Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 13,921 to 13,940 of 14,348

sugarpixel

CorporalPegasus wrote:

Volke s posts never make any sense to me really. I have notices some Season 3 bashing but that is all. I think that is kinda justified, too. Worst season by far. Nearly everybody seems to be postive toward Season 4 expect some complaints about Pinkie Pie now, and i would agree with those complaints too.

Totally agree with this post. My thoughts exactly. ...can't say much for Season 3, though, because the only episodes I could assuredly tell you what season they are from is four...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt
I'm all caught up!
I haven't exactly read most of what I missed of the thread, I don't think I can.
Watched a livestream of the latest episode, even.

I thought it was good. I was actually in a situation kinda like Rarity's yesterday, though it wasn't provoked by someone else, but by me being lazy and then having to reach a deadline time on that day. I was hoping the episode would do more with Rarity having to cope with that, but hey, I think the moral was a good one. Heck, I think I actually learned that yesterday as a product of all the hullaballoo.

@CorporalPegasus: Happy late birthday!
As the official Pinkie Pie here, I think I'll put my thoughts down on how she's been lately: I hate when they use her for purely cheap comedy relief like in Bats, her jokes then only work sometimes and other times it just comes off obnoxious. Her part in Filli Vanilli was also pretty overwhelming, she is one to unknowingly get a negative reaction from whomever she's talking to, but she took it a bit too far. Nonetheless, I think she was pretty good in Maud Pie (By the way, I love the titular character. I never thought someone so muted in expression and straightforward with thought would be so hilarious. Or could exist in any form. ), Testing (I got a kick out of the 80's style rap video ) Trade Ya. And Pinkie Apple Pie.... man, that has to be my favorite episode this season. It really redeemed Pinkie Pie for me, and the show as a whole. I hope she'll display that level of warmth and hilarity in enjoying EVERYTHING again soon. I also like that ponies seem more affectionate towards Pinkie Pie this season, when you compare an episode like Pinkie Apple Pie to one like The Last Roundup, which capitalized on ponies finding her really irritating (I love that episode, but that's my one gripe with it). Honestly, the only thing I've had a problem about her with that's worth complaining about this season is how she acted in Filli Vanilli. She could be better, but I'm not sure why everybody dislikes her so much this season.

@Morpheal: I might have missed something being that I've only read a few recent posts here in there, but I read the past two pages. I have a feeling it was Volke being Volke though (I think I've read enough of his posts to judge that). I wanted to tell him sometime that he's putting way too many words in our mouths and taking a TV show way too seriously (I I took it too seriously back when I started getting into the show, though. Fan work that took stuff off cannon, save art style, made me uncomfortable back then. )

@JoeBroku: I used to hate My Little Pony with a burning passion until I finally gave this show a chance. I think part of why I like it is the warm feeling I get from it, one of the few cartoons I watch that pulls it off so well. I also like the humor a lot, and like @Aqueous said, it's not gender focused like a lot of other cartoons aimed at little girls are. Also, I think I remember a lot of earlier bronies saying it held a quality of older cartoons that can't be seen in newer cartoons. Can't say I agree with that, Cartoon Network's finest recent stuff is also pretty good imo.

@Twilight_Crow: The picture of Trixie lizard riding is my wallpaper now.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!

Super early post is a GO!

Slow week I see. I've been avoiding a lot of brony sites and forums lately because SPOILERS; so, I bet nothing safe to talk about... and vacations are over.

@CorporalPegasus I don't think the author was thinking about the tarot when he drew it, but who knows. Still, very nice piece indeed.

@Moorpheel Definitely random outburst. No one here has ever said season one is the all in all of pony, or anything like that. I should know, I was the last one who spoke to Volke here, and I only mentioned season four.

@ToastyYogurt yay for catching up. Glad you like that image.

Inspiration Manifestation... what a mouthful. Corey Powell... he wrote Rainbow Falls, so it doesn't surprise me he needed the help of Megan for this one. I am so mean. I actually liked this episode very much, I may be biased since I just love Tabitha taking Rarity to the limits.

