Forums

Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Posts 10,221 to 10,240 of 14,348

Chunky_Droid

Just briefly, can someone summarise why My Little Pony is so popular? I don't get it, lol.

Chunky_Droid

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0236-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Chunky_Droid | Twitter:

Electricmastro

ChunkyDroid wrote:

Just briefly, can someone summarise why My Little Pony is so popular? I don't get it, lol.

This sums it all up.

For the more elaborate explanation.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

MasterGraveheart

ToastyYogurt wrote:

@MasterGraveHeart: Personality, I think Season 2 didn't have the same feel I grew to love from Season 1. It's most likely the combination of the fact that everypony writes letters to the princess, rather than it having that special personal feel when just one pony that was learning friendship from the groundup was writing these letters, the characters acting a bit more over their established personalities, and potholes. Plenty of potholes. Because apparently some of the writers forgot some things established in season 1 (Granny Smith is over 200 years old? If Fluttershy was a doormat, how did she quit being a model so easily? If Pinkie Pie has so many friends, why didn't she invite any of them to Gummi's birthday party/after-birthday party?). Personally, I like season 1 better.

Let's go by this one-by-one.

1. The switch from just Twilight writing the letters to everypony writing them offers more creative freedom and prevents Twilight Sparkle from being overexposed, hurting her marketability.

2. Each of them still has plenty of work to do to grow as ponies and who said old lessons couldn't be challenged later?

3. Why couldn't Granny Smith be over 200 years old? Ponies seem to have pretty long lives to begin with. Princess Celestia, anyone?

4. Fluttershy quit being a model so easily because she had the support of two of her dearest friends in Twilight and especially Rarity. Fluttershy would have been willing to quit if it weren't for worrying she'd hurt Rarity.

5. Pinkie Pie has the friends, but who said everypony else was GUMMY'S friends.

But that's just my take.

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

GuardianKing

@Everypony Sorry if I gave y'all the wrong impression. It's been a pretty crappy day for me, even with Ninty's announcements. Let's just say that Anxiety+Teenage Antsyness+Lack of Sleep=A powerful force that really messes with my mind. I was just feeling really down, and kind of to blame. I always forget y'all are much older than I am, and are probably tired of hearing my teenage whining.

On a positive note; I'm getting a copy of TWEWY tomorrow!

@TwilightPoint That idea has been used before, but still remains very good. Actually, I'm writing something about Vampires VS Werewolves called Solunar. Basically, Earth has been torn apart by centuries of war between Vamps and Lycants, with the humans caught in between. The sun hasn't risen for many decades, plunging our planet into eternal darkness. Armed with weapons Helios and Selene, Solar Knight Hunter and his partner Aaron must fight for the freedom of man, and the equality of the races. (Trust me, there are soooooo many plot twists to this...) It's coming soon on DA.

Now, pony news:

Reposting this in case you missed it the first time. Hobbits and ponies; that is all.

Also, I have already reached Scene 3 Act 1 Part 1 with my fanfic (pretty far).

You can start from the beginning here on DA. Yep.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

crazyj2312

sketching to practice. I doodled a rarity/fluttershy hybrid
I call her...Volita Carat
Untitled

Edited on by crazyj2312

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9345-3153
blog

Syrup

MasterGraveheart wrote:

I don't think it's any of us NintendoLife bronies, but some of the more questionable bronies out there, including cloppers, grimdarks, and shovers. You know, the ones who give bronies a bad name.

First off, I really don't mind cloppers, people that write grimdark fan fic's, or whatever "shovers" are. As they say: suum cuique.
Who am I to judge others for their preferences? Am I no better than the brony haters when I look down on these people? Love and accept thy fellow brony for his or her quirks, no matter what they may be.

Secondly, it may or may not be some brony/bronies from here that I can't stand. I'd rather not say or specify for various different reasons, the most obvious being that I don't want to hurt peoples feelings, regardless if I like them or not.

MasterGraveheart wrote:

Bad other fans, hating non-fans, or a lack of content between seasons is NOT a legitimate reason to give up on a show. Genuinely losing interest in the show, though, can't really be helped. Me? I'm still thrilled with the prospects of one of the most unexpected shows of all time, so I'll be here for you guys for the long haul!

And Squiggie? Season 2 is better.

Well, maybe not to you, but to me, that's a pretty good reason. Why? Because I'm me and you're you. It's as simple as that.

And I never said that Season 1 was superior. I personally find it to be better. Not once did I say that it was a fact that season 1 was the better season. It's all just a matter of personal opinion.

GuardianKing wrote:

I always forget y'all are much older than I am, and are probably tired of hearing my teenage whining.

Nah, keep it up. That just reminds me of how much I love today's youth.

