Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 12,721 to 12,740 of 14,348

GuardianKing

I'm surprised no one addressed this at all yet.

For those who don't know, Kiki was a cancer-ridden child who Tara Strong helped raised funds for. Unfortunately, looks like our fandom's love wasn't enough in the end.

Click on the link for more details.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

FrancisvonBacon

One of my friends was doing a fund raiser, and I forgot about it.

Metallica shall always have a place in my heart Mega brony! Rarity is best pony.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Roleplaying Frank's Team:
Flare( Flareon ) X LV. 35
Aip( Aipom ) X LV. 2
Wadd( Sewaddle ) X LV. 3

3DS Friend Code: 1864-9226-6000

CorporalPegasus

I finally got into reading the next saga of MLP Comics! I gotta say, i really liked what they did! Makes me understand Nightmare Moon more.
Also this refrence to Aliens is so awesome: "In space, nopony can hear you squee." It had an wesome Gravity Falls refrence as well.

Also for all you lucky Americans already playing New Leaf, here's the MLP theme as town tune. Just copy it.
Untitled

IGOR!

TsunamiSensei

Wildvine53 wrote:

Here's an awesome comic about equestria girls, only linking because it's so long, but it's so amazing you all need to read it! I hope the actual movie has an ending this good!

Pretty sure that was featured on EQD.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

GuardianKing

So I had a blast with my friends tonight. We watched the movie John Dirt, played some PS2, and then my friend wanted me to play "Keep Calm and Flutter On" on the flat screen. Needless to say, it was both the greatest and most bizarre moment ever.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

FrancisvonBacon

@Nobodys_Angel Nah, just the greatest.

Metallica shall always have a place in my heart Mega brony! Rarity is best pony.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Roleplaying Frank's Team:
Flare( Flareon ) X LV. 35
Aip( Aipom ) X LV. 2
Wadd( Sewaddle ) X LV. 3

3DS Friend Code: 1864-9226-6000

GuardianKing

Finally got to make some decent pencil art!

As soon as my computer stops being a bitc*, I'll be able to answer @syrup's question he submitted to Tumblr (work, stupid scanner, WORK! )

Untitled

Yes, that is Morpheus is human form, because interdimensional travel. Hush.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Rocko52

Why is it that the fandom has begun to rabidly defend EQG?

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

Drobotic

I'll probably get Equestia Girls on DVD or wait for the television premiere,since I just saw Man of Steel today,and it's Father's Day weekend.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Rocko52

And I think I'm not going to give them a cent for this worthless piece of crap.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Discostew

Rocko52 wrote:

Why is it that the fandom has begun to rabidly defend EQG?

I'm still iffy about it, but I guess the initial shock is over for most, and people are thinking about it a little more rationally than when they first heard about it...ok, a lot more rationally.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Syrup

Rocko52 wrote:

And I think I'm not going to give them a cent for this worthless piece of crap.

What's the deal with all of your negativity towards the movie? I'm pretty sure that by this point, we all get that you're not a fan of this movie.

Honestly, it's comments like these that drove me out of this fandom. That sense of self-entitlement, as if Hasbro owes you something, is really annoying.

GuardianKing

@syrup That's not a brony problem; that's a human problem.

Edit: Autocorrect, I really, really hate your guts. Burn in the fires of Mordor, for all I care.

surely you've been around NL long enough to know that profanity is against the rules. please stop. k8smum

Don't change my opinion! >:[ Replace it with a context appropriate word for hatred then!

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Rocko52

*ahem
I know Hasbro doesn't owe me anything, and that in the end, this entire thing is to market plastic ponies to preschool girls. I get it. It's just irritating that the show, which was the antithesis of such cliched fair as Barbie and Bratz, and was good, solid entertainment for little girls, (much like PPG) and now they've made a film that goes back to those tropes. Sure, it's not a film Hasbro's making for me, but it doesn't seem like a good movie for the audience. Little girls will probably eat them up, but it plays to the same anorexic, make-up covered, shallow tropes that make entertainment for young girls so unremarkable, and harming. On a very different note, I never thought of the Mane Six as high school age girls at all.

Syrup

Y'know, when you put it that way, you certainly do have a point. I just thought that you were being a smug brony, but, honestly, you're right, girls don't need a bunch of colorful horses telling them how they need to look like in order for them to be acceptable in society's eyes. I was going to type out this very elaborate piece on how society perpetuates images of beauty that are essentially impossible to achieve, but instead, I will just shrug and post this:
Untitled

Edited on by Syrup

Syrup

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

@syrup I was just about to tell you how @Rocko52 shared my opinion, but meh, who gives a crap?

8 months ago I would've agreed with you on that, but it's comments like that that allow for that sort of thing to continue to happen. We all need to acknowledge the problem and face it head on, as opposed to turning a blind eye towards it. I know that this is all just some silly pony stuff, but you never know how that will end up affecting a child's way of thinking down the road.

Discostew

You know, people didn't think MLP FiM was anything special and that it continued with how previous MLP generations were handled. It wasn't until we stopped and actually watched it that we found out that it was different form the rest. Maybe, just maybe, we've gone back into this old mindset that because it seems to play off of what we disliked that it will be just as bad as the others. They may surprise us again, but we won't know until the actual movie released in theaters and people give their reviews. So, that's why I'm iffy. I'm not for or against it right now. I just want to be open-minded to the possibility that what made MLP FiM so great may play a big role in the movie.

Anyways........where did we leave off in the RP? Do I need to do some Discord-interrupting?

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Rocko52

@Discostew
Well...people started to watch the show days after it came out. Also, the movie really...sigh it might be good, I might enjoy it, but ultimately it's not teaching girls to be individuals like the show did. The show focused on friendship, how to get on in life, how differences are okay, etc. This movie throws out her supposed best friends for new ones who happen to have similar looks/personality. It also gives them all the body of an anorexic barbie. Not very good morals there.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.