Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 14,161 to 14,180 of 14,348

Twilight_Crow

Happy week everypony! Had an stupid amount of work yesterday, so couldn´t post last night. Expect the FoTW tonight.

@Volke93 Cool, hadn´t been able to watch that teaser. I can wait, I´ve got Fan fiction.

@Lunapplebloom Do not worry we all have stuff to do, just post reviews whenever you can. Good to hear from you, we'll chat eventually.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow

Hello everypony!

Late post is late.

It was Trixie day las week, so Happy Birthday best unicorn!

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week,== I myself will recommend a wonderful Trixie story from the Lunaverse:
The Hero of Oaton by thatguyvex
[On Fimfiction Adventure Complete Teen]
Trixie Lulamoon, Night Court Representative, Element of Magic and...kind of a jerk. But she's getting better. With the help of her friends Trixie is starting to realize what friendship could be. But a little ego never hurt anypony, right? When a filly desperately approaches Trixie to save her village, convinced Trixie is the 'Hero of Oaton', Trixie is caught up in the reputation she may not have earned. With Raindrops and Cheerilee by her side Trixie returns to Oaton to confront a corrupt Lumber Guild. But how much of Trixie's past reputation with the town is genuine and how much was drunken delusion and ego-driven lies?

This story was a pleasant surprise, it seems quite simple at first, but the plot really thickens in the middle. The way the author use the fact that Trixie doesn't remember a thing of what transpired in the town, makes it pretty ingenious. Trixie wants to know what happens as much as the reader does. All the characters are very well written, and the OCs are extremely believable and have great back stories.
I would say the only lose part of the story is the ending, but you won't mind, because by then you went through quite the ride of a mystery.
Great writting.

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr: GrimWolf's Den

And this is awesome, you all know it is.

Untitled

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

Aqueous

@Twilight_Crow - Happy Belated Day of the Dead Bronies!
Sure thing, I'll wait.
(Also list should be up to date shortly after I post this, fixed a major numbering problem I found.)
Edit: Also link on post 14,853 isn't a hyperlink, can be copied and pasted

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

MsJubilee

@NintendovMarvel Ha! I ask myself that same question every day lol.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Twilight_Crow

Hello everypony!

Late post is early in the morning.

@Aqueous Thanks for updating the list, as usual you are a big help. Hope you are doing well.

FoTW

Keeping momentum from last week, I give you a Trixie story recommended by GrimWolf. Today on the ==Fic of The Week:==
Trixie's Gettin' Back On Her Hooves by Shadow Raikou
[On Fimfiction Adventure Complete Everyone]
After stumbling upon a homeless Trixie, Twilight tries to help her get a new job in Ponyville. However, an unexpected visitor to the town wants to leave Trixie homeless and feeding off scraps. Checker Monarch is set on ruining everything Trixie does, for reasons not yet explained. Trixie must discover new friends and must face this old danger through new eyes.

A very old story from before Magic Duel aired.
This is a Trixie's reformation story, with a great character development and a really interesting villain. It shows a protagonist that needs to overcome her pride in order grow and better herself.
The narrative is quite good but it slows down the pacing a bit.
Good Writing.

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr: GrimWolf's Den

And a silly little comic:

Untitled

Aqueous

@Twilight_Crow - I'm doing decently well. Yourself?
Glad to here the list is doing well and yay trains!

Twilight_Crow

@Aqueous I am doing ok, a bit tired and overworked but I will survive. Thank you for keeping the list going. I really hope we can chat eventually, and I'm glad you are doing well. Stay cool.

Btw FoTW will be late this week, because I had some family busyness this Sunday. Expect it on Monday night.

Aqueous

@Twilight_Crow - That sucks, I'll see if I can't add it tonight, if not tomorrow then.
That sucks, I hope you get to relax and rest soon. Of course chat again as well.

Oh and since I remembered I found a picture recently by chance, I'll post it. Celestia in five nights at Freddy's, don't worry, its not a jump scare.
Untitled
Source: http://cheezburger.com/8361620736

TeeJay

Still exists

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Twilight_Crow

Hello everypony!

@Aqueous That is actually pretty awesome! I)^3^(I

@TeeJay Hey there! I am glad that you exist.

Even though now I have a job and not much time for myself, I actually can read during the 2 hour bus trip to my workplace, so I will be recommending stories beside GrimWolf now.

FoTW

Finally managed to read this classical fantasy, based on the famous videogame Dragón Age. Today on the ==Fic of The Week:==
Pony Age: Origins by OmegaPony11
[On Fimfiction Adventure Complete Teen]
The Ponyspawn have invaded Equestria, and it is up to the newest addition to the Grey Wardens, Twilight Sparkle, to find the means to drive them back! With her friends and allies at her side, can Twilight defeat the evil tide before all of Equestria is devoured?

This is a classic adventure that gets its inspiration from the lore of the RPG Dragon Age, but bring us a very original story filled with lovable characters (Canon and OC), and amazing fight scenes.
The general arc of the story and the character arcs intertwine fantastically, and that is why the plot is the strongest point of the story.
The descriptions are ok, but a bit simplistic; however its simplicity will allow the week of heart to stand some gory scenes, because they are just as bad as your imagination makes them.
Good Writing.

And Trixie... do I need to say more?

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

Aqueous

@TeeJay - You or the forum? I'm happy both exist still.

