@Morph2: Sweetie Sombra is best pony.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

12,282. Posted:

@Sylverstone Welcome back! I missed your rhyming and game-making!

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,283. Posted:

@CorporalofChaos I think his absence was because of the game-making.

@Morph1 Morph2... Haha! :D

@Sylverstone Welcome back! Untitled

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

12,284. Posted:

Welcome back, Sylver! :) Long time no see

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
ActRaiser is the most overexposed Quintet SNES game ever!
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Aqueous

12,285. Posted:

@CaptainMorpeus - So you find it too?

@Sylverstone - Good to see you again

[21:36] BadKitty: I see people are excited to play as LJM xD
[21:38] Aqueous: It should be fun but it makes me worried were you are in episode 1
[21:38] BadKitty: Dead xD
[21:38] Aqueous: :O

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,286. Posted:

@Aqueous Of course! The reason why shows like Doctor Who have legendary stories is because they have more time to tell them.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,287. Posted:

Untitled

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

WarioMan

12,288. Posted:

Untitled

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
Formerly PSI_King.

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

12,289. Posted:

As I promised my views on the new episode.

Spoilers on Keep Calm and Flutter On.

This was the most rushed episode in all MLP:FiM, that doesn't mean is bad, I take a rushed episode over a bad writen one any day. The whole idea was solid, and it was well executed, but as I said time messed up stuff, many things that needed more exposition, and introspection (in the case of some characters reactions) were thrown out for the viewer to fill in. As an expert in filling plot wholes, I can say this was the best they could have done it with the time they had, I salute you Polsky (even though you wrote the worst episode of FiM also :P).
If there was any milestone in this episode was the animation, it was top notch. The scene with the rotating cottage got me going all "O.O OMC t'so great SQEEEEE~".
I really like De´Lancie's voice acting, Discord was hilarious the whole time; it's really great he reforms, just like Q did. Hoping for him to become a permanent part of the cast. There were also some good jokes during the mane6 interactions that make me laugh. I have gotten to expect some of those to be part of every episode, glad they were there. And we had Celestia and her misterious intentions; any episode with Celestia speaking that much is a great episode... just kidding but I love the character and her voice.
It was a decent episode, with a premise I liked and a decent execution considering time and child audience.

@Aqueous And I tought I was harsh on Spike's episode, didn't know you critisizing an ep. As @CorporalOfChaos mentioned, that is just Celestia being Celestia, complaining about her doing this kind of stuff now, is like complaining about Pinkie Pie ignoring Physics next episode. Celestia acts in misterious ways :P. Seriously I like how we really don't get Celestia, why she does some of what she does? Is she just crazy? Can she see the future and micro-manages things to get a result? Who knows? I like she is not explained; and even if I would love an episode centered on her, I don't really want them going too deep into her reasoning. We have fanfiction for that. :D
All characters, ALL, were underplayed this episode completely true, the reason? Not time for developing them, they took them, put them on a situation they couldn't build up to and hoped for the best. I personally think they pull through, but is a matter of opinion. They were on character just didn't have time to do develop their reactions.
You didn't get the part when Fluttershy explains she knows what Discord is really doing? She is playing dumb, pretending to get along with Discord. I have actually use that technique with people , so they get easy on me, because they know they can trust me not to judge them. It works IN REAL LIFE. It takes a lot more time (again time) and it's quite more complicated than just giving the benefit of the doubt, but the way Fluttershy acts seemed perfectly reasonable to me, if a bit exagerated. The last part was the most rushed, it should have taken Discord A LOT MORE time to realize he liked the way Fluttershy treat him, but yet again time.
You really wanted Angel to be able to do something against Discords plan?... seriously? He's never been THAT useful, and man Discord can be really scary.
Discord is not a real "bad guy", he does things for entretainment, he likes to mess up with ponies but it doesn't have to be the only thing he finds fun, and I can easily see how the idea of letting Fluttershy actually try to reform him could be amusing to him; after all he is very arrogant. He is also chaos, chaos means that there is not a pattern, no real end to his actions, in other words he could have act however, and still be in character, chaos can lead to good things by accident.

End Spoilers.

@Sylverstone Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

12,290. Posted:

Spoilers for new Episode. But really, who hasn't seen it yet? :P

@Aqueous I respect your opinion on this, and I'm not trying to change it, but I can't find the same faults with the characters like you did. To me, everyone was how I've remembered. Fluttershy wasn't a complete door mat, she just needed to win over his trust, and giving him the space he needed was what she thought was the best solution, even if it was hard for her to do at times. Also the rest of the cast played their parts how they should have I felt. The problem is was that there just wasn't enough time to fully expand on each character's... well character. it's not that they were out of character, they just couldn't deal with that much in that short amount of time. It really should have been a 2 parter in my eyes for that reason. We got stuck with what we had, and it was an enjoyable experience with what they could do. As for the reforming spells, I would chalk it up to Celestia in her hurry didn't think of doing that, since the Elements were a priority to her. Besides, who's to say they would work on him anyways. He probably got rid of them as a measure to make sure his plan would succeed just in case.

As for my personal thoughts, this episode really had some awesome moments. The rotating cottage was animation gold, and Discord pulling a carrot out of Angel's ear and putting it in his mouth as his tooth was hilarious. Also the scene he physically rolled his eyes was so brilliant. He pretty much stole the show like last time we saw him. Also some nice little moments with the mane ponies were had, if not many. Only problem that really glared was like mostly what everypony else said. Ending was rushed, but they did the best they could with what they had, and to that I salute them.

@CorporalOfChaos I must say that I love the name and Avatar change you made. Super Fluttershy Land 2. :D But what you said is kinda true, the episodes aren't quite as memorable as most of the first and second were. We'll have to wait and see if the other episodes change the tide.

@DiscordedTeeJay I saw the collaboration you did with him (or is it her?) on that story. It was a cute story, and your art was really good I thought. I look forward to more posts from you there. :)

@Sylverstone Nice to see you around these parts again and that pic is so cute. :) I missed your rhyming as Zecora, as well as hearing about your game. How does it go now though? Is it still being worked on?

@Machamp_King lol Now that was funny. :D

@CaptainMorpheous That's a nice pic you found there. :)

@Twilight_Crow I must say that you covered most points of the episode I was thinking of. I agree with you on what you said 100%. I'll also take a look at that music soon, as well as try to get into that story.

This one is for you @Aqueous. (And all other pokemon trainers out there. ;) )
Untitled

I still think he fist almost all the roles he's put in. :P

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

12,291. Posted:

Warms my heart. :)

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Discostew

12,292. Posted:

I do see where @Aqueous is getting at. However, like others have said, it was more of a lack of time than actual faulty writing. Compare Spike's last episode to this, and that's where you can see the distinction.

@Electricmastro - I adore Mickeymonster's pony art.

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

WarioMan

12,293. Posted:

Untitled

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
Formerly PSI_King.

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Discostew

12,294. Posted:

@Machamp_King - I still prefer DiscoPie. DiscoShy is simply friend-zone material.

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

12,295. Posted:

I thought Keep Calm and Flutter On was a great episode! Of course I'm biased, any episode featuring Rarity dressed up is automatically awesome.

I love this art style on this one.
Untitled

Edited on by Wildvine53

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all
Credit for my awesome Avatar!

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

12,296. Posted:

Thanks for all the hugs, guys! I've got a pretty long story, but definitely have a read!

Pinkie Pie's Perilous Platforms is actually being revamped because I lost parts of the source code when I had to factory reset my laptop, so it may be a while until you see anything else from me. I do have old prototypes, demos and assets that were saved luckily, and I've been revamping everything since then. Better this than working from scratch all over again - that would've probably caused me to quit (and cry a bit). 10 months+ of work down the drain is kinda hard to swallow, but I was really lucky to have saved a majority of what made the game what it is.

Currently, I have a new artist helping me out (my last artist suddenly disappeared from the Internet, sadly), plus a good friend of mine who's acting as a tester and consultant and another friend who is composing some of the music. I had a co-designer at one point, but he resigned for personal reasons. No bad blood between us, it's just that he needed some space since he had his own issues to deal with. Of course, I still have fan voice actresses Bree Faith and Rina-chan waiting in the wings when it's time to voice the characters, plus I'm still looking for a Discord VA - I should be able to nail that down eventually.

