Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 11,581 to 11,600 of 14,348

Discostew

Just watched the episode, and I'd give it a 9 out of 10

SPOILERS

It would have been a 10 out of 10 had the ending not been rushed. Discord is as kooky and mischievous as before, and is seen throughout the episode. People might question he just wasn't evil enough, but I think they're wrong. Discord was, as shown by his isolated scene with Angel Bunny, but he did go about it the rest of the time secretly. His whole purpose was to slowly gain Fluttershy's trust to the point of her never using the one thing that could stop him, and he succeeded. What he didn't realize was just how important having a friend was, now that he actually had one. He got in too deep. I think if they had some time to extend the part between Fluttershy saying they were not friends to when he finally changed everything back (such as trying to cope being alone while wrecking havoc for a bit longer), it would have been a perfect episode.

And lastly.......does this mean Discord will return in a later episode or season? I hope so. I don't expect him to be completely chaotic unless warranted, at least not against the "good" guys. He'd most likely be a goofy trickster with a funny action and reaction to most things, in sort of the similar manner he did with Fluttershy's lamp (and as a shock to me, similar to the way I've tried to represent him in the RP). I'm sure if he's got a reason to be back, the writers will put him in nicely.

and remember......mumblingfriendshipismagicmumbling

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Electricmastro

I think it was right morally, but the ending was rather...underwhelming to me for some reason.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Twilight_Crow

Hello bronies. Here I am back to my usual weekly schedule, now I'm back in school.
Nice new episode this week, think I will talk about it tomorrow; had trying day, head is slow.

@Machamp_King @SheldonRandoms Welcome to our NL herd!

@I-hate-ponies That Celestia is so awesome! I)^3^(I

FoTW

Ok someting nice, sweet and simple on this ==Fic of The Week:==
Role Reversal by JJ GingerHooves
[On Fimfiction Slice-Of-Life Complete Everyone]
After missing yet another adventure, Spike feels rejected and ignored; in his anger he makes a wish upon a shooting star. Will he really like what he gets?
Without being a masterpiece, this story manage to capture some of the essence from the show, and delivers a sweet experience full of d'aww.
It took its time to be completed so you can notice some evolution on the writing, so it starts a bit bland but it definitely gets better.

Some music, just because there still too much to stop now.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

TeeJay

So I saw the new episode, and it rocked. Someone needs to make a wibbly wobbly Discord gif! You know, when he had just been freed. That cracked me up.

I'm sure we'll see more of Discord, as Celestia said she had use for his magic, though he had to use it of his own free will.

Also, I finished my collaboration with i-dream-of-twilight-sparkle's Genie Twilight for the Tumblr Winter Prom. It takes me much longer to do art than him, so I had less posts, naturally, but I tried my best. I suggested the conflict and he wrote the actual script.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Aqueous

I'm surprised. So much love for this one, yet all the characters felt off. Sorry I'm about to take a turn leaving a rant.

