Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 11,661 to 11,680 of 14,348

Aqueous

SPOILERS! Also I'm not happy with the choice.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Discostew

If Twilicorn is just for the season finale, then I can understand, but if it is a permanent change, then I don't know what to think.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AlbertoC

I KNEW this topic was bound to touch this thread. That's why i flied here once i knew the news (All the way from another internet page all right! Excruciating!!! Kidding.) First of all, can you keep spoilers out? I think it's important to point out that not everybody wants to know in advance what happens in the end of the season. Said that, spoiler alert, proceed below at your own risk.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know how or why this happens and i'm aware of the consequences it might have on future seasons or the overall storyline. Simple fanart such as http://danmakuman.deviantart.com/art/Is-this-my-destiny-34917... has received a lot of negative criticism, fanart that's supposedly meant to please that very fanbase. So please bear in mind this is a complicated topic that should be handled with care. Can you refrain yourself from insulting or dividing our own "fanbase" with "political views"? (Pro-princess vs. not-a-princess, i mean, give me a break...) At the end they like a show you do too. Not to mention this situation is pure troll bait. Behave a little, guys... Pretty please?

Corporations take corporative decisions. I like this cartoon because how cute it looks and the lighthearted nature the characters have. With or without show, we have learned to cherish these little caramel-colored ponies for what they represent and have taught us, not for what they are branded, how much this all costed you (In my case i didn't pay a dime, i watched every episode on Youtube courtesy of EqD for i live in a country of the world Netflix and iTunes deem invalid, but i do have some figurines of my favorite ponies and "The Friendship Express", from which i imported two blind bags and said DVD due to the same aforementioned reason) or for how long it lasted. It's bound to be over someday, somehow. At the end, what did you got from this wild yet absurd ride of liking, viewing and following a cartoon not targeted for "grown-ups"? At least for me, being a stone-hearted adult, I actually dreamed and imagined like a child again, relived the joy of receiving new toys or opening them in christmas eve, or teleporting to a perfect world once a week.

Lastly, please try to avoid this situation:
Untitled

And know this is nothing more than my own opinion, not targeted at anyone and written on its entirety with respect.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

End of spoilers.

If you made it here, have some Fluttershy and unofficial Fluttershy's mom: Untitled
Source: http://willisninety-six.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d5...

Edited on by AlbertoC

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

Wildvine53

@GuardianKing Honestly I'm even more confused about Morpheus now, I guess I'll just have to read your fic.

Regarding the Spoilery Spoilers spoiler!

Honestly I feel like a majority of the fandom is overreacting to the news. I understand the concern over Hasbro taking control over the show, but we need to remember that they are a business, and they want to make more money. Sure you may not agree with that decision, but there are better ways of dealing with it than whining on the internet. You could always quit watching the show, but we both know that's not gonna happen. More importantly, are we forgetting what made the show great? DHX media and Hasbro Studios is still hard at work on the show. Hasbro may be guiding them in a certain direction, but I have faith in their ability to keep the show great. I feel like Twilight's change could be a bold new direction for the show, or nothing will change and we'll all laugh about this. Either way, only time will tell what direction Friendship is Magic is headed, and I can't wait to see where that is.

TL;DR Quit saying ponies is doomed, until we actually know it's doomed

Edited on by Wildvine53

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Lunapplebloom

Spoilers for a future episode.

Of all the different things I have seen in this fandom, this has to be the most deviding of them all. I for one don't know what to think of this. In one way as @Wildvine53 has stated, this could be a big and good turning point for the series as a whole. On the other hand, this could be the noose that hangs the show in the eyes of fans. Excuse my use of that phrase, but I just can't help but feel concerned by this turn of events. I just need some time to process this, and think it over. And we'll see if this is a permanent change for our favorite Unicorn, or just a temporary situation. Also, I will probably not stop watching the show even if this event is permanent. I'll try to keep my mind open as much as possible, but for now I'm finding it a bit hard to swallow.

@CaptainMorpheous I also can't figure out what is going on in that. It's a bit hard to follow.

@AlbertoC It's nice to see you post here again, and as always you always come prepared with an awesome pic. Also you should try to post here sometime when the fate of Equestria isn't hanging in the balance. (I know, silly pun.)

