Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 11,161 to 11,180 of 14,348

Eel

Well, it's because making her an omniponent being is not something that should happen, at least not until the real definitive finale of the series.
If that happens and it's permanent, she'll just become a fancy mary sue and everything we love about the cartoon will slowly die. Becoming more and more a "little girl's show" than a "neutral show". I bet the non-hasbro executives people working on the show wouldn't like that.

I think.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Aqueous

@DiscordedTeeJay - Well that ruins everything. Hopefully you'll find it again. Too bad about the blog and someday I will defeat you on Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7. Someday!

@CoporalPegasus - I wish I did not read that but as I can find it nowhere on the web. I'm assuming it false. It is only on that site. Equstria Daily has nothing about it, nor does any other part of the internet.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Wildvine53

@CorporalPegasus I don't believe the rumor is true, but I wouldn't be surprised to find Hasbro has plans to phase out Derpy. She is one controversial little pony, and they probably see her as bad press. The only thing that doesn't make sense about the post is the part about the possibility of firing over these details. If that were true, why post about it at all, I'm sure rumors like this would make it's way back to Hasbro. I believe this line was added to help give this rumor more weight.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Eel

Well, Derpy is in the iOS game and not only is she derpy, she's also a homeless creature more akin to a wild background critter than a pony character.

Bloop.

Wildvine53

Morphtroid wrote:

Well, Derpy is in the iOS game and not only is she derpy, she's also a homeless creature more akin to a wild background critter than a pony character.

Really? That's certainly good news. I had no idea she was in the game, I still haven't had a chance to play it.

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Eel

She appears from time to time inside a box a la Solid Snake.
Tap the box and she does a reveal dance and coins appear, then she'll clumsily walk around the town for a while and interact with the other ponies she finds.

Bloop.

TeeJay

To quote someone from another forum:

"This was passed as a rumor and was directly addressed in a context that would only target to piss off us bronies, quite literally.

It's a troll post. No worker from Hasbro would address it in such a defeatist and hopeless manner, as if to say all is lost. That was just part of the message that was specifically written that way in order to try and piss us off.

Words such as, The Ugly. That word used in context with the Derpy subject proves that this guy knew exactly how to sting us with the right words and get a negative reaction from us, in other words, it was an attempt at Trolling."

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

GuardianKing

@DiscordedTeeJay I have another Tumblr called Starship-Crusader. That was me, and I offered the exact same thing as Kid Discord did. Probably should have told you that was me...

@CorporalPegasus That would be, for a lack of better phrasing, corporal suicide (No, I'm not trying to make a pun on your username. Sorry :S) If Hasbro did that, then they would effectively kill the entire fanbase. Unless DHX and the writers make it temporary, or at least create appropriate buildup, then I could see it pass. Maybe.

And now, a vector I did for something else I've been working on:

Untitled

So what do you think? Are the gradients convincing enough?

Next up, a Derpy-fied version of this:

Untitled

@RetroBrony91 Don't worry, I didn't forget my promise to draw Discord

See y'all later! I'm off to write the gorier and more insane version of Guardian Rising, now renamed Guardians Unchained. >: ]

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

ToastyYogurt

So, first I'm challenged to go the whole weekend without electronics by my teacher as extra credit, and then I had to hold off watching the latest two episodes (didn't come here in the meantime in order to avoid spoilers).... and then I was busy some more. I actually found some rather.... interesting art. But let's start with what I thought of the last two episodes.

SPOILERT
Magic Duel was pretty good! Seemed rather dark for a regular one parter, but as someone said here, they might have intended this to be the two part premier until Hasbro told them to do something to sell some toys. Also, am I the only one that thought Pinkie looked really cute without a mouth? Must have been a nightmare for her to go through that, but I thought it looked so cute when she had a happy expression on her face (er, well, her eyes I guess) that I made it my avatar!
And Sleepless in Ponyville was pretty good too! And totally reminded me of the Avatar: The Last Airbender episode where Aang can't sleep, especially at the end. Minor Avatar TLA Spoiler When Dash came into the dream sequence I yelled "No Firelord, you're not wearing pants!" End MATS
Yeah, I could say more, but you guys pretty much nailed almost everything.
SPOILEND
So, the art. It's a loosely kept secret ("loosely" because it's out now ) that I like seeing characters transformed into other creatures so.... have some pony lamia! (Which is a female naga, which is half human, half snake. Or in this case, half pony, half snake)
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled UntitledUntitled
(Click on image for source and bigger image)
But wait! There's more! CMC! Princesses! Derpy! A bunch of ot...

And centaurs!
Untitled

And.... cows.
Untitled
Untitled
(Yeah, Twilight Sparcow is listed as mature on the source, but I don't think it deserves it. If Barnyard can get away with udders hanging everywhere and be a G/PG movie, I think the artist was being a little too cautious ("I put milkdrops and a puddle underneath her, I'm not sure if dA looks too kindly on that sort of thing so I photoshopped it out. At least, that's what I did the last time I did something with udders... whenever that was.... anyway, if it seems okay to submit that, I'll definately give it a strict filter."))

