Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 14,348

ToastyYogurt

No box set?
[youtube:EHv9acm3fF0]

Also, pre-FiM RD scares me. (Hides in closet)

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

ToastyYogurt

Also, I'd rather make a papercraft than buy a toy any day.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

Aqueous

Destroyer64 wrote:

Those are cool but I'd be afraid of ripping or damaging them, I'm not the best with tiny stuff like that.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

Aqueous wrote:

Destroyer64 wrote:

Those are cool but I'd be afraid of ripping or damaging them, I'm not the best with tiny stuff like that.

I make my papercrafts out of cardstock; it's flexible enough to work with, but thick enough to last for a loooooooooooooooong time. Any papercraft I have made hasn't broken yet!

I'm pretty okay.

Aqueous

Destroyer64 wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

Destroyer64 wrote:

I make my papercrafts out of cardstock; it's flexible enough to work with, but thick enough to last for a loooooooooooooooong time. Any papercraft I have made hasn't broken yet!

That's your work!?

ToastyYogurt

Aqueous wrote:

Destroyer64 wrote:

Aqueous wrote:

Destroyer64 wrote:

That's your work!?

No, I didn't make MAKE these. By make I mean print them out, fold them, and put them together. I couldn't actually design a papercraft if my life depended on it.

I'm pretty okay.

Aqueous

Ah, well thank you for leading me to their work.

CorporalPegasus

Is it hard to make papercraft? Might try to make a paper RD sometime.

IGOR!

MasterGraveheart

SquiggleTail wrote:

There will never be anything for the bronies, as Hasbro, and it's respective partners (excluding WeLoveFine/MightyFine) don't care about the bronies. ShoutFactory, the company that has the rights to the MLP:FiM DVD rights, stated that they will never make a complete box set, meaning, you will never get a complete collection of season 1, only DVD's that contain some of the episodes, and no special features. Many have contacted Hasbro, trying to get them to make show accurate ponies, but sadly, Hasbro simply does not care about the older demographic. Most, if not all, of the MLP:FiM related merchandise hardly looks anything like the pony that it's supposed to be. Most bronies have solved many problems that plague the Hasbro merchandise, by making there own, high quality plushies that are amazing. Also, Celestia is represented as a pink pony in merchandise because pink would appeal more to girls, and Celestia is in fact a very light shade of pink. And the McDonalds toys don't have show accurate cutie marks because they're supposed to be cheap to make, so that Hasbro won't loose any money. But, hopefully/eventually, Hasbro will realize that bronies do help their sales, and they might make show accurate ponies/fan favorite background ponies.

"Never" is too definitive. Let's not forget who brought Friendship is Magic to a level far beyond that of a show for 4-year-old girls. Hasbro is in the business of making money, and they'll strike where the iron is hot.

I woudln't sell the Shout Factory short just yet. They gave us season sets of Super Mario Bros. and even a complete set of ReBoot, so who knows. If demand is high enough, they can't ignore it. It's like leaving money on the table. Then again, if we don't get that blu-ray season I've waited for, I'd be okay. I got the seasons off of iTunes. And if I want them for my TV, I'll just get Apple TV and stream it up there that way. For now, there's my iPod. ^^;

As for Celestia being pink instead of white because it's "a toy for girls" is, well, a lame excuse on Hasbro's part. Exhibit A, Rarity's toys. Although, honestly, I always thought Celestia was an extremely light shade of pink that it almost looked white... at least in some scenes.

Heck, I'd hoped they'd get her slippers/shoes right, at least. She's royalty. It SHOULD be gold, lol.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

Private-Pegasus wrote:

Is it hard to make papercraft? Might try to make a paper RD sometime.

Depends on the papercraft you're trying to make. In the case of RD (and ponies in general), it's kinda hard because there's plenty of curves and tricky parts to cut and fold.
There's two models as far as I know. There's this one by the same person I linked to before, and there's this better looking one that I made for my brony cousin as a gift, and it's more difficult because instructions are only limited to "this number piece is supposed to be here" in the form of a picture (didn't link to that person before as the only other pony that person made was Fluttershy (one of my fave ponies actually, next to Pinky Pie), and I couldn't find a deviant art-style page with the person's selective works to link to. )

I'm pretty okay.

ToastyYogurt

MasterGraveheart wrote:

I woudln't sell the Shout Factory short just yet. They gave us season sets of Super Mario Bros. and even a complete set of ReBoot, so who knows.

People want season sets of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show?
You just raised my hope in pony box sets, sir.

I'm pretty okay.

-DL-

MasterGraveheart wrote:

I got the seasons off of iTunes.

How is the color on those? I heard they were faded, although I'm pretty sure my eyes would get used to it

Me on the internet: Twitter - YouTube - Soundcloud

Funny internet signature on Nintendo Life Dot Com

Wildvine53

Geez, I'm off for a week and look at all the pony goodness I missed.
I know it's a little late, but welcome to the Herd @shingi_70, @JarvanZheitk and @Destroyer64.
@Private-Pegasus Oh My Goodness, that looks awesome! I'm hoping both the Pony RPG and Fighting is Magic release in 2012.
@Aqueous I've never really been into the idea of Pony toys, but that set looks so tempting! Looks like I might be making a trip to Toys R Us this week.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Aqueous

@Wildvine53 - Still not here either but the set caught your eye too then. I only found a picture because MasterGraveheart menitoned it. Have a fun trip. Also we start in about 40 minutes, should be fun.

Edited on by Aqueous

JustAnotherUser

Mwahahahaha!
Nightmare Moon has come to eat you!
Give me your candy to beg for safety!

On another note I'm going to make all those papercrafts

JustAnotherUser

MasterGraveheart

@Destroyer64: Yeah, go figure. They even gave us a complete collection of the Legend of Zelda cartoon. Anything is possible.

@-DL-: Well, to be fair, I haven't achieved full HD on my monitor and my iPod is a generation 2, so I may not be the best person to ask. My playlist of the full series to date on YouTube doesn't show any distinct differences. It may be a smidge lighter, but nothing offensive.

One thing I will say that I noticed in the end credits of some of the early episodes was that there were dull lines along the text lines. This was fixed in later episodes, so it may have just been how it was made to begin with.

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Wildvine53

@-DL- I got the Fist episode of Season 1 from iTunes, I haven't noticed any faded coloring.

@Aqueous Sweet, I'll definitely join in.

Edited on by Wildvine53

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

-DL-

MasterGraveheart wrote:

@-DL-: Well, to be fair, I haven't achieved full HD on my monitor and my iPod is a generation 2, so I may not be the best person to ask. My playlist of the full series to date on YouTube doesn't show any distinct differences. It may be a smidge lighter, but nothing offensive.

Wildvine53 wrote:

@-DL- I got the Fist episode of Season 1 from iTunes, I haven't noticed any faded coloring.

Kay, thanks! I was a little worried. I also noticed they brought the price down on Season 1; it's now $40 for HD rather than $50.

Me on the internet: Twitter - YouTube - Soundcloud

Funny internet signature on Nintendo Life Dot Com

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.