Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 11,641 to 11,660 of 14,348

Discostew

@CorporalOfChaos - People might be out and about today. I was busy and have yet to see the episode, so I can't discuss it.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Lunapplebloom

@CorporalOfChaos My apologies on that, I've been unable to access the internet all day till now. And because of that, I have yet to see it myself for now, though that will be amended pronto.

@CatainMorpheous Some of those comics were great.

@Twilight_Crow Finally got to listening to that music from last week, and I found it to be interesting. I like how in the beginning it's got a soft melody, then suddenly changes gears to something entirely different all of a sudden.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Discostew

Here is the episode

SPOILERS

It might just be me, but any episode that seems to focus on Spike has a tendency to......well.....be rather poor on the episode rating chart. This episode in particular has almost half of it copied from a previous episode, "Secret of My Excess", where Spike tried to get more stuff. That's a bad thing imo. Not just for the episode, but the show entirely if the writers are having a hard time coming up with new things. Spike was at least more like himself than he was in "Spike At Your Service", so if anything, that was a plus.

This episode did have some "squee" moment, like Sweetie Belle being so excited to go to the Crystal Empire, or Rainbow Dash giving a nose-rub to Tank, but other than that, the episode just wasn't all that appealing.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

iwanttodie

Discostew wrote:

Here is the episode

SPOILERS

It might just be me, but any episode that seems to focus on Spike has a tendency to......well.....be rather poor on the episode rating chart. This episode in particular has almost half of it copied from a previous episode, "Secret of My Excess", where Spike tried to get more stuff. That's a bad thing imo. Not just for the episode, but the show entirely if the writers are having a hard time coming up with new things. Spike was at least more like himself than he was in "Spike At Your Service", so if anything, that was a plus.

This episode did have some "squee" moment, like Sweetie Belle being so excited to go to the Crystal Empire, or Rainbow Dash giving a nose-rub to Tank, but other than that, the episode just wasn't all that appealing.

Spike is a Backround Pony. Rainballoon Dash Is better.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

Aqueous

Long post, sorry

@Twilight_Crow - Celestia I'll be honest, isn't a character I like in particular. I do have a respect for her character in the show however, she does have some kind of sanity in crazy pony land and can hold it together. This season though, she has been gambling. Episode 1 Season 1, I don't know if Nightmare Moon took her out off screen or if she never showed up and hid but there was a reason she wasn't present to help for the opening two episodes. Dragonshy I don't really see the Dragon as a huge threat, we know from Spike Dragons are intelligent and therefore it should only take a bit of talk to get one to leave, so I can see the Princess leaving them handle it. Parasprites, honestly I have no idea. I mean only Pinkie Pie knew of them for some reason. So I'm guessing they aren't exactly common, still the fact she doesn't know means little to me. With the opening to the second season she only knew Discord to be weak to the elements so she left the girls handle him and acted as moral support from the background, undoing the negative effects on Twilight. Then we have th two part season 2 closer, she actually fights chrysalis, fails mind you but tries. It is a threat and she tries to handle it.

That is the past two seasons, if it is dangerous she tries to handle it, if it isn't too dangerous or she can't. She let's the girls handle it. However this season it is like a whole other character. Equstria depends on a certain outcome. She sends them in, no Alicorn help and this decides the faith of every single pony. The empire has been back for sometime, yet she and her sister have not gone. She didn't send Twilight and friends in sooner? She has never gambled before and then plays a nasty card. Telling Twilight it is a test to see if she'll pick the world or a test. Tearing her between two choices, ultimately making the right one but still. You couldn't help and you could not tell your student's character enough that you had to test her? By threatening your kingdom and everypony you care for if she became too indecisive or you were wrong and she did fail as you judged her character wrongly, which your assuming the possibility based on this test to find out if your right or not. It just doesn't feel like the wise ruler that doesn't put her subjects in harms way if she can. Which she was doing before this episode to a certain extent, letting them handle things but trying not to put out anything too dangerous on them from what I could tell.