@Twilight_Crow Another interesting music piece. And thanks for posting more music. Also an interesting fanfic, I'll need to read that one as well.

@ToastyYogurt Thanks for more unusual art. I only just saw an alicorn Zecora just the other day. Weird how you put a pic up that has that in it. But yes, your right. I'll need to try and get this RP post out of the way as soon as possible so we can keep on going. I'll try to sort out a schedule so that all can be presnt so we can get it sorted... But I'll wait till tomorrow to start on that.

@MasterGraveheart It has, hasn't it? You bring up some interesting points. We haven't seen Cherilee for a bit, but I'm going to guess that it's all about the time again. Also, I would have preferred There to have been just one Spike episode (The latest being the keeper) and had a Rarity one. My hope is that they rectify that next season by giving her 2, and Spike none.

As for the latest episode, I rather liked it. It was comedic, but it also followed an old plot device that felt very predictable. But as I heard from somewhere before, it sometimes isn't about the end, but how you get there. This one felt like that to me. We also got some nice continuity moments, like the reason we never saw his pet pheonix at the very beginning. It was just a simple show and tell, but was effective in explaining what happene, though I couldn't help but feel that there was some missed opportunities there. Oh, and the usually emotionless Gummy smiled. Enough said.

And have a neat sneak peek video at a fan animation in the works.

Only thing wrong with it is that AJ isn't with them, but I guess she had special VIP treatment somehow.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Discostew

Dem Spoilers

I think we all need to calm down and think about this. Some of us may not like it. I for one don't mind Twilicorn so long as it makes a good impact on the show, but I hate the fact that it is being force by Hasbro at a time that just seems inconvenient. This season is just about over, and there is going to be an even longer wait for the next season, and we've got this thrown in our laps. Nevertheless, we'll just have to see what happens.

So, we all know this is a big change, but I ask. What shows before this one have made some major changes midway through their airing? I honestly can't think of any off the top of my head, but maybe you all know a few. And with those shows, did those changes make an overall positive impact? Negative?

Discostew

Lunapplebloom

Can't really say I have @Discostew, Though I may be sleep deprived. I'll give it some thought though.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Eel

SPOILERY CONTENT AHEAD

I'm hoping the twilicorn thing will be one of these "get godlike powers and lose your friends OR keep your friends and lose the powers"- kind of things.
It would go great with the theme of the show. You know, twilight gets powers and everything is great until she learns that she will never go back to ponyville if she decides to stay as a princess.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GuardianKing

@Wildvine53 and @Lunapplebloom I forgot to mention his adventures take place in the far future (and tie in with the later arc of Trinity of Time). Also, although he looks pony, he's actually from another planet (of ponies), hence why his home was lost in fire. That's a story for another time.

OBLIGATORY SPOILER BANNER

I feel like the only one not against this.

"Oh no! Character development! Run for your lives!"

No, you shouldn't be running. You shouldn't be narrowing your POVs either. What if Twilight had no choice? What if she had to accept because: a) She doesn't want to lose face before the princesses b) the princesses have outlived their time c) whatever else it may be.

To quote one of my characters: "Sometimes, life gives you a pile of crap. You might see it as crap, but to the next person, that pile of crap might be worth more than all the gold in the world. You can't just dump your crap on others. It's yours, so deal with it. If everybody dumped their crap on one another, the world would be a sh**hole."

I'm not against Twilight doing the cliche "but my friends" thing, but I would rather see her deal with the consequences. That would give more depth to the show than most than what most of the more "mature" TV Shows have out there.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

Im not sure what to think of Twili's new groove yet. I want to see the episode first.

@AlbertoC D'aawwww that is such great fan art!

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Eel

SPOIL-whatever you probably all know by now.

@Capt. Morph: Hoewever, you shouldn't forget that this is a show for little girls about a magical pony learning about friendship. If said magical pony "graduates", that means the show will either end for-evar or something twisty will happen or the show will become like a dull mary sue filled fanfic.

Of course, I'm not the person writing the script so I don't really know what will happen. That's part the fun I guess.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

@CaptainMorpheus

Sorry, but when I started reading what you said about life giving you a pile of crap, my mind jumped into Portal mode.