Anyhow, I'm officially going to stop calling myself a brony. I'm now just someone that watches the show casually, and draws a pony or two from time to time.
Whatever, it was nice while it lasted...
Oh, wait, it wasn't. Being a brony only caused me immense amounts of stress and grief with my family and some of my friends... Oh, well... :/

GuardianKing

@SquiggleTail Trust me, I hate today's youth even more than you do since I'm in it. I'm sick and tired of being associated with these third-rate morons cluttering the halls of my high-school. >: (
That's why I don't get people; what they say and how they think just doesn't seem natural to me. Since when is a good quality, well written, family friendly show, which was intentionally designed for all ages, inferior to the sick, disgusting, immature excuse for the @$$holish things you do called "YOLO". How about "SWAG?" There's nothing classy about "SWAG;" just another excuse to wear inappropriate clothing, and do things 15-year olds shouldn't be thinking about.

I fell like we lost track of things here. Can we please move on people?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Aqueous

@TwilightPoint - So you'll write Romeo and Juliet but with vampires and werewolfs? So basically Twilight Romeo and Juliet?

@MasterGraveheart - Good question, how will Rarity out do Rainbow Dash?

@GuardianKing - Don't worry about it. Send a message sometime if you want someone to vent to.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

GuardianKing

@MasterGraveHeart Whining's gonna get her a free ride from the Wonderbolts.

What?! Entirely possible!!!

@Aqueous I stopped using SwapNote ages ago. I feel kind of uncomfortable "venting" to you guys, knowing that your teenage years are long behind you, and probably don't wanna hear all that whining all over again.

Feeling extremely down right now... Need a free internet hug...

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Lunapplebloom

@crazyj2312 Nice pic you made there. Very well done.

As for my input into this topic of the showing losing it's magic, I don't feel that way at all. The final for season 2 was great, though probably gets to much praise for it's own good. It was great, but not outstanding. Overall season 2 was just as good for me as season 1, and I can't wait for them to finally start airing season 3, as well as that comic book series to finally hit.
As for being called a ''brony", the word has started to lose it's luster with me. for me, it's more of finding other people who like what you like then actually having a name for it. I don't mind being called a brony, or just being a guy who likes the show. Either works.

And since no new news of season 3 has come yet, here is a trailer for the fan project 'Children of the Night'.

Oh, and where are my manners. Welcome to the herd, @TheRainbowDash! have a pleasant stay.

Edited on by Lunapplebloom

Like: Sonic, Yoshi, Link, and Samus
My Appleloggery and Youtube
PSN ID: sonicwildfire
Previously Applejacklove
Discostew: "I am the terror that trots in the night!...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9557-7319 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicwildfire07 | Twitter:

crazyj2312

@Applejacklove thanks! I might do another one tomorrow.

any two ponies you guys might want to see sort of mixed together?

Edited on by crazyj2312

blog

MasterGraveheart

@GuardianKing: Something like that, but I find the line between anthromorph fan and furry to be a lot more extreme than the line between brony and clopper.

As for the word "brony," I nave no problems or issues with it at all. The people who make it a problem are the haters who choose not to learn more about it, think they know the score from the get go, and just run with the hate. I refuse personally to give in to that kind of peer pressure, hence why I call myself a brony loud and proud... but only to haters. I'm far more subtle with others.

But, yeah, let's move on to something fun. ^^

Edited on by MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2738-1632 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterGraveheart | Twitter:

JustAnotherUser

@Aqueous Yep. It's worked before and maybe it will work again.
I mean, just add some explosions and people will sing it's praise.

JustAnotherUser

E32014Intern

thank you applejacklovr :]

Temp Intern at Nintendo Treehouse!

ToastyYogurt

Wait.... I thought @TheRainbowDash was an NLer that changed his name (I can't remember who I thought it was). Anyways, welcome to the herd, @TheRainbowDash!

@MasterGraveHeart: Fluttershy had the support of Pinkie and Rarity in "Putting Your Hoof Down," yet she was still having problems. When she quit being a model, all she had to say to Photo Finish was "Sorry, but I won't be able to make it to any of them," and she was out. I do see your other points though.

@crazyj2312: That's a great drawing! Personally, I want to see Pinkie Pie x Fluttershy, but draw whatever cross you want!

@ChunkyDroid: It's a good, quality, funny, and touching show. Just watch a few episodes, and you'll understand.

Edited on by ToastyYogurt

I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4642-6622 | Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime

Aqueous

Welcome TheRainbowDash!

@GuardianKing - You have Backloggery
If it helps, I don't mind

@TwilightPoint - Of course! some explosions, they make very thing better, second only to the magic of friendship

Edited on by Aqueous

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

crazyj2312

okay so I did rarity x rainbow dash! I call her Velocity
Untitled

then I did pinkie pie x fluttershy! I call her Rosy Volare
Untitled

Edited on by crazyj2312

blog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.