Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 11,741 to 11,760 of 14,348

SheldonRandoms

Untitled

WHO DO I CHOOSE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

MasterGraveheart

/)_- I thought the days of knocking Applejack out of the group were coming to an end.

Lunapplebloom wrote:

@MasterGraveheart I hope that is true. Having this season be so short is a big change from what we had previously. This also makes me think of what ever happened to the supposed movie they were also working on, and if it will be out before the next season starts or after. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

It's true. Meghan McCarthy confirmed it on her Twitter.

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Electricmastro

NSFW[youtube:eiMQs-2kL38]

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

iwanttodie

WELL, FIGHTING IS MAGIC JUST KICKED THE BUCKET
DISSCUS

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

Discostew

Shadowing27 wrote:

DISSCUS

Just checked it out. A Cease and Desist order by Hasbro. To be honest, it was to be expected based on its popularity and that you almost couldn't get by in the fandom without hearing about it at least once. I'm not one for fighting games anymore. Used to when I was younger with my SNES and Street Fighter 2 against my brothers.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

iwanttodie

MasterGraveheart wrote:

/)_- I thought the days of knocking Derpy out of the group were coming to an end.

Lunapplebloom wrote:

@MasterGraveheart I hope that is true. Having this season be so short is a big change from what we had previously. This also makes me think of what ever happened to the supposed movie they were also working on, and if it will be out before the next season starts or after. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

It's true. Meghan McCarthy confirmed it on her Twitter.

We better get a Rarity episode.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

Discostew

Morphtroid wrote:

It's probably because hasbro doesn't like the idea of their little ponies hitting each other.

It's ok though when they are hitting enemies, like the changelings, dragons (not Spike), or chimeras.

Then again, there was that time with Applejack and Rainbow Dash in that competition......and also Applejack and Rarity in that pillow fight......and the Cutie Mark Crusaders when describing Discord.......Angel pimp-slapping Fluttershy......Twilight and discorded ponies.....I'm sure there's a lot more....

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

Wildvine53

Discostew wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

It's probably because hasbro doesn't like the idea of their little ponies hitting each other.

It's ok though when they are hitting enemies, like the changelings, dragons (not Spike), or chimeras.

Then again, there was that time with Applejack and Rainbow Dash in that competition......and also Applejack and Rarity in that pillow fight......and the Cutie Mark Crusaders when describing Discord.......Angel pimp-slapping Fluttershy......Twilight and discorded ponies.....I'm sure there's a lot more....

I thought it had to do with the "Use it or Lose it" Copyright laws. It's the same reason fan videos and full episodes have been removed from youtube recently

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Discostew

@Wildvine53 - I was just trying to be funny in relation to Morph's post using scenarios from the show that sorta disproved that hitting each other was the reason, but you are correct in a sense. In order to keep control of your IP, you not only have to use it, but disallow it from being used by everyone else that isn't getting permission to do so in the first place. I remember the Chrono Trigger Resurrection game that was being made by a fan group. Fully 3D remake of the game, then Square gave them the C&D, even though Square wasn't doing anything with that IP at the time.

In a blast of light, Discord materialized on top of a hospital bed, spotlights surrounding the bed as they focused on him. He continued gasping for air while Pinkie Pie was still wrapped around his neck. "Nurse. Nurse!" Snapping his fingers, a nurse's outfit had been placed on Luna, and she was magically dragged over to the bedside of Discord as he continued his performance. "Tell me the truth, nurse. How does it look?" Before Luna could reply, he interrupted her. "Not you! Me!" He pushed her away as he turned to his side, producing fake coughing. A bed pan flashed next to the bed with a couple of ripe onions inside. Holding up the bedpan out of sight of Luna, he took a long whiff of the onions. Dropping the bed pan, he turned back to her with tears in his eyes, pretending to be emotional. "It's Pink-itis, isn't it nurse? Tell the truth! How bad is it? Will I ever be able to play baseball with little Jimmy again? How can I go on living without ever enjoying life to its fullest anymore?!" Coughing falsely again, he performed numerous leg and arm spasms as he gagged, as if the life was being sucked out of him. Seconds later his limbs relaxed on the bed before his limbs were in spasm a second longer. He beckoned to Luna. "Nurse......come closer.....I....I need to tell you something......important...cough...before I go...." His arms were stretched out towards her, in a sympathetic manner.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

Eel

Discostew wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

One could argue that they can defend themselves in most of these cases... Fighting the changelings proved to be awesomely useless, hitting a dragon usually results in something bad, Apple/Dash placed last in the race and looked very bad the whole episode, Apple/Rarity ruined a slumber party and almost got themselves killed, the CMC released a demon and almost destroy reality itself, Angel got karma'd, Twilight couldn't help her friends until after she stopped fighting, etc.
All had consequences and all resulted in "friendship lessons".

In a fighting game the only lesson you learn is... Whoever hits the hardest wins.

Kinda like what they did with that certain doll, they had no problem with the fact that the user was making dolls... Just with the intended use for the doll.

It's either that or pimp-slapping your provider is perfectly acceptable for hasbro.

Even then, yeah, they have all the right to stop others from using their characters. It's actually surprising how permisive they are.
If they were like Viacom, nobody would be using ponies right now lol.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TeeJay

Shadowing27 wrote:

DISSCUS

...For real?!

Does Hasbro really need to ruin everything? I was very much looking forward to the game's release, and Hasbro got all our hopes up by letting it get so far into development...

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Discostew

TeeJay wrote:

Shadowing27 wrote:

DISSCUS

...For real?!

Does Hasbro really need to ruin everything? I was very much looking forward to the game's release, and Hasbro got all our hopes up by letting it get so far into development...

They had every right to do it. It is Hasbro's IP, and should Hasbro not take action against such a large project, Hasbro would have likely lost the IP completely, and because it is racking them money, they have no choice but to protect their stuff. It had gained too much attention. You know, had Warner Brothers had kept their King Kong IP in check back in the day rather than letting it fall into public territory as it did, Nintendo would not here today. I say that because Warner Brothers had attempted to sue Nintendo because Donkey Kong had the likeness of King Kong, and WB would have won the case if it was not for Nintendo lawyers catching the IP loss to the public. While this is positive news to Nintendo fans, I'm simply demonstrating just how much of an impact losing an IP can be. MLP really is Hasbro's bread and butter right now, and they will do what it takes to hold onto it.

Discostew

Electricmastro

IS HE RAINBOW DASH'S FATHER OR BROTHER?!

Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

iwanttodie

Untitled
Untitled

mods delete me
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

Lunapplebloom

@MasterGraveheart Ah, well that's good to know then. Thanks for the heads up.

And as for Fighting is Magic, I too was looking forward to seeing how the game would have turned out once complete. Shame that Hasbro closed them down on that though. I never even got to try it myself, actually. I guess a game has to be pretty small or not as popular to not be taken down by them now.

Spoilers
@Electricmastro I would say that that's Rainbow's father. There would be to much of an age difference otherwise in my opinion, but who can say.
Spoilers

@Shadowing27 lol

As for the new episode here it is.

All I can say for now is episodeception.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

TeeJay

Just saw the new episode.

SPOILERZ

Okay, I'm really, really glad Twilight stayed calm and collected the entire episode. Now I won't have to hear people complaining about her only being panicky and OCD since Lesson Zero anymore. I feel like they actually WANTED us to notice that she was actually making an effort to stay calm, just to shut everyone up about her. Untitled

END SPOILERZ

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Discostew

SPOILERS

@TeeJay - Actually, she did start to panic when the group found out they met up with the wrong pony, as shown by her rapid motion of trying to relax herself that Cadence showed her.

Discostew

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.