Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 13,781 to 13,800 of 14,348

Lunapplebloom

Huzzah! Gotcha @Gioku! Thanks again.

@Discostew Poor Twilight... All alone in the big cruel world, and for a while till you get back home to. Hope she's still there when you get back, and that Pinkie hasn't scratched a whole in your wall to let her in. (Can't stop thinking of Toy Story for a moment.)

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Discostew

I saved her! But, she wasn't where I expected her to be. Pinkie came in a box at my front door. When I got home, there was no box. I looked around the porch, but nothing was there. Then I thought of the only other place she could be, and sure enough she was there. In a bag......stuffed in the mailbox. Not quite stuffed, but somewhat snug. She at least wasn't bent out of shape when I opened the bag. She had this slight whimper for food.

Then I fed her some books.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Lunapplebloom

@Discostew lol Well glad she made it safely enough then. It's easy enough to please her at least. Throw in a few letters to write to Celestia, and Pinkie Pie to keep her company, and she should be quite comfy.

And it's that time again...

Comic Time!

I'm thinking of another name, but this will do for now. Sounds like the Twilight Time episode title.

For this installment, we have a new story in the Friends Forever Series of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Issue #3.

Untitled

Spoilers follow from this point. Untitled I will say I enjoyed this issue though.

Well I must say that whatever story heavily involves Celestia somehow turns out to be a real winner. Out of all the previous issues in the new Friends Forever series, this has to be my favorite! The story is simple enough, with Spike coming to Celestia to ask for her aid in finding a good telescope maker to replace the aging telescope of his best friend, mother/sister figure, Twilight. But the telescope maker needs some more lenses to finish his task, thus thrusting Spike on a quest to the Crystal Mountain to retrieve them. I find it nice that it was Celestia who decided to join him, and not that he asked for her. Throughout the whole issue, Celestia is constantly mentoring Spike in a way I've never seen before, and I rather like it. As with Celestia's Micro back in the Micro series, it's nice to get to know her character a bit more from a more cannon perspective. Here she's playing the role of mentor and teacher, while revealing her motivation toward her duty's to her subjects and especially Twilight. She knows that she must sometimes be the hard teacher, and let Twilight take care of things on her own while pointing her in right direction, and knows when she must step in to assist, as she demonstrates with Spike throughout the issue. But I digress. Anyways, I found the issue quite good, with Celestia and Spike playing off of each other quite well. These 2 need to interact with each other more often I reckon. The action sequence was also well thought out too, and there was some nice new creatures we haven't seen before showing up as well (I'm loving the expansion of Equestrian inhabitants from these comics). The art in this issue was also a step up from the previous ones, with the return of Agnes Garbowska as artist. I enjoyed her work on the Spike Micro, and she only improves here. Everything has a nice softness to it, and she knows how to flesh out the world. She's not my favorite artist for the series, but she get's extra points for conveying the script rather well. And I've pretty much touched everything. I strongly recommend this comic to anyone interested in the comic series to check this issue out. I found the pacing quite balanced, if slightly rushed for page constraints, the character interactions great, the humor solid, Spike well written for a change compared to the TV series, and overall just enjoyable to read from start to finish. A great issue in my eyes, and I hope the Micro series continues this upward trend in quality.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Volke93

If there's a real problem in this season (aside 2-3 of the Pinkie scenes that aren't in her episodes) I've only one thing to say:..... good luck Amy Keating Rogers.... please save Rainbow Dash before it's too late....

Volke93

Eel

Volke93 wrote:

If there's a real problem in this season (aside 2-3 of the Pinkie scenes that aren't in her episodes) I've only one thing to say:..... good luck Amy Keating Rogers.... please save Rainbow Dash before it's too late....

I still have no idea of what are you talking about :/

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

sugarpixel

I'm.... just gonna stop responding to you...

Darn, I didn't get up early enough to see today's episode on TV! D:

...YouTube it is!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Volke93

What I meant is, despite my love for this season, the only character that have been used in a bad way is Rainbow Dash: Daring Don't is good, but not exceptional, and Rainbow Falls was simply bad, one of the only two episodes I dislike in the whole season. Yes, RD had very great moments as a support character (see Flight to the Finish, Pinkie Pride and Maud Pie) but her episodes didn't make justice to the character, expecially if you think that EVERY OTHER MAIN CHARACTERS got AT LEAST one great episode in the whole season. The upcoming episode "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3" written by Amy Keating Rogers will have Rainbow Dash as protagonist once again and is her last chance to shine in the whole season.... this episode is her last hope for this season....

