General Discussion Forum

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Showing 12,081 to 12,100 of 14,606

AuthorMessage

Wildvine53

12,081. Posted:

I didn't realize there was a new episode today, here's a link for those who missed it.

An Ed Edd n Eddy brony scam, this might just be the best possible thing ever!
Untitled

"If I've learned anything from video games, it's that encountering enemies means you're headed in the right direction."
“Our differences are only skin deep, but our sames go down to the bone.”
Eyeliner, +500 against haters y'all
Credit for my awesome Avatar!

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

AuthorMessage

Discostew

12,082. Posted:

SPOILER

I agree with @Twilight_Crow. This particular episode has too many problems and inconsistencies with it. Maybe through the eyes of the target demographic it wasn't so bad, but honestly, one of the things Spike is known for doing right is done completely wrong in this episode, multiple times. When using a running gag, you start with a funny scenario, and continue using it. Spike did not start as a clumsy, "I can't clean worth a darn" dragon, so it isn't a running gag to begin with, but they tried to force that in this episode as if he was always like this. It just seemed like the studio has a quota of at least 1 Spike episode per season, so they threw something together in hopes it would work. I don't "hate" the episode though, as I don't hate all the other lower-than-average episodes. It did have its small moments (Pinkie Pie screaming with a smile on her face), but those moments just don't make up for the poor script/scenario presented.

btw, I'm noticing a lot of Applejack this season. Are they making up for the lack of her in the prior seasons?

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

MasterGraveheart

12,083. Posted:

***SPOILER ALERT***

It looks like a lot of the problems with this episode have been touched on. It has easily overthrown One Bad Apple as the weakest episode of the season. I won't call it the worst of the series, that still belongs to either Fall Weather Friends or Owl's Well That Ends Well. However, there were a lot of problems that need mentioning.

1. Wasted Potential. Instead of portraying Spike as incompetent, they should have shown him going overboard and causing chaos that way, kind of like what AJ did last episode. Yes, it would have been a bit repetitive, but it would have been a theme on different levels and they could have kept that level. Speaking of how Spike acted...

2. Inconsistencies with Spike. He's Twilight Sparkle's #1 assistant. Twilight Sparkle, who prides herself on neatness and organization. And Spike was THIS bad at not messing things up? I get that there were new surroundings, but come on. This just made him look bad, I think. If you want to say that he was intentionally trying too hard to pay back AJ, I guess that's okay, but still, it just made him look like you wouldn't trust him with taking a feather duster to a titanium block.

3. Inconsistencies with Applejack. This was a plot-constructive issue, and not the first time it's happened to AJ (losing the hoof-wrestling match to Rainbow Dash in Fall Weather Friends when she can be said to have beaten her in the one they had in Ticket Master). What's been consistent or AJ all-series long, however, is her hind leg strength. She's stopped fully-loaded carriages with them, but she can't shake her leg free of small rocks with just one? Or, at the very least, buck the excess with her free one? Yeah, I don't buy it one bit.

4. Inconsistencies with the art. While manes have been flipped before, they've always been consistent. However, Rarity and Fluttershy both had an instance where their manes were messed up and put up incorrectly. Minor, but noticable.

5. It made Twilight look uncaring. When Spike was telling Twilight the situation, she was of course buried in her book. This has happened with her before, but when the important thing comes up, even she'll snap out of it. Just look at Dragonshy if you don't believe me. This just seemed sad, especially for a pair who were supposed to be so close. It makes me feel a bit sadder having just seen how close they are in The Crystal Empire Part 2.

6. It just wasn't a strong episode as a whole. Again, it isn't the worst of the series, but it is the weakest of the season.

There WERE, however, some strong points I think need to remembered.

1. Applejack epicness. She took down three Timberwolves. Sure, she had to be saved from the super Timberwolf, but that was plot-constructive so I can give a /little/ forgiveness. Who's to say she couldn't have taken that one down anyway? AJ seems to have an issue of being nerfed compared to the others, so showing her to have that epic hero side to her was good to see.

2. Beautiful animation. When there weren't the visual errors, it had some BEAUTIFUL visuals, especially out of the Timberwolves and the AJ fight scene.

