipping costs and the inconssten Euro/Dollar rate.

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,675. Posted:

I've recalled my story a few times in this thread, but looking for it would probably be long and tedious. Best to just recall...

back when season 2 had started, I never really spent very much time elsewhere on the internet besides lurking on NL at the time to get my Nintendo news fix. I was actually pretty sheltered from the pony fandom that had increasingly picked up speed in overrunning the internet. I then noticed a few pony avatar changes on NL, and didn't think much of it. Next thing I saw pony related on this site was this thread being very active in the most recent posts side bar. I was intrigued from seeing the thread here pop up there so often, and having so many posts at the time, so I figured I would investigate. After seeing some of the first and last posts, I wondered why this thread was still going. Basically, what anyone would say at first, and that this must be some sort of joke. Surely this show couldn't be any good. My only dealings with the show in the past were limited to a few episodes of G1 and of the cringe worthy G3, so I had my doubts. But over time, and a little more of reading this thread, I decided to give the show a shot. That night, I had loaded the very first episode on my computer, with my brother curious as to what I was watching as well, so I had him watch it with me. As we were getting through Twilight meeting the all those involved with the Summer Sun Celebration, my sister was walking by my room. She heard some birds chirping from inside the room, and thought she would find out what we were watching. Me not locking the door, she then wanders in on us seeing the Fluttershy scene from the episode. We looked at her sheepishly, and she looked at us. She then started laughing, and made a remark about it like she had found us watching naked people. We then explained, and even though she thought it was weird, she left us alone to our episode.

After seeing the end, I immediately wanted to find out what was going to happen next. So we watched the next one, then went to bed. My mind couldn't get off of it though, so the next morning I decided to watch some more, and then some more, and then some more. Never had a show have a grip on me quite like this before, especially about pastel colored... anything. Pretty soon, I was caught up entirely in about a weeks time to the middle of the second season, and had joined NL after years of procrastinating to chat about it in this thread. And just in time too for the great Derpy uprising. :P

After all that, I tried contributing a little to the fandom, such as taking up the mantle for a little bit to do welcome comics for people of this thread, art, and even some video editing. I'm still trying to do stuff now, though I've pretty much stalled out. And my personal pony collection consists of Brushables (Since they were the only source of show material that was the closest at the time), blind bag figures, Funko figures, 4DE plushies, trading cards, DVDs, and the complete comic series thus far.

It's been a real blast for the past few years, and I hope to continue it going forward. :)

Oh, and doing some comic reviews/impressions, which reminds me...

Comic Time!

This installment, I'm taking a look at the last issue to release from the main My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic series issue #18.
Untitled

As with pretty much every issue in the series so far, I really liked it... allot. As it is only the second part in a four part arc, I can't speak for the rest yet, but I'm totally loving the direction they are taking this. Wonderful art from Andy Price abounds, as well as his usual lovely visual gags he manages to throw in at almost every corner. A good read if you read the first, and I encourage that you do so as well before looking into this one to get the full story.,, er semi full anyways, since the arc isn't finished.

Onto the spoilerish part of the impressions/review.

This issue is amazing! First thing on my list is Luna shows concern for her sister, albeit in a very forceful way. Understandable though, as Celestia is still keeping some things behind her sisters back, and hasn't really opened up to her about such things yet since her return. It was nice to have them get some spotlight, and shows that the comic writers know that the princesses need some fleshing out, though I wish the show would feel the same way... Don't get me wrong, they still have a few moments to shine, but they have been far and few between, especially for Celestia. Maybe in season 5... And loved how the rest of the story was somewhat a mixture of Super Hero alternate world exploration, with a bit of familiarity of Doctor Who thrown into the mix with flashbacks to Celestia and Star Swirl's time their in the past. Loved the little joke between the two times about the guard hats. Classic. :D And then we meet Sombra, who actually looks rather dashing. I only wish we could have seen the rest of the alternate universe counterparts, mostly the ones in stain glass. Would have been interesting to see Trixie like this, but I'll take what we can can get... for now anyways... :P I wouldn't be surprised if we still do, but we'll see. And then the evil doppelgangers of Celestia and Luna show up. I must say that I really like the design choices her, mostly for Celestia though. Luna looks too red in her costume, but may just be me. Also an interesting move by the writers to have it that the Mane 6 can't take them head on as they thought, without hurting the Princesses in the other world (Which also leads to some comedic circumstances. :P) And then there was the end. Even though it was hinted at largely in the previous issue, it was nice to get that final confirmation that some stuff was happening between good Sombra, and Celestia. I don't usual go for parings, but I like what they chose here. That her and Sombra were in the kind of forbidden love relationship is really suiting, and gives Celestia more depth as a character, and good Sombra too, even though we just met the guy... Er his good self anyways. And Twilight's gasp of finding out was hysterical. I look forward to seeing how this issue goes, and I leave a hearty recommendation to anyone wanting to read. This is turning into one of the comics best stories thus far.

