General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 14,621 to 14,640 of 14,849

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,621. Posted:

@Gioku Well, who knows. Now that i think about it Hasbro still alowed Lesson Zero. Which was rather creepy for MLP, so who knows?

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,622. Posted:

Heh, I still haven't seen last week's episode, and yet tomorrow will be the last episode prior to the season finale's 2-parter....

And I spoiled it for myself by finding out that a recurring character will be in it. Who? Who else.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,623. Posted:

Happy weekend everypony!

Busy week was busy. Thank Celestia for the weekend and ponies. :D

@Aqueous Wow, 300 fics posted (well 301 now :P). Surely some links are not working anymore but the fact that so many have been posted is amazing. I know that fan fiction is what I love the most of all the fan content for FiM. Let's hope it goes on for a long time.

@Gioku Definitely, a slightly darker and more serious adventure of MLP would be very much welcomed; fan fiction is great but something with music and animation, like some of the big fan works in progress, would be cool. Also, nice remix, I'd love to see you posting more songs weekly, haven't have time to check fan music lately.

I remember how we used to have other people posting stuff weekly but they all stopped for several reasons. I guess nopony is as crazy as me :P, haven't missed a post in... never?... I have had delays though.

Anyway, we finally got to the Equestria Games yay. I liked this one, but I have the feeling is going to be ripped apart by the brony analysis guys, is just a feeling. I was amazed how it didn't feel disjointed with how many things were happening, so I would say Posky has done worst.

Would have never expected this to be another Spike centered episode, But I am not complaining imho the little guy deserves more love and respect, and this last to episodes have done that well. He was such a sweet child in this episode, his worries and reactions seemed so real relatable, I cared for him a lot. Again I am amazed how Polsky managed to tie Spike's plot with a good, interesting broad view of the Equestria Games. Would have loved to see more of the games? Yes. Do I however understand that the show is about focusing on characters instead of big events? Why of course, so yeah I liked that the games took the back sit, while still being interesting and fun to watch.

Also, Celestia doesn't talk sooo... the rumors that the reason we didn't see much of Celestia or Cheerilee in this season was because Nicole Oliver was not available due to she working on a live action show seems very valid now.

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The week,== a great origin of the princesses story, with an interesting format:
Book of Days by Warren Hutch
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Incomplete Everyone]
The diary of Clover the Clever. Centuries ago, the wise mare recorded in it the events surrounding the origins and early lives of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Today, thanks to the princesses' gracious consent and the scholarship of the talented translator Twilight Sparkle, this account may now be read by modern Equestrians.

Another origin story for the princesses, but this one is quite original in both plot and presentation. Twilight is responsible for translating Clover the Clever diary, that is the basic premise. She will unveil an amazing story told by Clover, about how The Warming Heart that had been shining over Equestria transforms into an white, alicorn filly with powerful magic. The cuteness of the little Celestia tied with the roughness of the early Equestrian times tells a tale that traps you from the beginning, and there are also Twilight's great foot-notes. Celestia and Luna also join in with the foot-notes sometimes adding an incredibly compelling comedy relief. Without a doubt a one of a kind piece of literature.
Wonderful Writing.

And Trixie... nuff said:

Untitled

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,624. Posted:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

@Gioku Well, who knows. Now that i think about it Hasbro still alowed Lesson Zero. Which was rather creepy for MLP, so who knows?

Hmm... I thought the freakiest thing they had ever done was the Changelings, IMO... those were pretty scary by MLP standards! :O

@Twilight_Crow oh yeah, I feel the same way on that. I would want it to be official if it happened; Fan Fiction always has that... well... fan fiction-y feel to it, if that makes sense. That's not a bad thing, but if it were done I'd want the official studio to do it. :) And this is how you know my interest in something has gotten deep, is when I start coming up with new ideas for it and such. :D
And as far as the remixes, one of my favorite things is music, and then just last week I discovered 'hey, there's all this MLP music people have made!', so I started listening to it. :P

And on that note, here's my remix of the week:

Some Equestria Girls, because... I like Equestria Girls. :P

Still need to watch the newest episode; I am out of town for my aunt's wedding this weekend so... not a lot of time for watching cartoons, as is easily understandable... ;)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

14,625. Posted:

Hullo everypony, recently I've decided to get back into da ponies. I don't really know how it happened, but discussion of it/watching some more videos online/listening to some music/looking at art, all that good stuff led me to watch the first episode again, and it brought me back to two years ago when I first became a brony. Well, although I started to lose interest in it, the interest has been renewed, thus I am back. I should have you all know though, I have yet to watch any of Season 4, even though I plan to very soon.

Edited on by Rocko52

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,626. Posted:

I'm not caught up with the latest episode (I usually watch them after I download them, not from YT), but I did finally watch the one prior - "Inspiration Manifestation"

It was decent, but by the middle of the episode, I was expecting at least some pony to mention Discord, since he's the one that usually causes such mischievous changes. Of course he isn't really much for the fashionable changes that happened, but nonetheless. I also found out that Rarity is not made of marshmallow, but of vanilla oatswirl.....omnomnomnom. BTW......Spike ate the book. I wonder if Celestia will end up getting it the next time he burps.

Anyways, where are we with the RP? I want to say that I was the last to post, but I got to go through the pages to check.

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,627. Posted:

@Rocko52 hey, cool to see you here! I'm a rather new brony myself; though I've liked the show since like... 2012 I think. :P Only really got started getting into it last September. Season 4 is the first season I've really followed closely. :)
I may be a new-ish brony, but I am becoming quite the enthusiast! I'm also kinda a weirdo in the MLP fandom, because of how much I love Equestria Girls, too. :P

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,628. Posted:

So, going off of that song and darker MLP idea I had, I made this logo:
Untitled
And... man, it turned out really awesome, if I do say so myself! :D I really outdid myself with this, I absolutely love how it turned out! :D
It perfectly captures the feeling I was thinking of. :)

What do you guys think? :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,629. Posted:

@Gioku Nice looking logo! I like the metal look it has. Also yes changelings are very creepy indeed (the're even worse in the comics...) still i think crazy Twilight Sparkle is creepier. Also cute avatar btw

Newest episode was good, but nothing too special. At least Spike is getting some development that i like. But i swear at least half the cast has stage fright at this point.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

14,630. Posted:

That's a very cool logo indeed.

You know, it's kinda weird since it hasn't been that long, but I coming back to the ponies has sparked this strange, nostalgic feeling for 1 1/2- 2 years ago. I remember reading a ton of fics, loving the show, thinking about it a lot, looking up stuff about it, being pretty much obssessed with it, etc It's kinda fun but strange. Like when I rewatched the series opening yesterday, I remembered it very well, and it was almost as if I could hear echoes of my thoughts from back when I watched it the first and second time. I dunno, it's just an odd feeling.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,631. Posted:

Dang the new villain (for G4 at least) is so cool!

Can't wait for Saturday. Now that i've seen this i'm hyped!

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,632. Posted:

I got sucked into this channel today, which was probably not a good thing. xD

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

MasterGraveheart

14,633. Posted:

...Well that finale was freakin' epic! :O

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter: ccagraveheart

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,634. Posted:

Best. Finale. Ever!!!!

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

midnafanboy

14,635. Posted:

it finally ended and it was awesome

"I must purify the world" The batter from OFF
"CALL IT FRIENDO cause i can't ,it wouldn't be fair"
I'm here because you can't accept what you've done. It broke you. You needed someone to blame, so you cast it on me. A dead man."Konrad Spec op's the Line

3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: midnafanboy

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

14,636. Posted:

I KNEW IT the items themselves were the keys!

Also

holy mother of big manes

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,637. Posted:

Alright, watched the finale.
Spoiler-free impression:
Untitled

:P and full impressions (and some cool screen captures I took):

OK. Tirek has to be THE BEST villain I've seen in MLP:FiM so far. Holy crap. Remember that more serious-toned MLP idea I had earlier? Well this is pretty damn close to what I was thinking! :D I mean, he was really, really evil. He caused more destruction to Ponyville and Equestria in general than I have ever seen (Twilight's house....! :O (though it did get replaced. :P ))! The battle between Twilight and Tirek... that's the sort of battle I only expect from super hero cartoons! It reminded me strongly of Hulk vs. Thor... which is not something I ever expected out of MLP, and it was AWESOME. :D

(screen captures of EPIC TWILIGHT LAZOR that I took):
Untitled
Untitled

That had to be THE best fight scene in MLP:FiM, hands down. There is no debate, that was amazing.

Also I cannot get over the fact that the objects... they were the keys! xD They really were! xD And I thought we were just joking when we said that. xD

And all season, Discord had seemed pretty questionable still... but I think he has finally really 'learned his lesson' and changed his ways. I think Discord really is changed now.

Also, someone equated the transformations at the end to Mega Evolutions... :D ...I just saw it as new toys they will surely be releasing. :P

And, with all that out of the way, Tirek says "COME AT ME BRO(nies)!"
Untitled

A great season, with a great ending. Now the long wait (for me at least :P ) for Equestria Girls 2. :P

Edited on by Gioku

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,638. Posted:

Happy season finale weekend everypony!

I can see that many of you enjoyed the amazing final episodes of season 4, good stuff!

I really can't say much about it, it was definitely an overall very good experience. The animation an effects were the best ever, again, DHX have never stopped improving that, and it is quite a feat. Good pacing thanks to the fact that there were two episodes (and yet yes, it did felt rush at some parts), nice use of the trope everypony was expecting and a couple of surprises for us who didn't see any spoilers, so yeah good stuff.

That said... NOOOOO, NOT THE LIBRARY TREE!!!!!1one!! :'( .
This is not an exaggeration, it actually crushed my heart to see the tree blow up...I need time to mourn, so, you see, all the exposition of the episodes were erased from my mind the moment THAT happened (yeah, I get that easily attached to objects). At least there was some catharsis in that awesome Twilight vs. Tirek fight, and our ponies sent that %$#@¥! destroyer of innocent libraries back to Tartarus. So, yes I enjoyed the Super Rainbow Sayan ponies! it was over the top, but in a good way. Ok, McCarthy you did it again, I wasn't expecting this to touch me this much, best finale so far.

FoTW

So season 4 is over, but don't worry there are tons of good Fanfiction for any taste. Tonight on the ==Fic of The week,== something short because, honestly I was so excited about the season finale I didn't read much:
God In-Laws by Pearple Prose
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Complete Everyone]
Twilight and Celestia have been in a relationship for a while now, and Twilight decided that it was the right time to introduce her new marefriend to her parents. Celestia was nervous, of course, but thought little of it.
But when Twilight asks about Celestia's parents, things get far more complicated.
After all, It is always a little awkward when your parents aren't exactly ponies in the first place.

This little story contains some cute and mild Twilestia shipping as the description says, but the meat of the story lies in the mystery of Celestia's parents. The author really makes a great job in keeping them awkward and outlandish from beginning to end. Add the great counterpoint of the portrayal of Twilight's family and you get a very beautiful and deep piece, with a very interesting origin story implied. It is worth the read even if you don't like shipping.
Great writing.

And...

I will miss you.

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,639. Posted:

Thank you everyone for using your "spoiler" tags with regard to the finale. I have yet to see it (I just finished Ep 24), and I'll probably wait until YayPonies has it available. From what everyone is saying, I expect epicness. Is it both parts, or just one?

Edited on by Discostew

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,640. Posted:

@Discostew oh, I read a few of the "this was amazing" posts before watching it, and... I was not disappointed in the least. :)
...both parts were amazing, but the best stuff was in part two. ;)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery