General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 13,701 to 13,720 of 14,743

AuthorMessage

Gioku

13,701. Posted:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

That was a great YTP, laughed way too hard at spike.exe has stopped working.

That was good, but I liked the Star Wars part the best.
"You're going to LIKE smartypants..."
Untitled

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

13,702. Posted:

..... DAILY DERP #60!
Untitled
This was done by GiantMosquito. He's done some stuff I think I've used before. HAVE A LINK!!!
http://giantmosquito.deviantart.com/

Okay, so I said this might become weekly, but after a day with my workload, I think I can find the time for this. But I'll need your cooperation. If I don' derp for a day or two, I'll make up for it when I can. So, for the most part... THE DAILY DERP CONTINUES!!

Make sure to grab your umbrella, it's raining tacos out there.
"There's no such thing as no such thing."
-Greed

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

13,703. Posted:

Daily Derp #61!
Untitled
This was done by inkieheart The rest of her stuff is just as adorable. Have a link.
http://inkieheart.deviantart.com/

-Greed

AuthorMessage

DawnOverALilly

13,704. Posted:

I am sorry but I must ask, what is it with my little pony. Wasn't it intended for the younger humans and intelligent Pony's?

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of that.
Marisa- That's a definite no.

AuthorMessage

Gioku

13,705. Posted:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

I am sorry but I must ask, what is it with my little pony. Wasn't it intended for the younger humans and intelligent Pony's?

I remember once, long ago, when I asked that same question... and look where I am now... ;)

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

DawnOverALilly

13,706. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

I remember once, long ago, when I asked that same question... and look where I am now... ;)

lol, same thing happened with me and Touhou, but I don't think I can handle something that's has arguably a similar fan base to Touhou.

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of that.
Marisa- That's a definite no.

AuthorMessage

Discostew

13,707. Posted:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

As said by the creator of Friendship is Magic (Lauren Faust), she didn't want to make a My Little Pony show just for the target audience (she didn't make the previous ones). She wanted to make it enjoyable for all ages, from the target audience to the parents of said target audience. Generation 1 was alright, but those in between (Gen 2, 3 and......ugh...3.5) were all geared towards the target audience with a frenzy. What makes Friendship is Magic so different and special is how each episode plays out, the antics that happen, and the lessons learned from each. Think of it like how Shrek is made for all ages. The kids enjoy it because of how silly it is, but the older people get some of the jokes and humor that the kids wouldn't understand. Seriously, much of what happens is a throwback to some of the old classic cartoons like Looney Toons. Its presentation is also rather remarkable. Much work was put into it, like the songs. So many of them are unforgettable because they are done so well.

It's just a great show. Many people are put off because it involves colorful ponies. I was like that too once, until I sat down and began looking at short clips on Youtube. That turned into watching actual episodes to later on being involved in forums, chat rooms, and such that talked about the show (like here). Many others are put off of the show, not because of the show itself, but because of it being pushed across all nooks and crannies of the internet. I understand that. Having anything forced in your face is always a bad thing.

All we can ask is for people to watch a few episodes, like having an open mind to something new and/or different. If after that they still don't like it, then that's ok. We're just happy that people will give it a chance.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Gioku

13,708. Posted:

@Discostew: Well said, brutha'! :)
Someone told me basically the same thing a long time ago (as I mentioned above), but they didn't put it nearly as elegantly you did.

If you had responded to me back then, I might've been a true fan earlier!

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Void

13,709. Posted:

I have to say, I'm now a fan of the show.

I was never really interested when I first heard of it back when it started, I watched a few episodes last year but didn't really get into it, yet, some of my friends who are bronies, who got me to watch a few episodes in the first place, eventually convinced me to try it again. Or, more so, I moved into the city and got netflix and decided to try it again. I watched the first few episodes and really liked it.

Then by end of the week I finished watching all 65 episodes. (I also saw the movie, because I wanted to see just how bad, or good, it was, I though it was more of a bleh.)

Edited on by Void

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage

Discostew

13,710. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

@Discostew: Well said, brutha'! :)
Someone told me basically the same thing a long time ago (as I mentioned above), but they didn't put it nearly as elegantly you did.

If you had responded to me back then, I might've been a true fan earlier!

Saw the date of when you made that similar post. I wasn't even on this board at that time, so unfortunately, I couldn't have responded. Even if I was, I probably wouldn't have put it in such the way as I did at this time.

@Void

Seriously, I continue to procrastinate watching the movie, even though I've had access to it for the past 3 weeks (yes, I even had access to it while on vacation and still hadn't watched it). My brother, who isn't a brony but likes the show, has seen it......my own brother.......

Edited on by Discostew

AuthorMessage

Gioku

13,711. Posted:

I think it started for me when I was talking to one of my friends - who claims to be a brony - and I knew more about the show than he did... he couldn't remember the names of all the characters...

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

13,712. Posted:

Deviantart is being mean, so there probably won't be a derp today...
EDIT: DA is working, so... DAILY DERP #62!
Untitled
Thos was done by pridark. All of her work is great. Have a link!
http://pridark.deviantart.com/

Edited on by Inazuma_Pikpik

-Greed

AuthorMessage

Discostew

13,713. Posted:

Pikpikman_X wrote:

Deviantart is being mean, so there probably won't be a derp today...
EDIT: DA is working, so... DAILY DERP #62!
Untitled
Thos was done by pridark. All of her work is great. Have a link!
http://pridark.deviantart.com/

At first, I thought that bag was filled with marshmallows.

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

13,714. Posted:

Cool car stickers!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/gonein10seconds/works/1002836...

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

13,715. Posted:

Daily Derp #63!
Untitled
I thought I'd take a different approach to today's derp. This was done by crimsonreign. She's done some other epic stuff, so check it out with this link!
http://crimsonsreign.deviantart.com/

-Greed

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

13,716. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

At first, I thought that bag was filled with marshmallows.

Maybe they are letter-shaped marshmallows!

First there was the parody of the parody:

Then the guys that made the parody made a parody of the parody of the parody. Madness.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Inazuma_Pikpik

13,717. Posted:

Daily Derp #64!
Untitled
This was done by transparentpony. All of his stuff is pretty cute. Have a link.
http://transparentpony.deviantart.com/

-Greed

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

13,718. Posted:

Hello everypony, wish you all are having a nice weekend! Time for my weekly post! yay

Guess what? Equestria Girls did come to theaters over here, it was just for three days though. I went to the movies with a bunch of bronies, and man that was fun. We all know the movie isn't that great, but it can be very funny at some parts, and then all the bronies would clap at it, lol.

@Aqueous Hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

@Gioku @Void Welcome to the NL herd! :)

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week,== a story not too big, not too small, and not amazingly original, but with a lot of heart. I present you:

On The Line by TheBigBob
[On Fimfiction Adventure Complete Teen]
Since her return, Princess Luna took upon herself to use her dreamwalking powers to visit the common pony folk nightmares and help them with their fears and anxieties. One night Luna steps into the dreams of a young filly and finds out that the pony is dying. The Royal Princess realizes she may be her last hope, and has no other choice but to try to help. Will Luna be able to save the filly walking the line between life and death?

This story is simple, but holds a complexity that comes from the dreams of the filly. I am no fan of symbolism, and I can't see it clearly, but there are some very interesting ideas going on in the dreams we see, and they have very nice popculture tones. The structure in general is also very enjoyable, and the OC is extremely well fleshed out, as it should be since we spend most of the time inside her mind.
Oh and the interactions between the characters are the best of it all.
The writing is good.

And... this is so true:
Untitled

Until next time.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

ToastyYogurt

13,719. Posted:

Pinkie Pie was hopping across a luscious green field. All of a sudden, the field sprouted plants of many kinds. From the plants came cake and cookies and muffins and all sorts of baked yummies. All of a sudden, the entire field and all of the goods made from it set on fire and exploded into glitter. Then the moon came down from the sky and asked her to dance. She said yes and they walked happily across the charred, glittery ground.

Pinkie woke up in Dizzy's lap to feel him rubbing her head again. She begins to pant like a dog again before her stomach growled and sent the train car vibrating. She was really hungry, but she didn't want to leave Dizzy. Just then the sweet cart came through the aisle. Pinkie, head towards the window, heard the cart's wheels move, heard the clattering of candies together. Without thinking much about it, she stretched out her tongue like a frog towards the sweet cart, reached her goal, and pulled it back in to swallow. But before she could, she felt something trying to get out of her mouth. She spat out the empty cart, the pony pushing the cart, and Rarity, all soaking wet. "Oh, hiya Rarity! I didn't know you here!" said Pinkie cheerfully.

Loggeroggery! (Now Playing)
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

AuthorMessage

Gioku

13,720. Posted:

@ToastyYogurt: This story is... slightly unsettling... 0_o

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery