General Discussion Forum

Topic: My idea for a ''Wii U'' Star Fox title

Showing 1 to 16 of 16

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rizz768

1. Posted:

I'm a huge fan of both Star Fox 64, and Star Fox Adventures, and when Star Fox Assault was released, I was incredibly disappointed, I guess I was expecting more?

I thought up this concept of perfectly combining these games, not sure this would fit on a Wii U disc to be honest, but here's the block of text I wrote (I just posted this on another site, I won't be advertising it here though) I would just like to see what people think of this, maybe Nintendo can see this some day and get some ideas? :)

Title: Star Fox Universe

Gameplay:

The game takes place in the Lylat system, a free-roaming fictional Universe first seen in Star Fox 64. Players can explore the vast Lylat system in an Arwing, encountering epic space battles, hidden upgrades, and many planets inhabited by ferocious enemies. Many new aspects are present, such as a real-time fuel system, players will have one hour of flight time before having to visit the 'Great Fox' to re-supply. Upgrades can also be unlocked to gain additional fuel time. Enemies are randomly spawned throughout the Lylat system, when killed, offer experience points, occasional repair orbs, as well as limited-time weapon upgrades.

The player will suffer a penalty when running out of fuel, losing any limited-time upgrades, and all experience gained while in flight, the player will then respawn on Great Fox, which can be seen slowly orbiting the Lylat system. The game utilizes an auto-save feature, which will take effect when passing a checkpoint, completing a mission or quest, landing on Great Fox or a planet, or defeating a boss. Fuel orbs can be obtained on planets, if you seek to land on a planet with low fuel, this will allow a player to re-fuel the Arwing before leaving a planet.

Planets:

The game will feature 15 unique planets of varying difficulty, Fox must be of a specific level to land on them. These planets are all ground based and once on a planet, Fox will not be able to use the Arwing unless to leave the planet. Optionally, these planets can be orbited (read below) Much like Star Fox Adventures, a previous game in the series, these planets will contain many side-quests, unique enemies, both common and rare item upgrades, and epic boss battles. Some planets will allow the player to use the Landmaster, and Blue-Marine vehicles to some degree.

Each planet will feature an orbit system, in which the player can choose to enter, rather than landing on the planet itself, players will circle the planet, defeating enemies for additional experience until all enemies have been defeated. The player can only gain experience one time on each of the planets orbit, and once Fox reaches a specific level, these enemies will no longer grant experience, however, the player will be able to return at any time as these enemies will respawn once leaving the orbit. These orbits will resemble classic levels first seen in "Star Fox 64", and will feature traditional on-rail gameplay. They will also feature high scores and time record keeping.

Once Fox reaches the maximum level, the final planet, Venom will be unlocked. Fox must defeat Andross' minions here, eventually causing Andross to flee the planet, leading to the most epic battle in space Fox has ever seen.

Corneria:

The home of Star Fox and friends, Corneria will act as a safe-zone planet, in which Corneria City is built upon, Fox can land here to interact with fellow Cornerian's, gathering quests, gaining additional armor and upgrades for both land and flight missions (based on level), which include learning new melee attacks, laser upgrades, and faster Arwing speed boosts.

When the game has been completed, a much more difficult 'heroic' mode will become available.

Online Multiplayer:

The game features two multiplayer modes, a co-operative adventure mode, and a deathmatch mode, both on land and in space, item upgrades and experience earned in the single-player campaign will be present in these online modes.

The game would also have some sort of offline multiplayer.

Edited on by rizz768

rizz768

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

2. Posted:

since the starfox series died due to poor sales because of no online play, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha NO!:P The series got rebooted in starfox 64 3d & tanked in sales bad.:(

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

3. Posted:

I doubt Star Fox is dead. If anything Star Fox 64 3D's sales just goes to show that Star Fox fans aren't gullible enough to buy up a full priced port without new content of some kind.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

4. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

since the starfox series died due to poor sales because of no online play, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha NO!:P The series got rebooted in starfox 64 3d & tanked in sales bad.:(

You seem to be an extremely negative person.
Nintendo is probably the last company in which you can state a character as dead. Considering the amount of Star Fox characters in SSBB, and their willingness to revive series like Kid Icarus, I think Star Fox has plenty of hope.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

5. Posted:

^^He's being driven insane with Nintendo bitterness. I daresay he's almost crazy enough to consider Ape Escape a good game. Show a little compassion.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kevohki

6. Posted:

"These planets are all ground based and once on a planet, Fox will not be able to use the Arwing unless to leave the planet."

Yeah I stopped reading there.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rizz768

7. Posted:

kevohki wrote:

"These planets are all ground based and once on a planet, Fox will not be able to use the Arwing unless to leave the planet."

Yeah I stopped reading there.

Heh, the next paragraph mentions that you'll have an option to either land on the planet, or orbit it, which would be all flying based, like classic Star Fox titles. I mentioned in the beginning this would be blending the two styles perfectly.

rizz768

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

8. Posted:

I don't want another Star Fox title. Let the series' mediocrity die.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WildMan

9. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

I don't want another Star Fox title. Let the series' mediocrity die.

I beg to differ. Adventures, Assault, and Command were all amazing games in their own right..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kevohki

10. Posted:

rizz768 wrote:

kevohki wrote:

"These planets are all ground based and once on a planet, Fox will not be able to use the Arwing unless to leave the planet."

Yeah I stopped reading there.

Heh, the next paragraph mentions that you'll have an option to either land on the planet, or orbit it, which would be all flying based, like classic Star Fox titles. I mentioned in the beginning this would be blending the two styles perfectly.

Yeah but the on-foot gameplay style has always been only mediocre to me as someone who likes action/adventure games. Adventures was alright but it wasn't even a Star Fox game to begin with and it showed. Why orbit planets when the first two Star Fox games worked perfectly while flying your Arwing and other vehicles on the planets? Why get out of the Arwing at all when the on-foot segments are clearly the worst part about the series lately? They slow down the pace, control poorly, and practically every single game nowadays has you in third person using melee combat or shooting. I would rather be flying or in a vehicle all the time in Star Fox. They should take some lessons from Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge for online multiplayer. If they want to make an action/adventure game, have it star Wolf and call it Star Wolf, hehe.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

11. Posted:

MrNiceGuy wrote:

I beg to differ. Adventures, Assault, and Command were all amazing games in their own right..

That can be applied to every game ever made.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

12. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

MrNiceGuy wrote:

I beg to differ. Adventures, Assault, and Command were all amazing games in their own right..

That can be applied to every game ever made.

To be fair, at least Assault tried to bring back actual Arwing levels.

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WildMan

13. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

MrNiceGuy wrote:

I beg to differ. Adventures, Assault, and Command were all amazing games in their own right..

That can be applied to every game ever made.

Perhaps I didn't word myself correctly. I thought that those games were actually pretty good and were unfairly criticized. I actually think Assault is the best game in the series and Adventures was a pretty great game also. Command was also decent. But those are just my thoughts and obviously many people don't agree with me..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamepro

14. Posted:

rizz768 wrote:

Title: Star Fox Universe

A better name should be Star Fox U.

Gmail: patricksip11@gmail.com
3DS name: Gamepro.

3DS Friend Code: 4785-4228-5487

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

15. Posted:

Gamepro wrote:

rizz768 wrote:

Title: Star Fox Universe

A better name should be Star Fox U.

Universe

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reggienator

16. Posted:

rizz768 wrote:

I'm a huge fan of both Star Fox 64, and Star Fox Adventures, and when Star Fox Assault was released, I was incredibly disappointed, I guess I was expecting more?

I thought up this concept of perfectly combining these games, not sure this would fit on a Wii U disc to be honest, but here's the block of text I wrote (I just posted this on another site, I won't be advertising it here though) I would just like to see what people think of this, maybe Nintendo can see this some day and get some ideas? :)

Title: Star Fox Universe

Gameplay:

The game takes place in the Lylat system, a free-roaming fictional Universe first seen in Star Fox 64. Players can explore the vast Lylat system in an Arwing, encountering epic space battles, hidden upgrades, and many planets inhabited by ferocious enemies. Many new aspects are present, such as a real-time fuel system, players will have one hour of flight time before having to visit the 'Great Fox' to re-supply. Upgrades can also be unlocked to gain additional fuel time. Enemies are randomly spawned throughout the Lylat system, when killed, offer experience points, occasional repair orbs, as well as limited-time weapon upgrades.

The player will suffer a penalty when running out of fuel, losing any limited-time upgrades, and all experience gained while in flight, the player will then respawn on Great Fox, which can be seen slowly orbiting the Lylat system. The game utilizes an auto-save feature, which will take effect when passing a checkpoint, completing a mission or quest, landing on Great Fox or a planet, or defeating a boss. Fuel orbs can be obtained on planets, if you seek to land on a planet with low fuel, this will allow a player to re-fuel the Arwing before leaving a planet.

Planets:

The game will feature 15 unique planets of varying difficulty, Fox must be of a specific level to land on them. These planets are all ground based and once on a planet, Fox will not be able to use the Arwing unless to leave the planet. Optionally, these planets can be orbited (read below) Much like Star Fox Adventures, a previous game in the series, these planets will contain many side-quests, unique enemies, both common and rare item upgrades, and epic boss battles. Some planets will allow the player to use the Landmaster, and Blue-Marine vehicles to some degree.

Each planet will feature an orbit system, in which the player can choose to enter, rather than landing on the planet itself, players will circle the planet, defeating enemies for additional experience until all enemies have been defeated. The player can only gain experience one time on each of the planets orbit, and once Fox reaches a specific level, these enemies will no longer grant experience, however, the player will be able to return at any time as these enemies will respawn once leaving the orbit. These orbits will resemble classic levels first seen in "Star Fox 64", and will feature traditional on-rail gameplay. They will also feature high scores and time record keeping.

Once Fox reaches the maximum level, the final planet, Venom will be unlocked. Fox must defeat Andross' minions here, eventually causing Andross to flee the planet, leading to the most epic battle in space Fox has ever seen.

Corneria:

The home of Star Fox and friends, Corneria will act as a safe-zone planet, in which Corneria City is built upon, Fox can land here to interact with fellow Cornerian's, gathering quests, gaining additional armor and upgrades for both land and flight missions (based on level), which include learning new melee attacks, laser upgrades, and faster Arwing speed boosts.

When the game has been completed, a much more difficult 'heroic' mode will become available.

Online Multiplayer:

The game features two multiplayer modes, a co-operative adventure mode, and a deathmatch mode, both on land and in space, item upgrades and experience earned in the single-player campaign will be present in these online modes.

The game would also have some sort of offline multiplayer.

I think this is an AWESOME idea, and hopefully the next Starfox game will be great, and Starfox 64 and Adventures is one of my fav Starfox games :)

Edited on by Reggienator

"My name is Reggie, I'm about kicking ass, I'm about taking names and were about making games" -Reggie Fils-aime