General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 14,501 to 14,520 of 14,820

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,501. Posted:

Just finished watching the new episode, it was pure cuteness. :3

The birthday party thing made me want to cry, though... :'( But that ending...! Oh my goodness! So cute! :D
And the pony Rarity was designing for, Sapphire... something (lol :P ), I loved her voice! XD It was the best! :D

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,502. Posted:

@Gioku Neato then. To bad you can't work on it a bit more sooner, but at least you got a break. I look forward to possibly seeing it. :) Also, that video is hilarious. :D Not quite as good as some others I've seen, but this gets pretty close. Glad you enjoyed today's episode. :)

For any that may need a link to see the latest before it gets taken down...

I liked it.

I thought today's (Or is that yesterdays now?) was rather nice. I only saw it once, and was a little distracted at the time, but was memorable. And heck, any more Applebloom is good in my book. :P Polsky redeems himself here I feel, as Daring Don't still leaves a slightly bitter taste in my mouth from universe distortion, but that has mostly subsided by now. Still, this episode gave me such a Christmas Carol feeling once Luna showed up, taking on the roles of the ghost of Christmas past, present, and future. It was interesting to see the animation for the dream sequences, with more variation compared to Scootaloo's Episode 'Sleepless in Ponyville'. I liked how it ended as well compared to Sleepless, with Luna physically helping Sweetie Belle fix the mess she was in (Gotta love that dolphin design because of knowing ones dreams. That made me have a good laugh. :P ) Rarity was also funny to watch as always, with some good scenes. Overall, I enjoyed it, though I can't see much wrong. Maybe it's because I was partly distracted, but this was a solid episode. Not the best of the season in my eyes, but still good nonetheless.

Comic impression/review still coming, but for now, I leave you with this pic. Thought it was funny. :P
Untitled

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,503. Posted:

Will watch the newest episode later today. For now, here's some images I found hilarious (warning: they are about the last episode)

Untitled

Untitled

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,504. Posted:

New MLP art! :3
Untitled
I like this, I think I will keep going with this some more. :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

14,505. Posted:

Long time no see, folks!

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

14,506. Posted:

@Sylverstone Heeeeeeey!!!! :) How have you been? Last I remember, you were making a game, right? How's that been going?

@Lunapplebloom Not to rush you or anything, but I was curious if you took a look at my fic yet. :$

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

14,507. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

@Sylverstone Heeeeeeey!!!! :) How have you been? Last I remember, you were making a game, right? How's that been going?

I've been well - lots of crazy things happening on my end. Changed majors, did a bit of soul-searching, yadda yadda.

The game went through a fair bit of developmental hell for the bulk of 2013, since I really couldn't find time to work on it, but it's still in production. I've re-adopted the simplistic model that the game was going for, and once I break for the summer, I'll have a ton of time to work on it. I'm also considering a return to BronyCon this year as well.

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,508. Posted:

Hey Bronies! Phew, late post, electric power went out from Saturday night to Sunday, and then I had some HW to do. But here is my weekly post. :D

@PinkiePie Hey there, I saw the post you made in one of the site's news. We are all friends here in the Brony thread. Welcome to the NLife herd. :)

@GuardianKing Hi! I am glad to know you are still writing. I have no time for that anymore :(. Sorry, I don't read humanized ponies, nothing personal, good luck with the story.

@Gioku You must be already tired of me telling you how nice your art is... but it is.

@Sylverstone Glad to see you around! Good Luck with your projects.

For Whom the Sweetie Belle Tolls, THAT is a smart title. I can say that I like the episode, but it was a little too surreal for me, I really, really need to watch it again.

I am happy Luna got another episode, but can't stop feeling bad for Celestia, she hasn't even have a cameo all season. :(

I think I can tell for sure, the dream sequence was expertly made, well design from beginning to end, and with a wonderful animation. Even if surreal stuff is not for me, I can say it was the highlight of the episode. But most will just say the best was Luna. :P

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The week,== another one shot from Drake Clawfang; I like his style:
A Great And Powerful Legacy Special by Drake Clawfang
[On Fimfiction Comedy Complete Everyone]
A visit to the Canterlot archives reveals to Twilight Sparkle that Star Swirl the Bearded, the most famous unicorn in Equestrian history, had a son! In an investigation spree she tracks down the family line down the centuries, and discovers a direct descendant of Star Swirl still living today. She sets out to meet this "Beatrix Lulamoon", who surely is a great and powerful unicorn worthy of her heritage with a wealth of ancestral knowledge to share... right?