Back around the S3 premiere, I hosted a Sylver's Edge panel on a charity stream (New Lunar BroNEcast - raised nearly a thousand bucks for charity!) and got to talk about the history of the game - showed old prototypes and discussed the future of it as well. I was nervous as hell, but I managed to pull through and really deliver a stellar show. I'm unsure if I have the footage saved, but if I did, I'd wish to watch it in its length to see how badly I messed up. Not the best talker, but I do try. :D

As for the game itself, I've had the chance to really sit down and talk things over about where this was going because after a while, it wasn't really clicking - there were many issues which weren't resolved, I had to face a lot of critiques (no problem with them at all, actually) when the game was out there for all to see and then there was college chewing up my time so development would have to run on a schedule since my main focus shifted from the game (which used to be a year-long project in my senior year of high school) to my college classes.

It's been an uphill task, really, and I will assume that this is the same for any other indie developer since they have a lot on their hands to work with (and certain freedoms to create what they wish), and they pretty much have to give it all they have. Plus I've also resolved to keep myself out of the public eye with the game since I was really begin to oversell it and luckily, a few folks managed to bring me down to earth so now I'm taking things one step at a time. I can market it like it's nothing, but there was a lot that needed to be done which wasn't even ready yet.

Do I think that I can finish this game? Surely. It's what I set out to do once I started.

Will it take some time? All things do, naturally.

Is there a demo of it out there so I can play? Yep, there is! Just know that the game may be different than what you see in the final product. http://sylverstone14.deviantart.com/art/Pinkie-Pie-s-Perilous...

Am I here forever?

Honestly, I've really outgrown the Nintendo Life forums as my home, mostly because I've found other places to socialize and have fun (mostly Reddit, actually), but I can never turn my back to this place. There are many wonderful people here who have become my friends and I can't thank them enough for just being my friend and talking to me whenever I make a forum thread about something whether if it's about Nintendo games or something offbeat.

It would be criminal to do so.

I mean, maybe you guys weren't my first brony community, but when I found one here, I was delighted to see that folks here were loving it as much as I did. You guys are amazing!

But going back to the brony community in general, I've been doing a lot - I'm pretty sure I recall linking my (somewhat craptastic) fanfic attempt here - check it out, From a Flake to a Flutter - http://www.fimfiction.net/story/44491/from-a-flake-to-a-flutter

I've also dipped my feet into the brony music scene - made some brony mixes from time to time on VirtualDJ.

Here's the first one I made, called "Everypony's Twilightlicious for Sapphire Shores (SimGretina Mix)". Long name, but it makes sense.

My second one, "Beyond Her One Trick Dream of Discord".

Capping it off, lots of things are going on behind the scenes. I'm getting back into the groove of things since I really want to get this game up and ready, plus I really missed you guys a lot!

Also, I may be going to BronyCon 2013 and there's a teeny-tiny chance that I may try to get a working demo ready by then! I would've been at Big Apple Ponycon back in NYC, but my schedule is very much against me, sadly.

Anyways, enjoy all the stuff I've posted!

Edited on by Sylverstone

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

Discostew

12,297. Posted:

@Sylverstone - "plus I'm still looking for a Discord VA"

Have you heard my dubbing on my YT channel? It may not be "up-to-snuff", but that was almost a year and a half ago. I've been trying to improve my Discord voice for some time now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3CRsr7RoSQ - This was my last public recording as a request almost a year ago, but I've been requested by multiple people to do the newest episode, so I'm in the process of doing that.

AuthorMessage

MasterGraveheart

12,298. Posted:

So, hey, I just thought of this. Following the new episode, think we'll see Discord in the MLP mobile game? =P

@Sylverstone: Welcome back!

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter: ccagraveheart

AuthorMessage

Sylverstone

12,299. Posted:

Discostew wrote:

@Sylverstone - "plus I'm still looking for a Discord VA"

Have you heard my dubbing on my YT channel? It may not be "up-to-snuff", but that was almost a year and a half ago. I've been trying to improve my Discord voice for some time now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3CRsr7RoSQ - This was my last public recording as a request almost a year ago, but I've been requested by multiple people to do the newest episode, so I'm in the process of doing that.

I look forward to hearing more of your work!

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Journal | Follow me! | StreetPass NYC | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

12,300. Posted:

@Sylverstone Have a muffin! :)

Untitled

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar