Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 14,121 to 14,140 of 14,348

grenworthshero

Does anyone here play TF2 or anything else? I used to see a big Brony community on there a few years ago, but not really anymore.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Aqueous

I don't really play TF2, quite a bit else I do play.
As for the people. I think there is just less pony activity in general so I think that causes the slow down.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Well the pony activity in genera is sort of dead right now.Cause no new pony episodes,when the new season comes out then the activity will come back in full force.I actually forgot the date when the new season starts though.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Discostew

Got TF2, but haven't played it in years. Just got no urge to. I'm playing MH3U instead.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

MsJubilee

Ugh well it's that time of year again,it's time to watch a new Equestria girls movie tomorrow.This film better be good or at least better than the last one if it isn't i'm going to lose it.But with all those clips Hasbro been releasing for the past three months,it looks great. So the only thing i can do is just watch it and hope for the best.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

Twilight_Crow

Hello everypony!

Finally, this week we get some pony with Rainbow Rocks. I don't think it will come to theaters here in Mexico so, youtube will be for me. Will tell what I think about it here. I'm not waiting for something great, just a funny little thing with pony flavor. Hooves crossed.

FoTW

This Sunday, a very interesting story that is just not my alley but I think is something nice for GrimWolf to recommend. Tonight on th ==Fic of The Week==:
Because Ponies Are the Size of Cats and They Love to Cuddle by shortskirtsandexplosions
[On Fimfiction Random Incomplete Teen]
In the future, humans colonize the solar system, cure cancer, clone the human genome, and build trans-dimensional hoodies that can summon tiny talking horses from an alternate universe.
It's pretty snazzy.

These are the anecdotes from some guy in in the distant future. There, they have found a way to transport the ponies from Equestria to their home planet (That is not the earth). So we have Applejack being a silly (and adorable) pony making friends with humans.
This story is completely on another level, there are crack-fics that are purely absurdities, troll-fics to anger the readers, and this: a Daaw-fic; a story so cute and tender that makes "My Little Dashie" looks like a horror story. Ironically the story doesn't have a clear plot yet, but who cares when Applejack is so cute?!
Good Writing!

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr: GrimWolf's Den

And.. I don't post Fluttershy much, but when I do, I post her being badass.

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

MsJubilee

@Twilight_Crow Don't worry about Rainbow Rocks is great i loved it,and that's coming from a guy who hated the first one with a passion.

Volke93

After a failing first movie I must say I REALLY loved this one instead. Sunset Shimmer has become a great character now, the flaws that made the first movie bad are gone and the pacing was perfect. All in this movie is realized perfectly.

My only gripe of the whole movie: Twilight is useless from the beginning to the end. Jesus Twilight, you defeated a giant worm and fought an overpowered centaur in past, and in my dream the last night you even kicked Mario, Sonic, Megaman and Pac-Man at once (was a Smash bros X MLP dream more or less, I know it doesn't count as canon but was my dream so I can believe it. Lol), and now magically you get kicked so easely?

The thing that bothers me the most, is the fact that Twilight's Kingdom was her best apparence to date, while Rainbow Rocks was her worst apparence to date.... and they pratically come one right after the other..... and they are both written by the same person...

Edited on by Volke93

Volke93

Twilight_Crow

Hello everypony!

Rainbow Rocks R... eally improves from the EQG first movie.
I liked it more, it has a much better plot, awesome music and keeps the silliness of the first; overall very funny so: Mission Accomplished RR!

@Aqueous I just have to warn you, even though is better than the first, this movie may be too musical for you.

@midnafanboy Yep, good movie.

FoTW

This Sunday, a random story form GrimWolf, give it a chance these ones can be interesting. Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week==:
In Which Twilight Sparkle Attempts to Eat a Sandwich by Maphysto
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Complete Teen]
Twilight Sparkle, Element of Magic and student of Princess Celestia, has braved many dangers and defeated powerful foes. But on a peaceful afternoon, she will face her greatest challenge: eating some lunch.

After an arduous day of work at the library, Twilight Sparkle desires nothing more than to eat a simple sandwich at the Oatfield Cafe, but it's said that the restaurant has a curse: no one can eat a sandwich in there. Each of the mane six tries to discourage Twilight from ordering the tragic meal by telling her stories explaining the unusual fate of the establishment. Will Twilight Sparkle be able to discover the truth behind the Oatfield Cafe and the sandwich curse, or will she change her order to a salad?
The story is pretty straight forward, with a formula similar to episodes of the first season. Each of the mane 6 tells a different story according to each of their personalities. It's not very complex but it's too entertaining.
Good Writing.

Now, here it's a question from GrimWolf:

Have you heard about the Lunaverse? It's a series of stories where Celestia turns mad and it's banished to the Sun by Luna. In this world the mane six are integrated by 5 of the most famous background ponies (Lyra, Carrot Top, Raindrops, Cheerilee and Derpy) and Trixie Lulamoon. This world has a lot of stories filled with adventure, romance, comedy, drama, and intrigue. Would you like me to recommend some of the stories from this world?

Lunaverse Link: http://www.fimfiction.net/group/760/the-lunaverse

For more pony Fanfiction with awesome reviews, go check this tumblr: GrimWolf's Den

And.. You know why this is awesome.

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

Aqueous

@Twilight_Crow - I figure this one has to wait a year before I touch it anyhow but if it is then I likely won't like it.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Electricmastro

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

MsJubilee

Damn i forgot about the 4 year anniversary of MLP.Wow it seems like yesterday,when the show started and many people kept saying the show is gay and stuff.Weird times hmm,makes remember when i used to be like those people hating on the show and it's fans.Good thing i gave the show a shot,or i wouldn't call myself a bronie now.

Twilight_Crow

Hello everypony!

Oh yeah. Happy 4th Anniversary MLP:FiM!!

Ha, is it really been that long? Time flies when you have fun. I owe the show a lot: Me writing, meeting my current best friend and, of course, meeting a lot of great Internet friends in this thread, love you guys. Yep, friendship is Magic... and in some cases it is even Magic: The Gathering, right @Aqueous?

FoTW

This Sunday, another kinda famous story recommended by GrimWolf, this one is just not for me, but it sounds quite interesting. Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week==:
A Mighty Demon Slayer Grooms Some Ponies by D G D Davidson
[On Fimfiction Adventure On Hiatus Teen]
Princess Celestia appoints Twilight Sparkle and her friends to be ambassadors to Earth. They decide to introduce themselves to the humans by appearing in a horse show, but they need someone to get them ready. They call on Megan, the legendary warrior who guarded ponykind in days of yore. It has been told that Megan have banished or slain countless demons, but can she convince the ponies to hold still long enough for her to braid their manes?

Twilight Sparkle and the mane 6 have decided to reintroduce the Equestrians to human society and have requested the help of Megan (AKA Magog the Mighty, Warrior from Another World) to present themselves in a classic horse exhibition. Bur Megan have grown bitter and resentful with the ponies, since they bring her memories from her old friends at Paradise State and the Dream Castle.
This is a Crossover with My Little Pony G1, and gives the characters and the world depth and cohesion. It's incredible the compilation of information gathered from comics, toy lines and the show itself. The author fits both worlds into a comprehensible story, even explaining some things like how the Pegasi can control the weather and the origin of the crystal ponies. The story is on Hiatus but the author continues to give news about it.
Good writing.

After reading a bit from the Lunaverse, I think most of its stories are good enough, so I will give GrimWolf the thumbs up to recommend stories from the this Alternate Universe.

Lunaverse Link: http://www.fimfiction.net/group/760/the-lunaverse

And.. Evil Celestia can be so awesome... and scary... but mostly awesome.

Untitled

Discostew

4 years already? Dang.

Nice pic finds, TC, but can you or someone else fill me in on the more recent pic with Applejack and Rarity in that outfit? I'm not sure what that's about.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Twilight_Crow

@Discostew Thanks, I love how much art is still being created. The AJ and Rarity thing is a small gag from Rainbow Rocks; the outfit is a reference to Daft Punk. In the movie they look human of course, they just Ponified it.

MsJubilee

I don't why the art that @Twilight_Crow posted.Makes me want to see Celestia as a villain one day don't know why,but for me it would be interesting and shocking.

Shadow_Chad6982

midnafanboy wrote:

I don't why the art that @Twilight_Crow posted.Makes me want to see Celestia as a villain one day don't know why,but for me it would be interesting and shocking.

Well there's always the Official My Little Pony comics Look for Friendship is Magic issues #17 - #20 .

Everything is impossible if we think it is. Often all it takes is for one person to strongly believe that something can be achieved and to continue pursuing that goal to the end. - Satoru Iwata

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6817-9967 | Nintendo Network ID: Rasheon_Falcon

GrimWolf

@midnafanboy Actually Celestia is a villain in the Lunaverse, and quite strong I should say also quite megalomaniac.

GrimWolf

MsJubilee

@GrimWolf Well i mean in the show in general,and the Lunaverse?Oh wait now i remember is that Fimfiction site, haven't been there for a long time.

GuardianKing

I made this PMV a very long time ago (back when Season 4's finale had just aired). Unfortunately, certain problems with the audio (mainly having to do with YouTube's weird content-ID system) stopped me from ever uploading the PMV. Since I didn't want to let it go to waste, I dug it up again and posted in on my Google Drive.

Enjoy! (song is Sorairo Days from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0d45qegKuF4cnRwZnVLcEFBVU0/...

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.