Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 13,161 to 13,180 of 14,348

ToastyYogurt

Happy birthday, Friendship is Magic!
@Lunapplebloom: I really like those Legendary Princess Ponymon!
"I do now, Princess!" Pinkie said as she embraced Luna's neck from behind. Just then, Pinkie realized where she was and let go, while still standing on Luna. "I've never rode a Princess before! Weee!" she said as she bounced on top of Luna's back.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Electricmastro

Gioku wrote:

Oh, 3rd anniversary, is it? It really doesn't seem like MLP:FiM's been around for 3 years already... wow...

Friendship is Magic premiered on 10/10/10 and Skyrim was released on 11/11/11.

Also, My Little Pony in general has been around since 1983.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Electricmastro

Gioku wrote:

@Electricmastro: well, I knew that MLP as a franchise had been around for a long time, but my interest in it was less than zero until this series came around.

I still can't exactly pinpoint why I like FiM when I never had any interest at all in the original series.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

sugarpixel

@Electricmastro: Originally, as far as I can tell, it was just "colorful little ponies for little girls", an that was literally all it was meant to be. Now, with FiM, it seems to have made itself into something... different... just check out my avatar for an example. I don't think they ever would have considered making them into humans without the fanbase they've now acquired...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

TsunamiSensei

Due to Pokemon Y controlling my life, the weekly derp shall return next week.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!

Oh yeah, and Happy 3rd anniversary MLP:FiM!

yay Pokemon X time. This game is good.

@Lunapplebloom My beloved Princess Celestia as Xerneas, the only legendary Pokemon I've liked in ages. That is so perfect! /)^3^(I

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week,== a story that has been around for sometime now but impressed me lately:

The Conquering of Love by Littlecolt
[On Fimfiction Adventure Teen Incomplete]
Twilight Sparkle woke up inside a cocoon in the throne room of Canterlot Palace, just to be thrust back into a dream world by Chrysalis who is feeding on the feelings of love and friendship she and the others will experience in their dreams. Princess Celestia has been able to cross between dream worlds however, and she plans to get her friends out of the dreams and stop Chrysalis. Some dreams are not as happy as expected though, and some secrets held in the subconscious may be better left unawoken.

This story was Inspired by a fan video of an alternative ending of season 2. It was not the first story that creates a mash up that feels a bit like The Matrix and Inception with changelings, but as the story has progressed it has become nothing but impressive. The author has great imagination, the dreams are bizarre and is hard to figure out who is the dreamer. I believe there are some symbolism involved but since I'm terrible detecting it is just a hunch.
The characterizations are spot on and even characters that appear several times (we get a customized Pinkie Pie for every dream ) have a proper behavior. If that weren't exceptional already, we also have mysteries at every corner, including the appearance of creatures that shouldn't be there, foreboding the possible incursion of what could be a third faction battling in this dreamscape.
Overall, at first the story promises just an adventure throughout several ponyvilles, but then becomes this very well thought complicated mash of things, that feels right in place in a story about changelings making ponies dream.
Good writing.

And... this made me laugh.
Untitled

And... well since no weekly Derp... have some Derpy music:

Until next time.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Lunapplebloom

@Aqueous Well, I'm thinking some genetic splicing was involved. Probably to give the princess the slight boost in power.

@Twilight_Crow How I do love that comic there. That was pretty clever and I laughed quite a bit. Music isn't exactly my cup of tea, but it's quite fun, and I'll keep that story in my list, since Inception is one of my favorite films ever. And you like Xerneas? Well that makes the pic all the better. I must say that I like Luna looking like... whatever the Y one is called... I guess you can tell how much I've been following this game to it's release.

@Pikpikman_X Aww... and I was so looking forward to seeing what you going to show this week. Oh well, I figured Pokemon would be the dominating topic and time occupier for the week on NL. I look forward to next week then.

@Gioku Your right about that. What hit me with this fanbase is how much awesome content is generated all the time from the series. There are lots of great videos and artwork and fanfiction that it boggles my mind at times.

@ToastyYogurt Why thank you, and might I add that Pinkie Pie as a Totodile is one of the cutest and awesome things ever.

And I figured I'd post this animation

I really like the back story they gave Sombra in this, and makes his fall to evil all the more tragic. Plus, that music they have with it is so awesome!

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Electricmastro

I don't know anyone else who thinks of the name "Candace" when they refer to "Cadance".

TsunamiSensei

WEEKLY DERP #2!!!
Untitled
This was done by bugplayer.
http://bugplayer.deviantart.com/

Untitled
This was done by techrainbow.
http://techrainbow.deviantart.com/#

Untitled
This was done by yuukon.
http://yuukon.deviantart.com/

And just because I couldn't find a better fourth...
Untitled
This was done by eldani665. Warning: some of his stuff might be a little NSFW.
http://eldani665.deviantart.com/

-Skeletor

MasterGraveheart

Warms my heart to see the ol' Pony thread rolling strong. I hope everyone is getting along while IRL and Twitterponies keeps me away. ^^;

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

Is anypony here instead of playing Pokemon!? lol

Oh well. I really didn't have much free time this week, and reading Pony is still more important for me, so very little Pokemon was played.

