Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 13,041 to 13,060 of 14,348

Eel

The fact that the voice actress who did her role in that episode thought she would be voicing a "[rather dumb] young boy" did not help Derpy with being accepted by the general public.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ToastyYogurt

Morphtorok wrote:

The fact that the voice actress who did her role in that episode thought she would be voicing a "[rather dumb] young boy" did not help Derpy with being accepted by the general public.

What? Did they just tell her "say this like a [rather dumb] young boy" and not actually tell her who she was voicing?

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Eel

ToastyYogurt wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

What? Did they just tell her "say this like a [rather dumb] young boy" and not actually tell her who she was voicing?

This is what she said when she was asked by fans:

Untitled

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ToastyYogurt

Morphtorok wrote:

ToastyYogurt wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

This is what she said when she was asked by fans:

Untitled

Ah. So she was probably just handed the script and left to interpret the character herself. I can see them trying to be more careful with giving voice actors direction after the rage that was built up over Derpy's original voice.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

CorporalPegasus

@Gioku here's where Derpy originally came from, in the very fist episode, when Pinkie is giving a party for Twilight:
Untitled
The very first bronies (Waaaay back, when everything MLP-related was still on /co, "Confound these ponies" was the best thing ever, and even before the term Brony) noticed her, and made her a clumsy mailmare for some reason. She also was in the crowd who said "Muffins"! in episode 3, so she also loves muffins apperently.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

TsunamiSensei

Daily Derp #66!
Untitled
This was done by ss-b. She hasn't done much, but everything she's done is good. Have a link.
http://ss-b.deviantart.com/

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

Discostew

For anyone that is in the Sacramento California area....

Untitled

I've thought about going, but I'm still unsure. Never been to a convention before. It's being held at the California State University of Sacramento on Sept 14th. It's $15 at the door.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

TsunamiSensei

Daily Derp # 68!
Untitled
This was done by benjik. He's talented and has done some good stuff. HAVE A LINK!!! (Man, I need a better description for the artists.)
http://benjik.deviantart.com/

-Skeletor

Discostew

Pinkie! Watch out for the....

Untitled

Discostew

TsunamiSensei

Daily Derp #69!
Untitled
This was done buy masemj. This ppiece, along with a lot of his other stuff, was done for Equestria Daily's artist training ground. He's also done some other stuff, but his ATG stuff is easily the best stuff he's done. So, here's a link to his DA, and check it out if you want.
http://masemj.deviantart.com/

Edited on by TsunamiSensei

-Skeletor

sugarpixel

Pikpikman_X wrote:

Daily Derp #69!
Untitled
This was done buy masemj. This ppiece, along with a lot of his other stuff, was done for Equestria Daily's artist training ground. He's also done some other stuff, but his ATG stuff is easily the best stuff he's done. So, here's a link to his DA, and check it out if you want.
http://masemj.deviantart.com/

Wow, this one looks almost authentic! There's just something slightly off about it...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

TsunamiSensei

Daily Derp #70!
Untitled
This was done by southparktaoist. Most of his stuff is good. ALSO, I felt like a piece that would be completely out of place in September would be fitting for today. I've only looked at the first page of his gallery, so I can't guarantee everything he's done is good. HAVE A LINK ANYWAY!
http://southparktaoist.deviantart.com/

-Skeletor

Discostew

Just got back from the Sac Brony expo. Didn't go in with high expectations, but it was decent for being the first Sacramento brony expo they had. Took some pictures, but most were from the various merchandise from the vendors.

Will probably go next year if they host another.

Discostew

TsunamiSensei

Daily Derp #71!
Untitled
This was done by carligercarl. I have not looked at any of his stuff, so look with some caution. HAVE A LINK!
http://carligercarl.deviantart.com/

-Skeletor

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.