Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 10,501 to 10,520 of 14,348

CorporalPegasus

BlueAce127 wrote:

So... The long wait is over, eh?

Blue_Ace! Welcome back! How long has it been, like 6 months?

@wildvine
Wow, that Derpy looks really nice

IGOR!

TeeJay

Applejacklove wrote:

@DiscordedTeeJay Aww... Wait, is this for your Tumbler?

Yes, and I just now posted it.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Lunapplebloom

@DiscordedTeeJay Oh, okay. I thought so, but then I somehow thought it was going to be about you having to leave for a while or something else happening, Hence the question.

But to the subject at hand.... That is sad. I hope that Tender has some friends in the future.

Have some art of Luna for tonight. (At least in the States that is.)
Untitled

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

TheDreamingHawk

I can't take it anymore. I need help here. BADLY.

Today I tried again, and talked to this one girl about MLP. She liked Luna and I liked Celestia. It all seemed to go well, and it was like talking to someone here.

Then Rainbow Dash. Oh my god, I can't stand it!

She constantly said "Rainbow dash is the best pony ever! SONIC RAINB00M!" Then she kept saying it over and over again, which irritated me. Then she added how Rainbow dash was awesome because of his ability to fly when no other ponies in the entire show couldn't.

Um... HELLO? LUNA CAN FLY, AND YOU CLAIM TO LIKE HER.

Also, she kept calling rainbow dash a "he" because she claimed he looked and sounded like a guy with down-syndrome. That made me snap and realize that she was faking the whole thing all along to toy with me.

I can't stand it. WHY MUST I HAVE BAD LUCK WITH THIS SHOW? First kids who place it with weird obsessions I'm not discussing, then lots of other stuff that gets annoying. I really need advice here. How can I meet someone as honest and as nice as the people on this site? All I meet are fake fans or derpy clones.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

GuardianKing

Here's another great site. Of course, being an open forum, there's some weird. However, I checked, and it ain't that bad either. Me and @DiscordedTeeJay are using it, so give it a shot. The people there are really nice too!

Sidenote: Just got a Black Butler themed pocketwatch. You know, cause I've established that pocket watches are a billion times better than actual watches.

I was about to run to the Hot Topic to snag myself a Derpy, but my dad said he didn't have enough time Maybe this weekend though

Also, final note: Trinity of Time is taking a little hiatus right now, as I'm focusing on my original novel: Guardian Rising (link in my signature.)

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Aqueous

@TheDreamingHawk - Hmm, tough one. You want to meet people like the ones here that like ponies. I personally have never actively looked for a pony group. I have heard of one near me though but have never gone. I have met a few fans though, but it was by my streetpass group I found some. Of course the focus in on games and ponies are a sub-topic. Kind of like how Nintendolife is the main thing to be here for, which is games and this topic is an unrelated sub topic we take part in.
I think you best bet though would be to try looking among the friends you already have, you never know what hints you might find towards them liking ponies. Likes on facebook are a good clue, as well as shared videos on there. Friends should stick by you if you like MLP FiM as well, even if they don't, if you want to try reaching out to them or leaving clues of your own. Finding people is a game your likely to lose and have lost and finding real people that are mature, at your age (middle school wasn't it?) when people are at the least mature state will be a hard challenge unless age is only a number pertaining to years on this planet alive, in that case, you'll have better luck. My guess outside of your already gathered friends would be to look into other groups of people with similar interests. Ponies might not be a big topic but you might find someone that enjoys them and will talk on occasion about them with you. Best of luck on your quest.
I forgot, thank you for calling us, nice and honest. Your are a friendly face around here as well. I do hope you find what you seek in a pony fan off the web.

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Discostew

@TheDreamingHawk

Unfortunately, the majority of people in the world that know about MLP will refer to it as a little girl's show, and while that is true, they clump all versions into one, and ignore anything that doesn't qualify with their interpretation of what the show is about. You've also got the media that only references the prior generations and not this generation, to which that majority of people get informed about.

I initially was one of those people that looked down on MLP, and made it a point not to even look into it. It wasn't until I was browsing YT when a clip of the G4 show showed up in the related list. The thumbnail image displayed a Flash-based show, which immediately made my feelings of the show even worse, because I was getting sick of Flash being used for modern animation since I enjoyed the more traditional hand-drawn animation. Nevertheless, I decided to just see what it was about. It was the Rarity whining clip. At first, I was like "WTH is this?", but I did notice that the animation was actually not that bad. Far better than previous Flash-based non-MLP shows I've seen. From there, I ended up checking more "related videos", until I got to a point where I then started watch the actual show. Later, I found myself on ponychan, and then joined a group in synchtube, watching the remainder of Season 1, then reruns of it, and finally watching Season 2 with them.

Where am I now? I've done some pencil drawings, have all 8 recent McDonald figurines, a "Join The Herd" shirt and Applejack made out of Perler beads from my bro (whom I got interested in the show) , and even did some vocal dubbing of Discord that I have on YT (though none of my family knows about that). I am a fan of MLP:FiM (though just that and not prior generations), but I'm not a fanatic, nor do I want to be. I don't go to conventions. I don't dress up. I simply like the show. I don't go out of my way to find people that like it too. I'm much too shy about that. Rather, I just go about my business, and if I end up meeting someone that likes the show (in that they are the ones bringing it up), then at least we have something in common.

The only thing I can suggest to you is to not force it on anyone. Don't make it a conversation starter, nor bring it up out of the blue. You're far less likely to be looked down upon if the conversation happens to lead down MLP lane under normal circumstances. Just wait for possible hints before engaging in MLP talk.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

GuardianKing

@Discostew In my personal knowledge, and apologies in advance to whomever this may concern, but I do not believe any of us have/ever will dress up as ponies.

That said, I have attended one convention so far (MidWestria), and I can honestly say: it isn't that bad. Do not rely on pre-conceived notions, as I can assure you, the people there are perfectly normal, and will often address you with greater courtesy than what most of "normal" society seems to display.

Now then, here are some of the long promised MidWestria pictures.

May I introduce to the stage: Cosplayers:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Pardon the shaky cam. Anxiety can sometimes be, for a lack of better words, a frickin pain in the butt.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

StarBoy91

I've just updated my avatar on MS Paint (with the pony from the Pony Generator), with my ponysona flying in the clouds having fun and exclaiming "I AM RETRO!" Since my ponysona is a pegasus, I figured since it had wings on its back then why not use them?
My original file looks a lot crisper and clearer then it is shown here (I'll upload the original file on ImageShack and share it here if you want), but I think it turned out all right; my only concern is if I put too much on it

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

TeeJay

Wh-what? Retro, you're PeacefulLuma? The one who had all the MS Painted Luma related avatars?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Lunapplebloom

@TheDreamingHawk First I must say thank you for your kind words about saying that we're nice hear. It really means alot. Secondly, I'm sorry that your search ended in frustration yet again. Thirdly, as far as finding people with the same liking for the show, @Aqueous and @Discostew pretty much covered it. Try to faintly hint to your friends that you already have, and see if they catch on to you. You never know if they have been secretly hiding it as well.

@RetroBrony91 Please do show us. I'd like to have a peek.

@Discostew Thanks for sharing your story. We all shared ours previously in this thread, but I guess I could repeat mine just for the sake of it.

It all started back in December of last year. The Brony phenomenon was reaching a new peak which I was totally unaware of. I had frequently visited this site for the past 4 years and had always just watched from the sidelines and never actually joined the site. Then the past December of last year. I saw that there was this thread here that continuously had comments on it. That thread was this one. At first, I disregarded it as a mere joke and that it was merely to poke fun at it. I was thinking to myself "Come on, who would seriously watch MLP, it's for little girls." I then tried to forgot about the thread, and was going about my normal business, but it would keep showing up again in the recently commented section on the front page from time to time. Finally, in the middle of January, I decided to take a look at the thread and see what all the fuss was about. I was amazed, to say the least, that the people of this thread actually were honest in liking the show. I then thought to myself, 'Eh, I'll just watch one just to see what it's like." That night, I went to Youtube, and looked up the first episode. My brother was curious as to what I was doing, so he decided to watch it with me as well. When the opening theme came on I was wanting to cringe, but persevered through it. After watching it for a bit, I found it to be quite charming, and not what I was expecting from a show of it's kind. Then halfway through, my sister heard the birds singing from Fluttershy's bird quartet and decided to enter my room unannounced. We was... quite startled to say the least. We then looked at each other awkwardly before she started to laugh. It was in a friendly manner, but with some concern as well. I said to her that I was just seeing how it was. After a few more minutes of awkwardness, she left the room. I then continued watching it, and once I saw the "To be continued..." at the end, I had to see the next... and the next... and the next... Before I knew it, I was hooked. Soon after, I decided to make an account to this site, and joined the thread here. And, as they say, the rest is history. I am now the proud owner of some MLP merchandise, and a couple of shirts. I never go out and declare it to anyone that I am an MLP:FiM liker, but if I happen to bump into someone and they like it, I'll give them a friendly chat.

Previously Applejacklove

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

StarBoy91

All right, everypony, here's the native size of my new avatar; let me know what you think:
Untitled

@DiscordedTeeJay - yes, that's me

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

CorporalPegasus

@retrobrony91 That looks great!

Also, what Wildvine said, but the page also said this:

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Pony head writer Meghan McCarthy tells EW that season 3 (...) and the reemergence of a certain unnamed fan favorite villain β€” who McCarthy says will return β€œin a very, very awesome way.”

Awesome!

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

IGOR!

Lunapplebloom

@RetroBrony That looks great. I can't see nothing wrong with it.

@Wildvine53 Huzzah! I'll finally have an exact date to look forward to now. I'll need to place that date on my calender.
Untitled
from the official Facebook Page of the Hub.

@CorporalPegasus Sweet!

Previously Applejacklove

EvilRegal

Applejacklove wrote:

@RetroBrony That looks great. I can't see nothing wrong with it.

@Wildvine53 Huzzah! I'll finally have an exact date to look forward to now. I'll need to place that date on my calender.
Untitled

@CorporalPegasus Sweet!

That's what I was coming out of lurking to post. yay for November 10th, and yay for ponies!!! I'm just sorry it's coming after Halloween. I wanted to know what everypony was going to dress as for Nightmare Night this year! Celestia only knows what Pinkie Pie would be up to... I'd love to see her dressed as Gummy! Check this out to blow your pony minds!

Untitled

Angelshy.
Untitled

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Discostew

Applejacklove wrote:

snip

I unfortunately don't have The Hub, and attempts during last season at watching via certain recorded steaming weren't so great. Do you all have a place you go to for this event?

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.