Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 10,781 to 10,800 of 14,348

MasterGraveheart

**SPOILER/NERD THEORY ALERT**

My theory is that Twilight Sparkle is being groomed to be the next Princess of Equestria. With Celestia and Luna severed from the Elements of Harmony, their immortality might be waning, but Twilight and her friends have attained it. The series finale, hopefully not this season, or next, or next, or next, etc., will probably be Twilight Sparkle's rise to true royalty episode, which reveals WHY Celestia wanted friendship reports from her and the others in the first place. Having lost 1,000 years with her beloved sister, she wanted to make up for lost time before their time comes.

To Celestia, nothing is more important than friendship, especially with those closest to you. In those 1,000 years, Celestia may have lost touch with what being a friend is all about, and so she turned to more common ponies who are surrounded with it all the time to help her truly mend fences with her beloved sister before it was too late. Obviously, they'll have succeeded, and the six will attain their near-goddesshood, revealing the message of the series:

Although time may come to an end, friendship is forever because Friendship is Magic!

/nerd theory. Now have some dancing crusaders.

Untitled

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

Drobotic

@MasterGraveheart
It's official.Gangnam Style has turned into a meme.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

SilverLeviathan

I've heard about this "new" (One year old...) internet phenomenon, but i never really bothered looking into it...

SilverLeviathan

Lunapplebloom

@MasterGraveheart Interesting theory there. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the series going forward. Thanks for your theory input.

@Drobotic Yes... yes it has.

@Electricmastro lol I never thought they would ever do that. Previous generation Pinkie Pie looks as creepy as ever.

@GuardianKing Thank you for finding the Season Premier episode and posting it here. And your thoughts on how she learned to use that magic is a good, though I'm just going to sum it up to her being very learned in the art of magic that she could put 2 and 2 and 2 together and be able to use it. Just a thought.

@SilverLeviathan Well there's no better time than the present. You should be able to find the episodes on Youtube somewhere. I'd recommend you to start at the beginning though, everything afterwards will click then.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

Discostew

I now want to know the reasoning behind Pinkie Pie doing that, and if the writers/animator did this to intentionally poking fun at the previous generation.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Electricmastro

Discostew wrote:

I now want to know the reasoning behind Pinkie Pie doing that, and if the writers/animator did this to intentionally poking fun at the previous generation.

I'm actually hoping that it's not just part of the commercial just so I can see bronies freaking out in chats.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AlbertoC

Ah, it has finally happened. The start of the third season of MLP:FiM, meaning more pony. I have slowly seen this fanbase recovering interest in the series. I know, i know, some people have alredy moved from that and whatnot. But you know what? I don't think this will end anytime soon.

As for the two part special... Spoiler alert below, be warned. Warned? Good. Spoilers end where the quote begins. Sorry if anyone can't quite understand my nonsense comment, and please understand that the following personal comment is exactly that, a personal comment. So take it like that, okay?

OK, so it wasn't anything ground-breaking, but it wasn't lame either. Twilight bursting again into rage at the start... So she has anger management issues? ...Awesome. And then... She freakin' broke gravity! How cool is that?!

But then, there was Luna. I don't see any point of her being on the episode other than please Luna fans (sorry, aforementioned luna fans). I mean, she is cool, anyway, but still.

IMHO Pinkie pie stopped being random to start being ridiculous. The jokes she made were not cartoonish, but bothersome. I kinda hated her until "Griffon the brush off", when i saw she was in fact upbeat and not silly. But... This one was kinda meh and put it in a very tight spot on my book. I hope it gets better.

Then there was King Sombra. I expected a full fledged character, not a black-pest-cloud-thingy. He could really have used some dialogue, more personality... Heck, even nightmare moon had more characterization than him. I didn't find Sombra threatening from the start. The last great MLP villain i saw was Discord, who spectacularly sank the plot of the episodes he was in to a very low, no-return point and then the elements of harmony, with help of Spike, saved the day in a likewise spectacular way... He really got wickedness, awesomeness, even charisma. "Twilight! Look what i did!" plat "Priceless!" That two-parter single-handedly beats this one.

And the ending... Well, okay. They gave chance to spike to be the hero, and not Twilight Sparkle, the main character. That was a fresh and unexpected twist. But they took away Spike's victory to shake away Twilight's fail, again, as for pleasing the fans or something.

The animators know they already have a solid foundation and they shook it on this special, but they didn't push the boundaries a lot. They could have used this to better define other characters, or give interesting plot twists, or change the format like they did on "Lesson Zero", or to show more Silver Spoon or something, but they didn't chose to do so.

___________________________________________End of spoilers__________________________

Electricmastro wrote:

My response to this...

Untitled

...Is this real?

3DS FC: 4554 - 0221 - 1785

GuardianKing

On the subject of G3 Pinkie...

Untitled

I'll have to agree with the comments: this is one of the most clever commercial meme's I've seen.

@AlbertoC I'll quote something a commenter on EQD said (an opinion I agree with):

From what I've seen, most people seem to think the premiere was excellent except for King Sombra. Courtesy of immblueversion from Behind The Voice Actors, here's a really interesting analysis of his character. It certainly changed my mind:

"He did nothing besides roar, scream and snarl, and he barely talked. He hardly showed any personality or clear motivations. He didn't actively plot against the heroes. And he didn't live past two episodes.

But did he really have to?

You see, King Sombra has more of what many MLP villains thus far lack: presence. It was his presence alone that made sure the Crystal Ponies remained miserable. It was his presence that kept them from remembering where the Crystal Heart was, or going to the one place it was hidden because they were too scared of him. Just by being there, Princess Cadance was left to suffer for days on end, even with her beloved Shining Armor by her side.

And even then, he still tried to make sure the heroes didn't have their way. He took away Shining Armor's powers, causing Princess Cadance to suffer even more. He left traps that those without the courage and wits to stand up to them could not pass. And even though he wasn't always physically present, his influence remained, and it left a very heavy impact on everyone who dared to stand against him. He also managed to do what no other villain on the show has done before: make Twilight swallow her own pride as a means to defeat him.

From everywhere he went to everywhere his name was merely mentioned, he caused nothing but pain and suffering. And not a single one of us knows why.

And yet there are those who have called him 'wasted potential,' just because he barely talked or took action, had no clear characterization, and didn't live up to any of our lofty expectations. But I'll be fair; even I expected him to be Sauron as he was before he was slain by Isildur, not Sauron as he appeared in the whole 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy.

Sometimes, less really is more. That is why he is, to me, a far greater villain than any of us could have ever anticipated."

He goes on to say:

"Now that I think about it, each of the major villains thus far represents a different 'element to writing a good villain' and, in a way, makes up for what the others lack in those regards:

Nightmare Moon: Good backstory, makes her more sympathetic.

Discord: Good personality, makes him more fun to watch.

Queen Chrysalis: Good motivation, makes her actions mesh better with the plot.

King Sombra: Good presence, makes his threat more apparent."

No matter how you look at it, Discord, Nightmare Moon, and Chrysalis (by the way, I'm vectorizing her right now) were just sort of there at the moment, for the moment. With Sombra, you have this well-done lingering feeling of him being "everywhere," yet we never actually see him as himself until the end. Could he have had some interaction? Yes. Most importantly however was his ominous presence, something the other villains don't capture quite as well.

BTW, @Everypony: Like the new username?

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Lunapplebloom

Well @AlbertoC, that was an interesting read. I must say that you make a couple of valid points. I just rewatched it again and I liked it more then than when I first saw it. Though that could be chocked up to the fact that the first time I saw it I had been interrupted multiple times and never saw it through in one sitting. And don't you worry, Silverspoon will show up eventually.... I hope anyhow.

@GuardianKing and there is that Gak thing again.... I still have no idea what it all means. And I find the new username alright.

All I can say is that I want this. It just looks so awesome and perfectly detailed.... but I probably never will. Oh well, one can dream. XD
Untitled

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

SilverLeviathan

Well, cant hurt to try it i guess, i mean...this thread is incredibly long....

SilverLeviathan

SuperGiantRobot

I'd have been more impressed if Sombra hadn't been about as dangerous as a severe bout of flatulence.

Seriously, what did he do? He inconvenienced a unicorn that wasn't using his magic to do anything anyway, scared a bunch of bummed-out ponies and roar.

That's about it.

Edited on by SuperGiantRobot

SuperGiantRobot

Discostew

SuperGiantRobot wrote:

I'd have been more impressed if Sombra hadn't been about as dangerous as a severe bout of flatulence.

Seriously, what did he do? He inconvenienced a unicorn that wasn't using his magic to do anything anyway, scared a bunch of bummed-out ponies and roar.

That's about it.

It's sad to see a villain with potential simply get thrown to the side like that.....or should I say, left on the outskirts.....

Well, unless there is more in store for him, I guess we'll have to rely on the community to fill in the gaps.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Sylverstone

Applejacklove wrote:

@GuardianKing and there is that Gak thing again.... I still have no idea what it all means. And I find the new username alright.

Gak is like some sort of silly putty thing. It was popular in the 90's, I think, and somehow, it's making a comeback.

What started the Gak craze was not 1, not 2, not 3 but FOUR Gak commercials played in succession. The livestream chats went nuts, and soon enough, it became a one-time meme which is beginning to die out quickly because of how overused it was.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.