Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 11,381 to 11,400 of 14,348

Eel

Background pony without lines #4 (in the background at wherever Luna and Discord are) panics at the sight of Discord (and bald Luna), bumping into some decorative flower jars, breaking them and making the water inside them pool at Luna's hooves... Forming a reflective surface and knocking himself unconscious in the process.

Am I doin it rite?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ToastyYogurt

Morphtroid wrote:

Background pony without lines #4 (in the background at wherever Luna and Discord are) panics at the sight of Discord (and bald Luna), bumping into some decorative flower jars, breaking them and making the water inside them pool at Luna's hooves... Forming a reflective surface and knocking himself unconscious in the process.

Am I doin it rite?

Untitled

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Discostew

Had my post ready to respond to Lunapplebloom's post, but saw you posted Morphtoid, so I had to do some editing to fit in yours.

Discord looks at the random pony's mess, and comes up with an idea ”Need a mirror? I've got one right here.” With a twirl and a clap of his hands, Discord's magic swirls the water into the air into a thin layer, and conjures up a frame from the broken flower pots around the now levitating sheet of water, forming a mirror in front of Luna. Discord swoops in behind Luna, and picks her up by her mid-section to give her a better look in the mirror. “Ain't that the cutest thing you've ever seen?”, he said as his mouth quivered with a smile, trying to hold back the need to laugh. As Luna looked into the mirror, she notices her mane is gone, but that's not all she sees. Her face was stretched sideways to look pudgy, and her backside appeared larger from the distortion of the mirror. Discord couldn't hold back his laughter anymore, and he chuckled at Luna's reflection through the deceptive mirror. “Bwahahaha! Some pony has had one too many moon pies.”

@ToastyYogurt
When I conjured up the baldy remark, I honestly was thinking of that picture. Thanks for posting it.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

ToastyYogurt

ToastyYogurt wrote:

Morphtroid wrote:

Am I doin it rite?

Untitled

Waitaminute! Weren't Celestia/Luna/Discord on a balcony above all the other subjects?

@Discostew: No prob! Untitled

EDIT:
@Shadowing27: Oh, and I forgot to add, if you want a clean start I'll be more than happy to give you one (that is, reset Chrysalis, since nothing really happened to her yet. This should only be done in certain conditions, so nopony else reset their characters. And you can only do this once, and only now before you make another RP move, Shadowing). This can give you some time to watch us if you want, and then come back in, but if you want to reset and come back immediately that's okay too. If you don't want to start over, that's fine. I've given you an opening in my earlier post (I addressed you as "Mr. Cake" because that's who Pinkie thinks you would be if she was consious) in case you want to continue, but if you want to take me up on my offer, I'll edit that bit out.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

Eel

@toasty: Huh eh uh... Background pony without lines #4 was a royal guard/random out of place character that time. I think.
There are also multiple copies of him in the background below the balcony. To fill the scene. Some with graphical errors.
If that fails, Discord did it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Discostew

@ToastyYogurt

I kinda assumed that Celestia was on the edge of the balcony, and when Luna jumped down from the watch tower, she knocked Celestia off from it, and they both dropped to the ground.

Discostew

Lunapplebloom

@ToastyYogurt I second the motion by @Discostew

She looked in the mirror to see the horror of a reflection "AAAHHH!" She screams. But then looking at herself to check and noticing only her mane was missing, her face turns from shock to not amused. "Not funny, Discord..." She then magically grasps the mirror, knocking it on Discords head, and makes the water forming the reflection splash all over him, all the while wriggling out of his grasp and dropping to the ground. She then remembers her sister and wonders where she is. Maybe together they could figure out a plan of some sort. "I'll need to find her, but first things first." She thought turning to the now wet headed draconequus. "As one of the Princesses of Equestria,..." She takes in a deep breath of air, "THOU SHALT GIVE THY MANE BACK OR SUFFER THINE WRATH!" She yelled in disgust in her Royal Canterlot Voice.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Gummioguava