@MasterGraveHeart Hey there! Yep, everything fine here. Hope RL goes well for you.

FoTW

So yeah, believe it or not I had time to read Fanfiction, but not much, so tonight another one shot:
Dremalocked by Prane
[On Fimfiction Adventure Complete Everyone]
It all began on a Summer Sun Celebration in Ponyville, Nightmare Moon, a mare thought to be a mere legend returned and changed our world. She forbid the sun from rising ever again, she broke our spirits and sowed seeds of distrust and sadness amongst us.
She invaded our dreams, poured nightmares into them to make us live in fear, make us obey. And those who didn't obey, ended up in dreamlocked prisons built of their dreams, wishes and fears, with no hope of returning to the real world.
As for myself... I just want my sister back.

Still on the mood for some dreamwalking. This little short does an amazing world building to present us the story of Sweetie Bell, a little filly that heroically wants to save her sister from the Nocturnal Emperess; with a bit of the G&PT throw in. Let me tell you something, this author can really do a lot with very few words. Characterization is perfect, pacing is great, the adventure really sucks you in, and... I can't say more without spoiling, is dreamception, you know the drill.
Amazing writing, but with some typos.

And... I don't even...
Untitled

Stay cool everypony. Until next time.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

sugarpixel

Well, Pokémon is my main focus at the moment, so my avatar has changed to reflect that.
But Fluttershy will be back for Halloween! Be on the lookout!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

MasterGraveheart

GuardianKing wrote:

@MasterGraveHeart Heeeeeyy!!!!! You're aliiiiiiiive!!!!! We were just talking about you about a few days/weeks/lifetimes back on the Users we Never See Anymore thread!!!

Oh, I'm still around. I've just been very busy lately, so my NL posting time has been drastically reduced.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Discostew

It's been a while since I last posted here. Been busy with my programming, playing Pokemon (maybe a bit too much, lol), etc., so I need to think up how I want the RP to continue.

On another note, I had been expecting my Pinkie Pie plush from 4DE to arrive for the past couple of weeks, but nothing happened. I sent them an email via [email protected] (going through CONTACT US got me no reply for some reason), and they replied with the following...

Dear Stuart,

Thank you for writing in!

I apologize for the long wait. The Pinkie Pie items are experiencing a slow down and your Pinkie should be shipping in a few weeks to the delivery address at <my address>. It's nice to see a local customer and I'm sorry that it's taking a while. We really appreciate your time and interest, so please write back any time.

Sincerely,
Angela at 4DE

So I at least know that they are working on it. I think the pre-sales started in April, and I ordered in July, so if it's going slow, then I'll have to wait some more. I found some people had received theirs at least 4 days ago after some googling.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Gummioguava

Although excruciatingly late... (sorry!! >.<) Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, @Twilight_Crow !! hugs :3

For @Lunapplebloom :3 Sorry it took so long for me to get it done.. Dx Hope you like it~! ^.^'
Untitled

Previously I-hate-ponies
gummigator.deviantart.com
gummioguava.tumblr.com

TsunamiSensei

My computer isn't letting me access DA right now, so I can't post the weekly derp today..

-Skeletor

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!

Since Halloween is next week and "Día de Muertos" is next Saturday, I'll wait till then to post any scary themed content.

@Pikpikman_X Ok, np. Also, whenever you have that problem you can go to Equestria Daily for some Derpy art. It is true they get the art from DA, but they also have copies of all the art in a google account, so you could use that.

@Gummio No worries, glad the message got to you. That sketch is sooooo cute. :3 Hey, would you draw something like that for me, but changing Applebloom with Trixie and Luna with Celestia? Is ok if you are busy though.

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic Of The Week,== something nice and simple with one of my favorite Fanfiction themes:
Never Were There Such Devoted Sisters by Cadabra
[On Fimfiction Adventure Incomplete Everyone]
Discord was once defeated by the celestial king and queen, but his presence left its mark upon the earth and they can no longer stand by and watch as their creation falls into ruin. They must set a good example for their young daughters. But as Discord tricks the king and queen, he is just as able to trick the princesses. Stealing Clestia's wings, Luna's horn, and the sister's memories, he sends them to live among the pony tribes so that they can understand first hand what ambition he brought about.
Can two sisters reunite to restore their identity, order, and peace among the masses, or will they be doomed to a life of their own ambitions?

Why yes, another origin of Equestria story. I can never get enough of these. This one has its charm though, an original idea and good worldbuilding. Though I must admit the info dump that sets that worldbuilding can be discouraging, if you can go through it and get into the meat of the story you find an nice plot, very well fleshed out characters and a simplicity that is just charming. Do not pay attention to its statistics, this little piece deserves a lot more views and likes, it is not perfect but is well thought.
Writing is decent.

And art.
Untitled

Until next time.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.