Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 13,501 to 13,520 of 14,348

Aqueous

@Gioku - But she lacks fangs
I think I read your thoughts, or maybe I didn't. @Twilight_Crow's point on the nods is a good one. Though, as I said, I'll be watching closely for what happens from now on.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

sugarpixel

So, you guys may remember, but the first thing I ever posted in this thread was a YTP. ...well, the same guy just made a new one!

His other one was good, but... this one is AMAZING. He's definitely gotten better!

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

!!!! Season 5! Amazing! Lets hope it has 26 episodes!

@Twilight_Crow Why did Trixie and Lightning Dust get so popular? Why does everybody see Luna as a gamer? Our fandom has mysterious ways

IGOR!

SheldonRandoms

Season 5 huh? I heard Season 12 was already confirmed, and in that season.........no, wait, I shouldn't spoil

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

CorporalPegasus

Well today's episode was great, a great episode! Very decent humour, pacing, story. Plus we got a bit of fanservice.

Nice to have in small bits!

IGOR!

sugarpixel

Oh yeah... new episode today... I almost forgot...!
...guess I'll watch it while I eat lunch!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!

Early post since I'm RPGing tonight. This will happen more often this year, but I will keep up posting as long as more pony keep coming (WOO SEASON 5!) and good fanfiction is still being written.

New episode! yay. This one was great. Very funny, and charming and clever and...

Best song of season 4!
Seriously, this was the total opposite of last weeks episode. The plot was as simple as it could get, they actually took the family trip trope and simplify it to the limit! But the jokes kept coming and coming and the characters were always doing or saying something entertaining, and the interactions between the Apples were believable and simply fun. Also, having Pinkie being the voice of reason sometimes felt weird in a good way. I like this new writer, Natasha Levinger. Also, Pinkie + Physics = √ -1 .

I most admit I am blindly throwing praise at it because this is the kind of episode I like the most, half adventure, half comedy.with a balanced plot. It probably had some defects I didn't see. Maybe it was a bit rushed? I don't know. I will talk more about it later this week.

Ok, full disclosure, I've been on a Trixie mood for a while now. The perceptive guys should have noticed the increase on Trixie's fics, and art in my posts. The G&PT climbed from being out of my top ten favorite ponies to number 3 in about a year (I blame Magic Duel and Sethisto). So, to get it out of my system (and because honestly Trixie is awesome ), I will post some great Trixie fics I haven't posted. So, expect only Trixie until february the first. Get ready for:

Trixie's Month on the FoTW

Let's start this special series of the ==Fic of The Week== with a bang, I present you:
Born What I Will Be by PurplePolymath
[On fimfiction AlternateUniverse Complete Everyone]
You have to wonder, what kind of parents could have brought such a great, gracious, and powerful pony into the world? One who came to believe she deserved to be seen on stage, seemingly worshiped. Well, truth be told you know the showmare's family quite well, perhaps even better than you think.

No changes to the description this time, and the reason is because this piece is a work of mastery with words, and the description is part of it. Like a poem, but without rhyme or reason, as the author prefers, this story reinvents the origins of a pony, or is it a star? In my eyes this is a love letter to the character of Trixie Lulamoon, figuratively speaking, and its idea is beautifully executed.

And since too much Trixie is expected... let's put some Flutterbat... because Apples.
Untitled
-
-
-
-
Just kidding have some epic Trixie.
Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

sugarpixel

CorporalPegasus wrote:

Well today's episode was great, a great episode! Very decent humour, pacing, story. Plus we got a bit of fanservice.

Nice to have in small bits!

This is fanservice...? Am I missing something...?

Aqueous

@Gioku - Tara Strong put the sound to this on the internet I think it season 2, the episode which I'm yet to watch is referencing this and its spin offs,

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

sugarpixel

Alright guys, just wanted to update everypony on my most recent pony artistic endeavor:
So I've got this art style I developed over the summer last year, and I recently started working with it again. This is my most recent drawing with it:
Untitled
And a couple of others:
Untitled
Untitled
And so I was thinking of what to draw next in this style, and suddenly it came to me, the perfect subject: the Equestria Girls!
I'm going to draw the Equestria Girls in this style!

Usually, I use sort of a greyish-blue color for the shading of the skin, but for these ones I'll use different colors depending on what color each one usually is (i.e. Fluttershy will have yellow shading, Pinkie Pie will have pink, etc.), so they'll still be totally white, but with a hint of their usual color. The only one that'll use the usual color scheme will be Rarity, since she's already the same color as I usually use!

So get ready, guys! I'll probably be able to do about one a day this week.

Lunapplebloom

@MasterGraveheart I was wondering where you had gotten off to. Glad to see you are still around though, and thanks for the good news. I predicted it would make it to the 5th, though if it can make it past the 6th will be the true test. 5 is usually the cut off point.

@Corporalpegasus & @Discostew Good points. Good points... I can see it now... Princess Twilight Sparkle, Ruler of Organized Chaos.

@Corporalpegasus Love that little nod there.

@Gioku I'd very much like to see what you can do with that style with Equestria Girls. I like all your previous pics in it too.

@Twilight_Crow I can see some of your reasons for Rarity Takes Manehatten, but I still think they did a great job with it anyways. Still one of my highlights this season to me. As for Coco Pommel, I'm going to guess everyone loves the underdog hero, and she has gotten to me a bit through that. She has a long way to go before she breaks into my lofty list of fave ponies though. And thanks again for more story updates and artwork, and thanks for the heads up going into this year with that table RP.

Speaking of last Saturday episode though, I think it was even better than the previous week's episode, and is runner for best single episode of the season. I'll say a little more later, as it's been a little overactive for me this past week. (only got to see the new episode today.) I'll leave this here though for now...

Best new season song. ♪ We're Apples to the core! ♪

And did anyone notice this? Cause I sure didn't.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Eel

A certain cat appeared in the previous episode too, so I'm not surprised they added more internet references. We are like... their biggest audience after all

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

sugarpixel

Alright guys! Here's Equestria Girls in my art style part 1!
Untitled
(click the image for a larger view)
What do you all think?
(Rarity is up next!)

SheldonRandoms

@Gioku That looks swell........speaking of swell, I should draw something.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Discostew

Just finished watching the latest episode, and......

I think I found my most favorite episode this season. Yes, perhaps even more than Castle Mane-ia and the season premier with Discord. Loved the musical number. Loved how more "animated" it all felt. Loved all the antics that happened in it, and I loved how it involved my two favorite mane ponies and favorite CMC. It might just be me with the musical number because I have a thing for country music on occasion. Must have been when I resided in Montana for a couple of years. It just really flowed and built upward well towards the end of it imo. Guess the country nature is partly why I also like Applejack and Applebloom so much. Hearing the song again, Big Mac did join in with the chorus. I do find it hilarious how he's restricted with speaking other than "yep" and "nope", and interrupted when saying anything else. This episode was filled with numerous instances that made me go "well that's just plain silly", like the squirrel stuck on the tree by sap, the fish that caught the map and later taken off by an eagle, the duck that paddles away with the steering wheel (and later taken off by the same eagle, lol) as well as other instances. It was just pure enjoyment, something I've only felt with a select number of episodes (though I like most). Then there's Pinkie Pie and her wide range of expressions. Oddly enough, she didn't seem "as crazy" as she has been the past number of episodes but still rather involved. Just tagging along for the ride with little instances of crazy here and there. Applebloom shows why I like her so much. And, I just realized she did an Apple-licious just prior to losing the map. The voice actor for her has really improved on her singing voice (again, imo). All in all, this is most definitely my favorite episode of the season thus far.

@Lunapplebloom

There was no way I would have noticed Slenderman unless I was looking in the right spot. Seems like the team is really digging into the internet to supply the show with things that make us want to watch it. Now after that was spotted, we aren't just going to be looking for Derpy. We're gonna be looking for anything and everything.

@Gioku What are you using to draw those? Those look nice, but the way you do the hair caught my eye.

I went and updated my profile pic, but I realized that all of the images I saved that I riffle through were on the main drive of my desktop, which since Friday was out of commission. Currently using my laptop for everything now. Those and numerous other things are possibly lost forever unless I can figure out how to get the drive to spin up again without damaging anything.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Eel

About the lastest episode

I just love the way they indirectly confirm Pinkie is indeed part of the Apple clan by giving the crazy cat aunt some of her traits and quirks, like the anti-gravitational powers when taking the book from under a pile of more books

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.