A funny short that puts Twilight and Trixie in an awkward situation that then leads to the discovering of Stars Swirl true legacy. Full with little details, and giving our mares a nice personality, it is something simple and funny to read that has the spirit of the show.
Good writting.

And... Praise the Sun? That is why I've been telling everypony all this time!
Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

MasterGraveheart

14,509. Posted:

I think Season 4 so far has been on pace to out-awesome Season 2 in every conceivable way. While I'll always consider Luna Eclipsed, Lesson Zero, The Last Roundup (Derpy version), and A Canterlot Wedding series classics, I feel that, start to now, that Season 4 has had the far more memorable episodes and it's a great sign for the series going forward, even if the magic box just ends up being a toy tie-in. Those aren't always bad things, y'know. Just look at, gasp, A Canterlot Wedding! ;)

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter: ccagraveheart

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,510. Posted:

@Twilight_Crow I never get tired of getting compliments! :3
...if nobody liked my art I wouldn't keep making it. I know I'm doing something right when I get compliments. :) (so thank you! ^.^ )

@MasterGraveHeart I'm totally with you on that, I'm totally loving this season! ...I guess I chose a good time to start watching the show regularly. :D

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,511. Posted:

Great episode this Saturday. Love the title it had too.
<- Sweetie Belle is still best CMC!

@Gioku Is that inspired by Tom Burton?

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,512. Posted:

@CorporalPegasus kinda, yeah. I dunno if I was directly inspired, but anything with that sort of style makes people think 'Tim Burton', lol. :P

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,513. Posted:

Untitled
This just happened in the official comics! Mama mia!

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,514. Posted:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

Untitled
This just happened in the official comics! Mama mia!

lol that's awesome! XD

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,515. Posted:

@Gioku Nice drawing there. Yep, it's very Tim Burton looking, but more art from you is always a joy to see. :)

@Sylverstone Nice to hear more from you. Hope you get all the kinks worked out of the game, and have a good time at Bronycon if you go again. How I envy you on Bronycon... :P

@CorporalPegasus Ahem... That is not how you spell Applebloom. Infact, that's not what she looks like either. What game are you playing. ;) :P But cool find on the comic. I wasn't going to look into the preview this time, but that was totally worth it. :D It'sa me, Mario!

@GuardianKing Best just to consider that I haven't read it yet if I haven't posted about it. Things have been very busy for me, so looking into your story will take a bit. I will inform you when I have a moment though, but didn't realize it was humanized till Twilight_Crow mentioned it. That will dampen it for me a little, but will read it regardless since I said I would. But yeah, just need to give me some time.

@Twilight_Crow Glad everything is ok with you from that blackout. That story can't help but make me think of that comic Cover with Trixie and Star Swirl. Makes me think she was going back just to get some magical notes and tips from her great great great grandpapy. :P Will take a look when I can though. Nice pic as well. :)

And it's that time again... Also, sorry to have this come out so late. I can usually push one out in a day or so after I read it, but it's been a while coming for me to be able to get some time to write. But anyways...

Comic Time

Alright, this time we have the first of a new four part arc in the mane comic series of Friendship is Magic, issue #17.
Untitled
I usually use the main cover, but couldn't resist using the Hot Topic Variant this time.

Spoilers follow from here, but I think this is one of the best issue arcs of MLP coming on here from reading this one. I loved it, and definitely a nice one to start off on. :)