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" - Cave Johnson

Discostew

Aqueous

@Everypony - Could we please move on? I'll admit I'm right out against it and severally want it and hope it is lies. Still I want us to move, this is technically spoilers for a future episode (assuming it happens). I don't like spoilers and there are others that likely don't want this spoiled no matter the opinion of theirs on this would be.

@Lunapplebloom - Try the 48 second mark for Applejack

iwanttodie

AlbertoC wrote:

I KNEW this topic was bound to touch this thread. That's why i flied here once i knew the news (All the way from another internet page all right! Excruciating!!! Kidding.) First of all, can you keep spoilers out? I think it's important to point out that not everybody wants to know in advance what happens in the end of the season. Said that, spoiler alert, proceed below at your own risk.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know how or why this happens and i'm aware of the consequences it might have on future seasons or the overall storyline. Simple fanart such as http://danmakuman.deviantart.com/art/Is-this-my-destiny-34917... has received a lot of negative criticism, fanart that's supposedly meant to please that very fanbase. So please bear in mind this is a complicated topic that should be handled with care. Can you refrain yourself from insulting or dividing our own "fanbase" with "political views"? (Pro-princess vs. not-a-princess, i mean, give me a break...) At the end they like a show you do too. Not to mention this situation is pure troll bait. Behave a little, guys... Pretty please?

Corporations take corporative decisions. I like this cartoon because how cute it looks and the lighthearted nature the characters have. With or without show, we have learned to cherish these little caramel-colored ponies for what they represent and have taught us, not for what they are branded, how much this all costed you (In my case i didn't pay a dime, i watched every episode on Youtube courtesy of EqD for i live in a country of the world Netflix and iTunes deem invalid, but i do have some figurines of my favorite ponies and "The Friendship Express", from which i imported two blind bags and said DVD due to the same aforementioned reason) or for how long it lasted. It's bound to be over someday, somehow. At the end, what did you got from this wild yet absurd ride of liking, viewing and following a cartoon not targeted for "grown-ups"? At least for me, being a stone-hearted adult, I actually dreamed and imagined like a child again, relived the joy of receiving new toys or opening them in christmas eve, or teleporting to a perfect world once a week.

Lastly, please try to avoid this situation:
Untitled

And know this is nothing more than my own opinion, not targeted at anyone and written on its entirety with respect.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

End of spoilers.

If you made it here, have some Fluttershy and unofficial Fluttershy's mom: Untitled
Source: http://willisninety-six.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d5...

I fo und datoff insive.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

iwanttodie

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

@Wildvine53 and @Lunapplebloom I forgot to mention his adventures take place in the far future (and tie in with the later arc of Trinity of Time). Also, although he looks pony, he's actually from another planet (of ponies), hence why his home was lost in fire. That's a story for another time.

OBLIGATORY SPOILER BANNER

I feel like the only one not against this.

"Oh no! Character development! Run for your lives!"

No, you shouldn't be running. You shouldn't be narrowing your POVs either. What if Twilight had no choice? What if she had to accept because: a) She doesn't want to lose face before the princesses b) the princesses have outlived their time c) whatever else it may be.

To quote one of my characters: "Sometimes, life gives you a pile of crap. You might see it as crap, but to the next person, that pile of crap might be worth more than all the gold in the world. You can't just dump your crap on others. It's yours, so deal with it. If everybody dumped their crap on one another, the world would be a sh**hole."

I'm not against Twilight doing the cliche "but my friends" thing, but I would rather see her deal with the consequences. That would give more depth to the show than most than what most of the more "mature" TV Shows have out there.

None of us are against this

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

Discostew

I think the shock to our systems is finally settling down. It's like if you stub your toe, you can't help but express your pain right after the event, and it lasts for a bit until the pain starts to fade. At this moment, I just want to see how the changes get incorporated.

Discostew

Aqueous

@Shadowing27 - Nobody? (Coughs)

@CaptainMorpheus - None of what was quoted a) makes any sense as according to you we should go dump it everywhere, then we can all be rich. b) Your reasons for it are foolish and easily countered.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.