SPOILERS
Celestia just now decided to casts a spell on the elements to protect them from Discord. If such a spell existed, would it not be wise to use it before so no potential threat could effect them? I want you to turn Discord good. That is all she really mentioned and it drives me nuts. Why? Honestly, why? This is the spirit of chaos and disharmony and now you want to free him? Just to turn him good? Why now? Why not before? Was he good before? If so what changed him? It seems so pointless. If this was the way to the elements to the girls; I found it poorly done, even if it is to set up for a future episode. Also she just leaves. She just leaves. She doesn't sit around to explain the conditions to a freed Discord, she just irresponsibly leaves.
Twilight wasn't Twilight. Her books are destroyed/damaged and she got right up in Spike's face but Discord who harmed her friends barely got her to shout?! Given Discord didn't lie or burn an entire novel to a crisp but still, she felt underplayed. In fact maybe that's why I'm ticked at this one, the characters were underplayed not displaying their full emotions or character traits. Twilight is normally skeptical of things she distrusts, she is even skeptical enough to yell at Celestia and then, she just doesn't go with it. The books have pages eaten which is complete proof that Discord isn't changing and despite that she can't speak down to Fluttershy or convince her otherwise, despite her house being rotating above the ground and the pages being missing. This also annoys me as if their is a spell to do this, why has Celestia never used it before? Hmmm, think about it, if all you need is to cast one spell and poof your enemies are friends why doesn't she use it or used it a lot. Rather then these few thousand year lasting prisons that keep breaking.
Fluttershy got to me as well. She never tried suggesting that Discord try something different and that was her best method for winning his trust? Let him walk all over her like a bully? No, that isn't Fluttershy. Sure is naive and can be fooled but seriously? She never gave this much wee-way to any other possible"friends". Did she learn nothing from that episode where she became a bully herself? She even changes readily when Discord is in her home, at the start she distrusts him and she doesn't watch what he does carefully afterwards, seriously?
Lastly Discord (The other's maybe excluding Spike felt off, though Spike wasn't at his normal partial sarcasm level). Oh, this one got me. First his defeat, honestly. That beats him, that!? If so again, why didn't Celestia do something like that before? But aside from Celestia we have Discord. He makes a snap why his tail and nopony else noticed that and why did he say "opps" (might have been something similar, I'm just frustrated). He didn't need to break the 4th wall, though that makes my 4th wall breaker count up to 4. Like we needed to be fooled or could be. Angel's lack of doing anything when he gave his plan to Angel got me as well. Also Discord isn't above cheating aka, why doesn't he, I don't know use his powers and change Fluttershy directly. Sure it means we have Equstria in chaos again but it pokes holes at Celestia and means Discord can get away completely free of elements being used on him. Also why did he just underplay his powers? He could simply deal with Fluttershy when alone, not bother with his potentially back firing plan of Fluttershy holding a promise and mess with her mind, then go all out? Sure it failed last time, but he could take and hold on to the element this time and oh, elements out of his way.
SPOILERS END

Ugh, I'm surprised at you guys as well. You bashed the last one for its flaws but this one goes clean? I'm not upset, just shocked and confused. Where all the characters are off center, excluding background ponies that stayed in the background as normal. Hate to say it but maybe this should end at 65, lately they've been losing their touch, writing characters poorly, like Spike being suddenly clumsy for an episode only, to plots that clearly needed more then 20 minutes and come out poorly and rushed.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

@Aqueous I respect your opinion, but Celestia has done questionable things like that before, like in DragonShy (She could easily just use her magic to get rid of the dragon, but instead just organises an expedition), Swarm Of The Century, (She lived for more than 1000 years, never saw a parasprite, yet Zecora knows exactly what they are?) A Bird In The Hoof. (Why does she suddenly forget her pet, that she just talked about minutes ago, and is right next to her?). Its weird, but it's nothing new. It is where the whole Trollestia thing comes from.

I kinda agree that they should stop for a while. This season is 50% shorter than Season 2 and took longer to produce, yet is... well, it has like 3 or 4 good episodes, but the rest is forgettable.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Aqueous

@CorporealOfChaos - I left it out but the fact at the end of the day she doesn't trust him still well wise makes me wonder why she even bothered. I found it more the scope of what she was doing. This is a being she seems to be unable to deal with, unless armed with her sister and the elements. If he is in stone and stuck on unless disharmony gets by him, then why not just put him somewhere, so nothing can disturb him? Sadly I get the whole Trollestia and I'm beginning to think she is Equstria's biggest threat. As @Twilight_Crow had it right when she began rping Celestia as wanting to go to Los Pegasus and play with cards, she is gambling her kingdom and citizens for little logical gain. I don't understand it and it isn't like they needed Discord's help, or if they do, it is certainly not to later.

@CaptainMorpheus - I never said for it to die. I said end. An end can also be a beginning. They need to regroup or something along those lines. As what they are trying isn't exactly working as of late.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Electricmastro

I'm just gonna go on with my business as usual. [youtube:8yGKATXyLBs]

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Eel

As a casual fan who doesn't care about the many things other fans care about a lot, I really liked the episode, it' feel like they coul've been better making it a two-parter, though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

StarBoy91

Welcome back, Sylver! Long time no see

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.