Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 14,348

ToastyYogurt

That is just too awesome.
EDIT: Just watched ALL OF THEM.... that beat will probably be stuck in my head....
[youtube:0w3k28zfoM0]

@MasterGraveHeart: Blu-Ray Brony? What about people stuck with DVD players like me?

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

MasterGraveheart

@Destroyer64: Well, what self-respecting company would only release one format at this day and age?

(Yes, we'd want DVDs too, but Blu-Ray Brony just has alliteration, lol)

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Syrup

MasterGraveheart wrote:

@Destroyer64: Well, what self-respecting company would only release one format at this day and age?

ahem
Untitled

DVD only release.

Edited on by Syrup

Aqueous

@Destroyer64 - Still he's no Bugs Bunny. As for Equestria, Lauren Faust already left the crew and as we go through season 2, less and less of the work will be her's.

@the_shpydar - I wish that was not true.

@Twilight_Crow - I eagerly await the final chapter. I'm going to dig through again later, see if I missed anything, seeing as you want it prefect. Good luck with the last chapter. Also are you sure it's not your thing, a bad book I just see the words on the page and very little of what's happening, an okay book I can see images most of the time as I read with a few points I can't. A good book takes me into the story and let's me see everything as it unfolds as if I was there. The best however, removes every last one of my thoughts, removes my knowledge of time's passage and has me read without stop (unless I'm rereading or unable to finish in one sitting because of life) and just leaves me going through the book world, bouncing between the character's and just being there, seeing things, uninterrupted by the writing or errors. I have not been there very often and only my first read gives me that perfectly, I can normally play through parts of those books later at my own leisure in my head. Your writing is the closest I have been to that since The Hitch Hiker's Guide to The Galaxy just over two years ago, though there was the book, last year called the Book Thief but I was reading for my English course which took from it a bit, that and the opening was slow but BEST DEATH EVER AS A CHARACTER (I like Royal Canterlot caps). Before that the Pendragon series, which stabbed it's self at the end of the last one. Before that InkHeart, though the following two did not have quite the same effect and lastly before that Harry Potter, the books that made me a reader originally. You've successfully taken reality and my thoughts away, plus removed my knowledge of time. So your very good, keep going, it's becoming a rare experience for me and one I sadly miss. I just wish the internet wasn't so distracting while I read yours, it keeps breaking the illusion of the images, characters and locations. I'll keep watching and will happily check your writing if it helps you, but I warn you now, I'll be picky, if I check it.

One other thing I noticed, you have no space between Note: and Hi in the ending paragraph where you wrote to the readers. It's currently Note:Hi
Also found " my vsion on the" under your note, I think you want vision instead of vsion.
I had to look up the meaning of especial, I'm shocked, I never knew of that one and AP English gave me a whole list of words dying out of the language.

@SquiggleTail - Why did you have to show the train it frustrates me to no end. I mean they can't keep train travel consistent, argh. First they have it pulled by ponies, which made no sense to me as it clearly had a smokestack and could move on the burning of coal or wood but I resigned saying perhaps it's just a decoration and ponies pull trains in Equstria instead of having it burn anything and clog up the air, as it's a problem like dragon smoke. But no the next time we see a train it's running not under pony power but by steam, argh. I was going to rip my hair out at that. I can't stand inconsistency, especially when it messes with logic and things already established. I did not care about the opening one because I never trust openings for being consistent.

Not as much as I use to years ago before I got into gaming but, this song says why it bugs me likely more then anything else the show could do in the form of inconsistency,
[youtube:hHkKJfcBXcw]
I don't care for all the blood and death though. Better yet I find somepony's project,
[youtube:09CarhVhNU0]
Yay, ponified version is coming

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

MasterGraveheart

@SquiggieTail: In all fairness, Blu-Ray players play DVDs too. I just think it'd be a darn shame if such beautiful HD animation was squandered out of potential ownership for those who want the physical media.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Aqueous

@SquiggleTail - Meh, it's only terrible toy trains. I've had enough of those, not to care. However I still have the good ones.
Untitled
Also Swapnote for you Squiggles

Edited on by Aqueous

MasterGraveheart

...I like train sets. >.>

lol, to be more specific, I like actual train sets that aren't necessarily made as toys, but rather display models. I had one as a kid and it's in storage now. But, I agree with Aqueous... the ponies pulling the train in Over A Barrel was just plain confusing, especially since the engine itself was proven to be in working order... those must be some fast ponies. Where were they when Doc Brown needed 'em in the year 1885? ^^;

MasterGraveheart

Aqueous

@MasterGraveheart - I have no idea, but you reminded me, I have to see more then the end of the last of them (forgot movie title). Really only display, MasterGraveheart? I'm guessing you mean the ones that are built to look like the really trains, proper electronic ones?

Well most of mine sit as display right now, if I had room to set them up I'd play with them again and mean the ones that aren't in a massive box right now. I have the real sets and Lego ones, though I need to clear the tracks to use the Lego. The HO scale is set up but at my Grandad's unfinished though and then my n scale is in a box. Someday I hope to set them up again and watch them, particularly the HO, the gliding sound they make is so nice and relaxing.

Still back on topic I'm glad to see I'm not the only one confused by the train. I love this show but this is one of the few things it bothers me with. Sadly what bother's me digs in deep, aside from the eyes now, I've starting not caring at all about them, odd considering I made lots of strange faces as I struggled to watch, the eyes use to scared me. Speaking of which I just noticed that I've been able to listen to the opening, watch entire episodes with out pausing and never having to stop the singing any more either, on top of the eyes and it's been this way for the past few weeks. Hmm... guess it makes being a brony easier if I can watch without pause.

Edited on by Aqueous

MasterGraveheart

Well, they were made for structure and display... but I played with them, heh. Yeah, it was a realistic train model. The smoke stack even emitted smoke. And the movie was called "Back to the Future." ^^;

MasterGraveheart

ToastyYogurt

I've only ever gotten creeped out from the eyes when the iris becomes a crapload bigger than the center of the pupil.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

Twilight_Crow

@Aqueous Oh My Celestia, you are just too kind; comparing my stuff, even if just a bit, with good books like that, well thank you. (the Harry Potter series are my favorite books, toghether with The Lord of The Rings). I'd never written in english before The Perfect Night Sky, maybe the language helped, cause I like english more than spanish. Honestly, I don't like writting much, my slow typing or handwritting can't keep up with my brain and it gets messy . I've made stories all my life though, have thousands of notes on unwritten stories, I guess that paid off too.

Who said the third is the last chapter? I'm going through the full 1000 years baby . Well no, but the story ends with closure for Celestia and Luna after she is back, something that was completely left aside on the show. Luna's Lament inspired me on that, they need freaking closure. Trying something different for that chapter. The lenght of Celestia's arc however, depends completely on how well recieved the story is. It can be very especific and even include a cute little side story. Or fast and to the point. Depends on the bronies.

Thanks again, for cheking my writting and noticing those typos, they always escape my eyes. Be picky, oh please in the name of Luna, be picky.

Now, TRAINS... I don't like trains sorry :/. But the inconsistency, I hate those, but it's pretty obvious why it happened, and is not worth to feel bad about it. Look at SquiggleTails picture up there. Yep, they changed the way trains work in Equestria (and the opening for that matter), because it had to fit their little product there. They have to sell them toys. Don't get mad at the FiM crew, I'm sure they had no choice.

@Destroyer64 The point of those eyes is to creep out... Oh they're goooood!

AND NOW, the fic of the week:
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3326/Redemption
Like My Little Dashie, but more Princessy. And the autor promised an actual ending.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

CorporalPegasus

Lol, just saw the dutch dub, hilarious, only Fluttershy sounds good, the rest of the mane 6 sounds like they are 40 years old. Oh and Spike has the exact same voice as the dutch Ash Ketchum. Oh and half of the voice actors are dutch and the other half belgian. Its a mess, but kinda funny.

IGOR!

ToastyYogurt

Hmm, a fan fic like My Little Dashie? That story tore me up inside, in a happy way. (Might've had to do with the fact that it was being read to me....), I guess I'll give this one a look then.

I'm pretty okay.

ToastyYogurt

SquiggleTail wrote:

MasterGraveheart wrote:

ahem
Untitled

DVD only release.

Doesn't surprise me. Kids don't care how high def their cartoons are, and sense DVDs are cheaper and can be played by Blu-Ray players, seems like the option they would take.

Besides, isn't Blu-Ray still having a rather hard time being adopted?

I'm pretty okay.

Aqueous

@Destroyer64 - Me it's the massive staring pupils but the ponies don't bug me any more but the stuff animals still do, if I can find a picture I'll show you but they are not ponies. As for the Blu-Ray, I think I heard they are picking up speed, but yeah I hear they are pricey or were.

@MasterGraveheart - not sure how accurate some of mine but at least one is based off a real train, I have the smoke stuff for it but it sounded risky, so I never used it.

@Twilight_Crow - I forgot Artemis Fowl and Airman, particularly Artemis Fowl, I love our little villain that severs as our protagonist for those books. Take this as far as you like, I'll follow and play editor (or one of them) if you wish, but you just asked me to be picky, I hope you don't regret that. I love how I'm bad at English and I've been asked to check high quality work, life is funny.

I should really read this Lord of the Rings I keep hearing about. Also mad, I'm not mad, just frustrated, mad is much worse, so much worse. Also I guessed the train was not by choice but still inconsistent!

My current expression
http://danyiddunn.deviantart.com/art/Rarity-is-not-amused-277...

Edited on by Aqueous

ToastyYogurt

Private-Pegasus wrote:

Lol, just saw the dutch dub, hilarious, only Fluttershy sounds good, the rest of the mane 6 sounds like they are 40 years old. Oh and Spike has the exact same voice as the dutch Ash Ketchum. Oh and half of the voice actors are dutch and the other half belgian. Its a mess, but kinda funny.

Got a link?

I'm pretty okay.

Syrup

Scene: My bedroom/My bed
Time: 2:00 a.m.
MERE HOURS BEFORE I HAD TO WAKE UP AND GO TO SCHOOL

I couldn't sleep... No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't close my eyes and drift off to dream land.
I tossed and I turned...
Until, finally, I gave up and turned on my 3DS.
I thought, 'Since it looks like I'm not going to sleep any time soon, I might as well read something online... Maybe some Pony Fan Fiction.'

Shortly, I opened up the 3DS Internet Browser, and headed over to FanFiction.net...
Unbeknownst to me, I was about to encounter something...so...strange, something that deserves the attention of everybody... And soon, everyone will know the wrath of this extraordinarily disturbing abomination, that makes even the sanest of men go mad...
Soon, they will ALL know its wrath...

soon.

Aqueous

@SquiggleTail - I would guess at you saw what is currently number 8, called "Cupcakes my version" by i love dogs rated k with 628 words, it's complete and the character's involved are Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. I'm not going to bother looking into it, rated ok for 5 years or not. If not please do tell, I could guess for hours and likely not find it. Also shocked to see everybody instead of everypony. As for insanity, already have that, got anything else?

Edited on by Aqueous

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.