-
-
-

NOW DIE!

Untitled

Now let's Celesbrate!
Untitled

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYPONY!

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

sugarpixel

OK so I want to discuss the new episode:

As I have so far said every time: this is my new favorite so far this season, hahaha! ...I'm not so sure I'm too big on the ending, though... I do not want Fluttershy permanently becoming a vampire!
Anyway, other than that I thought it was a neat episode! And boy do they like that "Winter Wrap-up" song; they've referenced it twice already this season, lol. But I had to enjoy it since it was a mainly Fluttershy-centric episode.

And you guys know how much I like Fluttershy!

I was in an artistic mood yesterday, so I drew this:
Untitled
Three of my favorite characters all together in one drawing!

And happy New Year everypony as well!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Captain_Toad

@Gioku And dat Fluttershy stare. Heh heh Was she known to do that?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Discostew

Gioku wrote:

@Captain_Toad yes, I believe she is! I don't remember which episode exactly she had previously used it in, but I do remember it.

Stare Master - Season 1, Episode 17. That was the first episode involving it.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

SheldonRandoms

2014 will be the year of the horse, and the horse is sorta like the pony in a way, so that mean, YEAR OF THE PONY.

Also, where did I go?

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Aqueous

@Twilight_Crow - Just remember to take yourself out last

@Gioku - That's a really good one, I like it, nice use of pencil and shading.

Edit: Completely forgot. Happy New Year! (Just past 10 minutes into it here)

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

@Aqueous I am immune to the cuteness, >:3 that little AJ only gave me a minor stroke.
Happy New Year my friend!

@Gioku @Discostew Actually, the first episode to show the stare was Dragonshy, but they didn't explained it was kinda a power Flutershy had until The Stare Master. And I have no idea why you guys are using spoiler tags while talking about this, but monkey see...

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

Discostew

Twilight_Crow wrote:

@Aqueous I am immune to the cuteness, >:3 that little AJ only gave me a minor stroke.
Happy New Year my friend!

@Gioku @Discostew Actually, the first episode to show the stare was Dragonshy, but they didn't explained it was kinda a power Flutershy had until The Stare Master. And I have no idea why you guys are using spoiler tags while talking about this, but monkey see...

Well, this discussion turned to old content, so I guess as long as we keep putting spoiler tags on references to the newer episode, we don't need to put them on old content.

I don't know about that. It wasn't the silent stare-down that began with Stare Master. That was more of her being assertive/angered.

Correction, the Stare Master episode had both the silent and non-silent stare-downs, so I don't know anymore.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

CorporalPegasus

Happy 2014!

@Gioku i really like that drawing. Nice shading.

I dont think she uses the stare in Dragonshy. She was just pushed to the limit and just used her ways of dealing with animals to save them. Also considering Dragonshy is one of the first and Stare Master one of the last of season 1, perhaps it wasn't even a thing back then? Idk though.

IGOR!

sugarpixel

Thanks @Aqueous and @CorporalPegasus! I feel like making more drawings with Kirby, Fluttershy, and Shy Guy now!
Maybe it should become a series... the adventures of Kirby and Fluttershy (and tagalong Shy Guy :3)

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Lunapplebloom

Happy New Year!!! May this be a great year of pony to celebrate the year of the horse!

(And for some possum love as well.)

Untitled

@Twilight_Crow What?! No! You've found my weakness! Feels heart stopping Ok, ok, I give! Little Applejack with fangs is one of the cutest things I have seen.

@Gioku Nice picture there. I'd love to see it made into a little series if you can. Just don't forget about your other Lord of the Rings Ponified project (Though if you are doing both, or putting it on hold, then no worries. ). Also, Rosararity for brawl! I called it first.

@SheldonRandoms To put your name in every other forum and thread it seems, what with you getting a mention on the main article on the site here about the past year. Congrats btw on the mention. You totally deserved it.

@The-Wind-Pikpik You gotta do what you gotta do. It's all understandable, but sad to see you go anyways. The pic is bittersweet, and right for the occasion. Also, thanks for the add.

How quickly some of these past episode points can become debate. But really, the Dragonshy scene was probably long after her knowing use of the stare. But with dragons being so big and ferocious, the stare was probably never even considered by the others or herself. Just in there time of need, she was able to gain the courage to tell the dragon off and stare it down. Just my thoughts though from my half asleep brain.

Untitled

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Aqueous

@Gioku - lol, you've got a good challenge and you reminded me of @FluttershyGuy, I hope he sees the drawing.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

RP Post! yay~

As Celestia enters the cart just behind Twilight she carefully takes note of everypony that had come after her. She steps to the side a bit and notices how Discord seems to look at her for a moment before the spell works on him. Then the intercom comes to life, "Arriving at Las Pegasus. Please grab your belongings before leaving the train car and have a nice day." I have to be careful now. Either Discord or Luna could discover me. I guess I'll have to wait until they get tired of looking for me and go back to Canterlot before starting living my dream... She sighs. As she thinks about it, Luna's attention turns to her, she plays it cool by not doing anything, Everyone in the train prepares to disembark and Celestia checks her saddlebags and her disguise, ready to hide from them the best possible place, behind them. Time to be... She fixes her sun glasses with a hoof. a pony tail.

About Bats!

Yeah it was a nice episode, Flutterbat was adorable, and extremely well animated, and the pacing was almost perfect. But I think I know what I didn't like: Merrywether, yep. I just don't like how she writes the ponies sometimes. It is not that she is bad, I actually think she is very good, specially with plots, but as this is a character driven show, I think sometimes she cares too much for the plot and the characters feel a bit OOC. Like in the middle of the song, the mane 6 seemed to be against the bats more than they show later on. Pinkie, RD and Rarity were all over the place more as comedy relief than characters (and I'm not even going to mention Spike), I think they shouldn't have included all three here; it would have been ok, they all will have their time to shine, this is a 26eps season after all. This is only a matter of my taste and doesn't change the fact that the episode was very well written, and no, I don't feel this way only because she wrote Spike at your Service, I still think Wonderbolts Academy was the best written episode of season 3, but imo there was lack of attention to the mane 6 there as well.

@GuardianKing That is actually pretty awesome!

Lunapplebloom

@Gioku Oh ok. Just figured I would check in on that. Take your time though.

@Aqueous I rather miss @Fluttershyguy and his upbeat posts. @TeeJay is another as well.

@Guardianking Cool catch there. I love the little touches the animators bring in.

@Twilight_Crow Nice joke in the RP end there.

I think the episode really stands alright. Seeing new things in the animation department with Flutterbat and vampire fruit bats was nice to see, and the plot was paced fine enough. The song was probably my least favorite part of it though, but doesn't hurt the episode in general. I it was ok, but the tune isn't catchy, and it just feels a bit to negative compared to every other MLP song there has been. I want an upbeat song from my ponies. I hope the next song we get is more up to snuff with previous seasons. Twilight_Crow is probably right as far as characters go though. I think it felt a bit off in the first part for myself, but picked up in the later half. But I do hope for some more bat ponies in the future, but expanded upon more than what was shown here.

Oh and latest issues of the mane and micro series impressions. Thank you spoiler tags!

I love this comic! The Luna here is comedic, but nonetheless entertaining, and I love her little adopted pet Tiberius the possum. But we get lots of throwbacks here, with Flim Flam brothers getting a cameo with Luna passing judgement, and A living pony chess game Fancy Pants to boot. There's just to much to go over without making this long, but I urge whoever has yet to read the comics to read Luna's Micro one. We then also have The end of the pirate one. To be honest, this particular story has fallen a little flat for me. It's enjoyable enough for sure, but felt a little to unfriendship is magic like. Could be to do with the pirate theme just doesn't mesh totally well I feel. Still some nice moments in the second half of the arc though, with Fluttershy finally letting go of her fish friend, and Pinkie with her army of crabs. Second part makes up for the first.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

we can only dream
Untitled

And have a raptor. Personally i think Equestria Dino's would've been a great movie!
Untitled

IGOR!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.