I'mma gonna join the RP. :3 hugs everyone

Gummi climbs down the stairs in search of his ecstatic pony slav-- er.. um.. owner, and finds her passed out behind the counter. He's not surprised at the mess she's made. it happens every once in a while. Waddling towards the pink body he steps on some of the tart filling. He licks it off, and for the first time in a while, he grinned wide. Gummi loved the flavor. He climbed over all the utensils, ingredients and such that were scattered on the floor to get to Pinkie. Seeing her tart covered face, and the fact that she had eaten all of the tarts, he then proceeds to lick the gooey crumbs from her face and hooves.

Previously I-hate-ponies
gummigator.deviantart.com
gummioguava.tumblr.com

TeeJay

Spike nearly fell on his face in his hurry to get downstairs. I'm really sorry, Twilight! I'll do whatever you want, I swear! ....Twilight?

Looking around the library, Spike couldn't see or hear the purple unicorn anywhere. The library was also immaculate. Spike felt a pang of guilt as he realized that Twilight must have cleaned last night's mess herself earlier this morning...while he was sleeping. A quick inspection of her work desk revealed no list of tasks left behind. Twilight was either mad at him for oversleeping or she just didn't have anything for him to do today. He very much hoped for the latter.

Well...no point staying here. Guess I'll go see what everypony's up to.

With that, Spike opened the library door and stepped out into Ponyville.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Aqueous

"Princess, put the sun down I'm trying to sleep." Twilight began muttering in her sleep as the light from Discord's high noon shone across her face. Slowly waking her up.

"Princess if this another attempt by you, to wake me up in the middle of the night to have me go hunt down Luna because she hid the cake on you again. You can forget it. Now let me sleep." Twilight rolls over, defying the sun and its desire to have her wake up, after only just cleaning up the mess of spilled ink and paper. After spending a good hour pacing, wondering what to do about the lost friendship report. Deciding finally just to write it over again in the morning.

Twilight eventually gives into her light bulb of an opponent in the sky and gets out of bed, mane frizzed from the tossing she was doing trying to avoid the sun. "Alright Princess what is it? . . . Princess? Hello . . . Spike are you here?" Having only silence greet her. Twilight leaves the tree in a huff with a red delicious, deciding it would be one of those kinds of days.

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

@Discostew, @Lunapplebloom: Alright, that makes sense.
@I_hate_ponies: Good to have you back!

Pinkie came back into consciousness, but remained sleeping on the floor, giggling as Gummy licked her face. When Gummi got to one of her back hooves, Pinkie kicked it back in reflex, sending Gummy tumbling a foot or so across the floor.

I'm pretty okay.

LzWinky

Bidoof uses surf...wait, wrong thread...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Discostew

The force of Luna's voice blew through Discord's soaked body, drying out his fur, and leaving him completely fluffed like a big puff ball. With a winced look of pain on his face, he popped his ears from off his head, and began using his finger to clean out the insides of them. “I'm a trifle deaf in these ears. Speak a little louder next time.” The continued glare on Luna's face made Discord sulk. He rolled his eyes in discontent. “Fine...” He twisted his ears back on, and sleeked his fur down, attempting to look elegant. “Have it your way.” Discord proceeded to snap his fingers, and Luna's mane reappeared on top of her head. The sun, however, did not set to allow the night sky to come back. Discord looked up in frustration, and continued snapping his fingers in a panic. “Why isn't this working?!”

Discostew

Wildvine53

I've been having fun the the MLP game, but I'm bummed to learn Rarity costs 70 gems. I'll probably stop playing the game before I can unlock her. At least I got applejack.

Over at Sweet Apple acres, the sudden sun rise woke Winona from her slumber. Eager to stretch her legs, Winona started to bark as she hopped into Applejack's bed. Alright girl, I hear ya. Applejack let out a yawn as she made her way to the back door. Run along now. Ugh, that barn raisin' must've taken more out of me than I thought. Next time Big Mac can run the reunion. After enjoying a nice cup of cider, Applejack headed out the door, eager to start the days work.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Twilight_Crow

Happy weekend everypony!
Just watched the new episode and I'll post my thoughts now, since I akready made up my mind about it.