@Twilight_Crow - Glad you liked it, could of swore I bookmarked more somewhere and can't find them now. List will be up to date shortly after this.
Also I've got the first 60 stories (10 of the 38ish pages) just about finished being moved over to a new Fic list and I think that should be enough to show it off and see what you think.
(Also I found more bugs in the original list, post numbers being off in places, fixing them as they are found)
Hope you are well, despite being silly busy.
(Also Trixie should be the joker )

Edited on by Aqueous

TeeJay

@Aqueous I was referring to me

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Twilight_Crow

Hello everypony!

@Aqueous What? You crazy? Joker is Celestia!
Thanks for fixing the list. It has been going a long time now, and it is an integral part of my feature. Again thank you, thank you, thank you. Will definitely check your fic list, and I believe you sent me a message some time ago on Fimfiction and I didn't answer. I'll fix that tonight.

FoTW

GrimWolf's recommendation this week is a little comedy of misunderstandings. Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week:==
How to Woo Your Lady on Nine Easy Steps by paleowriter
[On Fimfiction Romance Complete Everyone]
Spike orders a How-To guide book to win Rarity's heart. Will Spike be able to follow all the steps like a true gentlecolt? Will any of the steps actually work? And just what is Rarity looking for in her friendship with Spike, anyway?

In this story, we have Spike trying to gain the heart of Rarity with the help of a book. Unfortunately, his insistence to follow each and every step of the book as it is, will endanger his relationship with his beloved friend and will change the things forever.

We follow the story from both Spike's and Rarity's perspectives, allowing us to see how the misunderstandings brew. The narrative is quite good even if it seems as if the author would also have a crush with Rarity.

Good Writing.

And winter actually reminds me of Luna, so have some art:

Untitled

MsJubilee

@Twilight_Crow That's an awesome fanart of Luna with her winter spirit.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Aqueous

@Twilight_Crow - Of course, how'd I make a mistake like that.
You're welcome. Its nice to not need to do a forum hunt for stories. You're welcome X 3
I think I've got the first 100 posts listed and I've got a few others on there. I'm hoping it to be a faster loading, easier to search version. I'll let you judge it though when there is a chance.
I did, thank you. ( I thought I had sent like 7 )

Actually since I'm in the mood and don't mind adding a little more to the list and I'm thinking this pm to @Twilight_Crow rebounded due to my own error. I'm posting or more accurately reposting a story tonight.

Near Death Experience (Fimfiction Link)
By: Hadles
(Rated: Teen, Story is complete)
Fair warning this story has some gore in it and romance but also has a fairly humorous touch to it despite the darker content involving death (Which is taken lightly all things considered). The story is mainly lighthearted and the writing is fairly strong, making for a good read.

The story its self has a few O.C.'s and cleverly dances around season 1 stories arcs to establish a time line and create more interactions with other characters. The tale mainly focuses on Pinwheel and her relation with the Grim Reaper of the pony world, as a second chance does come with a price.

Other details:
Originally this story was posted by @thesignpainter in post 495 and was the 12th posted fanfiction in the thread, the original post links to the Fanficiton.net page and the first chapter of the story on there.
This is the second time this story has been posted, it has been in no features in this thread.
There is no current sequel for this story.

Edited on by Aqueous

Volke93

You know, three years have been passed since I started to watch this show. We had so many fantastic episodes (especially in the last season), but even some that are pretty forgettable. However, I never talked about my biggest disappointment about this show as today: Rainbow Falls. It's actually my SECOND most hated episode of the entire show (my most hated is actually Stare Master) but this is the one that disappointed me the most, but why I hate it so much? The nonsensical writing? The mane 6 that seem the parody of themselfs? Spitfire that is a complete jerk? No, those elements make it just a bad episode like the other ones that I simply dislike.

Before I talk the REAL reason I hate this episode so much.... let me make you a step behind: remember.... almost two years ago, right after the whole alicorn Twilight mess, what was the second most stupid negative reaction after the S3 ended? Yeah, the deep hate Rainbow Dash got after it, that didn't make any sense, because whatever you can say about the third season, nobody can negate that it was Rainbow Dash's best season to date. But for some reasons that I simply can't find, she got a GIANT amount of hate after that season, and that made me sad. And that fanmade abomination called Double Rainboom didn't do nothing but making the thing worse. I hoped in the fourth season that the writers could do something that could make her more appreciable even to those people. When I knew about the arc of the keys, I was happy, because that was the best chance for her to shine, I was even more happy when I knew that the writer of her key episode was Corey Powell (writer of Sleepless in Ponyville, one of her best apparences so far)...... but the tragedy.... happened on January 18th, when Rainbow Falls aired....

FOR GOODNESS SAKE COREY, if the S3 made many bronies hate Rainbow Dash without any good reason, with this episode you seem to have done everything to give them right. That's why I hate so much this episode: they totally wasted the best chance for RD to change her image to the people that hate her without reasons.... how shaming...

Edited on by Volke93

Volke93

CorporalPegasus

Yay, this thread still has some activity! Slow, but i imagine it will stay like this until season 5.
Anyway, yeh, i'm still alive, i've been doing great, and i'll still try visiting this board a bit. Hope y'all aree doing fine too.
Also today is my third regestired-at-nintendolifeversary. Even after 3 years, Rainbow pone is still best pone!

IGOR!

Aqueous

@CorporalPegasus - Happy Anniversary! Great to hear from you again.

MsJubilee

@CorporalPegasus Friendo you're dead wrong Luna is best pony,she'll always will be.

Edited on by MsJubilee

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.