Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 13,541 to 13,560 of 14,348

CorporalPegasus

I suppose the whole new and shiny thing did go away after the wedding episodes (at least, that's how i felt it was...) but i supose that is with everything. Pokémon like mentioned before, but well nearly every cartoon's fanbase gets more quiet and reserved over time. (I remember when the internet was flooding with Adventure Time memes, now it's rare to even see an AT avatar, despite the show's quality increasing over time.) I also suppose i'm guilty of the same crime as @Discostew, i dont really create much related to MLP anymore. On the other side, i'm not really losing interest in it, and i believe the worst days of MLP:FiM are behind us. (Looking at you Season 3) So yeah, i believe @Morpheel is right too.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

sugarpixel

So,

• I am an artist;
  • I draw things I enjoy;
  • I enjoy MLP;
  • Therefore one of the things I draw is MLP stuff.

...that and I'm a relatively new fan... so yeah.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Eel

Don't worry Gioksy, I didn't meant to throw stones at any of you lol.

Of course it's ok to do what you like, it's just a little pattern I noticed.

I think it happens with basically every new fandom... This one was just very vocal at first (as I mentioned, many people went crazy for the attention)... Now the newness is gone and it reached the point where most fans are just... Fans (including the artsy ones).

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

While my "contribution" to the fandom had died down, I do find myself with an increase in MLP products, like my Pinkie Pie plush, another MLP shirt, and my aunt said today that my gift from her from Christmas finally came in after being on backorder....MLP Monopoly.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Discostew

I found this too funny when scrolling through Cheezburger

Untitled

Discostew

sugarpixel

Yeah yeah, I've begun my collection of MLP figures! I've got, um... 7 of them or so.

...if only we didn't have those Equestria Girls dolls around... o.o

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!

So, school started this week for me, I picked I light schedule because I will be also looking for a job, wish me luck.

Didn’t have enough time to really review Pinkie Apple Pie, I can only repeat it was really good, and my favorite episode of season 4 so far. Rainbow Falls was nice too, I liked it just fine; it felt on the same style and...

I loved the use of characters that seemed to had been forgotten, even Fleetfoot got a voice, and I actually love how they used Derpy without putting too much into her. Overall the story was fine, a bit cliche but RD really felt organic on this one, liked her. Only things that I didn´t like: In Wonderbolts Academy they had shown Bulk Biceps as a slightly better flyer, and seriously will we ever see Twilight flying again? This episode was perfect for a little of that.

@Gioku Never got the chance to tell you that that cute style of yours is cute. You are one great artist.

Trixie’s Month on the FoTW

Yep, this feature continues, so here goes tonight’s ==Fic of The Week:==
Lodestar by BubuJones
[On Fimfiction Adventure Incomplete Everyone]
Trixie strives to reach her ultimate goal: Becoming Great and Powerful for real rather than simply proclaiming her skill. In this journey she will be forced to overcome many obstacles and adapt to her changing circumstances in order to ensure her success. A new challenge is set before her; but when adversaries emerge, enemies-turned-friends may be Trixie's only hope.

A very cool take on the Trixie struggles formula. Luna is looking for an apprentice and a tournament will be held in orther to find one, and Trixie will go through quite tha trouble to participate. The whole adventure from the moment Trixie decides to participate, to the first challenge of the tournament, is fun and challenging and Trixie is both relatable and obnoxious, a commendable balance.
Good writing.

And... I feel the same Trix, I feel the same.
Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Lunapplebloom

For my thoughts as to what is happening with the fandom not being as loud, I agree with both Discostew, Corporal, and Morpheel. It's become pretty much a norm now. People have also found their place within the fandom, wherever it is in animation, music, fanfiction, or art. The best have settled in, so there is no longer a huge clamor of people trying to leave their big mark. And I know I was making some things, such as a few art pieces, and a minicast video. I still have some pony things in the works, but time constraint really is binding me for now. I'm sure I'll move on from trying to make pony things at some point, but for now I'm ponying up. Love the Hubs new catchphrase.

@TeeJay Ah, I was wondering if you had just taken a break or something. Good to see your still about yet however. And looked up some rock covers of the Bats song, and I gotta say I like that version of it, and thought it was pretty good. Don't know if it's the same one you were talking about though. Which is the one you were referring to? If you can link it anyways.

@Twilight_Crow Oh I hope that your job hunt goes well! I know how it feels to be searching, and that you pick one up soon. As for the story, you had me at Luna. But seriously, sounds like a good read, and I agree with your points on the latest episode. Also Trixie looks adorable there, and I share the feeling.

@Gioku I love your Flutterdhy pic in that style, and I can't wait to see Rarity when you get to it.

@Discostew Probably so. Gotta keep them eyes peeled for what may come next. Also I love the little comic you posted, and pony merchandise.

But speaking of merchandise, I finally got Pinkie Pie in the mail!
Untitled
Now Twilight's got someone to talk to.

And as for the latest episode today, I liked it. Not sure where I'd put it yet till the newness wears off and I get some perspective, but it had some great stuff. but for those that haven't had the chance to see it yet...

For one, we got Bulk Biceps, and he said more than just "Yeah!". I was never expecting him to have such an active roll, so his inclusion came as a shock to me. I found that paring him up with Fluttershy was very clever, and to see the clash of their personalities but still getting along nice to see.

Then of course, the one everyone will be talking about. Derpy showed up... enough said. Actually, I got to give the writers and show staff credit for resisting showing any sign of Derpy till this exact moment. It really gave the scene where she comes in that extra punch that wouldn't have been as impactful if she had been in her usual "Where's Waldo" roll in the past episodes for this season. Overall, I found her appearance surprising and well done, and that we get to her her as a supportive character at some other point in the show.

But the comedy was good and pacing was good as well. A simple slice of life episode that shows more of what we shall be seeing about the much hyped Equestria Games. After seeing Rainbow Dash's Rainbow trinket at the end though, I can tell that the rainbow thing must be very important since we have 2 now so far with Rarity as well. I wonder what everyone else's will be.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

I loved this weeks episode! Bulk Biceps had a nice voice and was a great comedic duo of some sorts with Fluttershy. Nice little Derpy, not as big like back in S2 but it was cute. Dash was written well, the writers seemed to get her personality down pretty well now. And a bit of continuity, which is nice, but i think Spitfire keeps getting being a jerk more and more every episode, lol. Only thing that i would've liked is that scootaloo would be in here, but idk. It was good.

@Lunapplebloom Is Twili wearing a necklace or something? Did that come with the plushie? Nice plushie anyway.

IGOR!

sugarpixel

Hahaha yeah, Bulk Biceps and Fluttershy make quite the pair, hahaha. They're almost polar opposites, but... put them together in one place and chaos ensues apparently, lol. It was good!

Eel

As usual, great episode. Loved those two in the background, you know who, also basically everyone in the background.

So two of our characters already got their keys to harmony by passing trials to prove their elements. Wonder how will the other 4 will be.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Lunapplebloom

@CorporalPegasus Thanks. What Twilight is wearing though is an MLP dog tag. They come in a blind bag sort of package, so you get one at random. I decided to try my luck, and got Twilight being Star Swirl. Figured she would look better with it on.

But careful about spoilers you 2. I know that a certain somepony has yet to see it. Not getting after you guys though, just being a little cautious. You're fine though Morpheel.

And I recently saw this amazing poster on Tumblr this morning from the Journey of the Spark team.
Untitled
Seeing this makes me feel hopeful that the team will pull off an awesome film.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Discostew

Still haven't seen the latest episode, but I have it on my computer, ready to be watched. I am looking forward to this week's episode though.

A couple of days ago, I got my latest MLP item, this time from my aunt who meant to get this for me for Christmas but it was on backorder. She found out about my interest in MLP:FiM through my cousin, who is also a "brony", that I was into it (and who considers me the biggest brony of the family/clan)

Untitled

That brings the count to either 6 or 7. Only two of them did I get myself.

Discostew

sugarpixel

@Discostew Oh, I forgot to mention: I saw that in Barnes & Noble a couple of days ago, and I want it just for the playing pieces! Those are awesome figures in their own right!

CorporalPegasus

Oh my, Equestria Girls 2: rocking rainbow kinda nearly 90% officalish confirmed. Its about punk bands or something. Neat!
And the human Vinyl Scratch gets a car! How cool is that!

@gioku lovely new avatar!

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Discostew

Just got around to watching this latest episode

It was pretty good. Not "Pinkie 'Apple' Pie" good, but still good. I love that they brought back Derpy. I know she was there at the end of Season 3, but ever since that commotion in Season 2, it felt putting her in any spotlight would be controversial. However, even with a bigger part here, she is once again a pony without a name and without a voice officially. I know Bulk Biceps was meant for some comedy relief, and I'm glad he does more than just "Yeah!", but it got a little tiring after a while with him yelling all the time. Perhaps my one real complaint involves Rainbow Dash going through the same motions time and time again with regard to her Element of Harmony: Loyalty. It just seems at any moment where something benefits her, she's willing to look the other way, even when it can affect her loyalty to others. I know we saw Rarity conflict with her element in her episode, but that was only after things turned to desperation. All-in-all though, it was pretty good.

As for upcoming episodes...

We're finally gonna hear Weird Al in action with this week's episode, but I just found out that in the episode for next week, Discord will be back again. Makes me glad, as his presence in this season's intro felt like a sign of him being around more. That'll make it 3 out of 12 episodes (technically 2 if you combine the first two as one season premier, but still). I'm glad that Mr. John de Lancie has taken such an active role in FiM and fandom when it all initially started with just taking the role as an every-day part of his job/life.

I had been checking 4DE often because it seems they might have been discontinuing the Twilight plush with it being out of stock for quite some time, so I sent an email asking what was going on. this is the reply I got.

Dear ---------,

Thank you for writing in!

Yes, since Twilight has been up for sale longer, the stock has gotten low. We will have to produce more later this year. Pinkie should stay up for plenty longer.

We also plan to release the other Mane 6 cast and other characters too throughout 2014! We hope to see you back then too. Thank you for asking, and please write back any time!

Sincerely,
Angela at 4DE

Figured this might interest some people coughlunacoughapplecoughbloomcough as they are confirming the rest of the 6 this year, as well as more (I get the feeling Derpy is on the list). I glad to see they are going to restock Twilight, because I keep thinking back to when I was at the last (and first) Sac Brony convention that they had a full load of this Twilight plushies and I had money right then and there to get one but didn't.

@Lunapplebloom I don't know why, but whenever I see stuff about the Journey of the Spark, I just don't feel excited at all. Yes, it might be a great movie, but it just concerns me with no explanation as to why I feel this way. It might be because the group is going overboard on the project vs all these other groups that do much smaller stuff here and there. The last "big" contribution to the fandom that I experienced was Double Rainboom, which was done well, but it felt like a "view-once-and-leave" offering.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

Bolt_Strike

Lunapplebloom wrote:

And I recently saw this amazing poster on Tumblr this morning from the Journey of the Spark team.
Untitled
Seeing this makes me feel hopeful that the team will pull off an awesome film.

Is this legit? Seems a bit early for them to reveal a movie that isn't even coming until 2015. If it is though, I hope it's better than Equestria Girls.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.