Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 11,801 to 11,820 of 14,348

CorporalPegasus

Well that was cool, but it all went by very fast. Also a ton of songs. Im really interested in what will happen in S4. Seems like the setting and all will be changed. (I hope that not every episode will be focused on Twilight now...)The whole Twilight Alicorn thingamajing wasn't that bad, really.

Overall, S3 had Good, "Eh" and Ugly episodes. Like every season, i guess. But it was very short and no Rarity episodes...

I dont think MLP is really going downhill. Hasbro became more greedy, but i think you can't blame that on the creators of the show.

@CaptMorph Ok, i will add you on 3DS.

IGOR!

GuardianKing

SPOILER BREAK

So my brain just exploded. First, I'll start with a glaring flaw I noticed: this feels like a part 2. I know people say its rushed, but I felt somewhat different. The story in itself was understandable, but its the backstory I felt lacking. If you haven't noticed yet, the spell book Twilight used in this episode is the same book Luna held out at the end of Crystal Empire Part 2. So... Why wait until now? I thought they'd build a bit more on this finale like how each Doctor Who series hints at the finale in every episode (big bad wolf, alternate universe, drumbeat, "the song must end", silence and the cracks in the universe, etc).

That said, I enjoyed it for what it was: dumb and stupid fun, without actually being dumb and stupid. Also, this episode gave me so many feels: Twilight's parents and brother, the expressions on the Princesses' faces, the reactions of her friends, etc. I love it when shows become self-aware (that part where everyone joyfully scream for "PINKIE!").

Verdict: some flaws with the backstory, but overall fun and exciting. It's something for all ages, and I honestly wouldn't mind if this was the series finale. Luckily, we have Season 4!

4/5 smiling pinkies

END OF SPOILER BREAK

So there you go, my thoughts on the finale.

@Corporal Yay!

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

iwanttodie

SPOILER

"Plot Twist"

END OF SPOILER

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

Lunapplebloom

Spoilers
Ok, that wasn't so bad. The episode felt more like a musical than your usual one, but I don't mind that much. It also felt like it should have been a 2 parter instead of one, but that seems to be the case with a few episodes this season. For the most part, it had me smiling for the majority of the episode. I couldn't help but have this feeling though of excitement and dread with what was eventually going to happen and when. When she finally became an alicorn, I think they handled it pretty well. I literally laughed out loud when Pinkie Pie went swinging back and forth with fake wings and party hat horn. I can't help but feel though that they jumped the shark on this though. Fault can be found with Hasbro on that, since they couldn't wait and needed to sell more different princess toys. I could expect to have her as an alicorn at the end of the series, but for now it feels very strange to me. We'll have to wait until season 4 I guess to find out where the series is headed, I just hope that it's for the better and not the worse.
Spoilers

I'm with you @CorporalOfChaos as far as the overall season has been. It's had it's highs as well as lows, but I would say overall it's been decent. I hope they surprise us with this next one.

@CaptainMorpheus I don't think I've added you again, though I'll need to check to be sure.

@Shadowing27 Is she looking at us?

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

MasterGraveheart

What a fantastic finale. I loved it. I'll elaborate a bit more later, but as Spike said, "I knew everything was going to be fine!"

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

GuardianKing

@Lunapplebloom Indeed you did not. No worries though, I'll go ahead and add you back.

In my opinion, Season 3 was the best season. Season 1 was a good introduction, but I particularily didn't like Season 2 as much as I should have. Luckily, the finale was pretty awesome, and Chrysalis is my pick for best villain.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Lunapplebloom

@CaptainMorpheus Ok, I'll get you added back as soon as I can. I also wouldn't say that far. Season 1 was the reason I started watching it, and I felt season 2 did a good job of continuing the goodness. Season 3 I have mixed feelings about, but I'll figure out if I liked it more or less later when I finally wrap my head around what happened.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Electricmastro

CorporalOfChaos wrote:

Well that was cool, but it all went by very fast. Also a ton of songs. Im really interested in what will happen in S4. Seems like the setting and all will be changed. (I hope that not every episode will be focused on Twilight now...)The whole Twilight Alicorn thingamajing wasn't that bad, really.

Overall, S3 had Good, "Eh" and Ugly episodes. Like every season, i guess. But it was very short and no Rarity episodes...

I dont think MLP is really going downhill. Hasbro became more greedy, but i think you can't blame that on the creators of the show.

You'd think that shortening the season would make "eh" and "ugly" episode a rarity.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

GuardianKing

Electricmastro wrote:

CorporalOfChaos wrote:

You'd think that shortening the season would make "eh" and "ugly" episode a rarity.

#pun

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Discostew

SPOILERS
The finale was ok, but like many others, I felt it was rushed. Of what the episode contained, it was good. Far too many songs for a single episode if you ask me, and I feel they got in the way of what the episode could have had. With so much in so little time, they really should have extended this episode out to 2 of them. Then again, I could see it hard to extend it to that much. It's always one of those "too short to be one episode, but too long for a 2-parter" scenarios. Then there's the montage. Glad we have episodic proof that Derpy wasn't cut off from the show. Also, I find the lack of Discord disturbing. He didn't even need a line (like what we expect from Derpy), just be there doing something awkward.

