Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 14,201 to 14,220 of 14,348

Lunapplebloom

@Everypony Well, technically Applejack is best pony... But I digress. It's almost Christmas, so I won't hold it against anyone for making the wrong conclusion.

Sorry, meant to get things sorted. Been longer than I ever thought it would, so more comic reviews below.

@CorporalPegasus Happy belated anniversary! Sorry I missed it. I hope you've been doing great!

@Aqueous As TC always mentions, thanks for keeping track. You always pretty good with doing that.

@Twilight_Crow Nice posts! Even with a job you still manage to keep the fic of the week going and having interesting posts. Thank you for always going on, and being an inspiration to me.

And after a long long long long long unexplained amount of time, I give you...

Comic Time!

Man... Were was I last... Oh yes! Last ones I was on were #21-22 Trixie arc of the main series, and #6 of Friends Forever.

Now I present to you issue #7 in Friends Forever.

Untitled

One word describes this best... Hmm... what was that word again... Oh yes! Luna! Ok, we're done here. Go back to doing whatever it is you were, because you will most likely buy or check this out now anyways.
... What?! You're still here? And here I thought Luna was already enough of a reason. I mean, heck, the polls don't lie do they?... I stand corrected.
Regardless, This issue I found to be really nice, though some continuity issues arise, which I will tackle with spoiler tags underneath. Still this comic get's it right with pairing Luna with Pinkie Pie. Pinkie's crazy antics seem to naturally fit with Luna's awkwardness, and there are many laughs to be had with their interactions. The art, while not my favorite artist, still manages to depict the characters as the should be. I really think that Tony Fleeces just has a problem with Discord mostly. All in all, though not as good as Luna's micro comic, this is a worthy read.

Ok, now for the nitty gritty. My major problem with this story, even though it's small and not plot breaking, was why everypony looks up to Celestia so highly and separated from themselves when she throws these banquets where she can be silly and cut loose. One would figure that in the episode, 'A Bird in the Hoof' that the Cakes wouldn't feel as pressured in serving her majesty. I guess you can never truly shake off the whole dignitary thing, but I would think they would be alot less stressed. Regardless, it doesn't destroy the overall plot, but just a nit pick of mine. The sibling rivalry that Luna has toward her sister was also a nice development I thought, and gives her more character. And Pinkie was funny, but not overly, and she knew when to get serious with Luna. It's all in the little touches.

And that's all for now. I promise my next post won't be such a long time from now. Maybe even next time I can catch a quick brony brawl. Have a great day, and Merry Christmas to all!

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Aqueous

@Lunapplebloom - You're welcome. Kind of enjoy keeping track of what was when. (Helps me keep track of what I've been reading too ).

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Discostew

Happy Holidays All!........

Untitled

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

MsJubilee

Oh and merry Christmas every pony!Can't forget about you guys.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Twilight_Crow

Happy Hearth's Warming Everypony!

And someone had to post this one:
Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

TeeJay

Merry Christmas Happy Holidays and all that jazz

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Lunapplebloom

Happy Hearths Warming and a Merry Christmas everypony! Just want to say that everyone in this thread is awesome, and thanks for being great friends.

And since everyone has posted art, here is some.
Untitled

Previously Applejacklove

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Discostew

Some more art.

Untitled

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Lunapplebloom

Hmm... I feel an art post coming on for this time of year again, so more. (@Discostew You made me do this. )

Untitled

Also Applebloom is best CMC!

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Previously Applejacklove

MsJubilee

So much art! I love it!

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Twilight_Crow

Hey everypony! Thanks for all the awesome art contributions. Hope you all had some nice Holidays.

You know why I am here. FoTW got delayed cause I had some work to prepare for monday morning. I'm not changing schedule, but don´t get surprised when I post on Monday instead of Sunday. Well, until tonight.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

Twilight_Crow

Happy week everypony!

FoTW

An unexpected adventure recommended by GrimWolf. Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
There, They're... by FanNotANerd
[On Fimfiction Adventure Complete Everyone]
Throughout all of history, one concept has kept both the written and spoken word from becoming an unintelligible mess. That concept is that most holy of grounds known by some as "grammar."
Yet something is wrong. The rules are failing. And only one pony so much as suspects that something is wrong. Something that goes deeper than a simple appearance of errors. Maybe an attack on the very root of language itself.

One could think this is another story about Twilight Sparkle getting obsessed with grammar and proper writing, and it was a nice surprise to find out this that is not the case. It all starts when Princess Celestia sends her student a letter with a grammatical error, but things escalate quickly, and suddenly the residents of Canterlot and Ponyville are completely unable to read and write. It’s up to Twilight to find the cause before the strange situation affects all of Equestria.
Good Writing.

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr: GrimWolf's Den

And this is... I have no words, just watch it.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

CorporalPegasus

It seems like it was christmas yesterday, but happy 2015 horsies!
Untitled

IGOR!

Twilight_Crow

Happy new year you bronies, you!

Untitled

MsJubilee

Happy new year everyone!I wonder what this year will bring us?More pony fun?

Aqueous

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
May we get no more Alicorns for a year

TeeJay

I drew a thing!!

Untitled

My OC Page Turner dressed as Robin. I suck at drawing clothes so I'm quite proud of this tbh

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Aqueous

@TeeJay - That is awesome. Love me some Fire Emblem and ponies. I wonder if I can find more of this...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.