Last week's was like that again to me. Equstria is safe. Yet she decides lets break Discord out of stone. There just seemed like no reason to do so. The last one was going to happen. This one wasn't. Discord wasn't getting out of that rock anytime soon and there is no clear benefit to have him both freed and somewhat "good". I don't see the logic in freeing him and it conflicts with the earlier view. Sure the girls can handle it, turn back to stone if it can't be done but I see no valid way for it to have been done. I suppose I don't really care enough for her character to be altered slightly but I dislike this gambling one. Who knows though, maybe it leads to something that makes this gambling style make sense and then I'll get it but for now it just doesn't seem like her.
(Maybe I've read to many fan fics from you with her though and that's why my thinking of her has gone this way. lol)

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony.

@Lunapplebloom Glad you enjoyed it. I will post some more now and then.

@Aqueous Indeed, you do have read far too much fictional versions of her. Being one of my favorite characters, I tend to read and post too many fics with her, after all . Wise she is, but I've never seen her as the kind of ruler that doesn't put her subjects in danger in a gamble; but all the contrary, I think she likes to do JUST THAT.

New episode, time to write.

Spoilers for Just for Sidekicks

Not much to tell, but it was good. It made me wonder, this had lots more comedy than the last Spike episode, while keeping him in character sooo... why the hay did they do that horrible episode? Who knows.
They indeed repeat the formula, just instead of greed Spike's problem seemed to be gluttony this time. Ha that reminds me of this one awesome Fanfcition that tells how dragons go through phases according to the seven sins lol, are they doing that? I wouldn't mind if it were a recurring topic, hopefully is not that they just don't know what to do with Spike .
Spike apart, I loved the full arc with the pets. They were funny, and then the CMC, and the industrial size pet hair dryer (I laughed so much). So yeah, this was a funny ep that was silly without forgetting this series is character driven.
Only real problem where the times, precisely how much it takes to get to the Crystal Empire? How long were the mane six away? That confused me, but this is a forgivable "is a kids show" plot hole in my book.

End Spoilers

FoTW

And today the ==Fic of The Week== presents a one shot, so don't have to worry about chapters:
Can't Choose Your Family by CyborgSamurai
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-Life Complete Teen]
Imagine that the Royal Pony Sisters were part of the Norse Pantheon of Gods... they certainly would have an interesting family.
Short but very detailed, this little piece makes lots of sense at guessing how a relationship between Celestia and other gods would be like. It's very well written and the author knows his Norse mythology.

And Celestia is a Goddess, the heck she is:
Untitled

See ya next weekend .

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Wildvine53

@CaptainMorpheus Where did you find the doctor who cover variant? I wasn't planing on getting the comics, but I think I need to get one of those!

This basically sums up how I felt about the new episode
Untitled

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Eel

Hmh. When I visited Regretsy this day, I was meet with the sad news that the site would not be update again in forever. Because it stopped being fun and she onwner had a job agan.

Bit I also read that the site's owner's, April Winchell, new job is:

and I have a leading role in a new show by Lauren Faust (My Little Pony) and Craig McCracken (Powerpuff Girls, Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends) .

A new show by Lauren Faust and Craig McCracken?! What's that about?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CorporalPegasus

@wildvine You didn't like it then?

Honestly, the newest episode was Ok. It was filler, but decent filler at least, I loved seeing Tank return finally, and his moments with RD were cute. I enjoyed some of the gags like the giant hairblower. But eh, it was incredibly predictable from the moment the CMC needed a gem.

IGOR!

iwanttodie

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE MEN
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR MEN
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER MEN

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/01/discussion-something-ot...

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

ToastyYogurt

Wakes up and rubs the sleep out of his eyes. Huh? Did somebody call my name? Oh, yeah, @Discostew! That RP thing! I was waiting for the race to actually start before I made another post, and @Aqueous told me he was waiting for what was happening to Pinkie after she got zapped, and @Lunapplebloom told me that you, him, and @Twilight_Crow still need to get together in one spot in order to make sure the race comes out orderly. I'm guessing you guys have had a hard time getting it together.

@Broniesthatcameinaftermytwoweekhiatus: Welcome to the herd! And if you're interested in role playing ponies, let me know and I'll hook you up! We were in the middle of an RP scenario before you guys came in, but it got put on hold. But that does not mean you can't start a different story somewhere else in Equestria! Just let me know if you want to play and I'll fill you in on everything.

Morphtroid wrote:

Hmh. When I visited Regretsy this day, I was meet with the sad news that the site would not be update again in forever. Because it stopped being fun and she onwner had a job agan.

