Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 11,121 to 11,140 of 14,348

StarBoy91

^ If the rumor that a fourth season being considered turns out to be false, then it will be a sad thing, imo I'll be a sad pegasus if the series does end on season 3 with only thirteen episodes

SPOILERS
Anywho, I finally saw the "Magic Duel" episode in full today, and I thought it was really good and colorful. I'm glad Zecora made another appearance, she rocks at rhyming! The two showdowns between Trixie and Twilight, the last one particularly, was riveting, and I thought the episode ended on a good note. Also: "OMG Twilight made a parasprite appear, Ponyville is doomed again!" sees it create another and then watches both disappear "Oh, never mind, danger averted!" Poor Pinkie didn't have her mouth for most of the episode, and I was surprised when both her and Twilight manage to break the fourth wall, by stepping out of the episode at the very end (Pinkie, I understand, but Twilight?). "Whoa!" The way that Ponyville was being encased inside a giant fish bowl to ensure Twilight's exile vaguely reminded me of the way the city of Springfield was encased by a giant dome in The Simpsons Movie (I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that... I hope). Also, I still love how Trixie refers to herself in the third person, it never gets old. Good watch! I should think of reviewing TV show episodes for my blog, since I've got so much input to add as well, and maybe start talking about some other episodes or other shows, too
And now, today's episode: Sleepless in Ponyville (I love it when episodes' titles are a play on a movie or novel name)! What did I think of this one? Well, I liked it! I thought it was great to have an episode dedicated to Scootaloo; at last her moment to shine has come! The story was good, the sense of atmosphere was well-handled (especially during Scootaloo's dream/nightmare sequences), and I strongly felt the moral was expressed perfectly. Rarity was funny in this episode, the way she OD'd on the packing necessary to go to camp (classic Rarity). Sweetie Belle, even though she's not focused on as much this time, was totally adorable. <3 What else? Visually it's a really great episode, and I also thought the relationship between Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo near the end was touching. Glad I saw it!
END SPOILERS

So, anypony ready for and excited about the holidays?

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Wildvine53

Oh my gosh the new episode was Ah-MAZ-ing!

Spoilers, Spoilers, Spoilers

I loved all of Rarity's little moments, and the interactions between the fillies and older ponies. The Campfire stories were nice, and I can't believe we got scootaloo and Luna in one episode!

End Spoilers, Spoilers, Spoilers

@RetroBrony91 I am most certainly excited about the holidays! We just finished decorating the house, and I've been enjoying plenty of Christmas music this past week.

Edited on by Wildvine53

Wildvine53

3DS Friend Code: 2878-9589-2016 | Nintendo Network ID: Wildvine53

Lunapplebloom

Haven't.... watched.... yet, must.... avoid....... spoilers...........

I'll just leave this here for now. The newest episode in 1080p.

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Drobotic

OOOPS!I forgot all about the new episode because I was too busy playing with my(active)little nephew!Or maybe it was because I was too busy thinking about the new Pokemon movie airing tonight on Cartoon Network.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

CorporalPegasus

Spoilers. The're in this post

I loved this episode! It had a good moral for little boys and girls alike and good jokes like Rainbow Dash snoring, Sweetie Belle's song, Rarity up to her old tricks and the weird creepy old mare thing in the last scene "Thanks now have a nice day". Also Luna returning and being the one that has the solution to the problem was a great choice.The only thing some people may complain about is that Scootaloo's family (if she has one) is never shown, but i didn't expect it nor will i complain about it. Season 3 is pretty much flawless so far, only the first 2 episodes could've been better, but i feel they did the other episodes quite perfectly. Cant wait till the RD episode......i have a really really really good feeling about that one.

Also, people are talking about Keldeo!
Untitled

@CaptainOlimar Could you tell us why you think the fanbase is terrible?

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Discostew

SPOILER

Seems like the fandom got what they wanted. Rainbow Dash taking Scootaloo under her wing. Just about as close to being her little sister without actually being one. Jokes all around, including the one that started it all. Scootaloo really was a chicken. My only real problem with this episode was Sweetie Belle singing. It was funny, but it seemed to dismiss everything that we were given back in Season 1, with Sweetie Belle being an actual good singer. Although I guess for such a song, it didn't matter how it was sung.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

StarBoy91

@CaptainOlimar - could you tell us why you think the fanbase terrible; I'm not mad at you or anything, I'm just curious, that's all

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Electricmastro

Discostew wrote:

SPOILER

Seems like the fandom got what they wanted. Rainbow Dash taking Scootaloo under her wing. Just about as close to being her little sister without actually being one. Jokes all around, including the one that started it all. Scootaloo really was a chicken. My only real problem with this episode was Sweetie Belle singing. It was funny, but it seemed to dismiss everything that we were given back in Season 1, with Sweetie Belle being an actual good singer. Although I guess for such a song, it didn't matter how it was sung.

I guess when it's late it night and you're singing about oats/cider or whatever, there's doubt anyone would sing professionally, especially when you sing all 99 parts of it.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Drobotic

@CorporalPegasus
Lol.I just noticed that Keldeo looked a lot like a unicorn.

Edited on by Drobotic

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Arianabtd

Applejacklove wrote:

Haven't.... watched.... yet, must.... avoid....... spoilers...........

I'll just leave this here for now. The newest episode in 1080p.

Thanks for posting, I missed the new episode because I went out to get a Christmas tree! (It was boring to be honest.)
can't wait to watch it!

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Electricmastro

NOTICE: If you do not like swearing, then get out. Ok, here it is.

THIS. Is just hilariously funny.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Discostew

Electricmastro wrote:

"My expert analysis of the episode: Luna Luna Luna Luna (Scootaloo?) Luna Luna, cause Luna did Luna that's Luna Luna, therefore, and of course Luna."
That made me lol.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Electricmastro

Discostew wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

"My expert analysis of the episode: Luna Luna Luna Luna (Scootaloo?) Luna Luna, cause Luna did Luna that's Luna Luna, therefore, and of course Luna."
That made me lol.

I'm a brony and I just love how this one guy is ranting over Scootaloo getting upstaged over Luna.

I like to believe that one night when Gear is sleeping, he's just gonna be dreaming about Scootaloo, but then Luna jumpsļ»æ in and replaces Scootaloo and then he's just gonna wake up mad and saying out loud "WHY AM I DREAMING ABOUT LUNA? SCOOTALOO IS MY FAVORITE! WHY IS LUNA IN MY DREAMS?!" XD

TeeJay

@Drobotic Hey! I'm waiting for the movie tonight too! At the time of posting, I have about an hour wait before it starts.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

MasterGraveheart

[b]***SPOILER ALERT FOR: SLEEPLESS IN PONYVILLE!!!***

I think this episode can be best summed up with...

Untitled

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

RainbowCrasher

Sleepless in ponyville just shows that chickens are cool.

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

Twilight_Crow

Hello everypony!

@Applejacklove @RPGShaymin Hope you guys had a happy birthday!

Hey there, @Konata Welcome to the NL herd!

Sleepless in ponyville Spoilers!

Another great episode, and I do believe we are watching some fanservice. I'm completely sure DHX guys were inspired by the fandom here.
Scootaloo needed her own episode, it is my less favorite CMC, but she is still nice and as part of the young main cast, it was about time they give her screen time. What I love the most about the episode was how full of classic jokes it was, and I laughed a lot. Then LUUUUNAAAAAAAAAA! Her first time as an important secondary chatacter on an Slice of Life ep, yay. All her support towards Scoots was sweet. Finally Rainbow and Scoots bond. That scene was nice, but I felt something amiss with it. I just tend to read too much between lines; not my favorite scene, but soft and kind none the less. And that last scene, I'm telling you: Fanfics... they read them. Oh and Luna being a dreamwalker is canon! Huzza!

Spoilers end.

FoTW

Returning to some of my favorite stuff, something darker in this ==Fic of The Week:==
Inner Glory by Erindor
[On Finfiction Dark/Adventure Incomplete Teen]
Twilight decides to do some research on alicorns, things don't go as planed, and a new evil entity forces Celestia to show Twilight and her friends another world, one with a darkness they were not allowed to understand.
This is a very interesting attempt to explain why Equestria is so colorful and nice. Tries to dwell deep in filosophical conundrums about good and evil.
Good, simple writting makes it easier to read that other works of this kind I've found.

And art:
Untitled
Untitled

I'm on vacations, so now I hope to show up during the week .
Thanks for the content (minus spoilers). Later.

Edited on by Twilight_Crow

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

Twilight_Crow

Chrysalis wrote:

Mindblown...

Untitled

That theory... I read it on a fanfic long ago... canĀ“t recall which one though.

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.