General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 14,441 to 14,460 of 14,743

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

14,441. Posted:

I don't think we can really say which episodes have keys yet.

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Volke93

14,442. Posted:

The season four is NOT going bad, are you bronies that have turned into complete jerks and are throwing s**t on it just for fun (to me Rainbow Falls was awful and the Breezies episode was a little bit boring, but other than that, I really loved every other episodes in the season...). This is the truth...

Edited on by Volke93

Volke93

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,443. Posted:

@Volke93 well I've really enjoyed every episode this season, and as far as I know so has everyone else here (there have been a few clunkers, yes, but nothing too terrible) so I'm not sure where you're seeing this, it's certainly not around here...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

14,444. Posted:

Volke93 wrote:

The season four is NOT going bad, are you bronies that have turned into complete jerks and are throwing s**t on it just for fun (to me Rainbow Falls was awful and the Breezies episode was a little bit boring, but other than that, I really loved every other episodes in the season...). This is the truth...

I think you got the wrong fan thread, nobody here has been hating on S4 at all.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

14,445. Posted:

The Ponies Part II

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

14,446. Posted:

@Volke93 uh, nobody's hating on S4 here as far as i know.

Anny toughts on the new ep? It was cute i guess but kinda forgetabble

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,447. Posted:

I have yet to watch the episode with the Breezies. Just been too busy. And now a new episode is out that need to watch at some point.

@Lunapplebloom When I went looking for a Twilight plush from 4DE on eBay, I noticed a separate auction for something you might be interested in.
Untitled
It looks decent, but up close with the various images taken on the auction, the materials it is made out of look worn out in multiple spots.

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,448. Posted:

Good episode today! I liked it a lot more than the Breezies one, even though Fluttershy wasn't in this one. ;)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

14,449. Posted:

Happy weekend everypony!

@Aqueous You are right. We don't know if those ARE the keys or something else entirely. I'd like to be surprised by the writers with the box arc's end. :)

@Lunapplebloom Great review of the FF #2 comic.

I agree with you, so far the art of the FF series has been subpar compared to the main comic or the micro-series. However, I liked the plot of #2 more than #1's. It was better thought, funny and the the visual gags and pop culture references really made me laugh. Can't wait for the Celestia and Spike issue next week, hoping for the best. ;)

Somepony to Watch Over Me, Yet another simple but enjoyable episode. I do think it was lots better than the Breezies' one.

I have to say that after seeing that one again, I can see that is not as good as I thought, I myself ignored the whole exposition about the why, where and how about the Breezies, it seems it was the right thing to do, since said exposition is absolutely ridden with plotholes and contrivances. That was bad written and made the episode boring, but, they have to sell the toys, and they didn't made the usual good job at getting a good story out of the commercial, well no one is perfect, and it was not a terrible episode, so let's hope they do better next time Hasbro has a new product to sell, as usual.

Back to today's episode:

Chimera... that's it.

Well, that was the best at least. :P Seriously, it was not just a great design, but the character of the crearture was great too. Awesome job.

I loved Applebloom here, she felt so organic, the classic kid that wants to prove she has grown up and bites more than she can chew. The plot of the episode was simple, a common trope, and I believe somepony else here mentioned how a few episodes taking it easy was not bad, and It did have its special moments. More of how AJ can go a little bonkers when it comes to family matters, was a little too much imho, but it was funny, so I am going to accept the rule of fun this time. Also, awesome world building of how Equestria indeed is less safe than at first glance, ponies are just used to it.

FoTW

And something a bit odd for tonight's on the ==Fic of The week:==
Take Two by LordBrony2040
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Incomplete Everyone]
There is a new unicorn in Ponyville, she is a little odd, but she led the charge against Nightmare Moon and saved the world, so the locals are cutting her some slack. It’s still kind of creepy how she just seems to know everypony’s name, or their habits, or even some stuff nopony else should know, and the fact she thinks a talking purple lizard that breathes fire is her son.
But hey, this Twilight Sparkle girl can’t be all that bad, right?

Here goes a brand new story that, at the time of this post, is just starting. So, It is just a few days after the defeat of Nightmare Moon and Twilight Sparkle is acting really weird. Maybe because this Twilight is not the same Twilight, since the story barely started I can only be sure of one thing, this Twilight came from the future and took old Twilight's body... her mission: FIX EVERYTHING!
With some dark connotations and some comedy thrown in, this looks like a promising take on the idea of rewriting season 1, with a twist.
Decent writing.

And more Twilight... with Scepter... there is never too much scepter.
Untitled

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,450. Posted:

I agree with @Aqueous, we don't truly know what the real purpose is for these items. It's most likely that they will be used in some fashion of importance, but to early to say they are keys, especially when they don't fit. :P

@Volke93 I'm not sure what you mean. Everyone has been quite civil here, but anyways...

@Discostew Untitled
Ooo... I do like the look of that. Granted, I do think the color scheme is a bit off overall, with there just being one solid color for the mane and body. I'll keep an eye on that one however, and thanks for the info. :)

@Moorpheel Haha. Love that series. The guy is pretty talented, though I hope he finishes his Twilight Portal animation at some point. It's been ages, though that is both good and bad.

@Twilight_Crow Thanks. :) Yeah the art has been a little, but here's hope for Spike and Celestia. We never see them interact one on one much, so that should at least be an entertaining combo. I also saw a preview, and seems like this one is being drawn by the one who did the Spike Micro comic, which I don't mind. And nice looking story, and loved your little nod to 'It's About Time'. and that Scepter sure is making the rounds. :D

And since it's a new episode, I'll need to keep up. First is previous...

Loved the breezies in the last episode. They were just the right cute for my tastes, and Sea Breeze was a funny little guy in his accent. Not the greatest though, with the plot being a bit weak, but still entertaining to see. My Highlights though is Applejack Breezy, and Doctor Whooves cameo. As said though otherwise, it was at least a bit entertaining, but nothing special.

And now for this weeks...

What?! An Applebloom episode, and a slight adventure one at that?! That's just what I always wanted! :D It may be my liking of the 2 focused characters that makes me a little biased, but this is now one of my most favored episodes this season. Applejack did come off a little too overprotective for her little sister, what with all the times Applebloom has bucked apples out of a tree before, and done all sorts of chores without any needed helmet for protection. All I can think of is that Applejack snapped a little when she was leaving with Big Mac, and the overprotective side of her started to show a ton. Also the fact that Applebloom is the only little sister she has, and I can kinda see it. But anyways, I believe they mixed the over the top with the grounded just enough to make it not to out of place to me. And lest I forget, this is a cartoon. :P Anyways, loved the segment where the CMCs were about to go into song, and then halted it quickly (Though I wish it would have continued), and a nice (or should I say horrifying :P ) new creature to have an action piece with. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. :)

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

ToastyYogurt

14,451. Posted:

Wow. Looks like I stopped watching season 4 too early.

I might be the only one here that didn't like a lot what I watched of S4. Until now I watched up to episode 8, and the only two episodes I liked which I can name are Castle-Mania and Rarity Takes Manhattan. The rest were tolerable, but didn't hold me. I haven't found the time to watch more until now.

Just watched Pinkie Apple Pie. Got to be the best episode I've seen in a long time, really gives me hope for the rest of season 4 The jokes were great and plentiful, Pinkie Pie and the Apples shined beautifully in personality, and I do love me a good road trip story.

But the best part? Redeemed Pinkie Pie for me. Throughout season 3 (Too Many Pinkie Pies is kind of an exception, there might be others, my memory of S3 is kinda hazy) and what I watched of season 4 until now, I felt like most of the time, they weren't using Pinkie Pie in the way that made me warm up to her and eventually love her. A lot of my favorite episodes from season 1 were where she played a prominent, outspoken, and hilarious role, while not being the pony targeted by the moral, a la Feeling Pinkie Keen or Green Isn't Your Color. Lately when she appeared, it was mostly alongside the rest of the Mane 6 whilst making cheap comedy relief. It felt like they only included her in those episodes because they couldn't leave her out. Castle-Mania was close to what I liked of her, but she wasn't able to be funny until the end. But Apples to the Core brought back the Pinkie Pie I knew and love. She was there not out of pure necessity, but for the sake of the plot. She was back to actually being funny, whilst playing a part in the advancement of the story. I'm not going to put too much hope into that happening again soon, but at least I know someone on the writing crew still knows how to do a Pinkie Pie.

I can't watch more now, but I can't wait to. I've heard good things about the rest of the season, and now I know I'm not in a weird place where I can't get into the show anymore because of some kinda mood block.

EDIT: Did I mention the song? That has to be my favorite Pony song now.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

Loggeroggery! (Now Playing)
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,452. Posted:

@ToastyYogurtTime that really is the best episode of the season in my eyes, and still holds the spot for now. You'll like the ones that come after, but all in all, this one still tops the pile... For now anyways. ;) And there are still some great Pinkie moments to come.

And some art, but can still be spoilery to some that haven't watched a past episode, so I'll just put it in Spoilers.

I'm still on my Doctor kick though, so here is some art I found most lovely. Untitled

Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,453. Posted:

Oh, are we talking about favorite episodes this season? For me it was (I'm terrible with episode names) the one with Fluttershy with the 'Pony-tones'. I just loved that one! :D
Close runner-ups would be 'Rarity takes Manehattan' and the other one with Rarity where she tries to be like Applejack. Those ones were perfect for me too! :D

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,454. Posted:

@Gioku all those seem to have Rarity in them. :P Nice selection though.

:O I just stumbled on this today, and it's awesome....

I hope they go far with this one!

Previously Applejacklove
Applebloom is best CMC!

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,455. Posted:

@Lunapplebloom huh...? ...oh, I suppose they do, don't they? XD I guess I'm in a Rarity mood right now, hahaha! :D

This newest one though, with Apple Bloom and co. was great, too, though! That one's right up there near the top for me, too. :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

14,456. Posted:

@Gioku Oh, so it wasn't intentional? ;) Well, to be honest, every one of the mane 6 are in them, so makes my argument null... :P But last one really sticks with me as one of the all timers this season, but as I said before, I'm biased. Which btw, we need to exchange friend codes sometime. :) I've been meaning to do that for a while, but it constantly slips my mind.

Previously Applejacklove
Applebloom is best CMC!

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,457. Posted:

@Lunapplebloom I have what is considered the "poster" of Raycord Legends for my desktop that I think was linked here not too long ago, and I joked about there being a game about it, but I did not expect this. I do have a quibble about it though. While I think the cutscene portions looks fantastic, the in-game design feels rather poor. Levels are shown to be a single background layer when the atmosphere calls for more like the game it is mimicking. Raycord's running movements just don't give the sense that he is running, but more like he's trying to take really large steps. I understand this is probably an early version, so maybe they'll work it out. I do see that they are using Unity3D to make the project, and I myself have begun to tinker with that software, but they are far more proficient to at least get this far with it to make something.

I finally got around to watching the last 2 episodes. I won't go into detail as I have with the previous ones, but I thought both were enjoyable.

I originally thought the Breezies episode was going for the more cutesy (as opposed to simply cute) scenario and rather cringe-worthy (which is why I waited so long to watch it), but was happily proven wrong. It's also funny that this had one more example of an Equestria creature with questionable "language", even though we don't understand what they are saying. I know we've had episodes where one character would put another down, but this seemed to take it a bit further. As far as the "Somepony to Watch Over Me" episode, I enjoyed it a lot more than the Breezies episode, getting me to laugh quite a number of times (football helmets are what got me the most). Unfortunately, the episode was ruined by the chimera part imo. wish that could have been done better. At least the episode ended on a better note, getting me to laugh at least one more time ("Awww my momma, don't be like that!", and the crowd right after that with one pony doing a Charlie Brown dance). Cheezburger is just swarmed with references and memes to this episode.

Edited on by Discostew

AuthorMessage

Gioku

14,458. Posted:

@Lunapplebloom hahaha, I think I will go on thinking that I was subconsciously choosing Rarity episodes. XD

Oh, and my friend code is always with me, you can add me any time! :)
↓↓

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Discostew

14,459. Posted:

Actually, I wonder when this Raycord Legends game will be taken down by Hasbro. From what I understand, the reason why Fighting is Magic got a Cease and Desist order was because of the quality associated with it. It's polished look makes it seem like the people at Mane6 got a license implicitly from Hasbro when no license was gained at all. There is also its appearance at EVO (the largest and longest-running fighting game tournaments in the world) and possible usage of donations from that event that may have led Hasbro to make the decision they did in the end (kinda like Nintendo originally had Smash Bros Melee taken down from EVO events, but has since been reverted). Let's not forget the game itself, where ponies are beating each other up for victory. that may be the "mane" reason for it getting the axe.

Now, Raycord Legends isn't some game where ponies are beating up each other for the sake of genre, but more about mischievousness by the one and only spirit of chaos himself, keeping him in character (though we don't know what else the designers plan). Still, the game looks rather good from a visual perspective (though I have my quibbles about the actual gameplay), and I feel the game is going to get the axe if they don't release it prior to Hasbro making a move.

I wonder, with all these fan-made games, how many of them ask Hasbro first for permission before showing off their work? I would imagine the number would be slim to zilch because of the possibility of Hasbro saying no, so rather than ask, they work on them in secret until they want to show them off. I've had my own ideas of an MLP-based game (the latest one in the form of a fighting side-scroller in the style of the arcade TMNT and Simpsons games, where you aren't fighting fellow ponies but against oppositions like Chrysalis's, smaller dragons, and bosses like Discord and Nightmare Moon) but with these C&D orders going all over the place, I feel that rather than waste years of my life making such a game, I'd ask them first.

AuthorMessage

Volke93

14,460. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN6vjn19uf8

Hoping this video will serve to something.

To the haters of the show that are hating it since Lesson Zero (the first episode where Lauren Faust didn't work anymore of it): she is gone, make it a reason, or find another cartoon to watch and ruin.

Volke93