First thing to say about this issue is that I didn't know what I was going to be witnessing here. At first, I thought it was the Equestria Girls mirror that Celestia had gone through, but was happily surprised that it was a different mirror. If there is one thing that I thank Equestria Girls for now, it's the new ability it gives the comic writers to explore the avenue of alternate universes. "But what's this about alternate universes?", You say. Sorry, getting ahead of myself... The issue starts out with Celestia suddenly jumping through another mirror that's she been holding onto inside the castle. Her disappearance does not go unnoticed as Luna makes the corner to the room Celestia was in right before she vanishes. In somewhat shock, Luna tries to call out to her to come back, but to no avail. She then calls upon Twilight and her friends to investigate, and thus, the comic's story begins. I loved the fact that we get to see more of Celestia's royal advisor and schedule keeper, Kibitz. He only has a few brief moments, but it's nice to see a little continuity start to take shape in the comics own universe little by little. And the brief moments we see Luna trying to impersonate Celestia was hilarious, and showed just how dedicated she can be for the stability of Equestria. The mane six were still their entertaining self as they investigated the old cave labyrinth of Star Swirl. Speaking of which, it's lovely we get to see a little more of what Star Swirl is like in the comics continuity standpoint. The Flashback we get with him and Celestia really brings character to his name, and not just a faceless name to drop because he was the greatest unicorn to ever live. Here, we see he's a sprightly older pony, who clearly enjoys his research, and experiments. He kinda makes me think of Doc Brown from Back to the Future in a way... Anyways, the mane six soon find Star Swirls Library, and begin their investigation through the old literature. I'd like to stop and say that Twilight gets some good development here that the TV show is seemingly ignoring for the time being for some reason, but I guess that's the point of the comic. It's to explore other things that are not quite easy to put into 22 minutes of animated showtime. But anyways, here we see her struggling with what she thought she was going to be when she was Celestia's pupil, and what she has actually become, and if she can actually still pursue both a Princess lifestyle as well as being like her original striving to be like Star Swirl. I enjoy that dynamic, and makes her more grounded as a character that way with some very real issues. Moving on though, they discover that Star Swirl had been working on dimensional travel, and that is how the Equestria Girl Mirror came to be, and how the other one came into existence. Now we're caught up to speed with what I was saying earlier. It's neat to see the writers take something that was introduced in a movie that wasn't necessarily what everyone wanted, and make it into something more interesting. As long as we have good writers like that working the series, we'll all be A-OK for the long haul. We then see a few scenes where Celestia and Star Swirl go to many different dimensions and time periods (Almost Doctor Who like, and that Fluttershy T-Rex scene from the first try had me laughing in stitches. :D ) , and then something happens with Celestia continuously sneaking off to a particular world to see a particular somepony. Star Swirl soon catches wind that something is off, and seals off the mirror for both world's sakes. It's interesting to see Star Swirl being a father figure to Celestia, and that he has as much say in the matter that he does. Oh well something to speculate I guess. With Twilight's new found knowledge of the events that had taken place all those years ago, they decide to report back to Luna, who Spike is helping by playing a good game of Monopony. :P After briefing Luna a little on what they know, Celestia suddenly returns utterly bruised and scrapped, and a shadow figure is seen through the mirror which looks like King Sombra. And that is the end of this issue. I found this issue very enjoyable and memorable. It had some great funny moments, Andy Price is as great an artist as ever to capture the feeling of the story and slide in a few cameos, as well as great history into the the past with Celestia and Star Swirl. What happens yet though remains to be seen, but this is a great starting point to a promising arc. And was that actually King Sombra at the end, or somepony else entirely? I guess we'll have to find out.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,516. Posted:

@Lunapplebloom thanks! :)
...it's the eyes, I tell ya. You put eyes like that on a character, and everyone thinks 'Tim Burton', lol. :P
...but I like doing the eyes like that, so whatever. :P

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,517. Posted:

Check it out! I just made this custom sticker for TrackMania² Stadium:
Untitled
Now I've got Fluttershy with me on the racetrack! :D

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

14,518. Posted:

You're next Apple Bloom, can't escape it. >: )

Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV) and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Volke93

14,519. Posted:

Well, since I'm here I'll do my ratings for all the S4 episodes so far (points are in stars, and vary from 1 to 5 stars):

Princess Twilight Sparkle: 5 stars;
Castle Mane-ia: 5 stars;
Daring Don't: 4 stars;
Flight to the Finish: 5 stars;
Power Ponies: 5 stars (yes, I'm serious, I freaking love this episode despite it's so hated);
Bats!: 5 stars;
Rarity Takes Manehattan: 5 stars;
Pinkie Apple Pie: 4 stars;
Rainbow Falls: 1 star;
Three's Crowd: 5 stars;
Pinkie Pride: 5 stars;
Simple Ways: 4 stars;
Filli Vanilli: 5 stars;
Twilight Time: 5 stars;
It ain't easy being breezies: 3 stars;
Somepony to watch over me: 1 star;
Maud Pie: 5 stars;
For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils: 5 stars.

So 13 episodes are in my favorites, 3 are good, 1 ok, and 2 disliked. This season is going REALLY well so far. At this rate it will become my favorite without doubt.

Volke93

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

14,520. Posted:

I think everybody here liked the power ponies episode.

I have liked them all myself. Maybe my least favorite so far has been the one where Rarity and Applejack trade stereotypes for a day.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok