AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

13,381. Posted:

Woooow! New EQG trailer in da house!

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

13,382. Posted:

Why is everpony so excited for that now?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Discostew

13,383. Posted:

Well, at least this newest trailer showed the purpose for going into the mirror, rather than doing it "just because". That at least will lessen the hatred of the movie from many people, though I'm sure it still is rather hated because of the whole "human" side.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

13,384. Posted:

But...we already knew why she went in...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Discostew

13,385. Posted:

Well, it was news to me, as I didn't know it had anything to do with a stolen crown.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

13,386. Posted:

Really? It's in the description...honestly this movie's going to be a box office bomb, not enough marketing outside the internet, so the kids wont go in droves, bronies are going to be very hesitant, id guess only some bored parents and kid's will show up.

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

13,387. Posted:

I'mma just leave this here... :O

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

13,388. Posted:

?

AuthorMessage

Discostew

13,389. Posted:

Probably should mention spoilers...

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

13,390. Posted:

Hey whats't up everypony!

Another slow week, only EqG news... that new trailer is not so shabby though. I'm still meh but won't criticize until I watch it.

@Nobodys_Angel How about you don't leave that here without a spoiler tag.

Oh @MistSteamwalker visited! O.O If you read this: Thanks for the thread mate, I learned everything about the show and the bronies because of it. :D

@SirFrancisBacon I only stalk writers at FimFiction. :P

FoTW

Tonight we have much D'aaaw on the ==Fic of The Week.==
Guardian Angel by Mayhem Darkshadow
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Incomplete Everyone]
Scootaloo had been fending for herself since the day her parents left to never comeback. That is until the day a certain purple unicorn finds out about this and decides to help the young filly and takes her in. Will they become a family?

Sweet and simple story about Scootaloo finding a home with Twilight. I know Scootabuse is overused, but the idea is well planted here and not as tragic as other fics portray her abandonment; and it is a nice change of pace that she is adopted by Twilight instead of Dash. Decent writing, filled with fuzzy moments.

Just some cute silly doodle:
Untitled

Another week, good to see the thread keeps going. See'ya bronies. ;)

Inside the train cart Celestia sleeps in her seat. "Mumble Mumble... Cake..."

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

FrancisvonBacon

13,391. Posted:

@Twilight_Crow I am a writer, just haven't finished my stories.

Metallica shall always have a place in my heart Mega brony! Rarity is best pony.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Roleplaying Frank's Team:
Flare( Flareon ) X LV. 35
Aip( Aipom ) X LV. 2
Wadd( Sewaddle ) X LV. 3
Sandman( Sandile ) X LV. 3
2,500 Pokedollars

3DS Friend Code: 1864-9226-6000

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

13,392. Posted:

@SirFrancisBacon Just teasing, though there is no way to know if someone is or not a writer until they post a story. Actually, I follow people for very particular reasons not just them being writers, I'm even following my prereader. Good luck with those stories, if you post about them, I'd give them a go.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

13,393. Posted:

Okay, I peaked at the new trailer. Looks better than the last one

Edited on by Aqueous

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

13,394. Posted:

Hey look!
Untitled
Everybody seemed to love this avatar, so i bough it back! :D

And now there's this wonderfull game im playing:
Untitled

Also i do hope there will be people creating pony designs for the new Animal Crossing! Oh the horror of waiting. But well, Journey certainly makes it easier.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

13,395. Posted:

I feel like I'm getting less and less respect from this thread. There's a reason I put it as a link. Click it at your own risk, guys.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

13,396. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

I feel like I'm getting less and less respect from this thread. There's a reason I put it as a link. Click it at your own risk, guys.

You could at least say its a spoiler. That doesn't have anything to do with respect. We just asked nicely.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

13,397. Posted:

@CorporalPegasus Yeah, that was my bad, but I was talking just in general. Your guys' tone towards me seems to have grown colder and colder. :|

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Syrup

13,398. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

@CorporalPegasus Yeah, that was my bad, but I was talking just in general. Your guys' tone towards me seems to have grown colder and colder. :|

Going over the responses that you got for your post, it would appear that the tone used towards you seems a bit agitated, but that's only normal, since you potentially spoiled the movie for people that actually want to watch it. Overall, though, the general tone used towards you is pretty much the same as the last time that I used to post on here, which is to say, it is a generally friendly tone. Regardless, you shouldn't put so much weight on the opinions of others towards you, you'll only end up making yourself miserable in the end. Especially when it comes to people on the internet. You don't personally know any of these people, and for all you know, we could all just be figments of your imagination. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that who cares what other people think about you; just do your own thing.

Why I personally believe that Equestria Girls is going to make money, and be a success for Hasbro.

Even though I’m not really a brony anymore, I have high hopes for Equestria Girls, as it is obvious that it is going to be a success. Actually, it’s pretty obvious the Hasbro thinks the same way, and I honestly don’t blame them.

You see, Hasbro wouldn’t have bothered releasing the film in theaters if they knew that they weren’t going to get their money’s worth.

From what has been shown in the trailers, Equestria Girls seems to retain the same animation as the one currently present in the show. That means that the movie itself was very inexpensive and simple to produce. Secondly, there’s a reason as to why Hasbro decided not to heavily market this movie via television adverts and such. Advertising costs a ton of money (a 30 seconds spot costs around $29,000, though, the price varies depending on the show and timeslot.), so, it makes sense why this movie hasn’t really seen a ton of exposure. Hasbro is pretty much counting on word of mouth advertising from the fans (the target demographic and the brony fan base) to help raise awareness for the movie. (Although, I do find it strange that they don’t take advantage of the fact that they have their own television channel where they can pretty much advertise the film 24/7, for free.)

And finally, even if the movie doesn’t make as much as they want, they still have the tie-in toy line to help boost the profits.
So, in the end, Hasbro is going to end up winning, as they’ve found a way to successfully make a ton of profit and advertise their newest toy line.

Edited on by Syrup

Tumblr: http://sailorsyrup.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

13,399. Posted:

@syrup Eh, what the hell? I might be going insane again anyways. Thanks for implanting the seed of doubt in my mind. Now, I'll probably have to find ways to prove you're all real. Then again, what is reality but a prison of the mind?

As for the Equestria Girls thing, my main problem is this: overall, it's too cheesy and childish for bronies (mind you, I had fun watching High School Musical, and this is coming from a perfectly straight male who played with Barbies as a kid to have some form of control in his life), but if the above pics I linked to are real, then it'll get to violent for little girls. You're sure as hell not gonna convince some normal 10 year old boy to go and watch this movie. So the question remain: who will this really be for?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

13,400. Posted:

I shall remain cautiously optimistic about Equestria Girls.

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14