Volke93

Discostew

She did get a lot of attention in previous seasons, whereas Fluttershy did not afaik.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

sugarpixel

CorporalPegasus wrote:

Here's the latest episode:

It contains a lot of rocks. Grey rocks, brown rocks....

fixed it for you, and thanks! I still need to watch it.

EDIT: Nevermind, you've got it.

Edited on by sugarpixel

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

Gioku wrote:

Oh, and before I forget, what do you guys think of my newest avatar?
← :3

Its cute! I like it!

IGOR!

sugarpixel

About today's episode:

My favorite part was: Maud throws the rock, and it explodes... XD The best! XD
Also, did I miss something, where did the helicopter turtle come from...? The helicopter turtle is the best!
But I thought this one had a very nice story, and Pinkie Pie was the (relatively) normalest I'd seen her in awhile, which is a plus (as in she was a bit calmer than usual). I enjoyed this one! Maud reminded me a bit of myself... but like a thousand times exaggerated (even I am not that quiet )!

Metroidlink

Gioku wrote:

About today's episode:

My favorite part was: Maud throws the rock, and it explodes... XD The best! XD
Also, did I miss something, where did the helicopter turtle come from...? The helicopter turtle is the best!
But I thought this one had a very nice story, and Pinkie Pie was the (relatively) normalest I'd seen her in awhile, which is a plus (as in she was a bit calmer than usual). I enjoyed this one! Maud reminded me a bit of myself... but like a thousand times exaggerated (even I am not that quiet )!

weirdly enough I know the answer to this
It's from an episode early in S2 where Rainbow Dash is going to find a pet becuase everyone else has a pet.
at the end he choose the turtle becuase the turtle saved his life from rocks

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Aqueous

@Gioku - Fluttershy seems to have taken on some form of mutation from pony
(It is cute to be serious)

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony! Late post because RP table all day.

@Gioku I love your avatars, they are always cute . Honestly, Fluttershy's EQG design is one of the best... After Trixie's of course.

@Discostew yay, Twilight is home!

@Volke93 No one is complaining here, seriously. I personally don't even have a problem with RD this season. Pinkie was little over the top, but I think they are just trying to get her in a middle ground of randomness, they do listen to the analysis guys, she'll be better next season. I have criticized some episodes, but I like them all, even Rainbow Falls. That episode had a messy plot, does that made it bad? Nah, just oddly written. Also, I didn't want to know the name of that episode you mentioned, or any episodes to come, could you please don't spoil them.

@Lunapplebloom Will read your review as soon as I finish the comic. It looks really good.

Maud Pie was incredibly enjoyable, for such a simple premise, liked it a lot.

I looooooved Maud, she was cool. So baddonkey, and with such attitude, awesome!

The interactions were funny, the animation great and Pinkie Pie was very well written this time, I like when they take her so seriously. It was her sister after all and they showed a great bond between them without much dialogue. One of my favorite episodes this season.

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The week,== just a nice one shot, because time for reading has been running short:
Nopony Special by Drake Clawfang
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Complete Everyone]
During one of her nightly watches on the dreamscape, Luna comes across a very peculiar nightmare. A young filly is tormented by the meaning of her cutie mark. They say a cutie mark is a sign of a pony's special talent, it appears when they discover that thing they really love and makes them special. So what does it mean when one receives their cutie mark for doing nothing special at all?

This cute piece give us a different point of view about cutie marks. Princess Luna and the filly are very well written, and the whole dream is vivid and well thought, including some symbolism. Above all, It give a different depth to our young character.
Good writting.

And I hadn't put a comic in a long time. Have some cute princesses.
Untitled

Edited on by LzWinky

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

sugarpixel

@Twilight_Crow haha, that comic reminds me of trying to give hugs to my little sister! So cute! :3
(Also, MAJORA'S MASK REMAkE CONFiRMED!!!11!1! lol )

Oh and thanks guys, I'm glad you like my avatar! I love it, too!

Also, any of you who are also fans of Kirby should get a kick out of this like I did:

Edited on by sugarpixel

GuardianKing

After writing around for a bit and working on other pieces, I've decided to come back to writing fics again. This is my current project:

Asylum Function: Secrets of Equestria

This one is a little odd, as the core concept of this alternate universe involves everyone being human, Celestia and Luna are basically deity-like angels referred to as Oracles, and magic is replaced by ESP.

There are still a few kinks to iron out, mainly with chapter 2 as I've written most of it on my mobile phone, but overall, I consider it a decent start to the story.

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.