I hope this was an improvement over my last one, and thank you to those that took a moment to share your opinions on it. :)

And this... has nothing to do with the comic, but everything with the season final. :D

Untitled

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,676. Posted:

@Lunapplebloom ahahaha, that was my thoughts exactly when I saw that scene! xD

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

14,677. Posted:

Apparently issue 13 of the comic series has a One Piece reference in it, like there's a ponifed Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Nami at some point. That sounds cool.

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,678. Posted:

Time for a My Little Pony art update from Gioku! :D

My latest work, is a combination of two things that I recently discovered and that I liked. :)
This face, called the "smeel", and this pony, named "Surprise". And I was shocked to discover that there was not yet a 'smeel' face made for Surprise, so I made it myself!
Untitled
And now, I am especially proud of it, because it got featured in the Surprise-fans group on DeviantART! :D
That makes me feel very special! :D

...so... a few months ago, I wanted to make Fluttershy out of clay, but didn't make it very far. And it wasn't until just today that I decided to try again! And I am very happy how it is turning out this time; take a look!
UntitledUntitledUntitled
So, it is in the very first, rough stages at the moment. I don't have class again until Monday, so it will sit over the weekend and dry up a bit so I can smooth it out and add more details. I can't wait to finish this one! :D

What do you guys think? And I have some new hand-drawn pony stuff I need to get uploaded... hopefully I can show everyone this weekend. :)

Edited on by Gioku

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,679. Posted:

Happy weekend everypony!

And so the great pony drought of 2014 begins!

But don't worry my fellow bronies, there will be lots of fan content coming so don't forget to post some if you find it; and don't forget the new Equestria Girls, I am hoping it would be as fun as the first one. Of course I will keep bringing you amazing Fanfiction for your pony story needs.

@Gioku Hey you are right there was no smeel for Surprise. Awesome job as usual! And that clay figure does start to look like Flutters, good luck I am sure it will end up nicely.

@Lunapplebloom Pss pss, you just reviewed #18, #19 hasn't come out yet. Other than that, it was very solid review, a lot more focused. See, you are getting better.

@Rocko52 When did I become I brony? Mmm, as other people I already wrote that somewhere in this thread. Not a big story. It was May 2011 I think, I saw the recurring pony avatars and memes and wondered what was that about. Then this thread here appeared and I asked about it, I was told about the show and that it was all in youtube so I give it a go, since I give any animation a chance if I have the time. Unlike most people I liked the show from the first scene of the first episode, as most people I kept watching all episodes until I was done with season one. I came back here and thank the guys for recommending the show to me and just forgot about it, but kept an eye on this thread. Then one day someone mentioned a fan fiction called "Cupcakes" (do not by any means look for it nor read it) I googled it and found it in a site called Equestria Daily, I read it, and then read 5 or 6 different sequels to it... and then kept reading other fan fictions on that site, and then I was a brony. Came for the fan fiction stayed for all the content; I swear that summer I read every single post on EQD, watching and listening to every video, music piece and art they blogged about. I also started writing fan fiction myself, but then I became too busy and stressed to keep that up, but I at least managed to write something and I'm proud.

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The week,== more Trixie, because Trixie:
The Showstoppers by PingSquirrel
[On Fimfiction Adventure Incomplete Everyone]
Trixie had a warrant on her for her arrest. It would seem that enslaving an entire town is quite the heavy offence, even if you're under the influence of the Alicorn Amulet, and now, she has to keep a low profile or risk being hauled off, but keeping a low profile isn't something that the greatest showmare in Equestia (self-declared) could ever do for long.
After a random encounter she has decided to enter new kind of stage, with a new circle of allies, she is producing a new show (or, as the law would call it, con) with the goal of taking down the powerful and corrupt from behind the scenes. They are the Showstoppers.

This is a quite different approach to the idea of Trixie looking for redemption. Trixie has been on the run, and she hates it, then an accountant running from some thieves stumbles upon her. Now they both want to stop a bank robbery, but here comes the interesting part, Trixie goes to a fair where she used to work and asks for the help of some "specialists", and the more you read the more this feels like a Mission: Impossible kinda set up, which is good. The OCs are very well rounded and enjoyable, and Trixie is very much spot on, her motivations are well stablished and even though she is very relatable, she never stops being obnoxious. It has very few chapters, but this deserves a few more likes and favorites so the author decides to retake it.
Great writing.

And... Engage breezie mode:

Untitled

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,680. Posted:

@Twilight_crow Gotta love Seabreeze's expression on that. Nice find as always.

Catbugloggery