Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 11,281 to 11,300 of 14,348

Discostew

Applejacklove wrote:

Oh yes stick figure person who obviously isn't Queen Chrysalis. Granny Smith was good, but was totally outdone by Applejack for some reason. I wonder why...

@BlueAce127 I forgot to mention that @Discostew, @Twilight_Crow, and @Aqueous may be racing as well, but I don't have their codes quite yet. I'll let you know if any of them can, or they can themselves. Whichever comes first.

I sent you mine via PM at the other forums. Gonna get a few things done between now and about 2:30pm PST. I'll even have to wait on the new episode.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Lunapplebloom

@Blue Ace127 Ok then. This makes it easier for me then. Thanks for letting me know. We may start a bit earlier, but we should be around long enough for you to get in. And racing for Sunday would be good as well.

@Eveypony I don't have any air tight time down quite yet for this. I'm still waiting on one last person to confirm a time table though I have a rough estimate. @Aqueous would be 11 pm
Eastern time would be 10 pm
Central time would be 9 pm
Mountain time would be 8 pm
Pacific time would be 7 pm
Again, this only just a rough estimate. it could be a little earlier, or a bit later than what I just said depending on what I find out. See everypony on the race track then hopefully. And if you would like to participate, please post your friend code here so we can get that part out of the way as soon as possible. I'll compile all the friend codes later to make it easier to add people if somepony is late to the races.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

MasterGraveheart

**SPOILER ALERT**

The episode was very, very, VERY good. I might be bias as an Applejack, but it's a contender for one of the best of the season. Of course there's the song...

And then... this!

Untitled

Untitled

Hence my absence.

Oh yeah, I'm a zombie now, by the way. Um, run.

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Discostew

SPOILERS

I liked the episode. The song was good (I enjoy a good country song), but still not the best (I don't think Smile! can honestly be topped). At times though, it almost felt like a Granny Smith episode more than an Applejack. The baby Applejack was just adorable, and if somepony were to make a plush out of her, I'd pick it up instantly. It broke my heart when Applejack began to cry.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

TeeJay

@Mastergraveheart

It is definitely because of your bias for Applejack. Nothing really stood out in the episode other than baby Applejack, and while the song was good (which is saying a lot because I hate country music with a passion), the whole YEEHAW SWING YER PARDNER vibe was too predictable.

I nice heartfelt country ballad would have pleasantly surprised me.

Not to mention Braeburn didn't have a single line the entire episode.

EDIT: Oh and one other thing that stood out in the episode to me was that apparently the Apples have their own Octavia. That was cool. n_n

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Aqueous

@BlueAce127 - 0347-8027-7774, sorry I took a while to get a new code. So 5pm PST tomorrow? 6pm MST, 7pm CST, 8pm ESt, 9pm AST
Also it is likely me being useless, but I can't find your code.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Lunapplebloom

@DiscordedTeeJay I noticed that too. Country Octavia was awesome to see.

@BlueAce127 I'm sorry to say that I can't make it today. Some things came up and I just can't make it. Hopefully I'll be able to make it tomorrow, but we'll see.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Aqueous

@BlueAce127 - I can go to 2am no trouble, we are about, kind of waiting for you. I'm at 12am

Edited on by Aqueous

Aqueous

@BlueAce127 - okay, I'm just collecting a couple codes

Twilight_Crow

Hi everypony! Hope you all are having a nice weekend!
I had a very social week, even went to a brony meet up. Pictures will be posted on Luna's tumblr later tonight Edit: tomorrow because my internet is being a bi***.

I'm joining you @Aqueous.

Spoilers for Apple Family Reunion.

First of all I must say that this was not a bad episode, the writing was fine, and it wasn't the most predictable story so far (though it was very predictable). BUT it was indeed the most boring episode of FiM I've seen, actually I finally can say I have a least favorite episode, this one.
Again it was not terrible, it had some good parts, foal AJ was cute, the BG ponies were varied and nice, the song was ok (generic for my taste though); but the only thing that made me smile were the fruit bats.
I have to say that as a city girl with a really small familly, I couldn't relate at all, so that may have affected; but in general the episode was bland, and overall simply boring
Sorry, AJ you still didn't get THE episode.

End Spoilers.

FoTW

Ok, today is the last saturday before Christmas so, tonight we need... a themed ==Fic of The Week==
Untitled

And here we go some heart warming stories for the Hollidays:
The Candy Cane-Coated Conundrum by Quisky
[On Fimfiction Comedy Complete Everyone]
Hearth's Warming Eve new traditions are a big surprise for Princess Luna, specially the ones related to a certain Reindeer on Red robes.
Funny, and with a good Santa counterpart in Equestria. Has Luna's Hearth's Warming shanenigans, what more do you want?

Our Gifts by The Descendant
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-life Complete Everyone]
Staring Twilight and Spike, this one gives you those fuzzy feels. The Decendant is a great writer, just go read it.

More Holiday stuff:

@CorporalPegasus That video about 2012 was awesome. Sorry to hear about Mr. Poniator, but he's not really gone, he just got tired of making videos so cool.

Thanks for this week's content everypony!

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

StarBoy91

Baby Applejack was so cute!!!!!

To each their own

Aqueous

@BlueAce127 - I just opened it, I just needed Twilight_Crow's code. And sorry I'm using my original Mii character

Twilight_Crow

I tried many times but for some reason, I could never play, my new modem somehow just wont let me play with friends on any Nintendo system . Sorry guys.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

iwanttodie

Twilight_Crow wrote:

Hi everypony! Hope you all are having a nice weekend!
I had a very social week, even went to a brony meet up. Pictures will be posted on Luna's tumblr later tonight (after the races I hope).

I'm joining you @Aqueous.

Spoilers for Apple Family Reunion.

First of all I must say that this was not a bad episode, the writing was fine, and it wasn't the most predictable story so far (though it was very predictable). BUT it was indeed the most boring episode of FiM I've seen, actually I finally can say I have a least favorite episode, this one.
Again it was not terrible, it had some good parts, foal AJ was cute, the BG ponies were varied and nice, the song was ok (generic for my taste though); but the only thing that made me smile were the fruit bats.
I have to say that as a city girl with a really small familly, I couldn't relate at all, so that may have affected; but in general the episode was bland, and overall simply boring
Sorry, AJ you still didn't get THE episode.

End Spoilers.

FoTW

Ok, today is the last saturday before Christmas so, tonight we need... a themed ==Fic of The Week==
Untitled

And here we go some heart warming stories for the Hollidays:
The Candy Cane-Coated Conundrum by Quisky
[On Fimfiction Comedy Complete Everyone]
Hearth's Warming Eve new traditions are a big surprise for Princess Luna, specially the ones related to a certain Reindeer on Red robes.
Funny, and with a good Santa counterpart in Equestria. Has Luna's Hearth's Warming shanenigans, what more do you want?

Our Gifts by The Descendant
[On Fimfiction Slice-of-life Complete Everyone]
Staring Twilight and Spike, this one gives you those fuzzy feels. The Decendant is a great writer, just go read it.

More Holiday stuff:

@CorporalPegasus That video about 2012 was awesome. Sorry to hear about Mr. Poniator, but he's not really gone, he just got tired of making videos so cool.

Thanks for this week's content everypony!

Yeah, I didn't like the episode that much either, It's my 2nd least favorite only to MARE DO WELL.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

CorporalPegasus

@MasterGraveHeart Wow...that is a sad undertone...

This episode was decent. I liked the song and the quick return of Babs Seed and a bsckground role for Breaburn was also a nice touch, and those fruit bats are weird but also kinda cute, Baby AJ was incredibly cute. Tough i have to agree with some here that the parts were Granny Smith was the focus were kinda boring.

Also remeber when i said G3 was bad but 3.5 was hell?
Well here is G3.78987223!

Well apart from Mr. Sugar Snuggle Stallion, i think the other characters are bland

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

MasterGraveheart

What you need to remember about the Granny Smith parts was that they were made to be the framing device to Applejack's story. Remember, the point was that she'd forgotten what was really important about the reunion and didn't let the moments make themselves. They were made to create contrast to what Granny Smith had experienced with what Applejack herself was doing. The athletic and competitive Applejack focused more on the intensity of her events and going above and beyond rather than respecting the heritage of the Apples and remembering it as a reunion rather than a state fair-like production.

I think the Granny Smith segments were necessary to make the episode come together and to explain why what Applejack was doing wasn't going to work.

Also... would anyone have guessed that Cloudchaser, Bon Bon, or Hayseed Turnip Truck were members of the Apple Family? ^^;

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

TeeJay

600th page guise!

I'll bring it up again: I really think we should create a new thread with the proper name.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MasterGraveheart

Nah. This one has the legacy and it's good to keep track of all the posts we've made for at least reference's sake.

MasterGraveheart

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.