So yeah, Rarity goes crazy on this one, and that my friends is a treat all by itself, but you also need to add the expressions, oh the expressions; the animation focuses so much on the characters in this episode that they really shine. Weirdly, I found Owlowiscious quite amusing too, I bet many will complain about how he does nothing but giving Spike a scolding stare, but I just like him to be there, with a great "voice", some funny dialogue and a lot expressions too. Spike was not at his top game, but I do like how they used him for this lesson, why with his obsession with Rarity it fits perfectly. The story was ok, a good lesson from yet another classic trope. If you think something your friend is doing is wrong, you tell him the truth, simple and clean. Maybe a bit too simple, but who cares? Rarity ate like 7 tubes of ice cream lol. And stressed Twilight is best Twilight.

Is it me or are there just too many carnivals and fairs in Equestria?

FoTW

To contrast with last week's fic, tonight on the ==Fic of The week,== a completely fluffy story:
"Another Cup Of Tea, Madam?" by Manes
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Complete Everyone]
Celestia comes to Ponyville for a visit on some business or another, but when she bumps into an excited and adorable little unicorn looking for a Princess to be at her tea party, Celestia, tired of working all the time, decides to relax and play along, letting forgotten memories from her past be reborn.

This funny little story is simplicity incarnated, a sweet idea that is cute no matter how you write it. Even if some of the one line characters feel a bit odd, the main characters are alright and you can't deny the fluffiness of their actions. It is just too sweet to dislike, even if it has some grammar issues. Basically a feel-good story that will at least make you smile... or die of diabetus.
Regular writting.

And Celestia... nuff said:

Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Aqueous

HURRAY! Now we currently have 300 different fan fics posted in this forum featuring various authors and genres with an estimated 70-80 being posted by @Twilight_Crow and most of those being FoTW.

Edit: Couldn't find this since posted, I had a numbering error as of april 22, 2015 we sit at 257 unique stories

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Lunapplebloom

@ToastyYogurt Huzzah! Glad that you were able to catch up. I look forward to you being able to see you around here more.

@Moorpheel I actually saw his last post before it was edited, but it's what everyone expected, and was shortened in the edit. He's just being himself I guess.

@TeeJay I feel your pain. I had to live that way for a while myself.

@Twilight_Crow Thanks for the constructive criticism. I really do appreciate it, and glad you enjoyed it so far. I'll take your opinions and run with it. Of course Sweetie Belle is the one trying to cause death from cuteness. Nice looking story though, and will read later. And of course, I had a feeling you would use that picture for this week. Looks like something from Final Fantasy.

@Aqueous Thanks for the stat details. Hard to believe that we had so many stories over the course of the thread, but I guess that's what happens when you have a thread that's coming onto 3 years old. Wow... now I feel old... er.

and for those that have not seen it yet...

As for today's episode, I liked it. Not really amazing, but I thought it was up to snuff, and may be one of my favorite episodes for the character...

And that character was Spike. I hear alot of people complain about Spike episodes, and it's not hard to see why when you have the mess that was 'Spike at Your Service'. He's always seems not quite engaging when he headlines things. Not only that, but he seems to be the constant end of jokes in the show that are sometimes downright mean. I just get the feeling that the show writers don't know exactly what they should do with him to advance his character, and I believe he's stagnated a little in that department. This episode goes a little bit to at least advance his character a bit more., and I enjoyed that. But enough ranting about what I think about Spike. I thought the episode was pretty well constructed. It had the familiar scenarios, but it all played out in an interesting manner for the most part. At first, i just thought that Rarity's new powers where going to her head, but then the reveal later on that she wasn't herself was an interesting small twist to me, though I had a feeling there was some influence in that green dark magic once the situation really got out of hand. Owloicious also plays conscious to Spike again, and I always do enjoy those moments. He and Spike seem to fit each other well, and have good chemistry. Also, Octavia... need I say more? And nice that we get references to both Luna and Cadence helping to fix the mess, but what about Celestia? Seems like the show is somehow avoiding even mentioning her for of screen being about. Strange...

And for those that don't mind, here is another Rainbow Rocks short.

I liked it.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

sugarpixel

I think this is my very favorite scene from this season:

(one of the very few times I like Pinkie Pie, too. )
I love how authentic they were; all the details are there! If you listen closely, they even included a slight buzzing noise in the background!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

sugarpixel

Sorry for my double post, but I just came up with an Idea! Untitled

Some other users here have weekly things they post; like fanfictions, etc... I thought of something I could do: weekly Pony Remixes!
There are lots; I think it would be fun to post one a week, if anyone would be interested in that.

I'll do one every Sunday! (because today is Sunday, and here is my first one)

This is probably my favorite MLP remix I've found. I love the way it sounds!

Different subject (but still kinda music related):

This is kinda just me thinking aloud, but I wondered what you guys maybe thought of this.
So, I was inspired by this song:

And I just got started thinking, "what if there was a MLP:FiM film with a style that fit this song?"
I imagine it with an art style with a bit more detail, a little bit darker colors... a little higher production values...
...a story that's a bit more serious than usual... but that still has the feeling that I love so much from MLP:FiM.
I imagine something like the Changelings, or the big spike vine things from the beginning of S4 (I don't remember if they had a name); some sort of apocalyptic conditions they must overcome to save the world...

A slightly darker mood MLP:FiM movie I think would be cool... with the above song in mind for as far as the general feeling I'm thinking of. And I'm thinking only slightly more serious in tone; I love the 'fun' quality of it, and wouldn't want that to be lost.

So what do you guys think of this idea? Would you be interested in a bit more serious version of MLP?

CorporalPegasus

@gioku that would be really cool, i would watch something like that any day but i dont think Hasbro would want that, it could potentialy hurt the kid friendly image. Besides there's fanficton for that. Also neat YTPMV!

IGOR!

sugarpixel

@CorporalPegasus oh yeah, pff, this will never actually happen I'm sure... at least not officially. Untitled With that song I posted, I imagine like, Applejack in the front, and the other mane six following behind, walking through the desert... behind them, the sun is rising, but ahead of them, in the distance, the sky is pitch dark and smoke rolls into the sky...

Also, not to be picky, but that was a PMV, not a YTPMV... but eh, close enough, and yes it is neat! I really love this one a lot! I have it on my 3DS (which I use like an mp3 player), and listen to it all the time! I can't get enough of it! XD

Edited on by sugarpixel

CorporalPegasus

@Gioku Well, who knows. Now that i think about it Hasbro still alowed Lesson Zero. Which was rather creepy for MLP, so who knows?

IGOR!

Discostew

Heh, I still haven't seen last week's episode, and yet tomorrow will be the last episode prior to the season finale's 2-parter....

And I spoiled it for myself by finding out that a recurring character will be in it. Who? Who else.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!

Busy week was busy. Thank Celestia for the weekend and ponies.

@Aqueous Wow, 300 fics posted (well 301 now ). Surely some links are not working anymore but the fact that so many have been posted is amazing. I know that fan fiction is what I love the most of all the fan content for FiM. Let's hope it goes on for a long time.

@Gioku Definitely, a slightly darker and more serious adventure of MLP would be very much welcomed; fan fiction is great but something with music and animation, like some of the big fan works in progress, would be cool. Also, nice remix, I'd love to see you posting more songs weekly, haven't have time to check fan music lately.

I remember how we used to have other people posting stuff weekly but they all stopped for several reasons. I guess nopony is as crazy as me , haven't missed a post in... never?... I have had delays though.

Anyway, we finally got to the Equestria Games yay. I liked this one, but I have the feeling is going to be ripped apart by the brony analysis guys, is just a feeling. I was amazed how it didn't feel disjointed with how many things were happening, so I would say Posky has done worst.

Would have never expected this to be another Spike centered episode, But I am not complaining imho the little guy deserves more love and respect, and this last to episodes have done that well. He was such a sweet child in this episode, his worries and reactions seemed so real relatable, I cared for him a lot. Again I am amazed how Polsky managed to tie Spike's plot with a good, interesting broad view of the Equestria Games. Would have loved to see more of the games? Yes. Do I however understand that the show is about focusing on characters instead of big events? Why of course, so yeah I liked that the games took the back sit, while still being interesting and fun to watch.

Also, Celestia doesn't talk sooo... the rumors that the reason we didn't see much of Celestia or Cheerilee in this season was because Nicole Oliver was not available due to she working on a live action show seems very valid now.

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The week,== a great origin of the princesses story, with an interesting format:
Book of Days by Warren Hutch
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Incomplete Everyone]
The diary of Clover the Clever. Centuries ago, the wise mare recorded in it the events surrounding the origins and early lives of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Today, thanks to the princesses' gracious consent and the scholarship of the talented translator Twilight Sparkle, this account may now be read by modern Equestrians.

Another origin story for the princesses, but this one is quite original in both plot and presentation. Twilight is responsible for translating Clover the Clever diary, that is the basic premise. She will unveil an amazing story told by Clover, about how The Warming Heart that had been shining over Equestria transforms into an white, alicorn filly with powerful magic. The cuteness of the little Celestia tied with the roughness of the early Equestrian times tells a tale that traps you from the beginning, and there are also Twilight's great foot-notes. Celestia and Luna also join in with the foot-notes sometimes adding an incredibly compelling comedy relief. Without a doubt a one of a kind piece of literature.
Wonderful Writing.

And Trixie... nuff said:

Untitled

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

sugarpixel

CorporalPegasus wrote:

@Gioku Well, who knows. Now that i think about it Hasbro still alowed Lesson Zero. Which was rather creepy for MLP, so who knows?

Hmm... I thought the freakiest thing they had ever done was the Changelings, IMO... those were pretty scary by MLP standards!

@Twilight_Crow oh yeah, I feel the same way on that. I would want it to be official if it happened; Fan Fiction always has that... well... fan fiction-y feel to it, if that makes sense. That's not a bad thing, but if it were done I'd want the official studio to do it. And this is how you know my interest in something has gotten deep, is when I start coming up with new ideas for it and such.
And as far as the remixes, one of my favorite things is music, and then just last week I discovered 'hey, there's all this MLP music people have made!', so I started listening to it.

And on that note, here's my remix of the week:

Some Equestria Girls, because... I like Equestria Girls.

Still need to watch the newest episode; I am out of town for my aunt's wedding this weekend so... not a lot of time for watching cartoons, as is easily understandable...

Rocko52

Hullo everypony, recently I've decided to get back into da ponies. I don't really know how it happened, but discussion of it/watching some more videos online/listening to some music/looking at art, all that good stuff led me to watch the first episode again, and it brought me back to two years ago when I first became a brony. Well, although I started to lose interest in it, the interest has been renewed, thus I am back. I should have you all know though, I have yet to watch any of Season 4, even though I plan to very soon.

Edited on by Rocko52

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

Discostew

I'm not caught up with the latest episode (I usually watch them after I download them, not from YT), but I did finally watch the one prior - "Inspiration Manifestation"

It was decent, but by the middle of the episode, I was expecting at least some pony to mention Discord, since he's the one that usually causes such mischievous changes. Of course he isn't really much for the fashionable changes that happened, but nonetheless. I also found out that Rarity is not made of marshmallow, but of vanilla oatswirl.....omnomnomnom. BTW......Spike ate the book. I wonder if Celestia will end up getting it the next time he burps.

Anyways, where are we with the RP? I want to say that I was the last to post, but I got to go through the pages to check.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

sugarpixel

@Rocko52 hey, cool to see you here! I'm a rather new brony myself; though I've liked the show since like... 2012 I think. Only really got started getting into it last September. Season 4 is the first season I've really followed closely.
I may be a new-ish brony, but I am becoming quite the enthusiast! I'm also kinda a weirdo in the MLP fandom, because of how much I love Equestria Girls, too.

sugarpixel

So, going off of that song and darker MLP idea I had, I made this logo:
Untitled
And... man, it turned out really awesome, if I do say so myself! I really outdid myself with this, I absolutely love how it turned out!
It perfectly captures the feeling I was thinking of.

What do you guys think?

CorporalPegasus

@Gioku Nice looking logo! I like the metal look it has. Also yes changelings are very creepy indeed (the're even worse in the comics...) still i think crazy Twilight Sparkle is creepier. Also cute avatar btw

Newest episode was good, but nothing too special. At least Spike is getting some development that i like. But i swear at least half the cast has stage fright at this point.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Rocko52

That's a very cool logo indeed.

You know, it's kinda weird since it hasn't been that long, but I coming back to the ponies has sparked this strange, nostalgic feeling for 1 1/2- 2 years ago. I remember reading a ton of fics, loving the show, thinking about it a lot, looking up stuff about it, being pretty much obssessed with it, etc It's kinda fun but strange. Like when I rewatched the series opening yesterday, I remembered it very well, and it was almost as if I could hear echoes of my thoughts from back when I watched it the first and second time. I dunno, it's just an odd feeling.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.