Spoiler fot Spike at your service!

Well, there was another boring episode, what a bummer . This is definetely a good example of how you DON'T use cliche. Absolutely predictable in levels beyond comprehension, the real problem of this episode is how it forced itself into the "saved my life, I'm gonna serve you forever" formula. I've seen this used far too many times, and I've seen so many good itterations of it, but this was just terrible. Spike is not like that, he is a good helper, he helps clean the library just fine, he knows how to make cookies, he knows how to put order on stuff. Ok, I belive you he can't bake a pie (I couldn't bake a pie for my life) but cleaning a kitchen, please. He had never been shown so utterly clumsy, Spike is not that clumsy; otherwise Twilight's library would have been destroyed long ago, and the fact that they went that route is a desservice to Spike's character for the sake of the plot.. With so many chores he could have failed at convinsingly -they pointed to some actually, cuttin wood, plowing the land- those things could have made some funny visuals. But no, they made him fail to clean a kitchen, twice (maybe three times if you count Rarity's) that was just terrible. They could have gone for the stalky option too if they didn't want for him to do something "dangerous", making him want to help AJ wash herself, or brush her teeth, those are good, funny reasons to want him away. Such a lack of imagination in this, it's just sad. New less favortie episode right here, shame, the mane six bits were nice, specially Pinkie Pie and bookish Twi, and Timberwolfs are cool.

End Spoiler.

"Ehem..." Says a still a bit dizzy Princess Celestia while standing up. She had finally awaken, after had been knocked out by a wall. She presses a hoof to her temple, staring daggers at Discord. "Oh no mister, that there is MY sun," Celestia gets face to face with Discord and pokes him on the chest. "and you are not allowed to move it, actually don't even stare at it. Last time you played with it, the poor thing took weeks to recover its proper orbit. And your lingering magic feels like taffy, I think it even tastes like taffy. I hate taffy, it sticks on your teeth. So, I put new magic wards on it, it won't be that easy for you take it's control away from me now. " The Princess casually turns to look at a clock in one of the towers. "YOU MADE ME LOSE MY TRAIN!"

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Gummioguava

@ToastyYogurt Thanks! No RP can be complete without Gummi :3

Gummi frowned at the cotton candy coloured pony who kicked him, not that you could see it on his usually emotionless face. He had done her a service, and she kicked him.. That's the kind of thanks he gets for cleaning the gooey mess off of her!? After he was done getting his revenge mentally, he shrugged it off. He made his way over to the counter where there were still a couple cupcakes, and ate his breakfast.

Previously I-hate-ponies
gummigator.deviantart.com
gummioguava.tumblr.com

Wildvine53

I didn't realize there was a new episode today, here's a link for those who missed it.

An Ed Edd n Eddy brony scam, this might just be the best possible thing ever!
Untitled

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Discostew

SPOILER

I agree with @Twilight_Crow. This particular episode has too many problems and inconsistencies with it. Maybe through the eyes of the target demographic it wasn't so bad, but honestly, one of the things Spike is known for doing right is done completely wrong in this episode, multiple times. When using a running gag, you start with a funny scenario, and continue using it. Spike did not start as a clumsy, "I can't clean worth a darn" dragon, so it isn't a running gag to begin with, but they tried to force that in this episode as if he was always like this. It just seemed like the studio has a quota of at least 1 Spike episode per season, so they threw something together in hopes it would work. I don't "hate" the episode though, as I don't hate all the other lower-than-average episodes. It did have its small moments (Pinkie Pie screaming with a smile on her face), but those moments just don't make up for the poor script/scenario presented.

btw, I'm noticing a lot of Applejack this season. Are they making up for the lack of her in the prior seasons?

