Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 13,961 to 13,980 of 14,348

Lunapplebloom

Salutations my fellow bronies! I've been absent for the past week or so to try and avoid the spoiler details that could have emerged for the final, even sneak peeks. But saw the episode, and I'm back.

@Gioku Interesting what you mentioned about a grimmer, and like the logo and vids.

@Discostew Pretty much equal, but as always when it comes to these 2 parters in my opinion, the latter is slightly more. And yes, I believe you were last to move in the RP, I'll try to make sure the RP document is updated fully to be sure.

@Twilight_Crow Nice contents from both weeks.

Those feels when I look at that picture of the tree... I figured she would have to move out eventually, but they had to just blow it up. Awesome scene as a whole, but sad at the same time. I'll miss that Library...

@midnafanboy I see you changed over to Luna for your avatar. I like it! The next season will be a long way off, but got official comics and fics for my pony fix for the time being.

And for those that have not seen the episodes yet, though if you haven't...
Untitled

Just going to say, this was a great season final. Sure, there were some issues with rushing, but as with Return of Harmony, A Canterlot Wedding, The Crystal Empire, and Princess Twilight Sparkle 2 parter openings and finals, they did a tremendous job with how much time they had. Even more proof that we need a full feature length actual pony film. Equestria Girls is nice and all, but get on that, Hasbro!

I was ecstatic when I saw Tirek in this episode. As someone who watched the G1 MLP 'Rescue from Midnight Castle' film, I always thought his character would be a perfect fit, and they do it well here, even giving Equestria's own version of history on the matter. Only thing I'm disappointed with was we didn't get to see Scorpan besides the history lesson itself, but small gripe. Discord's inclusion was also very fitting, and as always, he tends to steal the scenes he's in. I also liked the fact that he was the one to learn a lesson through Twilight, and bestow an object. It kinda comes full circle for him since his reformation, and we get a real sense that he has changed for the better. Though, hopefully he'll still be a bit of a trickster in later season/s. Also full on super fight scene, though it took the destruction of the place Twilight settled into Ponyville, the Iconic Golden Oaks Library. So many important memories from the show were made there, that it's such a shame to see it get engulfed in a burst of flames. I hope they can somehow rectify it later down the line. And with continuity throw backs as far as season 2, you have a bang up episode. Congrats DHX on another ballpark homerun.

And I feel ashamed I've yet to make my comic review/impression yet of the latest. With trying to avoid spoilers and every day life (and trying not to make this post longer than it is ), It's just been one of those times. I'll post sometime this week hopefully...

And a pic I like.
Untitled

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

sugarpixel

It is Sunday, so time for my next MLP remix...!

A little bit different one this time. And I'm in a Twilight Sparkle sort of mood at the moment, which is a rare thing...

...it's probably because Twilight was just recently (yesterday ) part of my favorite MLP moment ever!

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Metroidlink

It's Sunday, so time for my MLP remix

My opinion on the finale as it was the first finale I've watched from the show and it was so awsome! Since I joined late s4 I didn't quite get where all the keys were from (I didn't know where rarity and pinkie pie's where from) but I didn't feel like I missed too much. I also couldn't help thinking about "IMMA FIRING MA LAZER" when Twilight fired his epic laser of doom on Tirek And the ponies "mega evolution" were also very well done and so awsome Unfortunately twilight's house had to go away but to make THE BEST fight I've watched in a loooooong while! so IMO it was worth it

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

MsJubilee

@Lunapplebloom thank you for liking my new avatar i found this pic and i just loved it and it goes with me cause my favorite pony is luna. So it all fits in my opinion.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Rocko52

Well I still haven't seen any of Season 4, but I here Twilight gets a kingdom or something...that sure changes things. And I thought it was big when she got wings.

Still, it sounds like it's well done.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

CorporalPegasus

I think that Discord planned everything ahead. He knew what was in the box, what the keys were and knew how dangerous Tirek was. It's also rather odd how to only window he mess with is the one decipting Twilight Sparkle. I think he must've figured that to obtain the last key and thus defeating Tirek he was to let Twilight give up her magic and prove her friendship. He also knew Twilight wanted a kingdom to rule, and she got that in the end! It would also be a test to see if Twilight actually cared about him even after he betrayed them and he lost his magic.

That is what i think anyways.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Discostew

@CorporalPegasus

I don't know. He may have known "the power" that was within the box (but not necessarily the use) and how to open it, but I don't think there was an actual plan with regard to Tirek. If this was his plan all along, then that would mean that he was pretending to betray the ponies and take Tirek's side. He may cause mischief with most, but he certainly had stopped any and all deceiving with Fluttershy, who he regrets betraying the most. If Discord knew the amulet from Tirek was the key for Twilight, then I doubt he'd have left the window pane of Twilight as it was for Tirek to notice, because at that time of getting the amulet, Discord could go off to the main 6 and get the box opened. No, I think Discord set out to do as he was called, to bring Tirek in (since he was the one who could find him), but he didn't expect Tirek's influential words to relight the flame of his own ways by having his current situation described as just another prison .

As for the finale...

