General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 12,541 to 12,560 of 14,858

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

12,541. Posted:

Nearing a week now and I'm still obsessed with the songs from Magical Mystery Cure!

This season was too darned short.
At least S4 is confirmed at 26 eps.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

12,542. Posted:

Wow... I post and this place explodes after I disappear for a bit.

@SheldonRandoms Oh.... Well, in that case, congratulations to your team effort then. :) and even if it's from a base, it still looks great.

@CanisWolfred lol It most certainly has been then. :D

@Electricmastro Yep, I was a bit surprised myself at that, but sometimes it just happens like that at times.

@Wildvine53 That pic is simply scrumptious. Great art that is.

@Ralizah I know right? I'm glad that we're getting more myself. It seems like it was already over right after it began this time. And I still have at least one song still stuck in my head from it.

And has anyone else heard the audio commentary on some of the episodes of the first season disc set of FiM? It's interesting to hear just how much work goes into making one of these episodes, and in most instances, funny to listen to as well.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

12,543. Posted:

Lunapplebloom wrote:

@Ralizah I know right? I'm glad that we're getting more myself. It seems like it was already over right after it began this time. And I still have at least one song still stuck in my head from it.

And has anyone else heard the audio commentary on some of the episodes of the first season disc set of FiM? It's interesting to hear just how much work goes into making one of these episodes, and in most instances, funny to listen to as well.

Hopefully with a full season so many of the episodes won't seem so rushed.
I just hope I don't hear "The princess Twilight cometh, behold, behold!" in my head now whenever I see alicorn Twilight.

Suited for Success' commentary was by far my favorite because it gave a lot of insight into the challenge associated with the song creation process for Ingram.

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

12,544. Posted:

@Ralizah I know what you mean, I've been listening to them pretty much non stop all week. I hope next seasons songs will be just as good.

I have the uncontrollable urge to go to Paris, this isn't helping.
Untitled

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

12,545. Posted:

No, we aren't to be on any page but the first!

@Lunapplebloom - That Twilight looks great :o

I'm going to move on the rp tomorrow... hopefully I've got something reasonable

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

12,546. Posted:

Wildvine53 wrote:

@Ralizah I know what you mean, I've been listening to them pretty much non stop all week. I hope next seasons songs will be just as good.

I have the uncontrollable urge to go to Paris, this isn't helping.
Untitled

Love the French Rarity. So classy!

Before the finale, I would have said Season 2 wins the best songs category hands down. Now I just don't know...

Either way, I totally trust the writers. To have turned a potential disaster like the alicorn Twilight episode into one of the highlights of the series... the show really is doing quite fine without Faust helming.

Still, this season had two Spike episodes (ALWAYS the worst episodes in any of the seasons) and zero Rarity ones. I hope next season rectifies this mistake.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

12,547. Posted:

Alright, time to move again.

Twilight bursts through the doors. "Princess Celestia I'm here! Sorry I'm late but there was some kind of problem with a train vanishing and ~ WHAT in Equstria is going on in here?!" Twilight feels her mouth open into a gap at the strange sight she just asked openly about as it sinks in that Luna is in a nurse outfit, leaning over Discord's head, while Pinkie Pie hugged Discord tightly. The lack of a certain Princess not yet clicking in her mind.

Edited on by Aqueous

[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

12,548. Posted:

Untitled

One year has passed since I drew this in the dentist waiting room chalk board.

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

12,549. Posted:

And the Pony drought commence... who cares I got Fan Fiction XD.

FoTW

I was struggling to find something nice for tonight (preferably without Twilicorn :P), and this nice story updated. Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week== I present you, the only story I follow on EQD:
Beyond Judgment by Solar Phoenix
[On EQD Adventure Incomplete Teen]
Twilight discover a very powerful kind of magic. What she doesn't know is that is forbidden under terrible consequences. When a terrible accident occurs she decides to use this new magic. What will it cost her and her friends?
A very solid story about what happens when you mess with things bigger than, you, your friends or your country. Great Writing.

And comic:
Untitled
Happy Birthday to Nicole Oliver!

The RP is slow, but funny so far. :D

See ya´ll next week.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

12,550. Posted:

@Twilight_Crow - I don't know how you found it but I had a laugh.

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

12,551. Posted:

@Ralizah Yes, I hope they take advantage of the extended length of time they have. I'm hoping maybe for a middle season 2 parter.
Thankfully, that song wasn't that memorable (for me at least).
Nice choice though for a favorite one for the commentaries. My personal one though has to be the season final. Everyone seemed to be most comfortable with talking at that point after all the other episodes they did.