Bit I also read that the site's owner's, April Winchell, new job is:

and I have a leading role in a new show by Lauren Faust (My Little Pony) and Craig McCracken (Powerpuff Girls, Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends) .

A new show by Lauren Faust and Craig McCracken?! What's that about?

ANEWSHOWFROMCRAIGMCCRACKENANDLAURENFAUST?!?!?!?!
After seeing that I did a little research. Apparently it's a show called Wander Over Yonder and it's set to premier on Disney Channel sometime this year.

Wikipedia wrote:

Wander Over Yonder is an upcoming American animated television comedy series produced by Disney Television Animation for Disney Channel. The series follows Wander and his steed Sylvia traveling from planet to planet helping people have fun and live free, all against Lord Hater and his army of Watchdogs' evil reign. It is scheduled to premiere sometime in 2013.

Premise seems kinda silly, but I'll wait until I watch the show to judge it.
Speaking of which, here's a little preview from Comic Con:

After seeing that clip, my hype-o-meter broke from strenuous hype.

I usually don't have much to say about the episodes, so I'll just say this: episode 10 was good, episode 11 was bleh.

Toasty's Art Corner!

Last time I did this, I promised some art showing how Celestia's body type on other ponies and vice versa looks weird, right?
Untitled
~Noo guis: Click the image for source!~
Well not only do you get that, but you also get to see how a filly's body type on a full grown, normal sized pony and vice versa looks weird, and to top it off, a free Nightmare Zecora (which actually fits the originally intended theme now that I think about it...)! Wow, what a great deal! Just call the number on your screen to order TODAY!

Oh, wait....

I'm not Billy Mays.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Wildvine53

@CorporalOfChaos There were a few funny moments, but I've never really cared for Spike episodes, so I was biased going into it.

Have more Disney ponies!
Untitled

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

MasterGraveheart

So, it's been a while, huh? I thought the last episode was decent, but I think it did a lot of harm to Angel as a character. Now I'm certain he's a dip for being a dip's sake. So much for "Hurricane Fluttershy," huh?

Oh yeah, and today's spoilers about the finale and future merchandising. ...WELL THAT HAPPENED!

Anyway, I think it'll be fine. If they're doing something like that, they clearly have an idea on where to go.

But I'm just wondering two things. 1: Was it really necessary to give Spike TWO episodes and RARITY none? 2: Isn't it odd that Cheerilee hasn't had any lines this season? I think she had one background cameo total.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

GuardianKing

Have part 2 of that comic I made a while ago :3
Untitled

And before you complain: No, he's not an Alicorn or Alicorn-level OP. The fanfic (currently under production) explains later on how and why his home was destroyed.

And... Introducing, my first front-face view (eat it @TeeJay. Jk. Don't actually eat it. It's been sitting in the fridge too long.)
Untitled

Yeah... It's pretty terrible...

Also, have you heard the Twi-Alicorn news?!

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

iwanttodie

OUR THREAD SHALT BE DIVIDED INTO 2 THREADS:
TWILICORN SUPPORTERS (BRONIES WHO LIKE THE SHOW THE WAY IT IS)
AND
TWILICORN H8ERS (PEOPLE WHO WHINE IF THEY DON'T GET THEIR WAY)

mods delete me
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

iwanttodie

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Have part 2 of that comic I made a while ago :3
Untitled

And before you complain: No, he's not an Alicorn or Alicorn-level OP. The fanfic (currently under production) explains later on how and why his home was destroyed.

And... Introducing, my first front-face view (eat it @TeeJay. Jk. Don't actually eat it. It's been sitting in the fridge too long.)
Untitled

Yeah... It's pretty terrible...

Also, have you heard the Twi-Alicorn news?!

Your OC is cool, But it probably fits in with the "Overpowred OC's", like alicorns D:

I like him none the less

mods delete me
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

Nintengirl

Wait so it's now not okay to not like Twilight becoming an alicorn. Oh. I'm not whining but I didn't like that choice personally. But hey. IT'LL SELL TOYS

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1789-0282 Just tell me if you wanna swap codes. (Especially if you plan on getting AC: NL!)
NNID: Lady_Ghirahim You need to add me through your friend list, though.
Check out my Tumblr: http://the-unsolvable-riddle.tumblr.com/

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.