General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 13,261 to 13,280 of 14,606

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

13,261. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

Sensei_PikPik wrote:

@DeviousSnorlax People are afraid of what they don't understand, and most people don't understand how people can like a show about friendship.

And pretty pink ponies and princesses, etc. etc. ;)

But... The prettiest pony is white, not pink.

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

13,262. Posted:

DeviousSnorlax wrote:

Is it rough being a Brony? I mean,Why do Anti-Bronies use Death Threats on Bronies? I mean,I'm no Brony,But I've gotten a Change Of Heart. Is it wrong for an innocent person to like a TV Show?

...said the person who threatened to kill me over liking Gen 6 Pokemon... :|

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

PSI_King

13,263. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

DeviousSnorlax wrote:

Is it rough being a Brony? I mean,Why do Anti-Bronies use Death Threats on Bronies? I mean,I'm no Brony,But I've gotten a Change Of Heart. Is it wrong for an innocent person to like a TV Show?

...said the person who threatened to kill me over liking Gen 6 Pokemon... :|

I don't remember that........................And I've changed since I got that "Perma-Ban"................... :/

Buying: Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Steam), Retro City Rampage (3DS), The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
My new BL
Me vs. 3DSFan134
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
"Want a cookie? So do I. Let's Pokemon battle for it!"

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

13,264. Posted:

I find it odd that lz keeps coming back here. Need to tell us something, lz? ;)

Spiritloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

DoodleJohn

13,265. Posted:

After getting the MLP comic today (the one with Chrysalis and stuff), I have to admit, I'm really impressed. It's even better than I thought it'd be, though that's not saying much.

Gotta love MOTHER!
Earthbound is being re-released! Huzzah!
http://www.backloggery.com/doodlebob
thedoodledude.tumblr.com My Tumblr! Check it out? Say yes to me? Say no to me...!?

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

13,266. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

I find it odd that lz keeps coming back here. Need to tell us something, lz? ;)

Yeah! The stupid HUB decided to play My Little Pony instead of Batman and Superman. Lz MAD!! >:[

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Tare

13,267. Posted:

DeviousSnorlax wrote:

Is it rough being a Brony? I mean,Why do Anti-Bronies use Death Threats on Bronies?

The internet is srs bsnss.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

13,268. Posted:

DeviousSnorlax wrote:

Don't worry. Death threats these days usually translate to "I don't understand your thinking. Perhaps you can explain it to me. Oh sorry, I am too busy being ignorant to care. Maybe you should die because I disagree with you. I'd do it myself but I am too busy typing on the internet about how something sucks and how I must spend the next few hours complaining about it."

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

13,269. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

DeviousSnorlax wrote:

Don't worry. Death threats these days usually translate to "I don't understand your thinking. Perhaps you can explain it to me. Oh sorry, I am too busy being ignorant to care. Maybe you should die because I disagree with you. I'd do it myself but I am too busy typing on the internet about how something sucks and how I must spend the next few hours complaining about it."

Wise words, bird boy. Wise words.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

13,270. Posted:

Title changed to reflect the show title. Have fun everyone! :)

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

13,271. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

Title changed to reflect the show title. Have fun everyone! :)

Thank you lz! The thread title was really eating me.

Edited on by TeeJay

Spiritloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

HeatBombastic

13,272. Posted:

Here's what I think of bronies: It's a label. You like MLP:FiM, so what? It's a preference or hobby, not a cult. I don't go walking around wearing a freakin badge that says Nintendude on it. Why? Because I don't worship Nintendo, I just like their games. Labels aren't bad, it can be helpful to find out someone's experience in a subject, or work (i.e. Doctor), I'm saying it reminds me of a cult, because people are accepting this label, and embracing it.

Look at the "Gamer" label, and go tell me that isn't limiting. People don't give you a nickname for liking movies, but they do for games? "Oh, hey son, this is Phil. He also has an Xbox, he's a gamer just like you! You'll get along perfectly." When people call you a gamer, they're using that word to define you, or a part of you. It's just a hobby, it should not define you. The word Christian defines one's belief, and that can make sense. But Gamer and Brony? Do you really want a label defining your personality, and likes or dislikes?

I could talk about how overrated the show is with so many Bronies, but that's beside the point. People are defining themselves with the Brony stamp. The bandwagon is fun, it's not like I can tell people they're stupid for doing this since I don't have a right to control what people do, and maybe they like having a "Hello, I am a Brony" sticker on themselves. Fine, I just ask you understand the consequences, and why many people treat others with the Brony label harshly. There is NOTHING negative about liking a show you like, and showing that you like it (using profile pics and the such). But when it comes far more than just enjoying and liking a show to something else, what then?

Edited on by HeatBombastic

NNID: HeatBombastic

Haaaave fun.

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

13,273. Posted:

@LZQuaker Well said. Also congrats on becoming an moderator!

@HeatBombastic I get what you mean. Oh, and do you watch Extra Credits? if not, they made a great episode about the 'gamer" label.

@DoodleJohn Yeah, i know right? They are awesome!

Catbugloggery
3DS Friends Code: 5069-3933-8364
Happy horsies.

AuthorMessage

yoshisaredragon

13,274. Posted:

I like watching My little pony, but it is pretty unbearable seeing crazy fans plaster it everywhere, and getting mad when not everyone loves it, same goes for haters

yoshisaredragon

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter: yoshisaredragon

AuthorMessage

Discostew

13,275. Posted:

Part of the reason that people don't like bronies or the show is because they look back at past generations of MLP for comparison as if Gen 4 is like them. Gen 1 wasn't terrible, but Gen 2 and 3 do not really appeal to actual bronies, and Gen 3.5 is despised by most, if not all. The people that hate, simply hate because they do not understand. They think "ponies", and they think little girls. They're too far influenced by the media about what is right for boys and girls, like boys only like violence, blood, and being "manly", while girls are into princesses, romance, etc. If they put aside their assumptions and look at the show as a simple cartoon rather than a marketing gimmick, they might see that it is in the very least a tolerable show. I mean, I see so many references to cartoons of old in it, like Looney Toons, as well as references to shows/movies of today that aren't kid-friendly (but are inserted in a tame manner) that I'd imagine these haters would actually appreciate if they gave it a chance.

@yoshisaredragon - That is understandable. If it is forced on you 24/7, one would grow to dislike it. Fanatics that eat, drink, sleep, etc anything MLP-related are pretty scary, but a small dose on occasion is not too bad, kinda like what we do here. We restrict our MLP talk to just this thread on this site. We take our time with RPing, drawing, etc, but it isn't an all-day, every day ordeal. That would just be unhealthy.

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

13,276. Posted:

Except it is marketed at girls and is composed of things that girls prefer (ponies, princesses, the color pink and a pony with destructive weather powers)

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

Discostew

13,277. Posted:

@LzQuacker - It may be targeted at girls, but I think of the show along the same lines as movies and shows that are kid-friendly, but with jokes and circumstances that would fly over their heads but adults would likely understand, like Pixar movies. The franchise was made originally for one target audience, but Lauren Faust (the creator of Gen 4 MLP) extended that audience to encompass more than just the original target audience. Merchandising is still mainly targeted towards little girls, as that is purely handled by Hasbro, but they are making exceptions here and there that jump into the brony audience.

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

13,278. Posted:

I know. I'm just spelling out a few reasons (and yes I've seen a few episodes and commercials on the HUB)

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

13,279. Posted:

Now that we have a brony mod, ponies will rule the site.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

13,280. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

Now that we have a brony mod, ponies will rule the site.

Not a brony ;)

My Retrologgery