@Wildvine53 Very classy. The style really fits with her personality. And I always wanted to go to Paris.

@Twilight_Crow I love that comic. :D Also will need to look into that one as well, though I've said it so many times, it's become rather old. I need to really make an effort with reading what you recommend us.

@Aqueous It's the best I've seen from official plush merchandising. The one thing I'm not to crazy about is the price, but I guess I'll need to give in for this one. One way to look at it is that it's better than prices of most of the fan made material. :P
And I'll need to think of something for that.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Discostew

12,552. Posted:

Yay for more RP.

Discord had Luna right where he wanted her, getting ready to give her a very unpleasant wet willy. Unknowing to Luna, his tongue was stuck out, almost touching her ear as he began to swirl up some spit in his mouth, readying his finger to take that slime and letting her have it. It would have gone according to plan, had Twilight not burst into Luna's chambers at that very moment. Discord froze, cheeks flared, with a little drool seeping out, just looking at Twilight. With difficulty, he swallowed and let out a gasp. "Twilight!" He turned to Luna, then back to Twilight with wide eyes. "We....this isn't....", Discord said hesitantly, but he soon smirked as he directed his eyes towards Luna, holding back his laughter as best as he could. "...this is exactly what it looks like.", he said in between chuckles.

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,553. Posted:

... Surprisingly enough, I'm back from my ban...? I think I know why I got suspended (again. What is this, number four?), but I didn't know I could be back so soon... Okay then...

Anyways, it was Nicole Oliver's birthday on the 22nd, and I drew a picture for her and sent it to EQD. Surprisingly enough, I actually made it in! :O

Here's the picture I drew:

Untitled

(Yeah, I recycled a bit. I had other projects going on...)

And here's the link to the EQD compilation post (I'm #26): http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/happy-birthday-nicole-o...

I squeaked really loud after that.

Anyways, I've drawn a picture of Morpheus metaphasing into Mephilis:

Untitled

And, for the first time ever, introducing the second member of the SSC: Princess Asteria Aphelion! :)

Untitled

I cannot stress how proud I am of how she came out.

Anyways, here's her backstory:

Born into Saturnian royalty, her father imprisoned her inside the castle in fear of “losing his one and only precious princess.” Motherless and separated from the rest of society, the princess constantly trained herself both physically and mentally to prove to her father she could stand her own ground. As a result of this, she is highly skilled in close-combat and excels with elemental magic.

One day, during a royal ceremony, she encounters a young, half-breed Star Gazer with a dirty white coat, blue hair, and deep blue eyes. He offers to show her the outside world, and the two, both equally skilled in combat, evasion, and magic, run away together to prove the world their worth.

The next thing she knew, Asteria woke up inside a foreign spaceship and is told by an all-to-familiar face that her home planet is gone, and that she is the last Star Gazer alive. Unable to remember her past, Princess Asteria Aphelion volunteers to join Captain Morpheus Equinox as part of Starship Crusader’s crew. The vague complexion of the stallion she fell in love with long ago is all that remains of her lost memories.

So yeah... Been busy while I was gone. I see there's new RPing going on. Not joining though. Besides, it's not like you want me to. In fact, one or two of you are actually going to read my post and care about it.

That is all.

I see y'all again soon folks!

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

ToastyYogurt

12,554. Posted:

Wild TOASTY appeared!
Go, FORUM POST!
It's been a while, hasn't it?
Imma talk about the season finale.

Spoilers! But really, if you haven't seen it already.... it aired a week ago....
First of all, am I the only one that got the Beatles reference from the title "Magical Mystery Cure?"

Anyway, the one thing I can really say is the episode felt RUSHED. And this is coming from a guy that did not really think that the other episodes people said were rushed were so until it was brought up. So many things happened in 22 minutes that the show did not even have time to take it all in. THis really should have been a two parter. S4 SPOILER But considering this is technically a 3 parter, they were probably doing the best they could with parts. END S4 SPOILER Also, little to no humor, the stuff my body lives on. Besides food and sleep and a place to go to the bathroom. That said, I thought the whole switched destinies thing was a pretty cool concept, and the musical numbers did a really good job of moving the episode through the whole flankload of stuff it was trying to cover in such a short time frame. All in all, wasn't too bad of an episode, even though it was begging for more time.
END SPOILERS.

And now, I want to say what I thought of season 3.
I DON'T KNOW IF THIS CONSTITUTES AS S3 SPOILERS BUT I'LL LEAVE THIS WARNING HERE ANYWAY
Season 3 kinda disappointed me. It was half as long as other seasons, several episodes felt rushed, and there was the travesty that was "Spike at Your Service," but the one thing that disappoints me the most is it seems evident to me that the show is losing its touch. Season 2 lost a bit of the kid show feeling the first season had, but some of the episodes in Season 3 seemed like they forgot why people liked the show in the first place. We have fan services with the return of Trixie and Discord, and some rather "epic" stories. I felt like they only gave these characters appearances because bronies love 'em. I'm sure if Gilda was as popular as them they would find a way to make an episode with her return too. I'm not saying they're bad episodes, but they miss the original point of the show. What happened to the point of the episodes being to spread lessons of friendship and ending every episode with a friendship report? In season 3, there was only 1 or 2, maybe even 3 friendship reports given. I mean, I'm probably the only man alive that was disappointed with the friendship report format changing so that the entire mane six wrote letters, but doing them out almost entirely is another thing altogether! Speaking of which, a good chunk of the S2 and S3 episodes had lessons out side of friendship.... maybe they're running out of lesson ideas, too. Would kinda explain the fan service episodes. Going back to the "epic" story-lines, why?The show wasn't famous for epic storytelling, save season premieres and finales.Speaking of which, those are two parters for a reason. Epic stories have a hard time being told in 22 minutes. If it wasn't, things wouldn't have felt rushed in "A Magic Duel," all the characters wouldn't have seemed underplayed in "Keep Calm and Flutter On," (I wonder if I'm the only one that got that title reference, too) and the events of "Magical Mystery Cure" would not have rolled by faster than a toddler hyped up on Mountain Dew and Sour Punch Straws whilst riding a Big Wheel.
That said, most of the episodes I haven't jabbed at personally (which would be most of them) were pretty good, were funny (that's important), and whole friendship report complaint aside, they had some good morals. I guess I'm kinda disappointed by this season because it scares me about Season 4. If the show tries more epic fan service episodes, the show might lose me completely. Although, that Discord episode was pretty good anyway.
END POTENTIALLY SPOILERIFIC S3 RANT

And now it's time for....

Toasty's Art Corner!

Unfortunately, it's the last one.
I feel like this whole post-a-pic-every-post thing might have effected how much I've been posting, so I'm going to end it. But that's not the end of my art posting! I'll put up some notable weird pics once in a while. In fact, if a weekly art post turns out to not be too exhausting (it takes a while to get a picture+source ready!), I might do that.
Anyway, without further ado, here's the last post-per-post post. Or something like that.
Untitled
You maybe or may have not seen color swapped ponies (oooh, bonus pic!) before, but something I haven't seen anywhere else than from the guy that made the vectors that went into the pic above is pony fusions, which not only swaps the colors of one pony with another, but gives the pony the racial traits of both ponies. Meaning if you fuse a pegasus and a unicorn, you get an alicorn. An idea I've only seen here, and I think it's pretty cool. And you gotta love that Luna Pie!
Oh, and if you want more pony fusions, click on this lovely l...

I'll edit in an RP post later. I don't want to lose the rest of this post.
EDIT: Actually, I'll be a while with an RP update. Maybe tomorrow.

EDIT: THE SEQUEL: Here it isssssssssssss!
Pinkie was so happy to see Dizzy. It didn't matter to her if he wasn't so happy to see her. Heck, she didn't even notice he wasn't happy to see her. She just embraced him snugly, and when she wasn't asking for a treat, she was rubbing her face against his lucious coat/fur. Then she notices Twilight's shocked face. "Oh, hi Twilight! Did you come here looking for tarts too?"

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
This is my pretty okay Toastyloggery.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,555. Posted:

Have some amazing art:

Untitled
Untitled

A strange blend of anthro and regular pony. I love it. :)

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

12,556. Posted:

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,557. Posted:

@crimsonfire13 Did you draw that? :O

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

12,558. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Untitled

Cool, but wrong kind of pony lol.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

12,559. Posted:

^ @CaptainMorpheus
No (shame)

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

12,560. Posted:

@Ralizah Yeah, the team has been doing pretty good with the show still, plus Daniel Ingram's work has been confirmed for season 4, so I'm sure it'll be great.

@SheldonRandoms lol that's awesome, not what I was expecting from seas ponies though :P

@CaptainMorpheus Good job getting on EQD, and I didn't realize Captain Morpheus was so fond of glitter :P

@CrimsonFire13 :O Wizardmon Pony would rival even Starswirl, great find!

I've been on a Rarity kick lately, and I can't get over this one.
Untitled

Edited on by Wildvine53

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53