Alright, that's enough art. (Click for sources on all o dem)

POTENTIAL SPOILERS BUT MAYBE NOT I DUNNO
About that troll pic.... yeah it was a troll, but there is a bit of truth behind it. While the Derpy thing is skeptical, we do have proof that Twilight will be an Alicorn, at least for a time during the finale. Hopefully she ends up losing her alicorn powers before the episode ends, because if Hasbro pushes them to keep Twi an Alicorn, it will alienate the fans, the franchise, and Hasbro as a comapny that at least gives somewhat of a crudmuffin about their franchises outside of toys (Not like they didn't do that enough. They didn't do a very good job with show accurate toys when the show began, and when they got better, they only made them better because the fans promised money. But at least they're good enough of a company to listen to such demands.) And the whole Derpy thing? Is Hasbro REALLY that scared of controversy that they're phasing her out? They could just say "Don't make her talk, and don't make her anything more than a background pony/Where's Waldo." One of the fun things about watching episodes twice is trying to find Derpy in the background. During season 2 she was in the some of the best and most hilarious hiding spots (in the snowglobe, anyone?). Hasbro can't be so cruel as to take that away from fans. If they didn't want to resist "fan backlash," they wouldn't have even tried phasing her out in the fist place. If Derpy isn't found in an episode, someone is going to say "WHERE'S DERPY?" and when 5 or so episodes go by without a trace of her, the bronies will be angered. Some might even stop watching the show and buying merch. It's a stupid reason to stop watching, but some people go to extremes to get what they want. Woah, that was a huge rant there. TL;DR Derpy's removal = Not happening.
END POSSIBLISH SPOILERS

And now it's time to talk role play.

INCOMMING ROLE PLAY ANNOUNCEMENT!

Yeah, the last time I talked role play (or if by "talked" you mean "mentioned," second to last) I disappeared. But I'll be on break in a week and a half, and I assume a lot of others will too, so hopefully we can all get together and start RPing again! I'll start one when I get off break, to assure that I won't disappear as soon as it starts. But in the meantime, if you want to start the RP before I do, be my guest. I'll join in when I can (maybe earlier than before I go on break. Depends on my estimated work load.) Here's my original RP announcement from a few months ago minus my actual move in the RP (when/if I do start it, I'm using something different anyway. I wanted to start it with something looser):

ToastyYogurt wrote:

You know what? It's time for a new RP.
For you new guys, once in a while we role play ponies. You can be anypony in Equestria, that hasn't been chosen by somebody else, or you can be an OC. The only rule we have about OCs is no Alicorns. Also, you can only play as one pony.
Here's a list of chosen ponies, from our Twilight Sparkle, Aqueous. I've bolded the ponies of players that haven't been on the thread or I haven't heard from in a long time. You can choose them, but if you do, you should be willing to give up the pony/dragon/rabbit you play as should the original player come back. But remember, you aren't limited to the list. There's more canon established ponies than there are in this list.

Aqueous wrote:

@ToastyYogurt - Pinkie Pie
@Aqueous - Twilight Sparkle
@FluttershyGuy - Fluttershy ( though he said anypony could use her once)
@Wildvine53 - Applejack
@KaiserGX - Rarity (warning you have been added, mine is [FRIENDCODECENSOREDJUSTINCASEFORSOMEREASONIDUNNOWHYI'M EVENINCLUDINGTHISPARENTHESISBIT])
@LeCorporal - Rainbow Dash
@Twilight_Crow - Princess Celestia
@GuardianKing - Luna [TOASTY EDIT: He said he doesn't want to be Luna and uses OCs instead, so I think Luna is up for grabs....]
@AlbertoC - Silver Spoon
@Applejacklove - Applebloom
@Big_Mac - Big Macintosh
@LordJumpMad - Discord (Yes we know you don't play being trapped in stone) [TOASTY EDIT: If you take Discord, Discostew, you'll never have to give him up. This entry on the list was a joke. LordJumpMad is the leader of the brony trolls here.]
@I-Hate-Ponies - Gummy (Her name is ironic on purpose)
@TeeJay - Spike
@SylverStone - Zecora ( Ready to keep rhyming?)
@TwilightPoint - The Mayor of Ponyville
@MasterGraveheart - Derpy (Thank you for the reminder Destroyer)
@Blue_Ace - Scootaloo (Might be wrong on this one) [TOASTY EDIT: He was actually Sweetie Bell, but he stopped participating and said anybody could take control of her]
[TOASTY ADDS FOR THE SAKE OF COMPLETION]:
@Buob: Scootaloo
@Shadow100: Angel
@PlasticRevolver: The Only Human in Equestria. Used to be one called Revolverflare, then one named Heron, but will probably be another human this time.
(From memory)

P.S. Don't be afraid to start the RP without me!

P.P.S. If any new faces joined us in the week or two I was gone, welcome to the herd!

P.P.P.S. This is probably the longest post I have ever made (albeit with quotes and images and stuff).

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Lunapplebloom

@CorporalPegasus Yeah, I don't see it as being reliable. Probably just a troll posting that, but time will tell.

@Wildvine53 I saw those in an advertisement, but have yet to see them face to face. Thanks for the closeup.

@Chrysalis You are? Well count me out of reading it then.

@ToastyYogurt Wow, that is one massive post. I see your back in full force then. And no, I don't really see the udders as being a problem, though I must say they do indeed look slightly creepy. I also look forward to another RP. I'll wait a bit though, but I would love to join in the fun.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Discostew

@ToastyYogurt

TOASTY EDIT: If you take Discord, Discostew, you'll never have to give him up. This entry on the list was a joke. LordJumpMad is the leader of the brony trolls here.

Did I just get Rickrolled? lol

About the RPing.....is that being done here, or at another place?

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

ToastyYogurt

@Applejacklove: Ikr? I added another P.S. about that right before I saw your post! And thanks for assuring me the udders weren't bad, I was worried somebody would be offended by them. I do agree that they're creepy. When I first saw them on Pinkie, I thought they were unmentionables. Then I started wondering why a mare would have those parts.

@Discostew: How'd that happen? Yeah, RPing happens right here, alongside the usual commotion. RPing is usually separated in somepony's post from the rest by itallics, bold, and/or one of these guys:

Now if you excuse me, I'm going to search for a ritual to release the Rick Ashley from my body.

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.

CorporalPegasus

Yay RPing! Ill be Dash again, of course

@Toasty cows are creepy D:

@Chrysalis Looks epic, also, unintended puns, lol.

Looks like the whole Derpy phasing out was just a troll action then. Well for the better.

Also....what happened to @Buob? I havent seen him in ages....

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

TeeJay

Chrysalis wrote:

@DiscordedTeeJay I have another Tumblr called Starship-Crusader. That was me, and I offered the exact same thing as Kid Discord did. Probably should have told you that was me...

Oh, dang. Didn't mean to upset you or anything, but I totally missed it, sorry! I see it now though. Kid Discord sent hers to me in a fan mail so it got my attention that way.

I'm still open to learning how to use other programs, though. Maybe I'll take a crack at vectoring again. Imagine: Show-accurate Tender Page! Eyes glaze over Well, show-accurate may be shooting a little too high, but I'll settle for nice clear updates!

I could think about getting back into RPing here again. I'll be my OC! But...will I have to give up Spike?

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

ToastyYogurt

@Teejay: Good to see you're getting back together with your Tumblr! I've been reading it, it's pretty good. And unfortunately, the RP rules state that you can only play as one pony. By "pony" I meant any character (better fix that loophole). So, you can either be Tender Page or Spike, but not both. Sorry. At least you have a week to decide, unless someone decides to start it early (Which would be nice, I barely have an idea on how to start it! If only @PlasticRevolver was around....)

@CorporalPegasus: Another episode leaked? This is the third time! (Hearts and Hooves Day, then Too Many Pinkie Pies, now this) iTunes really needs to get their act together, huh?

@Everypony: It's good to see so much enthusiasm for role play! I know we have some ponies here that haven't seen us role play at all, so I'll look to finding one of our best old ones. Right now, I'm on my iPhone, and I need more time anyway to sift through pages of forum. (I've been working on a chronicle of the old ones, but I haven't got back to it in a while).

I'm pretty okay.

Aqueous

@ToasyYogurt - Quite creepy. I'd almost say you are close to NSFW but I think your right in that you are fine with those.
I'll play. Though, I'm thinking I'll wait for you, not fair otherwise. Unless there are rejections, I'll keep Twilight. Kind of use to playing as her now. Also some of those names haven't been seen in sometime, maybe those characters should be freed up?
Let's see if I can find Shantae for this new Naga problem.

@Discostew - Yup, it happens right here. Now to see if we can have one run from start to finish successfully.

@CorporalPegasus - Thank you, this time I think I'll wait for it to air properly though.

@GuardianKing - You should check with the Nintendolife Artists Thread on it.

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Electricmastro

ToastyYogurt wrote:

@Teejay: Good to see you're getting back together with your Tumblr! I've been reading it, it's pretty good. And unfortunately, the RP rules state that you can only play as one pony. By "pony" I meant any character (better fix that loophole). So, you can either be Tender Page or Spike, but not both. Sorry. At least you have a week to decide, unless someone decides to start it early (Which would be nice, I barely have an idea on how to start it! If only @PlasticRevolver was around....)

@CorporalPegasus: Another episode leaked? This is the third time! (Hearts and Hooves Day, then Too Many Pinkie Pies, now this) iTunes really needs to get their act together, huh?

@Everypony: It's good to see so much enthusiasm for role play! I know we have some ponies here that haven't seen us role play at all, so I'll look to finding one of our best old ones. Right now, I'm on my iPhone, and I need more time anyway to sift through pages of forum. (I've been working on a chronicle of the old ones, but I haven't got back to it in a while).

I know hearts and hooves day was leaked, but too many pinkie pies? To be fair, wasn't tht only leaked a few hours before airing?

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.