As I have said before, I think the reason why this season has only 13 episode is because of Hasbro wanting this event to happen, and they brought it up during Season 3's development.

END SPOILER

Just to add to our thread, Don't let the RP die!

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Arianabtd

Just finished the new episode.
And it's time for...
Spoiler time with your favorite non-alicorn Konata!

A couple things about this episode...
Super rushed.
Was like a musical drama.
Didn't make me laugh, ONCE! (I watch the show, for the comedy :3)
And last but not least...
TWILIGHTS A PRINCESS!?!?

I guess it adds to the thought: "Every girl can become a Princess!"
Which I don't personally like x3.
But really, I know it's a show for young girls, but this episode was super cheesy. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that.
End of spoiler time with Konata!

I heard that Derpy was in this episode a bunch of times, but I didn't see Derpy once. I guess I just wasn't looking :3

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

iwanttodie

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

Aqueous

Felt like it was played safe average fan fiction.... Let's see come fall if it is a bad move...... Also really cheesy way to do what they did.

Spoiler

I never want to hear Celestia sing again, that was dreadful.

End spoiler

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

Hello bronies I'm back after my hiatus. I'm very satisfied with how much spoilery stuff I managed to evade.

I read all the past posts, most talk about the Twilicorn debate and a few about the sad story of Fighting is Magic, that, I'm not surprised they got in trouble, it got too big (seriously taking their game to EVO, what were mane6 thinking?). That is life, we move on, with less intrusive projects. About alicorn Twilight, see spoilers below.

Spoilers on Magical Mystery Cure

I was completely cool with alicorn Twilight even before it was confirmed (so many fanfictions about it desensitize you), the story surrounding the fact is what matters to me. Before I touch the episode I'd like to say that my points of view about Twilicorn didn't change much after the finale. Imho they left it all on standby (she has been an alicorn for, what? 6 minutes?), I will withhold any real opinion until we see the consequences of the alicornication next season.

Now the episode: Rushed is the name of the game for this series, they have great plot ideas but they never have time to flesh them freely. I understand this show is meant as a funny little cartoon for girls, and the effort they put to make it a bit more is remarkable; I don't mind rushed episodes if they manage to pull them off, and they always have. The idea of making this a musical episode in order to cover for the rush was incredibly clever, kudos. I am one of the few mexicans that love musicals. I grew up going to the few musical plays that made it to my city (my mom knew the producer and used to get free tickets hehe), Daniel Ingram made this episode so enjoyable that I started to forgot the whole alicorn Twilight thing. Great song after great song until the end, and accompanied by gorgeous animation, I'm not going to lie I love this episode. Best of all... FREAKING CELESTIA SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS!!!!11!one!! UGHNSSOLKWAWESOMECNKELIFEGNKCOMPLETEDD... gh gh... What? oh yes I am alive.
@Aqueous: You are just being a grumpy pants Celestia singing was fine.

It had the couple of good jokes that made me laugh, usually Pinkie helps with that, and nice fuzzy moments that really got to me; so overall I enjoyed it very much for what it was. It was not perfect and I can see what others would not enjoy the excess of music and feely stuff, but it wasn't bad.

Until the commercial started... no I didn't mean the commercial break I meant the blatant commercial at the end... with the princesses all pretty on silly dresses that Rarity would never have approved. I mean the mane 6 had look better, but the princesses :/. Just look at those, they are so cheesy and not elegant. Who dressed them? A maker of toys for little girls?... ... ooooh. Seriously though they look just like the dresses on the actual toys, that is: BAD... and Twilight's hair style is too frilly for her... and you DON'T use GOLD on LUNA! Yeah, of all things, I'm gonna hate on the "pretty" dresses on the coronation, sue me.

End Spoilers.

FoTW

Tonight on the ==Fic of The Week== an Alicorn Twilight fic, what else?
Cry for Eternity by asylum1388
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Incomplete Teen]
Princess Celestia has died... a new Princess of the sun shall rise. Guess who?
A bit sad at first this story focuses more on the day to day struggle of Princess Twilight Sparkle to adapt to her new life and responsibilities, in a very human (pony?) way.
Very well executed, this story is treat that is more complicated that what canon did, but at the same time simple and believable.

Art. This is just so perfect:
Untitled

And because some people do enjoy the music excess the list of this episode's songs on youtube. via EQD.

I see the RP is a bit stuck, I'll wait and see if anyone moves this week. I can now read the posts normally, (yay) so if anyone wants to go look for Celestia I will answer.

See you all next week.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Aqueous

@CaptainMorpheus - No. /for a number of reasons. I will give you the main one though. I don't know what is wrong. Well I guess my mask slipped then.

@Twilight_Crow - I just didn't like her singing voice

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.