As others have said, it was epic. Of course most of the epicness came from the 2nd part, especially the fight between Tirek and Twilight. I'm so glad they put thought into this finale, especially when bringing back an old foe. I mean, this finale could be considered dark compared to other episodes this whole generation, yet it worked so well. The first season didn't really have a finale, and honestly, the 3rd season's finale was too song-filled. Season 2's finale was at least decent, but how it ended pales in comparison to this finale. Of course you've got Discord, the franchise's goofball, up to his old tricks with the mane 6. I saw one image before watching this finale, and it was Tirek absorbing his magic. Because of that, I thought he was going to be one of the first to go, but it turned out that not only was he not, but he also helped Tirek to do so with all the other ponies. I guess the sudden reversal though between the two of them was kinda expected after seeing how more powerful Tirek became. All in all, it was a great finale, but not so great as we have to wait until next year for Season 5. I do have a troubling question though. Did Discord lose his magic forever? From the point when Tirek absorbed his magic and onward, he had used no magic at all, even after every other pony was restored. In much the same way as people were unsure about Twilight becoming an Alicorn, I am unsure about a magic-less, and possibly non-mischievous, Discord. By taking the discord out of Discord, he becomes a simple bystander. That does not sit well with me, especially since he's my favorite character of the franchise (Discord is best pony). I just hope that this isn't the case.

Now for some epic art...

UntitledNow I'm reminded about the final battle in Yoshi's Island.

Now for something totally random

Good-Off! - literal version

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Discostew

Oh, and one more thing....

Untitled

Discostew

Lunapplebloom

@midnafanboy Makes sense to me. I never really was enamored by Luna in the past before I took her on in the RP here. Now she's really grown on me.

@Gioku & @Metroidlink thanks for the remixes.

@Discostew

I agree with your opinion on the matter of Discord. Sure, he plans ahead most of the time, but he's not infallible. I believe Tirek really did just trick him into going back to his older ways through his wording of Discord's current situation. As for Discord not having magic anymore even though everyone else does, I don't think it's the case. I believe he was feeling ashamed more than anything, so being all clever and tricky wouldn't be on his mind at the time. When then see later that Discord is also seen with no flowers in hand, then he's suddenly handing some to Celestia. I suspect he conjured them, but only a theory. Only concern I can see is Discord becoming to nice, but to quote Fluttershy, "I don't think you're there quite yet." We'll have to wait and see I guess, though I'm not to worried, and have faith that they'll still keep him mostly how he is. The pony of shadows connection is interesting though...

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Eel

@Discostew:

I don't think those two similar shadowy creatures are meant to be related. Maybe as a foreshadowing of sorts it would work, but we know the one from Castlemaneia was Pinkie Pie and one of the major plot points of the finale is that Tirek had no idea that Twlight existed.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

@Moorpheel

But the ep 3 images are from the last few seconds after a camera pan while everyone (including Pinkie) were together, so it couldn't be her. However, I guess it wouldn't necessarily be Tirek either, considering it was the shadow that had eyes.

Discostew

Eel

Discostew wrote:

@Moorpheel

But the ep 3 images are from the last few seconds after a camera pan while everyone (including Pinkie) were together, so it couldn't be her. However, I guess it wouldn't necessarily be Tirek either, considering it was the shadow that had eyes.

Oh I guess it was just a random spook to play with the theme of "it was Pinkie all the time!... Or was it?".

It certainly can't be him, that would make him the most oblivious villain ever

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

This just came up in my mind. If the rulers reside in the place where their throne is (Celestia and Luna in Canterlot, Cadence in the Crystal Empire, and the Mane 6 in Ponyville), does that mean Discord has been living in Ponyville as well, since he inquired about his throne in the newly-formed castle in Ponyville?

Now for something funny, and not really requires spoiler tags...

Untitled

Seriously, during that part, I was trying to figure out how her mouth could do that.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

Rocko52

Hmm, just a quick question for everypony. I'm wondering when you all became Bronies, and what age you were at the time. If you want you can detail how/why you became one. As for me, I became a Brony around April/May 2012 at the tail end of 8th grade, I was 13 at the time, almost 14.

The story of how I became a Brony isn't really that dramatic. I think the first time I heard of it was Summer 2011, during a Boy Scout Camp. I had a friend a bit older than me who brought it up in a conversation, that My Little Pony is a good show, has an interesting society, and had good characters. I was confused, since I had no idea there was a new MLP cartoon, I thought he was talking about an old cartoon. He clarified it was a new show, and that there were people called "Bronies" who liked it. He didn't tell me much more, but I feel like I can remember him mention Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash then, or sometime around then. Over the next few months at scout meetings and campouts he'd bring it up sometimes, and honestly I didn't think it was really that weird, I guess I'm just kind of open to new things. He didn't really go into too much detail about it, other than a few character, their personalities, he might've mentioned Discord or some plot elements, but I also remember he mentioned Cupcakes and Derpy Hooves. I honestly had no idea how huge the Bronies were though. I did look it up a few times though, and saw that it did have a large fanbase, but I didn't know much outside the Wikipedia Article. So then in April, MLP came to Netflix. I was curious about it, so I had my younger sisters watch it first, telling them I had heard it was a good show, but pretended to act uninterested. They loved it, and kept watching more, so a few days later, while up in my bedroom I finally watched an episode on my 3DS. And thus a Brony was born.

Edited on by Rocko52

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

sugarpixel

@Rocko52 my story is weird. xD
I never disliked the show, since it first came on... but I was never highly interested in it... until I watched Equestria Girls... and then I was in. As weird as that may sound to some of you. xD (I was 16 at the time, too). And Season 4 was the first season I watched in its entirety as it was released.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

I joined the brony fandom in December 2011. I was 14 back then. I just red this thread and saw people talk about how good it was in Team Fortress 2 and decide give it a shot. I believe i just watched Get A Pet first and then saw the entirety of season 1 in a row.

IGOR!

Discostew

@Rocko52

Pretty sure I already gave my story in this thread, but when you consider how big this thread is, it would be faster to just repeat myself than try and find my original posting (that's how active this thread is ).

Anyways, it was around towards the end of Season 1 that I got into the show (around Over a Barrel). I heard about it as it began airing, but I had preconceptions of the show. After taking a glance long ago at Gen 3 and...ugh....3.5....I felt that Gen4 (this Gen) was just going to be more of that, so I ignored it. It was also around the time where I had this thing against flash animation used in certain cartoons. I attempted to watch a webshow called Gary the Rat (because I like Kelsey Grammar as an actor), but the animation put me off too much as everything felt so....stiff and rigid. I wasn't expecting Flash to provide something on a grand scale. Don't get me wrong, I love some like Homestar Runner because of how it's put together (plus it's comedy), but most others just didn't sit well with me.

I never really watching any MLP until Gen 4. The only other time was with the very first Gen with "Rescue from Midnight Castle" with Tirek and Scorpan. We had it on VHS (maybe recorded). Other than that, nothing else from Gen 1 through Gen 3.5. So sometime around "Green Isn't You Color", I was browsing Youtube, and on the recommended list on the side, there was a clip of a white pony. I've been hesitant for so long, but I figured I'd take a look. It involved Rarity with her whining clip with the Diamond Dogs. My assessment of the clip was that it was decent in the entertainment department, and while the art style for such a Flash-made creation was better than most, that particular clip still incorporated some of the animation "rigidness" with the Diamond Dogs that I had trouble tolerating. Still, it was enough for me to check other clips, and lo and behold, I found that others were better animated.

From this point on, I began to watch the show from the very beginning on Youtube. I wasn't giddy and such, but I was interested. From there I ended up in PonyChan, where I began to get a kick out of the fandom's wacky sense of humor with memes of the show, and even partook in a Synchtube group (which was Youtube with real-time chatting) that watched episodes and random video mashups like PMVs . That's when I began to get giddy about new episodes because then I could share it with people. I even began waking up early in the morning just to watch new episode from streams (I believe at that time was 6am PST). My "bronyness" was fully achieved when I found out that John de Lancie, one of my favorite actors due to Star Trek, was going to be in the Season 2 premier. I tried my hand at drawings, a fanfic, and even voice dubbing/singing (mainly as Discord). Most of that was during Season 2. I don't recall when I came to this thread or where I was prior to it, but I do know that it was @Lunapplebloom that invited me.

I'm not nearly as "brony" as I used to be. The fanfic had stopped, and I made 1 or 2 drawings and one test run of dubbing for Season 3, but nothing afterwards. I do have numerous merchandise from the show, like 4DE plushies, shirts, and even MLP Monopoly (not yet opened and likely never will). I still partake in the RP that we have going on here, even if it has slowed down considerably.

Looking at my post here, I think I provided more details that I originally did. I guess I'm more open about this than I thought.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

Rocko52

I'd love to own some figures, comics, and dvds of MLP, but I don't have the budget or courage to buy such stuff atm. As I've said before, I've only been getting back into MLP a few weeks back, after stopping maybe last June or July in response to loss of interest, annoyance at Equestria Girls and Alicorn Twilight, and getting much more into anime. That said, MLP is giving me nostalgia for the end of 8th grade, that summer, and Freshman year, as well as a bit before and after those times. I've started slowly rewatching the series, and it brings back memories, and it reminds me how much I loved/love the show, I can remember a lot as I watch it.

I think late summer 2012/fall 2012 my interest was starting to wane as well as we waited for Season 3, in fact, I had lost touch with it for a bit of time so I missed the premier as it happened, but when I realized Season 3 started, I remember watching a bunch of it on Youtube in December-February, I did miss some eps tho. I watched the opening, Too Many Pinkies, Babs Seed, I think I saw Just for Sidekicks, The Discord Reformation Episode, and then in April/May/March (whenever it was) I saw the finale the day it came out. I liked it, kind of, I loved Celestia's song since at that point I had been a brony for almost, or just about a year, and it was neat to see that bring back memories of the show. But as I said, Twi becoming an Alicorn did but a damper on my spirits. I kept watching pony videos/reading comics/fanfics for a little while until anime just kinda took over.

And now I'm back.

Edited on by Rocko52

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.