Discostew

MasterGraveheart

***SPOILER ALERT***

It looks like a lot of the problems with this episode have been touched on. It has easily overthrown One Bad Apple as the weakest episode of the season. I won't call it the worst of the series, that still belongs to either Fall Weather Friends or Owl's Well That Ends Well. However, there were a lot of problems that need mentioning.

1. Wasted Potential. Instead of portraying Spike as incompetent, they should have shown him going overboard and causing chaos that way, kind of like what AJ did last episode. Yes, it would have been a bit repetitive, but it would have been a theme on different levels and they could have kept that level. Speaking of how Spike acted...

2. Inconsistencies with Spike. He's Twilight Sparkle's #1 assistant. Twilight Sparkle, who prides herself on neatness and organization. And Spike was THIS bad at not messing things up? I get that there were new surroundings, but come on. This just made him look bad, I think. If you want to say that he was intentionally trying too hard to pay back AJ, I guess that's okay, but still, it just made him look like you wouldn't trust him with taking a feather duster to a titanium block.

3. Inconsistencies with Applejack. This was a plot-constructive issue, and not the first time it's happened to AJ (losing the hoof-wrestling match to Rainbow Dash in Fall Weather Friends when she can be said to have beaten her in the one they had in Ticket Master). What's been consistent or AJ all-series long, however, is her hind leg strength. She's stopped fully-loaded carriages with them, but she can't shake her leg free of small rocks with just one? Or, at the very least, buck the excess with her free one? Yeah, I don't buy it one bit.

4. Inconsistencies with the art. While manes have been flipped before, they've always been consistent. However, Rarity and Fluttershy both had an instance where their manes were messed up and put up incorrectly. Minor, but noticable.

5. It made Twilight look uncaring. When Spike was telling Twilight the situation, she was of course buried in her book. This has happened with her before, but when the important thing comes up, even she'll snap out of it. Just look at Dragonshy if you don't believe me. This just seemed sad, especially for a pair who were supposed to be so close. It makes me feel a bit sadder having just seen how close they are in The Crystal Empire Part 2.

6. It just wasn't a strong episode as a whole. Again, it isn't the worst of the series, but it is the weakest of the season.

There WERE, however, some strong points I think need to remembered.

1. Applejack epicness. She took down three Timberwolves. Sure, she had to be saved from the super Timberwolf, but that was plot-constructive so I can give a /little/ forgiveness. Who's to say she couldn't have taken that one down anyway? AJ seems to have an issue of being nerfed compared to the others, so showing her to have that epic hero side to her was good to see.

2. Beautiful animation. When there weren't the visual errors, it had some BEAUTIFUL visuals, especially out of the Timberwolves and the AJ fight scene.

3. It painted Applejack in a good light as somepony who does things because it's the right thing to do, not out of selfish greed, but also as someone who takes others' feelings into consideration. I've said that AJ had the most personal growth from the beginning of the series and was the "big sister" of the group. I think that's unquestioned right now.

4. There were a couple good gags to be had.

And that's that!

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Discostew

SPOLIER continued

MasterGraveheart wrote:

3. Inconsistencies with Applejack. This was a plot-constructive issue, and not the first time it's happened to AJ (losing the hoof-wrestling match to Rainbow Dash in Fall Weather Friends when she can be said to have beaten her in the one they had in Ticket Master). What's been consistent or AJ all-series long, however, is her hind leg strength. She's stopped fully-loaded carriages with them, but she can't shake her leg free of small rocks with just one? Or, at the very least, buck the excess with her free one? Yeah, I don't buy it one bit.

I don't know about this one. With AJ, her bucking is based on throwing force through her hind legs, but she doesn't have that when she's trapped because she can't go through the motion of putting force behind it. Not to mention if she tried, she could have possibly injured herself more since she didn't have a good position to buck the rocks other than down, which would have probably crushed her trapped leg.

Discostew

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.