Lunapplebloom

11,481. Posted:

Night, RetroBrony. :)

Untitled

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Discostew

11,482. Posted:

@Applejacklove

I have an acquaintance who would just love that picture. Roseluck is his favorite pony.

Speaking of Roseluck, here is one I did over a year ago during my interest in drawing ponies (was for a contest for this same acquaintance, which I lost).

Untitled

Edited on by Discostew

"What fun is there in making sense?"
Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

Pokemon 3DS Friend Safari - Ice - Spheal, Sneasel, Lapras

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

11,483. Posted:

I don't know if this is new, but the ipad mlp gameloft game gives dr. Whooves an official name... I don't really remember what it was, but it had something to do with time.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Discostew

11,484. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

I don't know if this is new, but the ipad mlp gameloft game gives dr. Whooves an official name... I don't really remember what it was, but it had something to do with time.

Time Turner
Untitled

"Time Turner keeps Ponyville's clocks in sync, sets the hourglass for cider competitions, and takes care of all things timey-wimey"

edit

Actually, I thought they gave him the actual name of Dr. Hooves, unless they changed it at the last second. His name is shown in this Hands-on video at time index 1:44

Edited on by Discostew

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

11,485. Posted:

That's it!

I saw it when my brother was playing the game.

Cue the raging fanbronies because they changed their official name for that character.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Discostew

11,486. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

That's it!

I saw it when my brother was playing the game.

Cue the raging fanbronies because they changed their official name for that character.

At least they're still acknowledging the relation. One reason why I bolded "timey-wimey" in my prior post because that is a total Dr. Who phrase.

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

11,487. Posted:

@Morphtroid As a fan of Doctor who, I feel seriously offended by your view of that specific fragment of the Brony fandom. Honestly, his name was changed many months ago, and we honestly didn't expect Hasbro literally naming this character "Doctor (W)Hooves." We know there are copyright issues in place, and weren't expecting any big surprises or anything.

That said, I do like to think that Time Turner is just an alias, sort of like how the Doctor calls himself John Smith.

Speaking of Doctor Whooves, he's next on my list of vectors.

Afterwards, I'm going to draw Zoe (you know, "Twilight Barkle") from the new LPS series. Although I would never dare expect it to become the next MLP, after only 2 episodes (with a new one each saturday), there seem to be a reasonable amount of fans. That said, the reason why I think it can't gain as much traction as MLP is because it is grounded in a semi-realistic interpretation of our world: on Earth, in a busy city. Sure, this show can have its own creativity, but any and all things it can do will pale in comparison to what MLP could do. You see, ponies are the ideal "template characters," much like Sonic-style characters: it is easy to invent your own, and anyone can do it. Such a thing is much harder to do with LPS, if not impossible.

Now, just for the sake of it, I'm going to put up the first two episodes of Littlest Pet Shop here, before even thinking of creating a separate thread. It is far too early to judge what the outcome may be, but so far, there is already an EQD like website dedicated to LPS called The Pet Shop Insider, with reasonable amounts of content at fairly decent quality. I'm not saying we should become "Petters," as they call themselves, I'm only saying we should give it a chance.

I don't want much, just some reactions from you guys. I want to know for my own personal purposes that this show has a chance, even if minuscule compared to MLP.

Now, I've already written too much. Here's without further ado, the first 2 episodes of Littlest Pet Shop (2012)

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

If you're running short on time, skip to Episode 2 directly.

By the way, it is worth mentioning that Episode 1 is FREE on iTunes. I would love for more companies to do that (not ever expecting that with MLP though) just to give their viewers a sample at first, and then later on, when more episodes have aired, make episode 1 paid again.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

11,488. Posted:

@Discostew That indeed! Just a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-winey... Stuff...

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

11,489. Posted:

Nsfw:

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

11,490. Posted:

littlest pet shop doesnt look as good as mlp:fim, due to lack of Lauren Fast, but if it continues to improve, it could be interesting.

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

Discostew

11,491. Posted:

Well, I've had the urge to try out the mobile MLP game, but because I don't have a supported mobile device, I attempted to try the Windows version of Bluestacks (which is basically an Android app player). I was able to install the game, but when it reached about 75% loading, the program crashed. Rather unfortunate. I couldn't get AndroVM to work either with Virtualbox on my Windows 8 PC (which might be the reason all along since it is new).

AuthorMessage

Tare

11,492. Posted:

Oh yeah, by the way, here's the new episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vURYOPuVFfQ&feature=youtu.be

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

11,493. Posted:

I just joined the MLP train big time.

You know how I only liked the show for the charm, right? Not because of the characters as there wasn't one that caught me as fantastic.

Until now...

That gryphon Gilda is SO cute and cool looking! I like her personality and can relate a lot to it!:D Anyone know if they make any merchandise with her? (Hopefully it isn't in a pink box or else my dad may get enraged at me for wanting it)

And at school the situation seems to have subsided... Though I ended up yelling at a girl in my class who taped stickers of rainbow dash all over her note books to the point of insanity, I've had no problems.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

11,494. Posted:

Who's watching episode 3 right now? :) I know I am!

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

11,495. Posted:

Okay, I'm not a brony in the slightest (although I did watch all the episodes just to see what the fuss was about and I thought it was okay, not great, just okay), but I just wanted to ask a question of you guys. Do any of you actually own or have owned ponies/horses? Because when I was little my family had two. Ah those were good times...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Tare

11,496. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Okay, I'm not a brony in the slightest (although I did watch all the episodes just to see what the fuss was about and I thought it was okay, not great, just okay), but I just wanted to ask a question of you guys. Do any of you actually own or have owned ponies/horses? Because when I was little my family had two. Ah those were good times...

I do.
Not ponies though. Ours are a few hands larger than ponies.
Mostly used for eventing and showjumping.

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

11,497. Posted:

I don't own any horses, but I have horseback ridden before, and I think they're fun animals :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Lunapplebloom

11,498. Posted:

@WingedFish Never had horses, but I've ridden them a couple of times with some people we visited. They are pretty great animals.
Also it is a written rule that if you've seen all the episodes, then you are at least a fan of the show. (Not really, just made that one up.)

@Tare Thank you for finding that clip. If I waited for the actual Equestria Daily, it would have taken longer. :)

@RetroBrony91 I know I was, and it was Awesome! Alot of great lol moments.

@TheDreamingHawk Well I can't say that Gilda is one of my personal favorites, but she does have a neat character design. And yes, there is a toy of her likeness that you can get from most major retailers. Here is the package.
Untitled
And a close up pic of the Griffon in question.
Untitled

@Discostew That pic you made is great. :) And Roseluck is a favored one of mine, but not as favored as Applebloom or Applejack of course. You have some good talent there.

Today's episode was all kinds of awesome. I won't divulge in any kind of spoilers though, and just leave it at that. Go see it if you haven't now! :P

EDIT: Just an announcement that there is going to be some Pony Kart 7 races today. I'll be initiating it in the NL Brony community. The code for the community is 39-3204-2666-4265. Me and @TwilightPoint will be racing. Hope to see whoever is interested in doing this soon. :)

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night! I am the gleam of the moon that blinds you while you drive! I - am Gamer Luna!"
Applebloom is best CMC!

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

11,499. Posted:

Just watch Too Many Pinkie Pies, I liked parts of it, but I didn't like it as a whole for some reason.

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Discostew

11,500. Posted:

Watched the episode as well. Top tier imo.