3. It painted Applejack in a good light as somepony who does things because it's the right thing to do, not out of selfish greed, but also as someone who takes others' feelings into consideration. I've said that AJ had the most personal growth from the beginning of the series and was the "big sister" of the group. I think that's unquestioned right now.

4. There were a couple good gags to be had.

And that's that!

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter: ccagraveheart

AuthorMessage

Discostew

12,084. Posted:

SPOLIER continued

MasterGraveheart wrote:

3. Inconsistencies with Applejack. This was a plot-constructive issue, and not the first time it's happened to AJ (losing the hoof-wrestling match to Rainbow Dash in Fall Weather Friends when she can be said to have beaten her in the one they had in Ticket Master). What's been consistent or AJ all-series long, however, is her hind leg strength. She's stopped fully-loaded carriages with them, but she can't shake her leg free of small rocks with just one? Or, at the very least, buck the excess with her free one? Yeah, I don't buy it one bit.

I don't know about this one. With AJ, her bucking is based on throwing force through her hind legs, but she doesn't have that when she's trapped because she can't go through the motion of putting force behind it. Not to mention if she tried, she could have possibly injured herself more since she didn't have a good position to buck the rocks other than down, which would have probably crushed her trapped leg.

AuthorMessage

Konata

12,085. Posted:

Just finished the new episode...

SPOILERS.
Not to be a hater, but Spike really isn't my favorite MLP character... But before I watched the episode I decided to keep an open mind. I still didn't enjoy it that much, I feel like this was like a "Really boring filler episode." If that made any sense, I just got really bored watching it.
As @SomePonies have already posted, Spike wasn't his tidy self as he usually is, I think it was weird that they made it that way. And again, I didn't really enjoy it.

SPOILERS END.

Almost forgot, I just watched the first two episodes of the first season of MLP:FIM, I don't know why I haven't watched them sooner, but I really liked it! Especially Pinkie Pie x3.
Untitled

Edited on by Konata

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

12,086. Posted:

FoTW

Yep, time for today's ==Fic of The Week== everypony.
A little more Christmas for everyone that likes Past Sins. This week Pen Stroke posted the first couple of chapters of the last part of the "In The Family" miniseries:
Winter Bells by Pen Stroke
[On Finfiction Slice-of-life Incomplete Everyone]
Is the first Hearth's Warming for Nyx, and she is going to spend it with her new family, if they accept her.
You can expect the usual Stroke quality, dig in.

So, yeah I didn't like this week's episode but it has salveagable things, and the fandom helps:
Untitled

And some art:
Untitled

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Discostew

12,087. Posted:

I'm quite amazed at how quickly people are able to draw/color/etc some of these pieces of art, considering it was only today the episode aired,which they are based off of .

Discord had his head turned, looking at something in the distance, arms folded and jaw moving. The silence after Celestia's speech broke Discord out of his daze. He turned to Celestia and extended his arm out to her with a wrapper in his hand. He responded to her with a mouth full of taffy. “Oh I'm sorry, did you want some?” Seeing Celestia's lack of amusement, Discord threw the foil wrapper into his mouth and swallowed it and the taffy down. “Don't look at me like that, princess. I'm not the one that was going to be creating havoc, though I guess I should feel insulted for not being invited to participate. Speaking of which, your absence on the train is the least of your concerns.” Discord giggled as he motioned to Celestia, waving his arm back and forth, thumb extended in the direction of Luna and the crowd of ponies.

Edited on by Discostew

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

12,088. Posted:

Wildvine53 wrote:

An Ed Edd n Eddy brony scam, this might just be the best possible thing ever!
Untitled

OMG, I laughed at this :D

Also, this discussion needs more top hats, pipes, and monocles Untitled

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

MasterGraveheart

12,089. Posted:

Untitled

...I don't approve of smoking. ;)

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter: ccagraveheart

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

12,090. Posted:

I wonder if they quality of many episode will improve with an extension of the time limit. Ya know, the fact that they have less than 30 minutes to tell a whole story when it isn't a two parter. I feel as if the episodes where longer, they would have better time explaining. IDK.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Metroid Fusion, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV), and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

12,091. Posted:

@Konata Yay! Glad you got that taken care of. :)

@Twilight_Crow lol That comic explains it then. :D

I think everyone touched upon what was wrong with the episode, though the most glaring for me was that Spike just wasn't himself for some of it. I mean you can have those kinda days that everything you touch turns out bad, but this was a bit much. Not my least favorite, but definitely not a favorite.

Also, if anypony has a hard time of getting a hold of the new MLP comic book, here.

Luna was glad to see that her sister was alright, even though she hid the whole abdicating the thrown thing behind her back. Regardless, now was not the time to to have it out with her. After hearing Discords words, she knew she needed to try and get the populace to safety. "Who knows what he may have in store for them." She thought to herself. She flew close to her sister and whispered the plan in her ear. "Sister, we must get everypony out of harms way, I'll evacuate them, and you shall distract him. I'll be back when I get them to the safety point." Her face turns to concern, and says "Be careful, Tia." Then with a stern face, also adds, "And don't think we're done yet."

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Discostew

12,092. Posted:

"Evacuate? Are we having a wizard's duel?" Below the two princesses was Discord lying on the ground with one hand holding up an ear trumpet. "There's no need for that. In fact, I think they should all have a front row seat." He snaps his fingers, and the crowd of ponies disappear and reappear in rows on benches that also appear out of thin air. Several ponies are also seen with popcorn tubs, enjoying themselves.

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

12,093. Posted:

Ehhh, for some twisted reason I prefered this ep to Apple Family Reunion, or equal. It was fun, predictable, lazy stuff, though I might change opinions.

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

12,094. Posted:

"Duel!?" says Celestia alarmed. "Oh nononono." She steps beside Discord, puts a wing over his shoulder and walks with him. "No, duels... duels are straght forward and boring, you attack, I attack, repeat. What is the fun in that? Perhaps if we do something else, another kind of competicion. Something chaotic and nosensical, something that only crazy people do and I would never..." Celestia then turns to look at her sister who returns the stare with a questioning look. "VIDEOGAMES!" Shouts the Princess, while showing a thootie smile.

Hey listen to this:
Today Everfree Radio played the Top 100 brony songs of 2012 there are lots of musical talent on the fandom, but I know how tiring is looking through it all, but here it is, the best, ready for you to listen: Youtube Playlist

And becuase relevant:

Original Discord song.

Enjoy. :D

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

12,095. Posted:

MasterGraveheart wrote:

Untitled

>:[

It's just not the same without a pipe >:[

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Nintengirl

12,096. Posted:

I showed a little kid the first 2 episodes of MLP. She asked me "Why is Pinkie so adorable?" and said she liked "The Evil Pony"/Luna the best. It was adorable.
On the topic of the episode, everyone has pretty much brought up the points of why I didn't like it. I also didn't like the "Pinkie Pie mustache" thing they had going on. I never really found mustache jokes funny imo.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

12,097. Posted:

Hello, everypony! Can you believe that 2013 is coming in just two days? That's crazy!

In other news, I just made myself a new Pony Generator/MS Paint-made avi:
Untitled
Let me know what you think! :)
For my next avi, which won't be for awhile, I should consider making it 100% on MS Paint

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
Also a fan of Gravity and all things 16-bit
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

ToastyYogurt

12,098. Posted:

Anypony want more weirdish art? Have some pregnant ponies!
UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled
Untitled
(Click them for larger, sourcier goodness)
Whoever can guess who the father is for each gets a cupcake.
But wait, there's more!

@Retrobrony91: Your MS Paint skills are pretty good.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

Loggeroggery! (Now Playing)
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

AuthorMessage

PSI_King

12,099. Posted:

LZBirdboi wrote:

MasterGraveheart wrote:

Untitled

>:[

It's just not the same without a pipe >:[

Buying: Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Steam), Retro City Rampage (3DS), The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
My new BL
Me vs. 3DSFan134
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
"Want a cookie? So do I. Let's Pokemon battle for it!"

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

12,100. Posted:

Thank you, ToastyYogurt :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog