General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 12,501 to 12,520 of 14,842

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

12,501. Posted:

Felt like it was played safe average fan fiction.... Let's see come fall if it is a bad move...... Also really cheesy way to do what they did.

Spoiler

I never want to hear Celestia sing again, that was dreadful.

End spoiler

Edited on by Aqueous

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,502. Posted:

@Aqueous You've been in a pissy mood lately. Anything bothering you you wanna talk to us about?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

12,503. Posted:

Hello bronies I'm back after my hiatus. :P I'm very satisfied with how much spoilery stuff I managed to evade. :D

I read all the past posts, most talk about the Twilicorn debate and a few about the sad story of Fighting is Magic, that, I'm not surprised they got in trouble, it got too big (seriously taking their game to EVO, what were mane6 thinking?). That is life, we move on, with less intrusive projects. About alicorn Twilight, see spoilers below.

Spoilers on Magical Mystery Cure

I was completely cool with alicorn Twilight even before it was confirmed (so many fanfictions about it desensitize you), the story surrounding the fact is what matters to me. Before I touch the episode I'd like to say that my points of view about Twilicorn didn't change much after the finale. Imho they left it all on standby (she has been an alicorn for, what? 6 minutes?), I will withhold any real opinion until we see the consequences of the alicornication next season.

Now the episode: Rushed is the name of the game for this series, they have great plot ideas but they never have time to flesh them freely. I understand this show is meant as a funny little cartoon for girls, and the effort they put to make it a bit more is remarkable; I don't mind rushed episodes if they manage to pull them off, and they always have. The idea of making this a musical episode in order to cover for the rush was incredibly clever, kudos. I am one of the few mexicans that love musicals. I grew up going to the few musical plays that made it to my city (my mom knew the producer and used to get free tickets hehe), Daniel Ingram made this episode so enjoyable that I started to forgot the whole alicorn Twilight thing. Great song after great song until the end, and accompanied by gorgeous animation, I'm not going to lie I love this episode. Best of all... FREAKING CELESTIA SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS!!!!11!one!! UGHNSSOLKWAWESOMECNKELIFEGNKCOMPLETEDD... gh gh... What? oh yes I am alive.
@Aqueous: You are just being a grumpy pants Celestia singing was fine.

It had the couple of good jokes that made me laugh, usually Pinkie helps with that, and nice fuzzy moments that really got to me; so overall I enjoyed it very much for what it was. It was not perfect and I can see what others would not enjoy the excess of music and feely stuff, but it wasn't bad.

Until the commercial started... no I didn't mean the commercial break I meant the blatant commercial at the end... with the princesses all pretty on silly dresses that Rarity would never have approved. I mean the mane 6 had look better, but the princesses :/. Just look at those, they are so cheesy and not elegant. Who dressed them? A maker of toys for little girls?... ... ooooh. Seriously though they look just like the dresses on the actual toys, that is: BAD... and Twilight's hair style is too frilly for her... and you DON'T use GOLD on LUNA! Yeah, of all things, I'm gonna hate on the "pretty" dresses on the coronation, sue me.

End Spoilers.

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week== an Alicorn Twilight fic, what else? :P
Cry for Eternity by asylum1388
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Incomplete Teen]
Princess Celestia has died... a new Princess of the sun shall rise. Guess who?
A bit sad at first this story focuses more on the day to day struggle of Princess Twilight Sparkle to adapt to her new life and responsibilities, in a very human (pony?) way.
Very well executed, this story is treat that is more complicated that what canon did, but at the same time simple and believable.

Art. This is just so perfect:
Untitled

And because some people do enjoy the music excess the list of this episode's songs on youtube. via EQD.

I see the RP is a bit stuck, I'll wait and see if anyone moves this week. I can now read the posts normally, (yay) so if anyone wants to go look for Celestia I will answer. :)

See you all next week.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

12,504. Posted:

@CaptainMorpheus - No. /for a number of reasons. I will give you the main one though. I don't know what is wrong. Well I guess my mask slipped then.

@Twilight_Crow - I just didn't like her singing voice

Edited on by Aqueous

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

12,505. Posted:

@Twilight_Crow: Yeah, the dresses at the end were pretty bad so don't worry, it's not just you.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

12,506. Posted:

I loved all the songs, including Celestia's, but the main one that keeps getting stuck in my head for some reason is What my Cutie Mark is Telling Me (don't know the official name, sorry).

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Konata

12,507. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

I loved all the songs, including Celestia's, but the main one that keeps getting stuck in my head for some reason is What my Cutie Mark is Telling Me (don't know the official name, sorry).

I've had Applejack's part of that song, replaying over and over in my head
:O

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,508. Posted:

Speaking of Twilicorn...

Have some of CSIMadMax's brilliance:

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

12,509. Posted:

Konata wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

I've had Applejack's part of that song, replaying over and over in my head
:O

Applejack sang exceptionally well throughout this episode. Well, she kinda always does, but that's beside the point. :P Her part of the True True Friend song has actually been stuck in my head all day today.

Yeah, I'm liking True True Friend more and more. Now both that and What my Cutie Mark is Telling Me are stuck in my head, fighting for dominance.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

12,510. Posted:

The unforeseen consequences of the finale's events
Untitled
Untitled

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all
Credit for my awesome Avatar!

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

12,511. Posted:

Untitled

@Wildvine53 Well, they could just.......oh dear, what if somebody ask's about this at a questions and answers?

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

12,512. Posted:

Wow, I just saw Episode 13, and I thought it was an awesome and well-done episode!!! :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

12,513. Posted:

Daniel Ingram really salvaged what could have been a disaster and turned it into one of Season 3's best episodes. The songs were absolutely gorgeous and memorable. I don't know why, but I have some strange fixation on Pinkie Pie (or Pinkamena, thinking back on the hair) in this episode, with her cute southern twang and obsession with that water chute.

I'm interested in where they're going with this princess thing, though. McCarthy said she considered this part one of a three-part episode, so it definitely seems like they'll be addressing this weirdness head-on next season.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,514. Posted:

For all those who missed it:

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,515. Posted:

On a side note, why didn't this happen?! :(
Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

12,516. Posted:

I really liked all the music in this one as well, though my favorite one has to be 'What My Cutie Mark is Telling Me'. It just has that certain rhythm to it that's pretty catchy.

@Twilight_Crow You're right, most of the dresses that were worn were not very easy on the eyes. Luna with gold... Why! :P

@RetroBrony91 My exact same feelings on it for the most part.

@Ralizah I liked Pinkie's slight southern accent as well. We'll probably never hear it again either though, so it was nice while it lasted.

@Wildvine53 I saw a video with the same message. Kinda makes you think doesn't it.

@Discostew That's right! I was wondering whatever happened to Discord for the final, though I guess we'll have to wait till later.

Discostew wrote:

In a blast of light, Discord materialized on top of a hospital bed, spotlights surrounding the bed as they focused on him. He continued gasping for air while Pinkie Pie was still wrapped around his neck. "Nurse. Nurse!" Snapping his fingers, a nurse's outfit had been placed on Luna, and she was magically dragged over to the bedside of Discord as he continued his performance. "Tell me the truth, nurse. How does it look?" Before Luna could reply, he interrupted her. "Not you! Me!" He pushed her away as he turned to his side, producing fake coughing. A bed pan flashed next to the bed with a couple of ripe onions inside. Holding up the bedpan out of sight of Luna, he took a long whiff of the onions. Dropping the bed pan, he turned back to her with tears in his eyes, pretending to be emotional. "It's Pink-itis, isn't it nurse? Tell the truth! How bad is it? Will I ever be able to play baseball with little Jimmy again? How can I go on living without ever enjoying life to its fullest anymore?!" Coughing falsely again, he performed numerous leg and arm spasms as he gagged, as if the life was being sucked out of him. Seconds later his limbs relaxed on the bed before his limbs were in spasm a second longer. He beckoned to Luna. "Nurse......come closer.....I....I need to tell you something......important...cough...before I go...." His arms were stretched out towards her, in a sympathetic manner.

Luna is stunned by the bright lights while a nurses outfit suddenly appears on her. But the momentary surprise on her face turns to annoyance, continuing to roll her eyes at Discord as he overreacts outrageously. "Why is it that you need to turn everything into a ludicrous soap opera?" she bemoans, as she listens and watches him going about his act. She was about to loosen Pinkie's grip with her magic, but Discord going limp interrupts her. She slowly extends her hoof to his paw to check his pulse, "Is he really..." Discord then starts to spasm again, knocking her hoof back into her face. More annoyed now with a purplish red showing on her face, she's about to slap him across his face, until he tells her to get closer for something seemingly important. "Alright, but no more tricks, or you shall wish you had been suffocated. She says sternly. Leaning in over his head, her head tilts slightly for her ear to listen.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

12,517. Posted:

Did anyone else know about this NationStates thing involving Trixie?

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_great_and_powerful_trixie

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

12,518. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Did anyone else know about this NationStates thing involving Trixie?

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_great_and_powerful_trixie

Cool, I'll make a nation too :D

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,519. Posted:

Here's a tear-jerker for y'all who played PMD:

Untitled

I'm going to go cry now :'(

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

12,520. Posted:

@CaptainMorpheus Yes, I want to stay and never go.........with my invaluable........ irreplaceable friend.......

Untitled

Squirtle was the only one who was there for me, when I was down, he would cheer me up, even though I was an electric type and he was a water type, we still got along well, he once pushed me out of the way of that attack, just to save me, Squirlte, you are a true friend that I can never find anywhere..........our paths may be parting, but I will never forget you, and I know you won't forget me, but at least the last thing I see of you............is your smile.................which I will never forget for the rest of my life.......................

And if you played the game, you would know what happened next, also, i'm working on a Pony picture, but I won't upload it until my birthday, which is March 17th.

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms